Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1302094 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2018
Pikipiki:
Doctors who have completed their ECA with MCC kindly help to clarify this; A friend forgot to Pay courier fee for delivery of his ECA to Nigeria. He wants to pay the $143 but don't know how to go about this. He got a mail few days ago informing him that his ECA will be ready in 14 days. My question is: Will his ECA be delivered through Standard Post since he didn't pay for courier delivery? If No, how can he pay for courier delivery?

God bless the person who informed us about HST refund from WES. I got $27.47 two days ago grin
Chineke me eh.. The thing don increase.. $27.47CA. I for leave my own longer.. POF don dey complete.
Looping Kontagious

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
DadR:
@mcstan18, @glitteringstar, @newmum0615

Recall we had a deliberation around using a year paid internship as a year work experience, it was actually for my spouse. Ontario's issuance of NOI to candidates with CRS as low as 351 in their last draw prompted me to create a profile for her to see if we could get an NOI because her paid internship was in an IT role. I've just created the profile but it returned ineligible and the simple reason was because the date she commenced her internship precedes the date her certificate was issued (date qualified to practise in that field).

Thanks for the feedback. I think this is different from the question you asked though.

For example, someone who did OND and HND program and did a year internship program after the OND. The person can claim points for the one year internship work experience. The date the person will choose (date qualified to practice) will definitely be the date on the OND certificate and not the date on the HND certificate. The internship requirement stuff is for CEC candidates (very sure). You can read more about it on Canadavisa forum.

Cc:Mcstan18

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
DadR:
Ok, so she enrolled for a year internship after completing a two-year full time National Diploma programme in Computer Science after which she got a full time job as a Customer Care Officer and enrolled for a part time B.Sc programme. She's got 5 years work experience as a CCO but this doesn't hold water under FSW EE shii cos it falls under NOC C.

The date she became qualified to practice will be the date written on her OND certificate and not BSc certificate since she did the internship after her OND program but before starting her BSc program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
Please has anybody had to go and collect their certificate from Unilag recently? What are the requirements?

Looping @all

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Thanks for the feedback. I think this is different from what you asked though.

For example, someone who did OND and HND program and did a year internship program after the OND. The person can claim points for the one year internship work experience. The date the person will choose (date qualified to practice) will definitely be the date on the OND certificate and not the date on the HND certificate. I dunno if you get my point. The internship requirement stuff is for CEC candidates (very sure). You can read more about it on Canadavisa forum.

Cc:Mcstan18
Yeah, its totally understandable. Since the paid intenship was after the OND and not the HND. Makes sense

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 11:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
I just had to add mine too. Happy belated birthday to you.

Newmum0615:
Wow. Just came online to see more birthday wishes. Thanks everyone. You guys are making me feel quite special. Thanks, thanks and thanks again.
@mcstan18 I kept the waist for you grin
@Elle78 kiss kiss kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 12:02am On Apr 03, 2018
bbaby84:
Please has anybody had to go and collect their certificate from Unilag recently? What are the requirements?

Looping @all

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by clock89: 12:18am On Apr 03, 2018
Hi guys, Weldone on the knowledge shared here.

I expect my WES ECA to be completed next week, my CRS will be 441. POF is the only issue I have not tackled completely. I will be getting a gift deed of about 60% from a direct family member.
Q. Does it matter if the gift comes before OR after getting an ITA i.e it would be more convenient to get the funds in May/June but trends suggest CRS scores should dip this month. I would not want to miss out on that because POF
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 12:25am On Apr 03, 2018
Its best the gift deed come from a family member as it raises no red flag.

clock89:

I expect my WES ECA to be completed next week, my CRS will be 441. POF is the only issue I have not tackled completely. I will be getting a gift deed of about 60% from a direct family member.
Q. Does it matter if the gift comes before OR after getting an ITA i.e it would be more convenient to get the funds in May/July but trends suggest CRS scores should dip this month. I would not want to miss out on that because POF
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by clock89: 12:28am On Apr 03, 2018
sunvick:

Its best the gift deed come from a family member as it raises no red flag.

