Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1307737 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
Wait.... Your friend who lives in Surulere, Lagos cannot give you a proper direction on how to get to Ogudu?
Na wa ooo....

coolangel54:
Please, I need direction on how to come to Lagos fir IELTS with IDP at Ogudu. My friend lives in Surulere while I am coming from Warri cos of the exam. Can anyone put me through on how to get to the venue from Surulere?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
smslive2:
Wait.... Your friend who lives in Surulere, Lagos cannot give you a proper direction on how to get to Ogudu?
Na wa ooo....

Bwahahahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
smslive2:
Na wa ooo....

lol.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
coolangel154.....why na?

coolangel54:
Please, I need direction on how to come to Lagos fir IELTS with IDP at Ogudu. My friend lives in Surulere while I am coming from Warri cos of the exam. Can anyone put me through on how to get to the venue from Surulere?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ebenosky: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hello guys, I want to confirm that this site: https://My.ieltsessentials.com is the link to register for the ielts with MOD IDP.

Emmasonic4me:

I concur. The same way newbies here would have had the right to ask ANY questions no matter how simple or repeated if someone was paid too. There wouldn't have been any need to constantly refer them to the dreaded page 0. grin grin

A healthy competition from MOD IDP will make BC sit up soonest.... Just watch out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
https://ielts.ng/take-ielts/ielts-test-dates/

Ebenosky:
Hello guys, I want to confirm that this site: https://My.ieltsessentials.com is the link to register for the ielts with MOD IDP.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dane15: 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
Today is LOE Clinic on POF.

For those preparing POF kindly see a sample for your guidance.

Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,
LETTER OF EXPLANATION: PROOF OF FUNDS
I am writing this letter to explain how my proof of funds has been aggregated.
1. The balance in my mutual funds investment as at xxth of March xxxx was NGN4, 295,869.59. This fund is made of my wife’s contribution of NGN2, 850,000.00, my contribution of NGN1, 350,000.00 (from my January Salary) and the interest on the investment of NGN95, 869.59.

The letter of declaration of financial support which has been signed by my wife Countess (formerly Duchess), the evidence of transfer with details highlighted and the relevant Bank statements for the transactions can be seen on the subsequent pages of this document.
The next page shows the letter from the Financial Institution stating the Canadian dollar equivalent of the balance as CAD17, 476.38.

2. The balance in my Pension account as at xrd April xxxx – N3, 607, 654.42.
25% of this amount which is N901,913.61 will be accessible to me within 4 months of resignation.
I will have to resign my employment for the purpose of relocating to Canada to take up Permanent Residency.
Part III, Section 7 – (2) of the Pension Reform Act 2014 corroborates this fact. Please refer to the attached reference letter from IBTC Pension Managers to confirm this fact; and the link below to access the Pension Reform Act 2014.
http://www.pencom.gov.ng/download/Pension%20Laws/Pension%20Reform%20Act%202014.pdf
Since the Central Bank of Nigeria’s website does not list the NGN to the CAD exchange rate, we can alternatively convert this balance to its Canadian dollar equivalent, by first converting to the American Dollar first.
I have used the rate from the Central Bank of Nigeria’s website link below:
https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/ExchRateByCurrency.asp?CurrencyType=$USD which is NGN305.1 per 1US$ to convert the balance to US Dollar first. This will give: NGN901,913.61/305.10= US$2,956.13.
The next step I have taken is to convert the US $ to CAD. We will use the exchange rate from the link below:
http://xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=CAD
Which converts US$1=CAD1.276. We can then convert our Pension balance from US$2,956.13 to CAD3, 722.18.

The total proof of funds from the analysis above is: CAD17, 476.38+ CAD3, 722.18=CAD21, 198.56.

