Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1298205 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
wholesomegrace:

Children's practice Ikoyi doesn't need an appointment. You can walk in or book for one and its 28k flat. That's a better option

Y'all in Lagos are having fun na. 28k? I can even pay it twice and not shake. For Abuja na 48k per adult and 10k per child under 10 years old we pay for Abuja clinics. 116k for family of four. We didn't find it funny.

IOM was no go area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2018
Canadianfly:

Y'all in Lagos are having fun na. 28k? I can even pay it twice and not shake. For Abuja na 48k per adult and 10k per child under 10 years old we pay for Abuja clinics. 116k for family of four. We didn't find it funny.

IOM was no go area.
Abi o. They are really flexing. I used IOM, was fast and stress free sha. Paid #109800 for 3people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CNNN: 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
Please I am interested. Thanks

cochtrane:
Okay, so sometime ago we organised an IELTS listening webinar for some guys on this thread and the feedback was really good. Now, we've got some more time on our hands and will organize another this Friday (tentative). Date will be confirmed tomorrow. If you want to join in, send me a PM and I'll book you in. It's free. The idea is to touch on cool strategies for listening and hopefully also reading and writing. Joining instructions will be sent to the email with which you PM. Holla, if interested smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TwentySeven: 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
gbemiigbal:

Thanks for this info. Sent my BA certificate and unofficial transcript through fax yesterday and saw a change in my ECA status saying "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)" within 18 hours. Though my MSc transcript which is more important is still on its way to WES. MSc was sent through EMS Nigeria

This group is awesome. I have learnt a lot from here!
NAGODE!!!!

Hello @gbemiigbal, also faxed my mba certificate over 24 hours ago but yet to get an acknowledgement from WES.

Can you please confirm the number you faxed yours to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
JKJ6:
Hi Everyone, we received a request yesterday to submit our passport for COPR. We have 15 days from yesterday to forward the passports to ACCRA and our medicals will expire April 5th and we are require to be in Canada before that date. We submitted our application on the 18th of April, 2017.

Our worry now is that we are not sure our passports will be processed within this very short period and besides we are honestly not prepared to leave within this short notice. Truth be told, we had given up because it was taking forever for them to conclude the process and we committed ourselves to a whole lot of other things. My spouse is very engage with work at the moment and by virtue of his position at work, he will have to give at least 6 months notice prior resignation.

We intend to request for extension of our medicals validity or perhaps go for another medicals but we are not sure if it is possible and how to go about it. Our thought when we applied was that the visa will be approved within six months and that will give my spouse enough time to notify his employer.

Experts in the house, your guidance on how to handle the situation will be most appreciated.

Oh dear! It took 1 year for your application to get approved? I suppose that's why you're not announcing the PPR with some swag. Congratulations all the same.

My opinion is that you request for an extension from the passport requesting office stating your reasons as imminent expiration of your medical examinations due to the protracted application processing time. You may also attach copies of your (and family's) medical report to back that up. When extension is granted, you may then proceed to having a fresh medical examination. This will buy you additional 12 months to sufficiently prepare yourselves for your landing arrangements, that is assuming your passports are still far from expiration.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Justiyke4u: 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hollarjunnaid:
Mi e family, rejoice with me as I cleared my ielts at second attempt with IDP MOD.
Overall 8.5
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.5
Now awaiting ECA, as WES sent my transcript for verification to Yabatech. Am working on that process now.
However, any help to facilitate the process will be appreciated.
please did they use headset on the listening part. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Seyitorl2: 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
Morning family.

NEWMUMM I HAIL o!!
congrats to all who received ppr recently. May the beautiful land of Canada favor you. And to all still waiting. "Ariwo ayo"shall be your portion.
Pls newmum help me use ur "noc"professional eye look dis my case as I dey fear misrepresentation. My noc falls in between two. One as a retail and wholesales trades manager (0621)and as a sales representative wholesale trade non technical. ( Noc6411)

D company I work for has d franchise to produce a well known brrand nd my job desccriprion include sales and customer services. I follow up with clients to take orders,ensure goods get to them, ensure payment is made, look out for potential clients bring ideas on how sales can be improved on.

