Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297781 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by agates: 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=Lady19034 post=66372340]Dear Concerned Oga Boss,

I have read through Page 0, and can’t find where any issue like this was treated. Please help

Brief: I work as a Human Resources personnel. I have a Master’s degree in Geology (2011), and a Professional Diploma / ‘Associate of the institute’ form the Institute of Chartered Personnel of Nigeria (2010).

From previous readings, I noticed that it is best one evaluates the highest qualification with WES, which is my Masters, but knowing well that the ‘Associate of the Institute’ is more related to my work experience at the moment.
1. Do you think it is advisable I evaluate both the ‘Associate of the Institute’ and the Master’s degree with WES, or just the Master’s degree? As I would like to continue with the HR practice in Canada

Thanks

Evaluate your masters
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2018
Lady19034:
Dear Concerned Oga Boss,

I have read through Page 0, and can’t find where any issue like this was treated. Please help

Brief: I work as a Human Resources personnel. I have a Master’s degree in Geology (2011), and a Professional Diploma / ‘Associate of the institute’ form the Institute of Chartered Personnel of Nigeria (2010).

From previous readings, I noticed that it is best one evaluates the highest qualification with WES, which is my Masters, but knowing well that the ‘Associate of the Institute’ is more related to my work experience at the moment.
1. Do you think it is advisable I evaluate both the ‘Associate of the Institute’ and the Master’s degree with WES, or just the Master’s degree? As I would like to continue with the HR practice in Canada

Thanks

If you really really read through page zero, you would know that for Immigration and CRS points, your Masters alone is fine. Your question should be has anyone ever evaluated diploma from Associate of the Institute positively? Then research to see the requirements for getting into the HR profession in Canada. Because that your diploma could be useless in HR in Canada.
Now since this thread is for immigration purposes, go and evaluate your Masters and call it day. grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2018
agates:
Random POF question. So my 3 months fixed deposit as matured and GTB credited my account as opposed to rolling it over. Can I go back and refix the money in any other branch or it has to be the branch I did the initial one considering the fact that the letter given to me has the address of the branch and I am assuming if CIC wants to confirm they will confirm from the address on the letter or it doesn't matter. Thanks and sorry if this issue has been raised or answered before.

@ the bolded, did you grow up in Ibadan? Writing as you dey pronounce am grin

Seriously though, I don't think there's any issue with going with another bank. Then sending CIC the updated POF explaining as you have explained here. Also showing the statement where the money matured and was paid into your GTB. That's what I would do to sleep well at night.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
subzero007:
Please,what exactly does IQAS give as Canadian Equivalent SUmmary to Someone that has RN and RM from a Nigerian Nursing School and School of Midwifery. I need to know, to know exactly what we are expecting.

Thanks

Like I said I haven't seen anyone. The colleague whose advice I am sticking to, did assessment for RN and RPN (psych). So my hope is that RM is a longer programme if length is gonna be the issue. So u can as well wait till I have a concrete proof , that's if you dont wanna join my leap.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 5:15pm On Apr 02, 2018
vickyehi:

Click on my name and trace the best answer I gave for your question

Lol for real though.

You clearly wrote you're EXPECTING the evaluation, meaning you too are waiting to see. Sometimes I wonder if people do selective reading on here.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
Canadianfly:

Lol for real though.

You clearly wrote you're EXPECTING the evaluation, meaning you too are waiting to see. Sometimes I wonder if people do selective reading on here.
Lol.....i decided not to be too mean...

The bolded is called inattensional blindness and it's more common than given credit for. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by agates: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2018
Canadianfly:

@ the bolded, did you grow up in Ibadan? Writing as you dey pronounce am grin

Seriously though, I don't think there's any issue with going with another bank. Then sending CIC the updated POF explaining as you have explained here. Also showing the statement where the money matured and was paid into your GTB. That's what I would do to sleep well at night.

Aha aha aha my dear Ibadan it is oo. Lolll. Our H is always missing. Idea is "need jare. At least you understood. Thanks for the swift response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pettyperty(f): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
Wawu! People are really vexing o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
agates:

Aha aha aha my dear Ibadan it is oo. Lolll. Our H is always missing. Idea is "need jare. At least you understood. Thanks for the swift response.
I hope British Council will understand too oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by agates: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

I hope British Council will understand too oh.

They kinda did with 8888 at the first try. I guess it wasn't bad after all. Without the ibadan factor it might have been a 9 all through I suppose. smiley smiley. Any insight into the POF issue?

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 6:15pm On Apr 02, 2018
agates:

They kinda did with 8888 at the first try. I guess it wasn't bad after all. Without the ibadan factor it might have been a 9 all through I suppose. smiley smiley. Any insight into the POF issue?