Please find below here the details of additional information attached to this letter for easy tracking.
1. Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds Investment Confirmation Letter
2. Stanbic IBTC Pension Confirmation Letter
3. Letter of Declaration of financial support from my spouse.
4. Evidence of funds transfer from my wife to my Account
5. Evidence of Investment Proof (Transaction evidence)
6. GTBank-6 months statement
7. Access Bank (Salary Account)-6 months Statement.
8. Stanbic IBTC Pension-6 Months Statement
The attachments have been labeled in the same way as they are on this letter to assist you in reviewing them.
Thanks for your time,
Warm regards,
dane15

71 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wholesomegrace: 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
coolangel54:

I believe you can get Ojota bus at Surulere. From there, connect to Ogudu. Your destination should just be a cab or a bike away from Ojota

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jolao: 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
Drop the address you have, their office at ogudu might not be the exam venue.
coolangel54:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Success2Success: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hello house,

Pls I have two questions I need help with:

- As regards relatives, can an uncle who is a Canadian citizen be used to claim more points...would the points be for EE eligibility or CRS score?

- If I evaluate Bsc alone and afterwards evaluate a PGD certificate with WES, will it still count as one or more certificate on CRS or I must evaluate them simultaneously to claim more points?

I await your response pls. God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sholemania: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2018
Threemg:

So sorry bro, I understand how you feel. The truth is FPI is one of the "reliable & time-conscious" school when it comes to WES matter. I had mine verified almost immediately (they got the mail on Friday and Verification was done on Monday). Mind you, this was possible through the help of an insider who did a follow up from the day I applied till the time of verification. I'll simply advise you to get an insider to help you do a follow up, I hope u know you have to pay 24K+ for the verification of the two. All the best brother.

Bro.

Thanks for this insight oo...
I actually got an insider as advised and behold! WES mail has been lying fallow in their mail-trail since 21st of March.
Just waiting for WES to update my profile.

Thank God I did not keep quite, I would have waited for 7 good weeks

Thanks I appreciate.

I really appreciate this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wholesomegrace: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ebenosky:

Have you registered with the link... ieltsessentials? Please look well o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chibyno4eva(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
Uzoreen:
You can register for IELTS either with British Council or IDP. You get registered on their websites.

Good luck!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
lol @ the bolded

Newmum0615:
I think you are stressing yourself over something that is unnecessary. I recall that someone replied you and said that you should evaluate only your MSc to save yourself time and stress. I also remember you were assured that you can use any work experience that falls within the last 10 years and that it doesn't need to either correlate with your field of study or even be after the Masters.

Stop worrying about these things. Believe me, you will see other more important things to worry about in this Canada journey. Save yourself the strength for that.

PS: Pay your friend no mind. He/She doesn't know what this Canada EE/FSW program entails, otherwise you won't be getting that kinda advise.

Before I forget, kindly navigate to page zero of this thread. You seem like a good candidate for that. wink Read up!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chibyno4eva(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
wholesomegrace:

Have you registered with the link... ieltsessentials? Please look well o
I just registered through them now and have made payments
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dane15: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Still on POF Clinic. How to write a Letter of declaration of support.

Central Intake Office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Nova Scotia
Canada
Dear Sir/Madam,

LETTER OF DECLARATION OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR FAMILY IMMIGRATION

This is to inform you that my husband dane15 received an invitation to apply for permanent residence to Canada. I am the accompanying spouse.

I transferred part of the funds for settlement into his GTBank Account as stated below:
1. NGN 855,000.00 on the xxth of January 20xx. The motive was for him to invest NGN850, 000.00 into his Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds Investment.

2. NGN 685,000.00 for him to make other preparations for the family relating to our immigration. This money is not to form part of our Proof of funds and was transferred on the xxth of February 20xx.

3. NGN 2,350,000.00 on the xth of February 20xx for him to for him to invest NGN2,000,000.00 into Stanbic IBTC Mutual Funds Investment while the rest will be used towards other preparation for relocation to Canada.

This brings my total contribution to the Stanbic Mutual Funds to NGN2, 850,000.00.
This financial support is an irrevocable gift and I have no claim left whatsoever on the said amount and he has total control over the funds.

