Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues (2987 Views)

Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches - Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues. / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by hubreality(m): 8:17am On Mar 29, 2010
The Great Importance of Speaking in Tongues: I'm always excited about this truth of God's Word who is Spirit and Life. I don't expect it not to be mocked in our days; because from the ages of initial manifestation of the Holy Spirit among few believers, people who never believed nor understood the move of God's Spirit did the same - Religion is 100% out of this great tool and gift of His Spirit. No Rooms for debates! Believing is a choice, it's real only to them that believe.

Following the title of this thread, I understood why Paul said to his followers that he speaks in tongue more than all of them. 1 Corinthians 14:18 Wow! Amazing! There's great and mighty power associated with your consciously acknowledging His presence in your life as a believer in Christ, let him well up of you to speak in tongues. He will teach you all things, manifest his glory and power in you. This is also a guarded secret of many succesful and Spirit filled God's generals right from the days of Faith and His Word unto eternity.

The Great Importance:

Mark 16:17-18. Says: "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues."

Acts 2:4-5 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

"Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue, speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries" (1 Cor. 14:1, 2)."

You are a swift change agent using this spiritual gift of God 24/7.

Hallelujah!!!
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 29, 2010
hubreality:

The Great Importance of Speaking in Tongues: I'm always excited about this truth of God's Word who is Spirit and Life. I don't expect it not to be mocked in our days; because from the ages of initial manifestation of the Holy Spirit among few believers people who never believed nor understood the move of God's Spirit did the same - Religion is 100% out of this great tool and gift of His Spirit. No Rooms for debates! Believing is a choice, it's real only to them that believe.

Following the title of this thread, I understood why Paul said to his followers that he speaks in tongue more than all of them. 1 Corinthians 14:18 Wow! Amazing! There's great and mighty power associated with your consciously acknowledging His presence in your life as a believer in Christ, let him well up of you to speak in tongues. He will teach you all things, manifest his glory and power in you. This is also a guarded secret of many succesful and Spirit filled God's generals right from the days of Faith and His Word unto eternity.

The Great Importance:

Mark 16:17-18. Says: "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues."

Acts 2:4-5 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

"Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue, speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries" (1 Cor. 14:1, 2)."

You are a swift change agent using this spiritual gift of God 24/7.

Hallelujah!!!

story
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by hubreality(m): 8:35am On Mar 29, 2010
Activating Your Spirit:

Watch this classic video about activating your spirit by Pastor Chris

Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:46am On Mar 29, 2010
[size=13pt]Chant the blasphemy Mockery of the Messiah. . . . . WE CURSE THE HOLY GHOST . . .Blaspheme the Ghost
BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY GHOST!!

Glory to thee almighty Satan . . .We praise thee, we bless thee, WE ADORE THEE . . .THOU ART LORD, THOU ALONE, OH MIGHTY SATAN, . . . . smiley
[/size]
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by hubreality(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Chant the blasphemy Mockery of the Messiah. . . . . WE CURSE THE HOLY GHOST . . .Blaspheme the Ghost
BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY GHOST!!

Glory to thee almighty Satan . . .We praise thee, we bless thee, WE ADORE THEE . . .THOU ART LORD, THOU ALONE, OH MIGHTY SATAN,  . . . .  smiley
[/size]

We don hear! It's funny seeing people spend more time on things they consider useless and worthless to them.

I cannot debate with anyone here on this subject, you are free say or write whatever you like. Just stay by the rules of this esteemed forum. I will never respond to you or anyone in that manners. I'm dead to Religion and it's antics on people from birth. This is beyond the comprehension of self, religion and science.
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:17am On Mar 29, 2010
I posted on this same issue some days back and i am hell-bent on making sure Christian-Deception is stamped out of society.

What you have said (all of it) is Truth-Embellished angry and because truth needs no make-up or accessories. I shall make the post here once more.

Stop spreading scriptural deception because anything worse than a sinner is a lying christian.

Mr Fisay, this facet of Christian Doctrine is one area i had planned to face squarely in the half of 2010 but since you brought it up, here goes

Speaking in tongues is a New Testament affair where a person speaks in a language that is unknown to him. This language is either the language of angels or other earthly languages (1 Cor. 13:1). It occurred in Acts 2 at Pentecost and also in the Corinthian church as is described in 1 Corinthians 14. This New Testament gift was given by the Holy Spirit to the Christian church and is for the purpose of the edification (teaching or building to maturity)of the Body of Christ as well as for glorifying the Lord.

There are 3 generally recognized types of tongue-speak
1: A personal prayer language that is not interpreted as noted in Romans 8:26 (Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.)
2: A language that is interpreted as this defines proper usage in the Christian congregation as Pastor Paul admonishes in the Book of Corinthians ("If you in a tongue utter speech that is not intelligible, how will any one know what is said? For you will be speaking into the air, But if I do not know the meaning of the languages, I shall be a foreigner to the speaker and the speaker a foreigner to me")
3: Evidence in some sort of missionary context i.e, a sign of deep connection with the Holy spirit (Holy Spirit Baptism) such that one edifies himself by speaking in tongues (Now this is a modern twist on the spiritual school of linguistics)

Now I sense your concern is whether there is a valid reasoning or logic or even scriptural truth to this phenomena in "Modern-day Christianity"

Let us take a look at the first tongue-speak incident at the Day of Pentecost (often ascribed to a Christian group called the Pentecostals or Evangelicals in today's scheme of things). The Apostles spoke in a strange language (Strange at first) until people recognized the language was from different nations and races, Today there is much debate as to the validity of speaking in tongues, especially since there is so much misuse of it in Christian circles. Some Christian churches teach that all the charismatic gifts (speaking in tongues, word of knowledge, prophecy, etc.) have ceased with the completion of the New Testament (1 Cor. 13:8-12). Others maintain that the charismatic gifts are still for the church today (1 Cor. 1:7).