Thanks for your response, Yes I will get the deed from my brother but does it matter if I get the gift after getting ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 12:31am On Apr 03, 2018
ohh no. Mine was after ITA self.

clock89:

Thanks for your response, Yes I will get the deed from my brother but does it matter if I get the gift after getting ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by clock89: 12:37am On Apr 03, 2018
sunvick:
ohh no. Mine was after ITA self.

Haha. Nice. That’s sorted then. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:48am On Apr 03, 2018
sunvick:

Don't worry I'm done with IELTS and COPR ready...
I can write as I like. So far you understood abi... yimu

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 12:54am On Apr 03, 2018
GlitteringStar:

The date she became qualified to practice will be the date written on her OND certificate and not BSc certificate since she did the internship after her OND program but before starting her BSc program.

Exactly. If she graduated october 2016, her internship should start reading by nov 2016. Mine started reading the following month but i did internship for 1yr 6month because the school was on strike. Can i claim that extra 6month with LOE. I need the years experience badly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 12:55am On Apr 03, 2018
clock89:

Q. Does it matter if the gift comes before OR after getting an ITA i.e it would be more convenient to get the funds in May/June but trends suggest CRS scores should dip this month. I would not want to miss out on that because POF

It doesn't matter when you get it as long as it can be prooved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Omodadi2: 1:23am On Apr 03, 2018
Omodadi2:
Good evening gurus, for someone who already evaluated her degree through Utoronto(took 17weeks) and now has seen the need to evaluate diploma result so as to get point for two or more certificate. How best should this be fixed? IQAS or WES ? Will there be need to re-evaluate both if using another body cos Utoronto is too slow or I can just do the diploma alone.

Abeg make una help me torchlite this matter, i dont want to make mistake again ejoor e dakun.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by NwabuezeCKA: 2:49am On Apr 03, 2018
Hello all, please I need info on how to include a dependent children in express entry application/profile.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 3trillion: 4:05am On Apr 03, 2018
i need your inputs guys....

i quickly skimmed part 1 of this thread

and read a portion that said 67 out of 100 is needed

for PPR.

please, i have assessed myself, there is no way i could exceed 60

let alone 67.......since i do not have study or work history in canada.

please tell me, how else do one boost or can boost this score to 67

with any links in canada previously....

thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 3trillion: 4:08am On Apr 03, 2018
without* any link.........
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 4:12am On Apr 03, 2018
I'll advise you to go read the IRCC website on Express Entry. The website explains it all.

3trillion:

i quickly skimmed part 1 of this thread

and read a portion that said 67 out of 100 is needed

for PPR.

please, i have assessed myself, there is no way i could exceed 60

let alone 67.......since i do not have study or work history in canada.

please tell me, how else do one boost or can boost this score to 67

with any links in canada previously....

thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by conyema12(m): 4:22am On Apr 03, 2018
Good day all,

Pls whats the best strategy for scaling through the IELTS, I have written it before with an average score in my speaking.
While the rest are ok. Pls any useful tip is welcomed.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 4:37am On Apr 03, 2018
Just google Do's and Don'ts for IELTS speaking.
It may be useful. It helped me a lot.

conyema12:
Good day all,

Pls whats the best strategy for scaling through the IELTS, I have written it before with an average score in my speaking.
While the rest are ok. Pls any useful tip is welcomed.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 4:51am On Apr 03, 2018
conyema12:
Good day all,

While the rest are ok. Pls any useful tip is welcomed. CB

Thanks
The best strategy you need is practice, practice and more practice. Since speaking is your weakness, you need to develop short sentence response formats, practice with them and arm yourself with these before your exam day. These formats should be valid for responding to any question. For instance, "While I'm not....., I do appreciate...." is a sentence format you can employ when talking about hobbies, preferences, tasks, etc. "While I'm not the active type, I do appreciate talking a walk every other day as a form of exercise", for example. "Though I...., I prefer...." is another of such sentence format. "Though I am not the active type, I prefer taking a walk every other day as a form of exercise". There are a ton of such pre-built formats all over the net and you should help yourself to some.

