Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) (26384 Views)

Nigerian Lady With Big Backside Teaching Students, Gets Mixed Reactions / 8 Words You’d Find In Both The Igbo And Yoruba Languages, But Different Meaning / South African Students Do "Birth Pose". Photos Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by dre11(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2017

Miss Debby Oluwatimilehin Akinsola, a 25- year - old Nigerian student , has revealed the secret behind her speaking of 11 official South Africa languages.

Akinsola, who was born in Ibadan , Oyo State , told the News Agency of Nigeria in Pretoria , South Africa , on Sunday that her family ’ s relocation to different southern African countries necessitated her learning of the different languages .

She listed the languages as isiZulu , Setswana, Ndebele , Isixhosa , Sesotho, Tsonga /Xangani , Afrikaans , English , Sepedi, Venda, and Swati.

“ At the age of four in 2002 , my parents moved to Botswana . There, we stayed in locations , known locally as “ Metsimotlhabe” in Gaborone , the capital of Botswana .

“ We were the only Nigerians there and most locals could not speak English . We used hand gestures to interact and communicate . As a child then , I started speaking Setswana , the Botswana language, ” she said .

She noted that things turned around faster , following their relocation to South Africa in 2010.

“ I had just finished secondary school then . My family stayed in Soweto and the popular language was Zulu .

“ In the shops , barbers shop , market , churches and taxi drivers , everybody spoke the Zulu language .

“ As I started school there , it took me one year and a few months to learn and speak the 11 languages in South Africa .

“ I can also speak and write the Yoruba language fluently , ” she said .

Akinsola later read business management at the University of Pretoria and presently , she is studying professional diploma at the Chartered Institute of Secretaries .

According to her , her fluency in the languages earned her the role of an interpreter at her local church.

“ In our local church in Pretoria , Apostolic Faith Church , I am the interpreter of the General Overseer .

“ The GO speaks Zulu and any local language and I interpret in English to the congregation, ” she said .

Akinsola said she and her elder brother, Samuel , a computer expert , are the only children of their parents.

On her future , Akinsola said she would like to marry a Nigerian to continue with her language and culture .

“ The last time I visited Ibadan was in 2008. My parents are now missionaries based in South Africa . I will like to marry a Nigerian . I want my children to know my language and culture .

“ My dream is to become a board member in a firm after getting my professional certificate , ” she said . (NAN )

http://punchng.com/nigerian-lady-speaks-11-south-african-languages/

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by IamPatriotic(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Your dexterity has certainly made ways for you, omoluabi.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by whitebeard(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Good for her, lemme continue from where I stopped

24 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by cashlurd(m): 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
For some of us who know only our native language, we applaud u

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Nonnyflex(m): 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
Only 11 and she's making noise.. My pastor can speak 25 languages... When he's speaking in tongue

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by emeijeh(m): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
I hope she can speak in tongues too.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by konkonbilo(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
shocked
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by johncallidon(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
seen. next!!
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by arizonababa: 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Okay
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by AishaBuhari: 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Arsen Wenger should make her an Assistant Coach with Arsenal smiley

BTW, Arsen Wenger speaks six different languages!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by IHATEPUZZY(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
angry
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by GreenNegro(m): 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
Wonderful shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by lailo: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
someone wu speaks just these 3 languages-English,French and Chinese is more relevant than her.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by gozzlin: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
Wife material. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Mopolchi: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
Okay...does it change the price of one cup of garri ijebu in the market?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
Also a developer
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by DaddyKross: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
Even me I can speak 20 languages but i speak French and Spanish better.

French: Come on Server bien. Messi
Spanish: Holla holla como stout

cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Pidginwhisper: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
cashlurd:
For some of us who know only our native language, we applause u
dem go dot your life
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
She should enter any bank and withdraw money with her language na undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Dutchey(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
issorite
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Sleezwizz: 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
This is cool...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Pidginwhisper: 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
lailo:
q
dem go Q your life
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Sezzybb(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
And What is her gain! grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Pidginwhisper: 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
ishowdotgmail:
K
Dem go K your life grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by inoki247: 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
Can she rap like aka, Casper and nasty c. If she can't na 2 go learn that join cause she just started.
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Pidginwhisper: 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
Nonnyflex:
V
Dem go V your life grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Dem go K your life grin

Mu(X2)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by DjAndroid: 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
Good one.

I speak yoruba fluently. I didn't go to yoruba land to learn it.

I learnt it in Enugu from my yoruba friends and Igbo guys that speak yoruba too. I can even write it.

Believe it or not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Kowor(f): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
The languages I speak. Pidgin, brokin,brokin English, vanacula. Etc. tongue

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Pidginwhisper: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
ishowdotgmail:

Mu(X2)
Wa(X2)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Flexherbal(m): 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Wow!

That is good!
Re: Nigerian Lady Speaks 11 South African Languages (photo) by Ugoeze2016: 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
Good for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accounting Degree Vs Accounting Education Degree / AAUA Student Writes Emotional Letter As He Drop Out Over High Fee / UNILAG Hostel Balloting Begins Tommorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.