Lol..I like your attitude.. Why don't you just play it safe and inject same POF into initial branch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pearl92: 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
SMH.. You are something else smiley it is well with you..
Canadianfly:

Yea same way y'all forgot to tell the truth about his age. tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
agates:

Congratulations! Follow already given suggestions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hi Mates, am creating an EE profile for my wife and need a clarification. Her PP is in her maiden name, will I use her maiden surname to apply or mine based on this question "Tell us your name(s) exactly as shown in your passport, travel document or national identity document."
PS: She's done a name change and has all relevant documents.

Thanks

Hakuna Matata
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
DadR:
Hi Mates, am creating an EE profile for my wife and need a clarification. Her PP is in her maiden name, will I use her maiden surname to apply or mine based on this question "Tell us your name(s) exactly as shown in your passport, travel document or national identity document."

Thanks

Hakuna Matata
Kai kai
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
DadR:

Thanks

Hakuna Matata

Why are you creating a profile for your wife? She's not literate or uninterested in relocating? Just wondering sha.

Please use the name on her passport. As instructed by the instructions you are being instructed by.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
agates:
Random POF question. So my 3 months fixed deposit as matured and GTB credited my account as opposed to rolling it over. Can I go back and refix the money in any other branch or it has to be the branch I did the initial one considering the fact that the letter given to me has the address of the branch and I am assuming if CIC wants to confirm they will confirm from the address on the letter or it doesn't matter. Thanks and sorry if this issue has been raised or answered before.

Any branch.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2018
Thank you and FYI, my wife is educated and interested in relocating. It would have been nice if you had answered the simple question rather than bothering yourself with the reason I'm creating a profile for her which I believe should be none of your business.

Hakuna Matata

Tojued:

Why are you creating a profile for your wife? She's not literate or uninterested in relocating? Just wondering sha.

Please use the name on her passport. As instructed by the instructions you are being instructed by.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by esosa4real(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
Tojued:

Na wah oh, am I missing something here? Where did he say his wife was illiterate and uninterested in relocating?
@DadR pls i am sorry on his behalf!! lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
Wow. Just came online to see more birthday wishes. Thanks everyone. You guys are making me feel quite special. Thanks, thanks and thanks again.
@mcstan18 I kept the waist for you grin
@Elle78 kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
Lady19034:
Dear Concerned Oga Boss,

Thanks
Whatever degree/certificate you evaluate has pretty much nothing to do with the work experience you intend to declare in your application. This means you could study microbiology and claim HR experience. You only need to meet the minimum criteria specified in the FSWP instructions. In your case, you should simply evaluate your Masters as it will give you the maximum point you'd need for your application. I'd say you shouldn't bother at all with evaluating the "Associate" certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
Newmum0615:
Wow. Just came online to see more birthday wishes. Thanks everyone. You guys are making me feel quite special. Thanks, thanks and thanks again
I'm just add one more. Happy belated birthday smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
Thanks Sis.

His/her sins are forgiven as Christ just died for our sins 3 days ago...

Hakuna Matata

esosa4real:

Na wah oh, am I missing something here? Where did he say his wife was illiterate and uninterested in relocating?
@DadR pls i am sorry on his behalf!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
jelmusboy:
And will mosque marriage certificate suffice?

I think you should be fine. At least one person here has used a marriage certificate from a mosque. Will try dig it up when I get on a PC.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cuteguy201: 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2018
Lobatan!
#ClapBackSeason
DadR:
Thank you and FYI, my wife is educated and interested in relocating. It would have been nice if you had answered the simple question rather than bothering yourself with the reason am creating a profile for her which I believe should be none of your business.

Hakuna Matata

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by skylar2020(f): 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2018
JandyJ:

Okay thanks ma. So my visa is sure if I can get 462

Lol.
Read from page 0 and you will understand the whole process. It's obvious you don't have an idea about how it works.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by skylar2020(f): 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

No be only.. Flight tickets too dey sure.

���
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by skylar2020(f): 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=Elfmannisback post=66365400]
No be only.. Flight tickets too dey sure. [/quo

Lmao
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hykin: 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Haba.... shocked shocked

Tojued:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Marc0110(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
For the individual on RN and RM Evaluations please note the following
1. Never never use WES for RN and RM evaluation (it is stated as not being comparable to Canadian study)

2.We used ICAS and it took 20weeks from the time all relevant credentials reached their office including verification by The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. The equivalency we got was as follows RN - 3 years college diploma, RM - 3 years college diploma
3. I don't have personal experience with IQAS, however people say they give same equivalency as ICAS does for the two certificates, however, people claim one get his ECA Report as fast as 10 weeks

Best wishes

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Tojued:

Side eye.... What are you on about? Just answer the question and leave your snide remarks. I created a profile for our family with hubby as the PA. Does that mean hubby is not educated?
lipsrsealed undecided

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
Lmao. This thread is hilarious. cheesy cheesy

DadR, Biko no vex. And that your clap back was epic. Lmao.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.