Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." (49316 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Leke Adeboye: If You Voted For APC In Osun You Are A Fool - Pastor Adeboye's Son / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by 360command: 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
If MEN were God..... Glad men are not God
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheHistorian:

Do you have glaring evidences to lay credence to such a ludicrous claim?

Can you mention categorically any of those you know who offer him gifts with proceeds from crime?

He mentioned "CAR" not "AIRLINES". I know your pre-programmed prejudice has rendered you incapable of unbias analysis.

BTW,whatever Private Jets he owns,Prove to us now if it was acquaired from money made illegally or you forever remain taciturn in any public space of discussion.

Awon Arindin meji! undecided

Mr Defender wen will adeboye pay his tithe Into ur life?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by TheHistorian(m): 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Mr Defender wen will adeboye pay his tithe Into ur life?
Whenever you grow a brain.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
enigmaticlion:
God punish and your stupid motivation for that insane comment

Lmao.
Bros ur own na wetin sef? See as u wan kill person for matter whey No even concern u... grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by umaleku(m): 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
yanabasee:
But he has been receiving cars and money from his members and that seems to be Goodwill gift and not a moving coffin....!!!

Does it mean that all the gifts he receive from his members are lawful?

u just Ope your mouth to say rubbish can't read very well the man of God said if u get your car through crime crime u hear
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by crafteck(m): 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheHistorian:

Can you mention categorically any of those you know who offer him gifts with proceeds from crime?

He mentioned "CAR" not "AIRLINES". I know your pre-programmed prejudice has rendered you incapable of unbias analysis.

BTW,whatever Private Jets he owns,Prove to us now if it was acquaired from money made illegally or you forever remain taciturn in any public space of discussion.

Imbeci.. Le , what business is ge doing that hes having jets, do you know how much it costs simply to leave it overnight talkless of fuel it etc, your mumu neva do?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by jaxxy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
Safiaa:
Pastor Adeboye has come again with his irrational sermons. I'm tired of this man.

Hes a human so i want to believe hes stating his personal view here. Men of God help us Clarify wen its their personal opinion and the scriptures pls.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheHistorian:

Whenever you grow a brain.

grin.
So called Christians.
grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by yanabasee(m): 11:42pm On Dec 05, 2017
umaleku:

u just Ope your mouth to say rubbish can't read very well the man of God said if u get your car through crime crime u hear

Dude, did u read my second paragraph??

You're high on cheap borno weed... go and sleep...

Mr OPE your mouth
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by Adebowale89(m): 11:43pm On Dec 05, 2017
why did pastors cursed. I might not be close to Bible that much but I'm close to how the Bible was translated to home video

never see Jesus making a horrific statement like don't pay tithe and things become tight, u are entering coffin bla bla

that's how one of my former pastor was raising a curse in the church against anyone that will follow him when he get transfer

can't we be always positive like Jesus Christ? even at the point of death Jesus was still positive

PST adeboye isn't god, I respect my maker than any human like me

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by Phonefanatic: 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
This man is getting old and losing his sanity.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by TemmyTee82(f): 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
VIPERVENOM:
So i guess you, oyedepo, ibieyome and that yoruba man with bicycle seat head have private flying coffins

Who is the one with the bicycle seat head? shocked
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by medexico(m): 11:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheHistorian:

oh boy! See english

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by TemmyTee82(f): 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
DemonHunTER:
Freeze over to you.

#EndNwaAmaikpe
Loool. Leave NwaAmaikpe na.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by medexico(m): 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
TheHistorian:

Oh boy. See english!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by Safiaa(f): 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
jaxxy:

Hes a human so i want to believe hes stating his personal view here. Men of God help us Clarify wen its their personal opinion and the scriptures pls.
How can a pastor be stating his personal opinion and indirectly disguising it as the word of God. This is what Adeboye is fond of doing, and its wrong. Adeboye is not Christ. I put nothing above these 'men of God'

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by TemmyTee82(f): 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2017
lilfreezy:
#freethesheeples #EndSars #EndYahooPastors
grin
Thank God! You did not add #EndNwaAmaikpe
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by ruffDiamond: 11:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
Oga after this long epistle which has only succeded saying nothing!
yes,like yin the word of Shakespeare, like a fool's rant, full of sound ,noise and fury yet signifying nothing! hyocrite like you is the bane of your so called Christianity. you were busy ranting about how yr tithe is helping to give one idotic 'pasta' pot belle,drive exotic car,and ought to live in lekki insteada Timaya rightbut let ask you something where do majority of your hapless shhepies ought to live then,ghttoes,slums,Batcher, mudhouses,rightwho your useless tithe has ever helped aside doling it out to your kleptomaniac jibiti pastor,hiding under the guise of just loving God so muchmention one soul you've helped changed his or life story outside your immediate FAM..kid you've helped taken out of the street...hypocrite like you feed your dog better than your security guard or gateman,assuming you can afford one,abuse and dismissed your housemaid at will over slightest provocation, again, assuming you can afford one, like I saw one idiotic so called redeem member did in the past..yes, hypocrite like you who loves to give good things to their children and yet cheat artisans of their rightful wages...useless pasta setting up schools with your useless tithe children of many less privlleged brainwashed,exploited sheepies could not afford to attend

Murray Bruce common sense fall on you 'SURE CLIENT'!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by brookz: 11:53pm On Dec 05, 2017
All dis Yahoo Yahoo Pastor's no get Chill at all.