With kind regards,

Countess
(Formerly Duchess)

30 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dane15: 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
Watch out for more clinic sessions....... grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
RE: At the bolded below
It doesnt matter how you evaluate your credentials. You will only claim Two or more certificate if one of the certificates is three or more years. Why would you want to evaluate it separately when its the same amount to evaluate the certificates at the same time?

WES would charge you $100 to upgrade an existing report

Success2Success:
Hello house,

- As regards relatives, can an uncle who is a Canadian citizen be used to claim more points...would the points be for EE eligibility or CRS score?

- If I evaluate Bsc alone and afterwards evaluate a PGD certificate with WES, will it still count as one or more certificate on CRS or I must evaluate them simultaneously to claim more points?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stargiirl: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
For your first question, see below:

'Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?
Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:

18 years old or older
related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:

blood (biological)
adoption
marriage (step-brother or step-sister)' taken from the CRS calculator. I don't think you can claim points from your uncle.

for your second question, (i stand to be corrected) yes it will count as more than one certificate. Simultaneous evaluation isn't compulsory.

Success2Success:
Hello house,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
Success2Success:
Hello house,

EE eligibility
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stargiirl: 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
silent reader here.

I have been reading. and reading. and reading. smiley I'm armed with sufficient information i believe grin grin Ielts scheduled for April 21st with MOD. Hoping it'll be my first and last. Don't have money for another one oh! lmao

Thank you all for your contributions. the EE process has been made significantly easier for people like me lol.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
ysteph:
coolangel154.....why na?

She said she would ask her sister and I am a little bit skeptical already. I want to register tomorrow but needs to be sure that she knows what she is doing before I enter one chance for Lagos. I came to Lagos for the first and last time in 2009.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Success2Success: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
Tojued:

EE eligibility

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
stargiirl:
silent reader here.

I have been reading. and reading. and reading. smiley I'm armed with sufficient information i believe grin grin Ielts scheduled for April 21st with MOD. Hoping it'll be my first and last. Don't have money for another one oh! lmao

Thank you all for your contributions. the EE process has been made significantly easier for people like me lol.

Thanks for acknowledging support received. I'm sure there are at least 1 million silent readers refreshing this thread every 1 minute.. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Success2Success: 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Tojued:

EE eligibility

Thank u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
stargiirl:
silent reader here.

All the best, give us feedback
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
In that case, Ogudu is not difficult to locate.
However, when you're certain of the exam centre, come back here, you'll definitely get directions.
I think the ogudu address is their office and not the exam centre.

coolangel54:

She said she would ask her sister and I am a little bit skeptical already. I want to register tomorrow but needs to be sure that she knows what she is doing before I enter one chance for Lagos. I came to Lagos for the first and last time in 2009.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pamperme: 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
sholemania:

Thanks Brova, I appreciate.

I submitted the 24k receipt like 4 days after I got mail from WES that they are awaiting verification from my institution. I will just get an insider as advised.

Thank you

Any headway, i know the guy in charge of verification, we were in school together. i can give you his details if you are still stuck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jolao: 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
I think you should chill, the examination center address will be sent to you which is most likely not Ogudu.
chibyno4eva:

I just registered through them now and have made payments
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Wish you best of luck sis
stargiirl:
silent reader here.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Nice one. Thanks. However, if I am a visa officer, this write-up would be kinda overwhelming for me to read. I'd rather look through info presented in tables than a lot of sentences muddled up together. Maybe, it is the data analyst in me that's expressing these thoughts though.

But thanks again.

dane15:
Today is LOE Clinic on POF.

For those preparing POF kindly see a sample for your guidance.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
Newmum0615:
Nice one. Thanks. However, if I am a visa officer, this write-up would be kinda overwhelming for me to read. I'd rather look through info presented in tables than a lot of sentences muddled up together. Maybe, it is the data analyst in me that's expressing these thoughts though.

But thanks again.

I concur...IT's not easy to follow

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.