Secondly,the company deals in other thing like oil e.tc.its a privately owned business with a branch in usa. nd my oga is one with an icake idea. Na our hand we dey take collect salary. Nd we no get payslips.
How do I prove this.as I am putting my documents together.
God bless u .

Cc: NEWMUM.
Newmum0615:
Please point me to the page where it is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by flosk: 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
I was asked same question set in January, but result came out fine . So just relax and prepare for your oncoming written exams

skylar2020:
I just finished my speaking test. Me that has been forming PPF could not even talk much. God help me. I'm just scared....

Was asked about flying cars. Disadvantages and advantages of public transportation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by exceedinglory: 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
Congrats geebaby10!

geebaby10:
After almost 8 months, PPR is here!! Grateful to GOD!!

ITA - May 4 2017
AOR - July 27 2017
Medicals Passed - August 9 2017
ADR for Travel History - August 9 2017 and submitted August 14 2017.
IP1 - August 10 2017
NA2- 16 August 2017
IP2 - during the mass movement in LVO recently
PPR - March 21 2018.

My application was far from perfect you can see my older posts to understand what I mean. The wait was long and frustrating but I'm super happy today.

For all those LVO is teaching patience I wish you speedy PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by victor83(m): 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
Congratulations... this is indeed a big testimony.. 8 months!!!
geebaby10:

ITA - May 4 2017
AOR - July 27 2017
IP1 - August 10 2017
NA2- 16 August 2017
PPR - March 21 2018.

My application was far from perfect you can see my older posts to understand what I mean. The wait was long and frustrating but I'm super happy today.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by skylar2020(f): 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
flosk:
I was asked same question set in January, but result came out fine . So just relax and prepare for your oncoming written exams

Alright. Thanks. I'm a bit relieved now. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by askofemma: 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
cochtrane:
Okay, so sometime ago we organised an IELTS listening webinar for some guys on this thread and the feedback was really good. Now, we've got some more time on our hands and will organize another this Friday (tentative). Date will be confirmed tomorrow. If you want to join in, send me a PM and I'll book you in. It's free. The idea is to touch on cool strategies for listening and hopefully also reading and writing. Joining instructions will be sent to the email with which you PM. Holla, if interested smiley

Am very interested! Email: nkemofficial@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nusetron(m): 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote author=geebaby10 post=66057994]After almost 8 months, PPR is here!! Grateful to GOD!!

Congrats geebaby10. May the land of Canada bear good fruits for you and your family. Go there and shine!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by buddie(m): 8:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hello All,
In the absence of institution yet to issue certificate due to delayed graduation and strikes.

Can one still go ahead with WES evaluation using the TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN letter issued from the school please?

Would the transcript still be verified?

I am referring to Unilag
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
They collect it sometimes. Someone I know used it and WES accepted it. You won't lose anything by trying.
buddie:
Hello All,
In the absence of institution yet to issue certificate due to delayed graduation and strikes.

Can one still go ahead with WES evaluation using the TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN letter issued from the school please?

Would the transcript still be verified?

I am referring to Unilag

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ok, seen. If it won't be too late, i'll send my response tomorrow afternoon after my exam. I need to revise. You may be lucky to have someone respond before me sef.
Seyitorl2:
Morning family.

NEWMUMM I HAIL o!!
congrats to all who received ppr recently. May the beautiful land of Canada favor you. And to all still waiting. "Ariwo ayo"shall be your portion.
Pls newmum help me use ur "noc"professional eye look dis my case as I dey fear misrepresentation. My noc falls in between two. One as a retail and wholesales trades manager (0621)and as a sales representative wholesale trade non technical. ( Noc6411)

D company I work for has d franchise to produce a well known brrand nd my job desccriprion include sales and customer services. I follow up with clients to take orders,ensure goods get to them, ensure payment is made, look out for potential clients bring ideas on how sales can be improved on.

Secondly,the company deals in other thing like oil e.tc.its a privately owned business with a branch in usa. nd my oga is one with an icake idea. Na our hand we dey take collect salary. Nd we no get payslips.
How do I prove this.as I am putting my documents together.
God bless u .

