Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) (27994 Views)

Kiss Daniel Reacts To Lawsuit By G-Worldwide Entertainment / Why Kiss Daniel Left Former Label G-Worldwide Before His 5-year Contract Expired / Reason Why I Left G-worldwide For My Future - Kiss Daniel (fly Boy Ceo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by ritababe(f): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
another drama and more money for bloggers grin
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by wonlasewonimi: 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
Comments on this thread shows most people don't understand being bound by terms of a contract. There's nothing like slavery there if did not sign under duress!
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by tolumizzy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hmm.. Straight tree no dey stay long for Forrest
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
Dotted lines u sign wen u r upancoming and desperate

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by pol23: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
Okay oo
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by TDEMONEW(m): 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
kiss Daniel hope you are ready for legal battle before flaunting your own record label.......... enjoy your battle bro
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by coolebux(m): 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
The new name Flyboy is a threat to them gringrin
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by onatisi(m): 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
7 years contract !!
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
na them giver am the name, see gbege oh grin
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by djoey89: 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
he should respect the contract. new artist should learn that desperation shouldn't let you put pen to paper and later cry wolf.
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by Bizibi(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
I knew it was going to happen
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by intruxive(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nothing go happen jor angry
This is naija, no parasitic label can hold any artist down. This stupid label that is preventing kiss daniel from exploiting his true potential because they want to parasite on him, mtchewww oshi angry
They tried same shii with Asa almost making us miss her golden voice, they tried it with skales too, and recently harry song
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by mpowa(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
I blame kiss Daniel for this, how can you sign a 7yrs contract when you're not illetrate, now these ones are holding his destiny to ransom, they're always desperate when starting out, they don't mind what they signed - he should just beg them o, call every well meaning people to beg them to release his future.
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by DJperdurabo: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2017
Foxrain:
G worldwide there are a million up comers just as good or even better begging to get a chance, why don't you sign them and leave this boy alone ,haven't you ripped him off enough already !
Very soon they will destroy his young very promising career.

This is business. He signed a contract willingly and I believe knowing the implications of such. Why not keep the end of his deal.

A lot of Nigeria superstars do this a lot (reneging on contracts hitherto signed with management or record companies) when they 'blow'. They never think of doing their own thing while still underground with the label spending so much money on them to 'blow'.

P.S. My observation is based on the facts here presented only.

2 Likes

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by DJperdurabo: 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
mpowa:
I blame kiss Daniel for this, how can you sign a 7yrs contract when you're not illetrate, now these ones are holding his destiny to ransom, they're always desperate when starting out, they don't mind what they signed - he should just beg them o, call every well meaning people to beg them to release his future.

You're on point!

No need for pride or foolish braggadocio.
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by DJperdurabo: 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2017
TDEMONEW:
kiss Daniel hope you are ready for legal battle before flaunting your own record label.......... enjoy your battle bro

And if he isn't careful, the legal tussle can truncate or even ruin his career. The Nigeria music industry is moving at a very fast pace, no time for dulling at all as new and talented artists are everywhere knocking on the door of stardom.
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by kabaka1: 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
that's why b4 u sign this music contracts or any other types of contracts u just to understand the lingo in the contract and make sure the contract is favorable to u when u don't have a binding relationship with the other party.
but it's really extreme to not let the guy use his stage name to do his thing. I pity him now as this will affect his earning and just slow him down now

1 Like

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by Elnino4ladies: 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nigerians are too emotional. look at them siding with kiss Daniel. Dude should see out his contract and move on.

1 Like

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by Elnino4ladies: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
intruxive:
Nothing go happen jor angry
This is naija, no parasitic label can hold any artist down. This stupid label that is preventing kiss daniel from exploiting his true potential because they want to parasite on him, mtchewww oshi angry
They tried same shii with Asa almost making us miss her golden voice, they tried it with skales too, and recently harry song

Emperor G is a yahoo boy. You don't fvck with him.

1 Like

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by kabaka1: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
timmymartinz27:

So Kiss Daniel can't perform with his stage name again? Na G worldwide give am d stage name? I fear all diz record label o

Just wondering same thing oh!... lol... maybe G-we copyrighted the name. if so na dem own the name
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by mpowa(m): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
kabaka1:
that's why b4 u sign this music contracts or any other types of contracts u just to understand the lingo in the contract and make sure the contract is favorable to u when u don't have a binding relationship with the other party.
but it's really extreme to not let the guy use his stage name to do his thing. I pity him now as this will affect his earning and just slow him down now
The contract conditions are terrible, the guy doesn't even have a YouTube channel of his own, he can't collabo with other artistse, but he has himself to blame for everything, if he's lucky he'll be out unscathed.

