Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297146 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Womenrep(f): 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
cochtrane:

Though paystubs are important, they are not compulsory. You can omit paystubs and offer a LOE on why you can't provide them. Don't sacrifice your work experience for that. Employment contract and reference letter are enough to prove your work experience.

Thank you, this is quite helpful. That being said, I can now go ahead and register for my IELTS. I was holding back because of that. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
sorefunmi:

at glittering star..congratulation sis...so happy for you...the messages on this thread shows how much contributions towards answering and giving genuine responses in helping others..May GOD CONTINUE TO FAVOR YOU AND UR FAMILY EVERYWHERE YOU GO.....

Amen! Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by browndoll: 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
Thanks glitteringstar!

GlitteringStar:

1. You can scan and upload the issued visas and stamped travel pages for the current passport only. Try to merge the bio-data page (this will be the first page) and stamped pages into a single PDF file.

2. Some do fill the form upfront while others don't. It all depends on you.

* Declare the visa refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
Womenrep:

Thank you, this is quite helpful. That being said, I can now go ahead and register for my IELTS. I was holding back because of that. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
See here and here. They did not submit payslips and got no ADR for it. You can check here for a LOE explaining that payslips are not available. The person here attached bank statement though. You can redraft this kind of letter to suit your own situation of payslip unavailability.

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
BHOOKEY:
send ur email address so I can forward when I find it. Tx

Justbazick2000@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
Pikipiki:
Congratulations to all those who got their desired ielts scores. And to those who didn't, do not despair. Giving up is not an option

My IELTS result

L 8
R 9
W 7
S 7

Thank you @Sugaro and @Talkingboy for the tips. Although I did not get my desired scores( I desperately need the extra 9 points because of my age ), I am grateful to God for not dashing BC my 68K. I will most likely register for another ielts if CRS cut off doesn't come down to 430 by June

Congrats bro , trust in God .

It shall b well with u.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2018
Rebarobyn:
So I got the golden mail today after a wait period of 5 months and 23 days. Truly it is not a journey for the faint-hearted. I have been worried, scared, tired, hopeful, hopeless and even prepared my mind for the worst ... I would come to this thread to give myself hope and stay away sometimes not to get my hopes up...

Where I wan start, na the IELTS abi na international police clearance...abi na WES wahala...then I got to NA2, got moved to LVO and stayed there forever. Let me also say over the last few days I got a few mails from LVO, also ADR and I got super worried.

A big thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey so far.....and more importantly I give God all the glory.
congrats to u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
Please, I am at a crossroad now. I need advise please: between IDP MOD (Ogudu GRA, Lagos) and BC IELTS which is advisable to take? I have gone through the threads from 300 down and I have been following the gist, sincerely I am scared of BC already because of the writing scores but majority were acing IDP's. Secondly, I dont know if IDP Ogudu GRA uses headphones for Listening test and if one can choose when she wants her Speaking test. Finally, the price difference is another factor I am considering, IDP is 68,000 while BC is 75,000. Please I need sincere advise and not insults please. Lastly, does IDP conduct their test on weekends? I went online and decided to book for one but all the available spaces have been booked except for some few Saturdays in May. HAVE READ THROUGH THE PAGES so I need inputs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pstfrancis(m): 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
IELTS is now 75k, please what is the issue with TOEFL? Is it not acceptable for this process and what of PTE too. Gurus waiting for your feedback on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
cochtrane:

I don't get this. You changed your passport info before submitting your application, right?

Yes. I used a new passport for the application, old one for ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2018
GlitteringStar:
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!
Application Approved!!!
Kindly find below my timeline.

woooooow very hearty congrats to u.wishing u the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jesusbabie: 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hello. Congratulations on your PPR. I tap into your grace. Could you please help me with a sample reference letter of your 25% pension. Walked up to my pension managers but was told to bring in a draft copy of the letter.

POF: A little high for a single applicant (Gift deed, Personal Income and Pension, about 94% came in the week before AOR sha)
Reference, pcc et al gotten, scanned and ready before ITA.

@ Threadstone @Glitteringstar and all that used 25% pension as POF kindly help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Womenrep(f): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
cochtrane:

See here and here. They did not submit payslips and got no ADR for it. You can check here for a LOE explaining that payslips are not available. The person here attached bank statement though. You can redraft this kind of letter to suit your own situation of payslip unavailability.

Be blessed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
coolangel54:
Please, I am at a crossroad now. I need advise please: between IDP MOD (Ogudu GRA, Lagos) and BC IELTS which is advisable to take? I have gone through the threads from 300 down and I have been following the gist, sincerely I am scared of BC already because of the writing scores but majority were acing IDP's. Secondly, I dont know if IDP Ogudu GRA uses headphones for Listening test and if one can choose when she wants her Speaking test. Finally, the price difference is another factor I am considering, IDP is 68,000 while BC is 75,000. Please I need sincere advise and not insults please. Lastly, does IDP conduct their test on weekends? I went online and decided to book for one but all the available spaces have been booked except for some few Saturdays in May. HAVE READ THROUGH THE PAGES so I need inputs.