Cc: NEWMUM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by askofemma: 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2018
Teepearls:
Kindly forward the materials to me pls. bisitoun@gmail.com
Thanks.

Please foward to me nkemofficial@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by buddie(m): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
Newmum0615:
They collect it sometimes. Someone I know used it and WES accepted it. You won't lose anything by trying.

Thanks a million for the prompt response..would give this a try. WES evaluation is valid for how long please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Muslimity(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2018
sherilycious:
Please am about to start the skilled worker immigration process for me and my family. Pls which is easier and faster. Canada or Austrialia

Check below link out to decide your choice:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-c0yUD0sO5EVUpOM2pqZXpOTmM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ewa2014: 9:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
Glory be to God!!! My Father and my Redeemer...

This journey started Jan 2017 when I wrote IELTS and got (9,8.5,7.5,7) in LSRW in one sitting and I was like wow by June 2017 I’ll be in Canada (LOL).

But ECA did me strong thing, getting my LL.B transcript took about 4months as some years of my result was missing. It was not even funny at all. Lucky for me, I live in the town where I schooled so every week I’ll go to follow up. Sometimes even twice in the week... Eventually we had to go to my faculty to manually retrieve result from handwritten mark sheets submitted by the lecturers as at 2003/2004... imagine the pile of dust and all... But after 4 months we got finally sorted out the compilation of Transcript and sent to WES. All the while my foreign MBA had been evaluated (I did not know I could just do highest qualification only).

My ECA came in July 2017. I quickly dived into the pool... got ITA and submitted August 13th. August 30th I got ADR for Travel History Form, I submitted and the next day my application was cancelled for not including UK PCC.

I went back into the pool on the 1st of Sept and applied for UK PCC. I got ITA first week in September and submitted 18th September 2017. See my timeline below:

AOR- 18th September 2017
NA2- 2nd October 2017
FTD- 7th November 2017
IP2/ADR-16th February 2018 (Height &Eye colour and Bio Data pages)
PPR mail - 26th February 2018

Passport sent to Accra - 26th February 2018
Received in Accra - 28th February 2018
PUM- 12th March 2018
Approved - 13th March 2018
COPR- 15th March 2018
Left Nigeria - 20th March 2018
Arrived Alberta- 21st March 2018

Some highlights of my Application (major thanks to the wealth of information shared on this platform):
*the 2nd attempt was more straight forward as I moved spouse’s Experiences to personal history
*i uploaded documents for only jobs I was claiming points for, moved the others to personal experience (In previous application I uploaded letters for all previous jobs cumulatively over 9years and my present one which is self owned Firm)
* my LOE was one page and more straight forward (the first had over 4pages)
* I notarized the letter from spouse saying money in his account was for our immigration purpose and that I had access to it. Basically the entire POF was spouse’s.
*i added ielts, ECA to education certificate (I dint do this for the first).

I give all the glory to God, what started like a dream has become a reality... I don’t even know how to express my gratitude... my application has its lows and delays but through it all, my Visa officer was like an angel. He replied all status enquires politely and continually gave me hope through it all...

Also, please if you are on LinkedIn, ensure your profile is updated and accurate just as you filled in your e-APR. when i was told that my background check was ongoing, I noticed my profile was checked by “ControlRisks” a UK based firm that also handles immigration security, travel security, etc. I doubt this was a coincidence.

Finally, don’t be afraid to reach out to your Visa Office with any enquires, requests or plea as the case may be. I needed my Passport stamping expedited and I wrote to London after getting PPR, and honestly it’s the best decision ever made... My Visa Officer took it upon himself to ensure Accra stamped the passports in a timely fashion...He would even mail me from time to time to ask if it had been stamped and eventually mailed to tell me it was stamped and would be delivered same week... hence why I got PUM before approval (Please don’t abuse this privilege except you have genuine reasons for it, so we don’t ruin the chances of others with real emergencies)

The kind of favour I experienced through it all, it was definitely God at work.