Meanwhile.........

Any Pastor flying and chilling in a Private Jet not acquired with his own Legit Money Is also Flying inside Coffin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by millionboi2: 11:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
Safiaa:
Pastor Adeboye has come again with his irrational sermons. I'm tired of this man.
Are a thief?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by Safiaa(f): 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
millionboi2:
Are a thief?
sorry?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by Justbright(m): 12:07am On Dec 06, 2017
TheHistorian:

Eeeediot...what about d proceedes of finacial scams by ceicilia and erastus from oceanic and intercontinental bank customers.both bank chief gave confessional statement which was traced to leaders of redeem...its not a must u defend illegality ewu!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by jaxxy(m): 12:11am On Dec 06, 2017
Safiaa:
How can a pastor be stating his personal opinion and indirectly disguising it as the word of God. This is what Adeboye is fond of doing, and its wrong. Adeboye is not Christ. I put nothing above these 'men of God'

Sadly its a real issue on the Christian faith. Why i cos many Christians don't even know the scriptures so they can't question their pastors or verify. Apostle Paul in the Bible in certain places made it clear wen he was giving hes personal advice and opinion on issues and wen he was quoting the scriptures. Christianity is about knowing the truth not zombie following.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by mickeymimi: 12:17am On Dec 06, 2017
Fear Factor.....Teach and not curse

. Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live.

Honestly Christians need to calm down ..otherwise we might end up driving young people away from the church body of Christ .., Jesus came for the sinners and does not want death of sinners but to repent,.....teach Jesus, his love and why he died for us and kingdom of God ,, they can repent but not curse them...If not for the grace of Jesus ,, we would have been under the curse of laws and death and keep killing ram for our sins.

Mark 2.17 And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners." That is the message of Christianity, the essence of the gospel, the reason for the incarnation

Agreed good Christian will not buy car with illegal money ....A growing christian member , new believers and atheist might... it is a hard country and most people find it difficult to make money but they still want to please God and come to church. Some are still driving stolen cars to church or following their friend s to church. some growing Christians might even leave the church in anger.

How do you minister to people especially atheist after cursing people..... with social media borders cannot longer stop the gospel , the whole world is hearing it .... The Disciples of Jesus still got it wrong when Jesus was with them .......he knows everyone of them including Judas but did not drive them away or keep cursing them. Jesus is love.

Most people that don t go to church like me listen to the Gospel on the radio and TV and social media and learning the bible. am still not perfect.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by mickeymimi: 12:22am On Dec 06, 2017
Why All Christians Must Speak Out Against Syncretism In The African Church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oJYyS6AqHs
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by sambisa5: 12:23am On Dec 06, 2017
yanabasee:
But he has been receiving cars and money from his members and that seems to be Goodwill gift and not a moving coffin....!!!

Use your brain well, especially if all the nuts are still intact,,,, don't just come here and type because others are typing,,,,, otherwise you type out of sense.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by AngelicBeing: 12:24am On Dec 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So Tekno is driving in a coffin.
tongue

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by yanabasee(m): 12:25am On Dec 06, 2017
sambisa5:

Use your brain well, especially if all the nuts are still intact,,,, don't just come here and type because others are typing,,,,, otherwise you type out of sense.

You're delusionally stup!d..... G.O's boy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by amaze1011(m): 12:26am On Dec 06, 2017
yanabasee:

why don't you use ur common sense or maybe use a dictionary
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by sambisa5: 12:27am On Dec 06, 2017
femadesh:
I'm here to read comments cheesy cheesy
it is better!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by bolamp(m): 12:29am On Dec 06, 2017
MDGsVISIBLE:
When you go to church and feel the AC blowing through your wig into your skull, know that you are eating out of your tithe.…when the bass guitarists, the keyboardist and other guys on the drums are delivering some good music during praise and you’re dancing everywhere and removing your coat, uncle they pay those guys working for God, know that you are eating out of your tithe. … Most Sundays you don’t go to church because you depend on nepa to iron your cloths, it is the same thing in the house of God, we don’t depend on NEPA to power the church, we pay for fuel and diesel, so when you go to church today and enjoy uninterrupted worship, know that you are eating out of your tithe.… If you go to church to charge your phones and you grudge about tithe, well, your case is different. … When we invite Pst Nathaniel Bassey to lead you in worship to our God, it is not his trumpet he will eat when he goes back home after ushering the Holy Ghost into your life with his ministration, it is not halleluyah challenge his landlord will eat, we give them minister’s gifts to support the work God is also doing through them, it is the meat that you have stored in God’s house that we use to feed them. So when Travis Greene comes from the UK to raise the roof in praise and worship dance very well because it is your tithe. " Who deserves to live in lekki? The pastor that feeds you daily with God’s word or Timaya that adds nothing to your Christian faith? Who deserves to drive the best cars? Your pastor glorifying God or Iyanya winding waist with naked women glorifying mammon? One witch somewhere will just be vexing for nothing that we are giving to advance the kingdom, you grudge when asked to donate to a church project, you grudge when asked to pay tithe, you think it’s your squeezed 50naira that makes you comfortable in worship at church? Witches campaigning for people not to pay tithe to God when they cheerfully pay Millions for a table for 5 at AY shows. Witches!!!”
"The right perception to tithing"
(Please pause and read this)
I have tried so hard to avoid this tithing or no tithing debate, but It will be so ungrateful of me to keep quiet and watch some folk misunderstand a principle that gives me great peace.
I'm not going to quote a single scripture to defend this, if the Bible is too deep for us to understand, then maybe it is time we try common sense.
We don't tithe because we want to receive from God, we don't tithe to buy God's blessings, it is not a give and take something, it is not a trade by batter principle. God's blessings and favours comes upon us in a million amazing ways without giving a penny, most times the blessings we hardly take notice, He just loves us, unconditionally, whether we are giving to Him or not. He gave us Jesus without our consent, He sent His son at a time when we least deserved it, that's how much He has been giving to us without asking anything back in return.
I don't care about being under law, under grace or under mercy, I just love the Lord with all my heart, and with all that is within me. I give back a tenth of all that He gives to me not in an attempt to provoke Him to do more, but to maintain my local assembly. I tithe to ensure that there is meat in His house. I understand that it is His duty to maintain the spiritual needs of His house, but since He has given me the capacity to contribute to the physical and material needs of His house, I WILL.
It will be an insult to go to church one day and learn that pastor couldn't come because he went to work so he can pay his children's school fees. I tithe to make sure that my pastor's sermons are not influenced by hunger and lack.
It gives me great joy to know that my tithe contributes to the salaries of the staffs working night and day in God's house.
I tithe to ensure that God's properties are protected while I sleep very well in my house. I don't want to come back next service day to learn that thieves have stolen the church microphones and generator because we cannot hire security guards to keep watch.
If driving a good car helps my pastor spread the gospel across many towns and cities, I will tithe for him to buy a private jet so that he can fly everywhere and spread the gospel faster.
I tithe to maintain His house.
I tithe to finance the gospel.
I refuse to allow the under law and under grace debate make God look complicated to me. The Levite priests did not have electricity problem in their time, bad roads and traffic was not a problem to spreading the gospel, yet God's people were still giving to maintain God's house. It's still the same today, different scenarios.
If living in Lekki will make my pastor beat traffic and come early for service I will tithe for him to buy a house there. If living in banana island will make him accessible to God's people I will tithe to make it happen.
I tithe so that the generator will never lack diesel. I tithe because it will be uncomfortable for me to worship God in the hot heat with someone who has body odour, I tithe for God's house to have a good AC.
I tithe to enjoy the same quality of music people enjoy in the clubs and bars. I tithe for the church to have a good sound system. I tithe for the church to afford professional instrumentalists and sound engineers to make my worship experience more exciting.
I tithe for the church to continue giving bobo and popcorn to our kids in the children's church.
If my tithe is helping the outreach department take care of the poor and needy I will keep tithing.
If my tithe contributes to the logistics that will fly Bishop TD Jakes down here to give me a different dimension of the Word, I will keep tithing.
If my tithe makes the gospel concerts and word conferences FREE, I will keep tithing.
I tithe not as a batter to receive, it is not a means of exchange, how much can i really pay? I tithe to keep His house running so that I can always run there to refill and recharge.
So whether it is old testament, new testament or future testament, it is our duty to maintain our local assembly, and this is why I tithe cheerfully.
The best news is that you cannot take care of God's house and live in lack. It all comes back to us in different ways, pressed down, shaken together, and rolling over.
It's just common sense guys, just common sense.

Honestly, the reasons you gave for paying your tithe is very much valid. However these same reasons you quoted can be covered by offerings and voluntary donations to the upliftment of the house of God in appreciation for the good things you believe he is doing within and around you.
In summary, not paying tithes does not mean you shouldn't give to God, instead it gives you the freedom to make donations and offerings as your soul desires and not under any complusion just as the bible in the new testament encourages.

Futhermore, the task to spread the gospel is not for pastors alone everyone must be involved. Salvation is a personal race and not a church race, everyone is expected to be personally be active in the race for eternal life. The idea of sponsoring church outreaches to spread the gospel or caring for the needy and sick without you being involved personally is as good as deceiving yourself.

Giving and supporting Pastors is a good thing, however if this act of kindness can be extended directly to the least of thy brethren, the church will truly be more blessed.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: “If You Buy A Car With Money You Didn’t Earn Lawfully..." by yanabasee(m): 12:30am On Dec 06, 2017
amaze1011:

why don't you use ur common sense or maybe use a dictionary

You |diots worship your pastors even more than the very Jesus the Bible asked us to follow his teachings!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imam Bashir Takes His New Car To Anglican Priest For Blessings In Kwara / Synagogue: Fashola Orders Church Staff Out / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.