1 Like

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by Rick9(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
Who sign a 7 year contract, highest is 2-3 years . Kiss no try at all

1 Like

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by Divinitykay: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
nawa 4 naija artiste oo..., why cant they just stay in their label and see off their contracts or leave with mutual agreements. must we always feel we've arrived after one or two hit songs even upcoming artiste wan open record label... make I close my mouth ooo

1 Like

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by mpowa(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Nigerians are too emotional. look at them siding with kiss Daniel. Dude should see out his contract and move on.
there's nothing emotional here, agreed he made wrong move by signing the terrible contract but those guys are wicked, what do they want to gain for example in not allowing him to collabo with other artists? Do you know why Davido and Wizkid are so successful? Their collabos, if Kiss Daniel was not so talented he we would have forgotten him by now. Seeing out his contact also mean spending his active years for these people caged. But contract is contract, he must find his way around it.
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by Rick9(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
Nigeria upcoming Artistes are just too desperate and sign contracts anyhow, before signing a contract get yourself an Attorney, he will be the one to go through the contract terms and then Negotiate it on your behalf,
You just don't sign contract like that for that long duration, get an Attorney, music business is serious business and breaching a signed contract is not a minor issue.

1 Like

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by kabaka1: 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
EZENDIZUOGU:
na them giver am the name, see gbege oh grin

kiss Daniel may have come up the name but if the label copyrighted the name then legally the name becomes an asset and property of the labelm I think that's the situation here.
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by mpowa(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
Rick9:
Nigeria upcoming Artistes are just too desperate and sign contracts anyhow, before signing a contract get yourself an Attorney, he will be the one to go through the contract terms and then Negotiate it on your behalf,
You just don't sign contract like that for that long duration, get an Attorney, music business is serious business and breaching a signed contract is not a minor issue.
At that time all they think about is how they want to Blow!... It's the same for most young Nigerians, go and check some destiny destroying contract some of our footballers are signing.

2 Likes

Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by intruxive(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Emperor G is a yahoo boy. You don't fvck with him.
Fvck yahoo! He cant do jack shit, touch the boy and nigeria will descend on him, why did he go to court? He for carry gun go harass the guy for house na
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by Talkwell: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
Divinitykay:
nawa 4 naija artiste oo..., why cant they just stay in their label and see off their contracts or leave with mutual agreements. must we always feel we've arrived after one or two hit songs even upcoming artiste wan open record label... make I close my mouth ooo

d label literarily de enslave am, dem no let am feature anybody
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by kay29000(m): 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
Khutie:
•••Whether them enslave am or not, I think contracts should be honoured. Na Nigeria this kind yeye thing fit happen nah. Ask Lil Wayne as e dey be, Birdman is owing dah Niggur big time buh Weezy ain't going owt khoz he's under contract. He can rant the hell as he like buh still under CASH MONEY RECORDS. Xo I think GWW gonna get something outta this unless they settles on mutual ground.

Men! But Baby has suffered Lil Wayne o! He just shelf the guy career for good four years. Damn!
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by freestylebony(m): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
Kiss should better honour the contract... 2020 is not far o..atleast he go sku, why e go sign slavery contract like dis? your stage name na property of G-World Wide... dis guy fall my hands sha
Re: G-worldwide Entertainment Sues Kiss Daniel To Court (see Details) by kabaka1: 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
mpowa:

The contract conditions are terrible, the guy doesn't even have a YouTube channel of his own, he can't collabo with other artistse, but he has himself to blame for everything, if he's lucky he'll be out unscathed.

from what we've read here seems like he signed the contract without proper consultations and knowledge about the nuances of his record contract agreement. let's just say he was desperate and broke when he signed this contract. I know he made some good money with the label do am guessing he can fight some of the terms of the contract but it will cost him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayo Adesanya Covers Face Of BOM Magazine / ‘i’m Sorry To Say, But 2face Is Empty’ – Sir Shina Peters / Kechi Okwuchi Performs At America Got Talent: My Dreams Have Already Come True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.