I made some amazing friends too especially @bigfido and @mrsda. Thanks also to @feygbe and all those in the August and September WhatsApp group, the LVO group as well as the Post-PPR groups... the journey would have been incomplete without you all.

May God bless you all and may all our dreams and aspirations become valid!!!

One love!!!

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
ewa2014:

This journey started Jan 2017 when I wrote IELTS and got (9,8.5,7.5,7) in LSRW in one sitting and I was like wow by June 2017 I’ll be in Canada (LOL).

See my timeline below:

AOR- 18th September 2017
NA2- 2nd October 2017
FTD- 7th November 2017

PUM- 12th March 2018
COPR- 15th March 2018

A big congratulations! May you find favour in the land

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2018
ewa2014:
AOR- 18th September 2017

PUM- 12th March 2018
COPR- 15th March 2018

The speed with which you "ran away" from Nigeria left me gaping. Congratulations.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
gbemiigbal:

A friend got denied because of $120

Imagine. It must have been frustrating
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2018
geebaby10:

ITA - May 4 2017
AOR - July 27 2017
IP1 - August 10 2017
NA2- 16 August 2017
PPR - March 21 2018.

Congrats. I am so happy for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2018
ewa2014:

But ECA did me strong thing, getting my LL.B transcript took about 4months as some years of my result was missing. It was not even funny at all. Lucky for me, I live in the town where I schooled so every week I’ll go to follow up. Sometimes even twice in the week... Eventually we had to go to my faculty to manually retrieve result from handwritten mark sheets submitted by the lecturers as at 2003/2004... imagine the pile of dust and all... But after 4 months we got finally sorted out the compilation of Transcript and sent to WES. All the while my foreign MBA had been evaluated (I did not know I could just do highest qualification only).

My ECA came in July 2017. I quickly dived into the pool... got ITA and submitted August 13th. August 30th I got ADR for Travel History Form, I submitted and the next day my application was cancelled for not including UK PCC.

Wow first of all, congratulations!!!

There are so many lessons to learn from your experience too

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
mcstan18:

The speed at which you "ran away" from Nigeria left me gaping. Congratulations.

LOL, I thought so too.,.. I was like 5 days later wow

Maybe ill leave next day sef jare lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2018
deni83:
Hello all,

I'm a silent reader here. I just joined nairaland today to post my timeline. I was referred to this thread by a friend and I can honestly say that this forum is the best. I hope my timeline helps and encourages someone.

A big congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 10:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Canadianfly:

IOM was no go area.

Childrens place is 28k for adult and children making 112k for family of 4. So its almost same except of the person is single
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
ewa2014:

Thank God. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by blessings2017(m): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
JKJ6:
Hi Everyone, we received a request yesterday to submit our passport for COPR. We have 15 days from yesterday to forward the passports to ACCRA and our medicals will expire April 5th and we are require to be in Canada before that date. We submitted our application on the 18th of April, 2017.

Our worry now is that we are not sure our passports will be processed within this very short period and besides we are honestly not prepared to leave within this short notice. Truth be told, we had given up because it was taking forever for them to conclude the process and we committed ourselves to a whole lot of other things. My spouse is very engage with work at the moment and by virtue of his position at work, he will have to give at least 6 months notice prior resignation.

We intend to request for extension of our medicals validity or perhaps go for another medicals but we are not sure if it is possible and how to go about it. Our thought when we applied was that the visa will be approved within six months and that will give my spouse enough time to notify his employer.

Experts in the house, your guidance on how to handle the situation will be most appreciated.

Raise a CSE and request that the validity of your medicals be extended and state the reason(s) for the request.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gistwivkome(f): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
ewa2014:

I went back into the pool on the 1st of Sept and applied for UK PCC. I got ITA first week in September and submitted 18th September 2017. See my timeline below:

AOR- 18th September 2017
NA2- 2nd October 2017
FTD- 7th November 2017

PUM- 12th March 2018
COPR- 15th March 2018

Ahn ahn... had u packed ur bags already? I’m sure it will take me one month to pack

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kenon1: 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2018
Cornucopiacc@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.