Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well (39812 Views)

Lady Shares The Heartwarming Note Her Husband Left Her Before Leaving For Work. / The Woman My Husband Impregnated Is My Elder Sister / The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Mille: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2023
I came across this post on Reddit and it's triggering.
I am 36F, husband is 37M

My husband and I have been together for about 14 years. For the most part our marriage has been absolutely wonderful. That changed about 2 years ago.

After trying for baby for years we decided to seek out a fertility clinic. After many tests it was concluded that I was the problem. I don't want to get into it but I'm unable to carry a child. It sent me into a pretty deep depression. My husband was wonderful throughout the entire thing, he gave me the space I needed to grieve and be sad. After about 3 months he brought up getting a surrogate or adoption. I lost it, and during the argument I accused him of blaming me. A couple of days later he suggested I go to therapy. Which I did.

I was diagnosed with depression and put in medication. This severally impacted my libido. It's basically non existent. He eventually sat me down and explained his needs, I told him I understood but I can't give him sex or intimacy right now. It blew up into a huge fight, I accused him of caring more about sex, he said he cares about me but I cannot expect him to go without either. In anger he said "I might as well just find it somewhere else" and in anger I told him to go ahead.

That's where the distance between us got bad. He basically stopped trying and we pretty much stopped talking. I eventually found out that he was having an affair. When I confronted him he didn't deny it but didn't seem remorseful about it either. I told him I wanted him out and he left. A couple of days later I was served with divorce papers.

Well now I'm finding out the woman he left me for, the same one he had the affair with us pregnant. I'm not handling this well. I plan on talking to my therapist about it but I'm in a bad place right now.

I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Mille: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
The poster is definitely a narcissist who has a lot of self-love and doesn't care about other people's feelings.

The man waited 14 years. I'm glad my wife got pregnant at the first time of asking. If not, I'd have been out in less than two years.

268 Likes 21 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Messileo10000: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
Therapist oo, advice oo
All join, nothing can apparently solve this

You are face to face with the consequences of your actions
Hug it tight grin grin

164 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by TemplarLandry: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
cool

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Acekidc4(m): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Why are you not able to Carry a Child πŸ€”πŸ€” Who caused it, Your Past or Natural Causes??

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Dchampion65: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
You still need to see your therapy.
In reality, not every male will become a natural father nor every female shall become a natural mother. That's the mystery of life.
Come on, put off your frustration and depression and embrace medical advice as well.
Adoption,surrogate or IVF.
Rejoice always and I say rejoice.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mille:
Triggering? Sounds like you have unresolved issues you are yet to deal with. Might I suggest you book an appointment immediately with a mental health therapist so you can get that sludge out of your head soonest? ?undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Sharpsharp00123: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
After I book space finish I realize say na thrash

I dey go my house

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by AllBlack: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
Okay so?
Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by tommy589(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
Ok
Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Hambivert: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
"What Do Women Really Want?"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Pepperoniq(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
Madame stop grieving and move on. She was the cause of her misfortune. Nonsense

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Zooposki(f): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mille:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by DenreleDave(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
You are the problem.

You probably can't conceive, you won't take adoption and you want him to remain with u childless.

Yet you can't fv k him too and you want him to stay with you...

Maybe na ur type don do my past is my past and you want the innocent man to stick by you. Person wey no dey there when u dey diminish the usefulness of Ur womb

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by jeromestarks: 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Fafesot: 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
You didn't go deep into the nature of the problem causing the infertility, to know if it could be addressed or not.

Your husband suggested surrogacy on the ground that he did not want a child from a foreign body (another woman outside), but instead of you to sit down and talk about it with him, you flared up. He's a good man, if I were him, I wouldn't even ask you neither suggested a way forward, I'm getting another woman pregnant... fourteen good years, if you were him and found out he's the problem... would you wait?

You see, emotion does not solve problems, rather complicate the matter.

You should find a good way to solve your problem, else forget about the marriage.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by richard870(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
M
Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
Another marriage wahala
You pushed your husband away, he's a reasonable man

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Ombudsman1: 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IS DYING OF HUNGER NOW. THATS MORE IMPORTANT NEWS grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by ednut1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
A lot of people are sick in the head. Because you can’t have a baby he should not have after divorce Which kind juju be this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by kennyz247(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
life no balance oooo,
just accept it,and move on

your happiness should be ur priority for now

1 Like

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Cromagnon: 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
Mille:
this wan think say na Yankee she Dey

1 Like

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Obierika(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
The time has come for them to remove that "For better for worse , till death do us part" bullshit they use in wedding vows angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
Not too good
Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Homologous: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
I'm truly sorry to hear about the emotional turbulence you're going through. The complexities of fertility, marriage, and emotional well-being are deeply interconnected and can be incredibly challenging to navigate. You're doing the right thing by seeking therapy, and I hope you continue to find it a helpful avenue for addressing your feelings and depression.

7 Likes

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by Kobicove(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
The man tried sef, 14 years is a long time to spend in a childless marriage especially if the fault is not from you undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by inoki247: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
Otilo...

2 Likes

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by nairalanda1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
Husband no dey understand that marriage is for better for worse .

Your wife dey undergo serious issues and the best way to deal with it is to get another woman pregnant?

Suppose it was the other way round? Suppose the woman was fertile and you were the one shooting blanks?

The man married because he wanted free punnami and the pride of being called a father. Not because he wanted to get married. I doubt he loved the woman.

Don't get married for the image

8 Likes

Re: The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well by ubest1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2023
Women should understand asking ur husband out is another woman prayer point, learn to manage ur anger & home

32 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Flaunts Superbaby Tattoo On Her Babybump (Photos) / 3 Nigerian Couples Who Are Friends: Before & After Babies (Photos) / Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.