Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

"How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (39656 Views)

The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well / After 14 Days Of Marriage, Nigerian Man Shares His Experience / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by kinzmen: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2017
so for three years now u never do that thing?
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by mofedamijo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
rose54321:
This one is strong oh.
Some guys sef why not come plain and tell her you ain't interested, instead of running off and leaving her worried and confused.

Hell go full eh
So that she will stab him,my brother if i want to breakup now,lets say am in Johannesburg,i will take a flight to mauritius n call her from there,babe its over........shikena,the way this ladies stab now ehnnnnn,dem sabi pass mai suya ooo

2 Likes

Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by omooba969(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
rose54321:
This one is strong oh.
Some guys sef why not come plain and tell her you ain't interested, instead of running off and leaving her worried and confused.

Hell go full eh

Is it that easy to sit a woman down and break the bad news? As helpful as it may seem, most guys are not as callous as you girls who break the bad news with ease.

I have heard of girls who got the bad news & immediately lost the plot.

As much as we would like to, it's not easy to do unless you don't give a bubble about the girl & that's even not cool coz she's human too. I think it requires wisdom to do such. cool
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by Yameater(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
SO lawyers in the house can the be jailed or made to pay compensation?
I mean what happens in ths kind of case?
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by omooba969(m): 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2017
doyouknowjohnny:
Only shameless cowards act like this.. A true disgrace to real men out there if what I just read is true.

Perhaps the man knows his wife's level of temperament therefore decided to disappear without notice.

That's wisdom! grin
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by omooba969(m): 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yameater:

It's not a criminal offence.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by Yameater(m): 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
omooba969:

It's not a criminal offence.

oic...Thank you but what about if it's the man who is filing for a divorce after 6 years of desertion?
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by slowbreeze(f): 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
This looks like she used "jazz-aid" to get married..The man eyes don clear now;& he doesn't wanna av anytin to do with d lady/marriage..#sad
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by freshvine(f): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yameater:

nothing. actually 2 years is permited before filing for divorce. could've been dicey if kids were involved.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by Yameater(m): 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2017
freshvine:

nothing. actually 2 years is permited before filing for divorce. could've been dicey if kids were involved.

OIC...Thank you. I actually thought desertion is a crime. no kids aren't involved at all.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by omooba969(m): 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yameater:

oic...Thank you but what about if it's the man who is filing for a divorce after 6 years of desertion?

The man & woman enjoy the same grounds on which divorce can be granted & I think one can file for a divorce after 2yrs of desertion. Not too sure coz I don't know what's obtainable in 9ja.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by Yameater(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
omooba969:

The man & woman enjoy the same grounds on which divorce can be granted & I think one can file for a divorce after 2yrs of desertion. Not too sure coz I don't know what's obtainable in 9ja.

OK. Thank you once again.

Please someone else should please shed light on this
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by omooba969(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
freshvine:

Nothing is dicey, need I say as per the kids coz the court will rather put the kids' best interest into consideration.

Most probably the wife will retain custody of the kids(if she's fit) while she & respondent work out the contact arrangement including child support.

Straight forward.

The case can be prolonged if the respondent decides to contest the statement of case.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by donnaD(f): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2017
ok.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by freshvine(f): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
omooba969:

Nothing is dicey, need I say as per the kids coz the court will rather put the kids' best interest into consideration.

Most probably the wife will retain custody of the kids(if she's fit) while she & respondent work out the contact arrangement including child support.

Straight forward.

The case can be prolonged if the respondent decides to contest the statement of case.

all this back and forth you explain, is it not the complicated part when kids are involved i term dicey?

refresh a comprehension course plz.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by omooba969(m): 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2017
freshvine:

all this back and forth you explain, is it not the complicated part when kids are involved i term dicey?

refresh a comprehension course plz.

Maybe you need to refresh yourself on the meaning of the bolded text above coz there's nothing complicated here.

There are Legal methods & procedures therefore some cases especially under family law are straightforward because there are legal provisions & guidelines to follow.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by omooba969(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2017
donnaD:
ok.

Have you got any submissions?
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by princejenks(m): 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
Yourr:
He left you since June 2014 and you are stating your case after 3 years, I believe we need to hear more from the husband side.
if you married in court,you need to wait at least 2 years I think before you can sue for abandonment prior to getting divorced
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by francizy(m): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
NextGovernor:
Some women can be wahala sha. I had a girlfriend recently that almost made my life misreable. Anytime she come over I will never have rest. I talk to girl on the road problem, I greet my flat neighbour sister or daughters problem, I make calls to female problem, long conversation to male friends she will just be angry say I just kept her and calling since. I dont come back from work ontime peoblem, I say I am tired anytime she wanna bring conversation problem.

My broda/sista I ranaway before I die b4 my time. She curse the hell out of me over the fone just becos say I say make we give break. Some girls can be so problematic.

I can relate to this and me I fear problematic girls pass anything eh..

My ex, I call her by 11am or 12pm, she complains that her ex's wakes her up first thing in the morning with calls. I call some other day and she begins to complain that I'm disturbing her work, that I shouldn't have called since she told me she was gonna be busy for the day. I don't call at all and she still complains. The girl I'm talking of barely even calls me these periods oh.

I will be in a good mood for the day and once I call her, mood swings immediately. She eventually became my bad mood.

There was even a day I wanted to travel a far distance to go visit her, we already discussed and agreed on the date I should come only for her to switch off her phone in the morning of that day. And I was gonna travel to that location for the first time. Thank goodness say I cancel the trip that morning if not I for dey stranded when I reach there. And she didn't even give me concrete reasons why she wasn't reachable. She just asked that we meet some other time. Mind you, her ex was all over her that period.