It also helps to familiarise yourself with basic vocabularies on houses, food, hobbies, family, school, work. Questions from the first part don't fall far from these items, and getting yourself set for part 1 could be the driver you need to blaze through the whole session.

Strange as it may sound, perhaps the greatest tool you have during the IELTS speaking is lying. Lie freely and unsparingly. Build as many fancy castles as you can easily follow up on as long as it allows you to be moderately consistent. But you have to practice with this in order to do it well on the exam day.

Good luck.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 5:15am On Apr 03, 2018
cochtrane:
...Strange as it may sound, perhaps the greatest tool you have during the IELTS speaking is lying. Lie freely and unsparingly. Build as many fancy castles as you can easily follow up on as long as it allows you to be moderately consistent. But you have to practice with this in order to do it well on the exam day.

Good luck.

This point is really key to acing an IELTS speaking test albeit one must've practiced or perfected the art of free-flow speaking. Do not stutter! It piles the pressure on you. Yes, the information you give doesn't necessarily have to make perfect sense as IELTS NEVER tests veracity of any such information. So I get flummoxed when people say they could only speak for 30seconds because the subject of discourse was alien to them. Just speak on fellow, but don't talk gibberish!

I quipped sometime ago that if rapture had happened after my speaking test, I knew I was going nowhere near the sky. Thank God I had another chance to amend. It can happen now, no worries cheesy

cc: conyema12

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 5:18am On Apr 03, 2018
Yea, I used the date written on her OND certificate but it didn't fly because she started her internship before that date. We will just focus on me being the PA. IELTS will surely give way. Thanks.

Hakuna Matata

GlitteringStar:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 5:45am On Apr 03, 2018
Omodadi2:
Abeg make una help me torchlite this matter, i dont want to make mistake again ejoor e dakun.

I think you should use one ECA report from an (IRCC designated) assessing body. It won't even cost you extra to assess both with, say WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 03, 2018
DadR:
Yea, I used the date written on her OND certificate but it didn't fly because she started her internship before that date. We will just focus on me being the PA. IELTS will surely give way. Thanks.

Hakuna Matata

But expecting an increase in Listening though..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 03, 2018
DadR:

Okay. The date written on the certificate must be before the start of the internship period. That means the ineligibility issue is from that and not because of the study/work stuff. Just trying to look into the issue because of some other people.

The study/work blah blah blah requirement is for CEC candidates and not for FSW candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:07am On Apr 03, 2018
3trillion:
I quickly skimmed part 1 of this thread and read a portion that said 67 out of 100 is needed for PPR. Please, i have assessed myself, there is no way i could exceed 60 let alone 67.......since i do not have study or work history in Canada. Please tell me, how else do one boost or can boost this score to 67 with any links in canada previously. Thank you

You neither have to have studied nor have a work history in Canada to be eligible. Most of us here don't. You can check your eligibility HERE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Chaerin: 6:38am On Apr 03, 2018
Hello, house!
Please, I need your input on the POF issue. I will be receiving money from a family member for my POF and I intend to deposit the funds into a fixed deposit account, attaching the certificate as well as a notarized gift deed for my application. My question is how long do I have to fix the funds for? will 3 months be okay, bearing in mind that this is my only POF, or should I go for 6 months? Thank you very much!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 03, 2018
QSola:

Exactly. If she graduated october 2016, her internship should start reading by nov 2016. Mine started reading the following month but i did internship for 1yr 6month because the school was on strike. Can i claim that extra 6month with LOE. I need the years experience badly.

Of course you can. CIC didn't specify that the internship period must be one year. I believe you don't even need LOE. Were you paid? Is the work experience under NOC A, B or 0 and also within the last 10 years? If yes, then you can claim points for the work experience.

Remember that the date written on your certificate (date you became qualified to practice) must be before the start of the internship period.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by boldbabe: 6:43am On Apr 03, 2018
sleekchic:

Sure you can

Have PMed you and yet to get your response. Please check your email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.