Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) (51526 Views)

Male Nurse Takes Delivery Of Baby With Cord Around The Neck In Keke Napep (Pics) / Siamese Twins Die Months After Delivery In Katsina. Photos / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by Abbeyme: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
This is a lil scarry tho
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by Kokaine(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
cherr:
Ante natal care is very important. No matter how late you find out you're pregnant you should register immediately.

I know not everyone is buoyant enough that's why planned parenthood is necessary tongue
but sorry ohh.
is it possible not to know the gender of a baby?
a baby either has a penis or a vagina. except what I'm seeing is not a cloth but a disease.
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by Nickymichy(m): 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
U c what ignorance have caused.....

1 Like

Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by giboji: 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
GOD WILL HELP
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by All4God111: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
Otukpo is not a village for God's sake. The essence of governance is to enforce law and order. I challenge our governments at all levels to step up their games and presence in the areas of; public education, enlightenment and enforcement as per child and maternal health.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
darlenese:
our grand mothers never attended ante natal. I dnt think that is the cause of the problem .
it can be the cause oo..

if she attends antenatal.. she would know that she needs to be taking folic acid everyday to prevent fetal abnormality,,and she would know that she needs to do anomaly scan at 20-21 weeks (not the regular scan). An anomaly scan would detect any form of physical or mental abnormality including autism..and then she would be given a choice to either evacuate the foetus or leave it..

this could have been avoided..

This is for women out there..if you cant afford antenatal..at least be taking folic acid daily the moment you find you are pregnant (its veryyyy cheap)..and do an anomaly scan at 20 weeks.. even if you cannot afford to be doing other regular scans during the 9 months..

2 Likes

Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by FreeConCiencE: 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
booqee:
it can be the cause oo..

if she attends antenatal.. she would know that she needs to be taking folic acid everyday to prevent fetal abnormality,,and she would know that she needs to do anomaly scan at 20-21 weeks (not the regular scan). An anomaly scan would detect any form of physical or mental abnormality including autism..and then she would be given a choice to either evacuate the foetus or leave it..

This is for women out there..if you cant afford antenatal..at least be taking folic acid daily the moment you find you are pregnant (its veryyyy cheap)..and do an anomaly scan at 20 weeks.. even if you cannot afford to be doing other regular scans during the 9 months..

What you wrote here does not make any difference. The two options you gave here are still available. Either killing the baby or leave it. Mind you attending antenatal clinics or taking folic acid cannot prevent the formation of a massive swelling like this. It can Only lead to its detection in-utro. This is not to discourage attending antenatal clinics. Killing the baby now or evacuating while in the womb are same.
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by izaray(f): 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
See the kind of pains they are putting on this child now.
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
FreeConCiencE:

What you wrote here does not make any difference. The two options you gave here are still available. Either killing the baby or leave it. Mind you attending antenatal clinics or taking folic acid cannot prevent the formation of a massive swelling like this. It can Only lead to its detection in-utro. This is not to discourage attending antenatal clinics. Killing the baby now or evacuating while in the womb are same.
Trust me..taking folic acid is veryyyyyy important in the development of a baby..and can prevent something like this to a very large extent.

Anyway, for the anomaly scan thing, detecting an abnormality in utero and evacuating the foetus is dependent on the individual and their conscience. While to you evacuating the baby or killing it after been born may appear as the same thing.. many parent would rather evacuate it in utero and then try again.. i mean why bring an innocent child to the world to suffer all those pain if you knew.. But if eventually, the baby is born..killing it is what many mother's conscience cannot accomodate. i mean, kill ur own child..that u can finally see with ur eyes?? common they are not exactly the same..

Again, even if they are both bad.. evacuating is cheaper and wont prick your conscience as much (still depends individually)
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by darlenese(f): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
booqee:
it can be the cause oo..

I still have doubt , during my first pregnancy , nothing goes into my mouth without coming out ,including routine drugs , I throw up everything immedietly after eating , it was hell but I still had a healthy baby. I am not encouraging any woman to avoid antenatal. I'm only sceptical about the assumed cause of the baby's condition .
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by babapressy(m): 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by RetroBoy: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
booqee:
Trust me..taking folic acid is veryyyyyy important in the development of a baby..and can prevent something like this to a very large extent.