1. I don't think there's any guarantee that IDP gives better scores

2. I think it has been confirmed here that IDP now uses headphones.

3. Speaking test date is flexible with IDP but no choice with BC. Though IDP does not conduct speaking test on weekends.

4. Ielts is 75k beginning May. Probable reason IDP is looking cheaper is that they have April date available.

5. The dates and days you see on their website are the days and dates they conduct test. If you see weekend there they do weekend. If you don't, they don't.

6. I don't believe you've actually READ through the pages because all the info i just listed, I got from this same thread. But isalrite all the same smiley

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by IamtrulyBlessed: 2:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
Please pardon me for responding quite late. I've been so busy.

Basically, I used the IELTS official study guide, Book 11 & 12, E2language, IELTSLiz, Oxford Online English .

I employed the strategies of E2language (Jay) in speaking and writing. They're very effective, I got 7 in writing even without concluding my essay because of a costly mistake that made me to write part 1 twice. While I used IELTSLiz & E2Language for listening. Absolute concentration and scanning of questions before the audio is played is very helpful. Likewise, I used E2, IELTSLiz and Oxford Online English, especially matching and TFNG for Reading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csI64Rm3Hh0

You can get all these videos on YouTube.

In terms of practice, I used these sites/materials

Reading & Listening:
https://ieltsonlinetests.com
http://mini-ielts.com

Writing & Speaking:
E2language live classes by Jay
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCglDIsg_Z9mE2oT9hsrbzFA

General practice - exam week
Cambridge Book 11 & 12
Official Cambridge Guide questions
Road to IELTS - practice questions
IELTS practice questions from https://www.ielts.org

You should be fine if you understand the IELTS tricks.

As per MOD, they're as good as BC if not better because of their excellent customer service.

segzy14:

Please can you share tips and relevant links/website you used to make it a success.

13 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 2:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
Jesusbabie:
Hello. Congratulations on your PPR. I tap into your grace. Could you please help me with a sample reference letter of your 25% pension. Walked up to my pension managers but was told to bring in a draft copy of the letter.

POF: A little high for a single applicant (Gift deed, Personal Income and Pension, about 94% came in the week before AOR sha)
Reference, pcc et al gotten, scanned and ready before ITA.

Hello, find below

14th August, 2017.

The Manager
Stanbic IBTC Pension Funds
1678 Olakunle Bakare Close
Off Sanusi Fafunwa
Victoria Island
Lagos

Dear Sir/Madam,

Request for Statement of Pension Account

I am applying for permanent residency to Canada and need my pension statement of account as evidence that I have some savings in the account.

I also need a letter to confirm that 25% of my total contribution will be available to me upon resignation from work.
The letter should be addressed to:

Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

I will be grateful if you would avail me the letter and the statement of account to aid my application.
Yours faithfully,

(Signature)

(Name)

Credits: yimition

10 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 2:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
4Barr:

Decision to Migrate - September 2013
Got Denied Study Visa Twice, appealed at the Federal Court in Canada in 2015 and won. Study Visa issued to expire in September 2017.
Decided to relocate through express entry in June 2017.

Ist IELTS - July 29 - Short by 0.5 point for Listening
2nd IELTS - August 2017 -

CRS score - 450

ITA – Oct 18, 2017
AOR – Oct 26, 2017
Med Passed – 08 Nov 2017
IP1 – 08 Nov 2017
Na2 – 10 Nov 2017
FTD/LVO – 6 Dec 2017
Got Married – 30th Dec 2017
Notified CIC – 31st Dec 2017
Notified CIC and London again – 4th January 2018
ADR for Spouse Documents & RPRF – 19th January 2018
ADR sent – 22nd Jan 2018
Account updated & Spouse Added – 28th January 2018
IP2 - 29th January 2018
Spouse Med Passed – 1st February 2018
ADR – Replacement for Proof of Funds – 19th February 2018
ADR Submitted – 19th February 2018 (same day)
Update: We do not need additional documents – 20th February 2018
Requested GCMS Notes – 26th February 2018
Review of Additional Documents: Changed to Not Applicable – 27th February 2018
PPR – March 15th, 2018

FSW: London Visa Office – 140 days Post AOR.

congrats wishing u the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
Newmum0615:
Congrats @threadstone.

We should use you as prayer and contact point during morning devotion.

"Oh God of threadstone, visit my PR application with divine speed. Every obstacle to my golden mail, waste away by fire!"