I believe you can be in some deep state of psychosomatic consciousness that you cannot speak but simply mumble words due to the sheer weight or burden of your situation. You can also be at a high-level of spiritual ascendancy that the sheer shock of knowledge of this will put you in a state of vocal catalepsy such that your words will appear seemingly incoherent to an observer (unless of course he is in the same catatonic state as you).

But let us leave that to the theologians and psychiatrists to worry about. What is of concern here is that some churches wrongly maintain that you must speak in tongues in order to be saved. This is a grave mistake since not all people speak in tongues because not all people are gifted by the Holy Spirit this way.

1 Cor. 12:7-11,28-31, "But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills, And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues. "

So my dear Fisay, it is not a must that you must speak in tongues nor is it s pre-requisite to getting saved. When you see professional tongue-speakers getting down to the underground sound. You can rest assured that you have not been gifted the gift of spiritual speech grin nor interpretation as it seems sad

And you can be Baptized of the Holy Spirit and not utter a word in twaddling but you are fully anointed to go and do God's work grin

In closing Christians must pay strong heed to the words of the Lord's favorite apostle (Pastor Paul) in 1 Cor. 13:1-2,13

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing, But now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Peace in the Middle-East
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:18am On Mar 29, 2010
Speaking in tongues is important but not necessary
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by hubreality(m): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2010
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believed on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father" John 14:12.

"For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith" Mark 11:23-24.
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by karo93: 10:36am On Mar 29, 2010
Speaking i tongues only gives the speaker the feeling of being filled with the holy spirit and thus building him/her spiritually.

It thus builds the person's faith and belief in the power and presence of God.NOTHING MORE

except for those who can prophesy and heal others in tongues
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by hubreality(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2010
karo93:

Speaking i tongues only gives the speaker the feeling of being filled with the holy spirit and thus building him/her spiritually.

It thus builds the person's faith and belief in the power and presence of God.NOTHING MORE

except for those who can prophesy and heal others in tongues

Great! It still go beyond all of the above. Congratulations you know this far. You're welcome!
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
speaking in tongues go far far that i do.don't tink it can be written on this forum
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:16am On Mar 30, 2010
[size=13pt]Ro po po po po po po. . . .santakoria! . mmm. . . I've just spoke in tongue . maybe some can do better than me. cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2010
shan ta ri ba ba sokis bo bo sh it opo kro rob bo bo bo bo rob bo bo bo bo rob bo bo bo bo ski puff puff riki shint a bif bif bif bif bif no no no no apkti ro bo bo bo bo bo bo bo rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri pi pi pi pi ro ro bo bo bo bo bo bo bob bb gbosa! grin

An di can translate too wink
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by hubreality(m): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2010
Do you know the Holy Spirit? Watch this classic video titled "Who is the Holy Spirit?" This video message is packed with great revelations of the personality of the Holy Spirit.

Who is the Holy Spirit?

Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2010
[size=13pt]You tried friend. . .but i can do better . grin grin cheesy cheesy-- now look at my next speaking in tongues.

Bo sango-- I rere Obonti! Arumba- satimba! Kra kra kra kra songo! , ahinna rapadooooo. . . . Samba sabo ri . . . Jakandureba zo Zo Zo . . . . Bazonka Bazonka!!! cheesy cheesy wink

Someone should translate this. . . . grin
[/size]
lagerwhenindoubt:

shan ta ri ba ba sokis bo bo sh it opo kro rob bo bo bo bo rob bo bo bo bo rob bo bo bo bo ski puff puff riki shint a bif bif bif bif bif no no no no apkti ro bo bo bo bo bo bo bo rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri rikap ri pi pi pi pi ro ro bo bo bo bo bo bo bob bb gbosa! grin

An di can translate too wink
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by hubreality(m): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]You tried friend. . .but i can do better . grin grin cheesy cheesy-- now look at my next speaking in tongues.

Bo sango-- I rere Obonti! Arumba- satimba! Kra kra kra kra songo! , ahinna rapadooooo. . . . Samba sabo ri . . . Jakandureba zo Zo Zo . . . . Bazonka Bazonka!!! cheesy cheesy wink

Someone should translate this. . . . grin
[/size]

What are you doing here?
Re: The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
[size=13pt]Im speaking in tongues. . . wink[/size]
hubreality:

What are you doing here?

(1) (Reply)

Parents, Buying Toys For Children Will Demonise Them. Toys Are Demonic / Why Did God Create Germs And Viruses? Christians ,I need Your Answers / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Masturbate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.