All those things just make me conclude say babe no be my own at all. I just withdraw from her. Even when she eventually came to Lagos (we were no longer dating as at then), I just didn't think it wise going to see her because I felt it wasn't worth it.

3 Likes

Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by donnaD(f): 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
[quote author=omooba969 post=62978351]
Have you got any submissions?[/quote I don't interfere on family matter.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by masks(m): 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
NextGovernor:
Some women can be wahala sha. I had a girlfriend recently that almost made my life misreable. Anytime she come over I will never have rest. I talk to girl on the road problem, I greet my flat neighbour sister or daughters problem, I make calls to female problem, long conversation to male friends she will just be angry say I just kept her and calling since. I dont come back from work ontime peoblem, I say I am tired anytime she wanna bring conversation problem.

My broda/sista I ranaway before I die b4 my time. She curse the hell out of me over the fone just becos say I say make we give break. Some girls can be so problematic.
lol! bro believe me your case before you ran was like living in a haven....my gf has broken about 4 of my phones already...whenever shebgers angry na tie she go knot me for public and start threatening fire and brimstone like say she go fit beat me....if she calls and my phone is switched off...just know that I'm in soup.....one day as she was throwing her usual tantrums I vex tell am say I no do again....babe beg me till evening saying I don't understand her and all that.Till today she don learn to respect herself I! lol!
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2017
Probably this one na arrangee marriage.the guy come discover say the woman no be as he expected her to look na im kawa.say no to arrangee marriage.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by fof1: 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2017
abefedammy:

Halima Salihu, an Abuja-based businesswoman, has approached a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) sitting at Maitama, Abuja, seeking the dissolution of her marriage to her husband, John Nouhayin, on the grounds of desertion.

The petitioner informed the court, presided over by Justice Peter Affen, that she got married to the respondent on June 16, 2014 at the Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) marriage registry and were issued with a marriage certificate.

According to her, her husband left their Kubwa, Abuja residence on July 27, 2014 without telling her anything, only for her to later discover that some of his belongings were no longer in the house.

She said;
“My Lord, we got married on the 16th of June, 2014 at AMAC marriage registry. We were given a marriage certificate that day. We moved in together as husband and wife after the marriage.

“On the 27th of July, 2014, he left the house at Kubwa without saying anything to me. I waited throughout that day. His line (telephone) was not going through.

“I later found out that some of his belongings were no longer in the house,” the petitioner told the court.

She informed that she contacted her husband’s family to tell them the issue on ground but the response they gave was unsatisfactory.

The petitioner added that it was then she contacted her uncle and told him what was happening.

“My uncle met with his family who told him that he had travelled out of the country and that he was no longer interested in the marriage. I still waited hoping that he would change his mind and come back.

“But up till now, he has not come back. That is why I brought the matter before my Lord,” the petitioner told the court.

She, therefore, pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage.

Counsel for the husband, Abubakar Muhammed, told the court that he did not want to cross-examine the plaintiff.

He stated that based on the instruction of his client, all the wife said in her petition before the court was true.

According to the counsel, “based on the instruction of my client, the respondent confirmed that all she claimed in her petition is true and he has no objection to the petition.”

Muhammed then urged the court to grant the relief sought by the petitioner.

Meanwhile, Justice Affen has directed parties in the matter to file their written addresses within seven days from Wednesday, November 29, 2017.

He, therefore, adjourned the case till Tuesday, December 5, 2017 for adoption of final addresses.

http://www.lodgerill.com.ng/2017/12/my-husband-left-me-only-one-month-after.html?m=1

HOPE THIS IS NOT AN ARRANGEE COURT CASE/SESSION,WHERE D PLAINTIFF AND D DEFENCE COUNSEL ARE SPKING SAME LANGUAGE OR IN TANDEM WITH ONE ACCORD. D WOMAN IS DESPERATELY SEEKING FREEDOM SO SHE CAN FIRE WITHOUT BLAME OR A TAG. SHE MAY HV DRAFTED D DEFENCE LAWTER IN TO MAKE D CASE SIMPLE TO RESOLVE. WOMEN AND SCHEMING IS 5&6...
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by Teeboi56: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
rose54321:
This one is strong oh.

Hell go full eh
Na so brother
Dat is Wat am thinking already
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by SirdeKay: 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
The plain truth is that the guy just needed the marriage certificate to travel abroad. In fact, the lady even played into his hands by filing for divorce because the guy would simply use the divorce papers to do another marriage with a citizen of his host country in order to get residence permit. That's why the guy's lawyer didn't object.

1 Like

Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by gistsky: 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
NextGovernor:

Is she frm edo? My former colleague was behaving exactly like dat o.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by Sunnybabe(m): 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
NextGovernor:

lol... Hope she no invite her village step-mothers to the matter sha... make dem no start to dey follow up and down
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by Ritajovy(f): 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
There is nothing I will not hear!! 1 month! God save us!!
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by SavoG(f): 12:04am On Dec 05, 2017
Yourr:
He left you since June 2014 and you are stating your case after 3 years, I believe we need to hear more from the husband side.

That's the legal way to do it. The desertion must be continuous for a period of one year or so.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by joinnow: 12:30am On Dec 05, 2017
NextGovernor:

Good you ran .....
Its symptoms of depression she might be displaying.
Re: "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out by arnold123: 1:43am On Dec 05, 2017
duduade:
How is she sure he ain't a ghost??
have you ever kpanshed a ghost before??, I think I have

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Tanitoluwa Adewumi Has ‘Conquered The World Of Chess' At 8. Chased By Boko Haram / Photo: Can This Kind Of Relationship Exist Again In This World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.