Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church (770 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by simon3kwork: 10:54am On Dec 06, 2017
TITHING; THE NEW TESTAMENT APPROACH
The internet of late has been awash with issues on tithing with matters like “#freeTheSheeple, #QuoteJustOneScriptureInTheNEWTESTAMENT that says believers should tithe” etc. nobody has been able to quote that one NEW TEATAMENT SCRIPTURE hence making our kingdom look like being under siege. This matter has exposed the porous nature of what we preach from the pulpits. it is to the glory of God to hide a matter and the glory of kings to search it out (Pro 25:2). Do we really believe these doctrines without relevant scriptures backing them up? Kindly note that we are not living in the old testament an hence I will NOT ESTABLISH doctrines from the old testament though I will make a few references from there.
JESUS COMMANDED THAT WE SHOULD PAY TITHE
Mtt 23:23-24(NLT) “what sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law- justice, mercy and faith. YOU SHOULD TITHE, YES, but do not neglect the more important things. 24 blind guides! You strain your water so you won’t accidentally swallow a gnat, but you SWALLOW A CAMEL.
“should” indicates a command. Don’t tell me he was talking to only the Pharisees else justice, mercy and faith should also be meant for them alone. Now that we have nailed it and supposedly put the “controversy” to rest, where is the church missing it?
NB. Jesus compared not paying ones tithe to straining a gnat and SWALLOWING A CAMEL which of course is tantamount to bursting one’s tommy as small as that 10% looks.
REASON FOR TITHING
Mal 3:10 bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. (KJV)
Mal 3:10 bring the full amount of your tithes to the temple, so that there will be plenty of food there…(GNB)
Three things stand out here which will form the basis for this discussion; all the tithes, storehouse, meat (food) in my house hence begging the question food for who?. Permit me to start from the last one, food in mine house;
1.THAT THERE MAY BE FOOD IN MINE HOUSE:
The ONLY scriptural reason for tithing is “THAT THERE MAY BE FOOD IN MY HOUSE”. It is after providing the “food in His house” that you are then permitted to do the “prove me if I will not open to you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing….”
Deut 14:28-29(KJV) at the end of three years, thou shall bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shall lay it up within thine gates: AND THE LEVITE(because he has no part nor inheritance with thee,) AND THE STRANGER, AND THE FATHERLESS, AND THE WIDOW,which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; THAT THE LORD THY GOD MAY BLESS THEE IN ALL THE WORK OF THINE HAND which thou doest.
Deut 26:12-14(KJV) when thou has made an end of tithing all the tithes of thin increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and has given it unto THE LEVITE,THE STRANGER,THE FATHERLESS, AND THE WIDOW, that they may eat at thy gates, and be filled; then thou shalt say before the Lord thy God, I have brought away the HALLOWED THINGS out of mine house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow according to all thy commandments which thou has commanded me: I have not transgressed thine commandments neither have I forgotten them:…
Acts 6:1 (KJV) and in those days, when the number of disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their WIDOWS were neglected in the DAILY MINISTRATION.
Even in the early church, there was DAILY MINISTRATION(DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS (GNB). There was actually food in that house. St Paul further clarified this by telling Timothy to make a list of widows(not a prayer list but FEEDING LIST) with well-defined qualification;
1 Tim 5:9 (GNB) do not add any widow to the list of widows unless she is over 60 years of age. In addition, she must have been married only once….
Permit me to say at this juncture that tithe is a hallowed(sacred) thing(should not be left in your house) and hence belongs to the “hallowed/sacred group”,
• THE LEVITE(THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE INHERITANCE WITH YOU),
• THE STRANGERS,
• THE FATHERLESS,
• AND THE WIDOW.
It is pertinent to state at this point that tithe is different from offering, vow, first fruit etc with a clearly defined mode of usage. It is a sacred thing belonging to the sacred group. Jesus said; I was hungry and you did not give me food; stranger and you did not take me in; thirsty and you did not give me drink etc. IT IS PURELY FOR FOOD(NOT ONLY TO EAT BUT TO BE FILLED) and NOT FOR BUILDING CHURCHES, SCHOOLS, EVANGELISM, CRUSADE, MISSIONS,ETC. if you have a counter RELEVANT scripture to this, kindly bring it on.
2. STORE HOUSE;
In the old testament, Jerusalem was the place where God chose to place His name (storehouse) but it evidently changed in the new testament;
Deut 14:22-23 (KJV) thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed …¬in the place which God shall choose to place his name there… (also see Deut 16:2-11)
But in the new testament, the temple (storehouse) has changed for Jesus declared;
Jn 4:21,23(KJV) Jesus said unto her, woman, believe me, the hour cometh when you shall neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.23 but the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.

1 cor 6:18(KJV)what? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you…
1 cor 3:9(KJV) …ye are God’s building.
what a paradox; the hallowed group has become the storehouse!