Oya pray!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Amen Amen. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 2:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
threadstone:
“The only thing better than a PPR is another PPR”
-Aristotle 388BCE

So from the land of the untested murky waters of adding spouse to an application after COPR, This is the remix grin grin

Feb 18: Notified CIC of change of marital status by mail
Feb 19: Raised CSE
Feb 22: Reminder mail (response you will be contacted shortly)
Feb 23: CSE response (you cannot add spouse at this moment as decision has already been taken, unless you submit a new application YIMU undecided )
Feb 24: Gentle Reminder mail
Feb 26: Subtle Reminder mail

Finally
Feb 26 (received on 27th): Request for spouse documents:
List of requirements be long from Lagos to burundi

1. PAY Money- $1040CAD

2. Fill and upload

1. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
2. Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
3. A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669
4. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
5. If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law

3. Int Passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, PCC, medical form, digital photo

Spouse questionnaire (to be filled by both spouses), where when u met, occasions and events you’ve both attended. Wedding, reception, is it arrangee marriage, have you visited each other, did u have honeymoon, if yes when and where. Etc etc
Evidence of the relationship - Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)

- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address
Kindly scan and upload docs not less than 5MB!!!!!! In just one place holder named application kit. Issokay.

Batched all docs together. About 51 pages. Smallpdf, pdf2go ilovepdf did the magic trick and docs was just 2.4mb. barely readable. But I upload anyway.

March 6: Documents uploaded:

March 7 ADR: rescan and upload

Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669

Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
In their respective placeholders (wonder what they were thinking before

Submitted March 8

March 8: ADR2 rescan and upload

Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP

Submitted. March 9

PPR 2.0: March 16

Roughly 10 days: 7 from the last ADR

We can rest now.

cc guitarlife

Kay2011. Abeg borrow me dat pishure again

congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
caseynewnn:
woooooow very hearty congrats to u.wishing u the best.

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
balogunsam:

Yes. I uses a new passport for the application, old one for ITA
You should be fine. I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you submitted with a new passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2018
pstfrancis:
IELTS is now 75k, please what is the issue with TOEFL? Is it not acceptable for this process and what of PTE too. Gurus waiting for your feedback on this
The requirements clearly state IELTS. You can't use TOEFL or PTE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2018
cochtrane:

You should be fine. I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you submitted with a new passport.

Yes i think so too. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obyroli: 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2018
Good day house,
Please I need Ielts materials to starting preparing on time.I will really appreciate .
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
Post-ITA, there is a provision to input details of any travel documents you have used asides the one you are currently using. You can input that there.
balogunsam:

Cochtrane, Glitteringstar, Newmum0615 and others, please help o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
Obyroli:
Good day house,
Please I need Ielts materials to starting preparing on time.I will really appreciate .
Thanks

Scroll up someone just shared materials. You can also use the nairaland search function.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chiwelaw: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
Pls house,

On the travel history issue. The only place I remember travelling to outside this country is Ghana. Do I need to disclose that too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
MummyJaygirls:
Pls what is a nursing cert evaluated as and who evaluates it?

Is midwifery cert evaluated separately? Or together with the nursing cert
If you did it together as BSN then it is evaluated as a degree by WES.
But if you have the school of nursing RN and RM please don't use WES.
Start your evaluation with IQAS and they will evaluate it as 2 separate degrees.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
@Newmum...good day to you and everyone.

Please is there any where in the form post ITA where you'll have to input other names used?
I didn't see such while creating Express Entry Profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jesusbabie: 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
Thanks a lot for your response, really appreciate. I also need further clarification. Should they also state when the account was opened, the total amount in the account and value of 25% after after resignation? Stanbic IKeja wants a draft copy so that they can just type in their letterhead.

Hello, find below

14th August, 2017.

The Manager
Stanbic IBTC Pension Funds
1678 Olakunle Bakare Close
Off Sanusi Fafunwa
Victoria Island
Lagos

Dear Sir/Madam,

Request for Statement of Pension Account

I am applying for permanent residency to Canada and need my pension statement of account as evidence that I have some savings in the account.

I also need a letter to confirm that 25% of my total contribution will be available to me upon resignation from work.
The letter should be addressed to:

Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

I will be grateful if you would avail me the letter and the statement of account to aid my application.
Yours faithfully,

(Signature)

(Name)

Credits: yimition
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
Yes, there is. You can't miss. Can't remember under which heading it comes, but it is there.
You will get a placeholder for it in the end to upload relevant documents.
ysteph:
@Newmum...good day to you and everyone.

Please is there any where in the form post ITA where you'll have to input other names used?
I didn't see such while creating Express Entry Profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
balogunsam:

My Canny Brother....when you told me this news in the morning i was sooo happy and shocked. Brethren, this man has a certain Grace for speed upon him....the ease and speed with which you browse through things that give folks issues is something to ask God for.

Congratulations again! Oya start packing
Today makes exactly 2 months since AOR for ours and we tap from yours that it too shall manifest already.

Thanks for every help and information.

Thank you very much bro. We shall celebrate yours soon too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.