Anyway, for the anomaly scan thing, detecting an abnormality in utero and evacuating the foetus is dependent on the individual and their conscience. While to you evacuating the baby or killing it after been born may appear as the same thing.. many parent would rather evacuate it in utero and then try again.. i mean why bring an innocent child to the world to suffer all those pain if you knew.. But if eventually, the baby is born..killing it is what many mother's conscience cannot accomodate. i mean, kill ur own child..that u can finally see with ur eyes?? common they are not exactly the same..

Again, even if they are both bad.. evacuating is cheaper and wont prick your conscience as much (still depends individually)
Folc acid during pregnancy doesn't prevent congenital disorders such as omphalocoele or gastrochisis.
Also, an anomaly scan cannot detect autism, which is a developmental disorder. It may help diagnose, along with other blood tests, Down syndrome which is completely different from autism.
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by FreeConCiencE: 1:13am On Dec 06, 2017
booqee:

I want to maintain that killing a living developing baby while in the womb because of abnormality is same as killing the baby after birth. If the baby is left unevacuated ,there is possibility for corrective surgery after birth. But if the baby hasbeen killed in the womb by evacuating it, that possibility is gone and you have killed a soul. If you have been carrying out abortions for people , my brother, stop it. It is same as killing a human being. It's not a matter of what your conscience can accommodate. A armed robber that goes to kill the bankers and probably, along with engineers, doctors and others who are in the bank at that point in time does not have conscience and will not be judged by amount of conscience he has if caught. He will face the law.
Also,like I said earlier, folic acid won't prevent this kind of abnormality. Its importance is in the prevention of neural tube defects of spinal cord and brain such as anencephaly. This is not to discourage attending antenatal clinics. I am just been factual.
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 06, 2017
FreeConCiencE:

I want to maintain that killing a living developing baby while in the womb because of abnormality is same as killing the baby after birth. If the baby is left unevacuated ,there is possibility for corrective surgery after birth. But if the baby hasbeen killed in the womb by evacuating it, that possibility is gone and you have killed a soul. If you have been carrying out abortions for people , my brother, stop it. It is same as killing a human being. It's not a matter of what your conscience can accommodate. A armed robber that goes to kill the bankers and probably, along with engineers, doctors and others who are in the bank at that point in time does not have conscience and will not be judged by amount of conscience he has if caught. He will face the law.
Also,like I said earlier, folic acid won't prevent this kind of abnormality. Its importance is in the prevention of neural tube defects of spinal cord and brain such as anencephaly. This is not to discourage attending antenatal clinics. I am just been factual.
well you sound like a doctor or someone in the medical field and maybe you are right on the prenatal drugs thing..abi what do I know? I am only talking from experience of been an expectant mother and the little i've learnt at the hospital.

I wont speak for others..but for me (God forbid it ever happens to me), evacuation is better than giving birth to it (if i knew)..cos if i do give birth to it, killing the baby is never a option..i will forever see myself as a murderer and I cant live with that for the rest of my life.
Yeah, you're right..they may both be murder..but personally, my conscience would not prick me..because I believe I have done the "right" thing for that child and myself. I may be judged by the world and by God, but I, booqee, I wont feel so terrible about doing it.. I dont know about others..
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2017
RetroBoy:

Folc acid during pregnancy doesn't prevent congenital disorders such as omphalocoele or gastrochisis.
Also, an anomaly scan cannot detect autism, which is a developmental disorder. It may help diagnose, along with other blood tests, Down syndrome which is completely different from autism.
oh yeah..i thought autism is same as down syndrome..my mistake..

but they always tell us at antenatal that folic acid helps in the proper development of a baby.. if that is a lie, what is the reason for the folic acid they give..cos me I am even tired of drugs every single day..
Re: Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) by xamuell: 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
This is baaaaaaddd

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Nine Dangerous African Countries You Must Avoid Right Now - PM News / Surgeons Remove Massive Tumor From Mr. Muritala's Mouth After Donations / Woman Gives Birth To 'frog' Baby In Zimbabwe (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.