3. All the tithe;
All the afore-quoted scriptures in Deuteronomy mentioned “all the tithes”. So the question of “what percentage?” should not even arise. For those that claim it should be 40%, etc, should note that it should be a thing of personal conviction (Rom 14:1-7) and not taught as a sermon or doctrine because there is no scripture to support that. Remember the Berean Christians who would go back to search their scriptures if those things Paul taught were true; If you teach 40%, 20% etc as a sermon, which scripture should we search to check if they are true? Always remember; if it is not written, it is not written and it doesn’t matter who is teaching it.
CONCLUSION
Mk 10:24 (GNB) Jesus answered them, how wrong you are! And do you know why? It is because you don’t know the scriptures or God’s power. Tithe is a sacred thing and hence belongs to the sacred group; the Levites(not all of them but those who do not have inheritance among you),the stranger, the fatherless and the widow. The storehouse is no more a building made with hands but our bodies becoming the temples of the Holy Ghost. If you still maintain that your local assembly is the storehouse, there are no issues with that but let there be DAILY SHARING OF FOOD to the sacred group there. Else, identify the sacred group wherever they are and use the tithe to provide food for them. TITHE is not alms for every beggar in the street but for the sacred group as enunciated above. So then, those who do not do the good they know they should do are guilty of sin. Jam 4:17(GNB). Now that you have known, therefore thou art inexcusable o man …Rom 2:1a(KJV). For we can do nothing against the truth but for the truth. 2 Cor 13:8(KJV). You have been enlightened now, respond appropriately for condemnation is that light has come into the world but men love darkness rather than the light because their deeds are evil. Jn 3:19.
#SearchTheScriptures
#TheTruthShallMakeYouFree
#EndTheTitheSiege
Engr. Omeje I∙E(cjomeje1@gmail∙com)

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by simon3kwork: 10:55am On Dec 06, 2017
OP,send this to front page pls
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2017
instead of you to quote just one single bible verse to show us where Christians tithed you are here just ranting!!! arrant nonsense.Tithing was so important yet the apostles and the early church did not practise it?

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by Osezua: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8ycSJyh9U&t=1261s

Daddy Freeze Selfish Hidden Agenda On Tithing
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by gabe: 11:40am On Dec 06, 2017
these are worn out arguments that have been debunked again and again.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 06, 2017
sad

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by Osezua: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW3M5vZMzks

Biblical Response To Daddy Freeze On Tithing By Apostle Israel Jimah Part 2
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by Osezua: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-OgleMN65Y

Biblical Response To Daddy Freeze On Tithing By Apostle Israel Jimah Part 3
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by Osezua: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyw-A3z3BE

Biblical Response To Daddy Freeze On Tithing By Apostle Israel Jimah Part 4
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by petra1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
simon3kwork:
TITHING; THE NEW TESTAMENT APPROACH
The internet of late has been awash with issues on tithing with matters like “#freeTheSheeple, #QuoteJustOneScriptureInTheNEWTESTAMENT that says believers should tithe

1Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Elhven so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospe
l.

Very childish , The early church didn’t have another bible . It’s the law that was their bible . Topics in the epistle didn’t cover every detail of life . It only addressed matters arising . The law was still the guide they studied .

If you’re still looking for specific. Verse that says to tithe I will ask you to show me specific verse condemns incest (marrying family members )
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2017
petra1:

1[b] Corinthians 9:13-14[/b]
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Elhven so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospe
l.

Very childish , The early church didn’t have another bible . It’s the law that was their bible . Topics in the epistle didn’t cover every detail of life . It only addressed matters arising . The law was still the guide they studied .

If you’re still looking for specific. Verse that says to tithe I will ask you to show me specific verse condemns incest (marrying family members )

grin grin grin grin grin bros abeg no vex Its just that we are looking for that specific verse.We are done with the jewish law as the scripture clearly tells us.So unless you can provide that specific verse in the verse where Christians tithed or where asked to tithe you don't have any point
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by Osezua: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin grin bros abeg no vex Its just that we are looking for that specific verse.We are done with the jewish law as the scripture clearly tells us.So unless you can provide that specific verse in the verse where Christians tithed or where asked to tithe you don't have any point
Take time to watch the videos above. You will comprehend.
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by fellowman: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
simon3kwork

you quoted the Bible but you changed it. I want to advice you to stop changing scripture

this is what you wrote...

Mtt 23:23-24(NLT) “what sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law- justice, mercy and faith : these ought ye to have done,

where did Jesus say we should tithe money here?

secondly do you know that Jesus did not pay the temple tax, he didn't even pay it out of his own pocket i.e the money Judas was holding.

you can visit my thread to have a better understanding

https://www.nairaland.com/4215508/tithing-not-eternal-principle
Re: Open Letter To @daddyfreeze On Tithing Just To Bail Out The Church by ofai: 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
fellowman:
simon3kwork

you quoted the Bible but you changed it. I want to advice you to stop changing scripture

this is what you wrote...

Mtt 23:23-24(NLT) “what sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law- justice, mercy and faith : these ought ye to have done,

where did Jesus say we should tithe money here?

secondly do you know that Jesus did not pay the temple tax, he didn't even pay it out of his own pocket i.e the money Judas was holding.

you can visit my thread to have a better understanding

https://www.nairaland.com/4215508/tithing-not-eternal-principle

Oga you have no point.....your semantics aint even coherent. OP has done justice to the issue of tithing.

(1) (Reply)

Bashorun Gaa: Oyo-ile’s Unforgotten Tyrant And His End / Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against Gov't - Stephanie Otobo / "Pastors Live On Blood Money, I Feels Ashamed I Was A Pastor" - Ex Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.