Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE (2096 Views)

Meet The Nigerian Wrestler Making Waves In The WWE / Racism in the WWE. How blacks are undermined / Real Madrid Also Winning In The WWE Championship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2017
The World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is a sports entertainment show which is the largest wrestling promotion, not only in the USA but here in Nigeria.

So, here, are the things you probably didn't know about your favorite wrestling promotion, WWE.
Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2017
Ownership

WWE was founded by Vince McMahon and his wife Linda McMahon. It's currently run by Vince McMahon who is the chairman and CEO, his daughter Stephanie McMahon who is the Chief Brand Officer and son-in-law Paul "Triple H" Levesque who is the Executive President of live events and creatives and together they see the day to day activities of the WWE.

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
It's A Scripted Show

The shows done by the WWE is based on entertainment which features storylines that are scripted and matches that are choreographed, the moves these wrestlers do in the ring takes years of practice to perfect and do safely to avoid the risks of injuries. Who wins and how a match ends is predetermined.

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
Kayfabe

This is the portrayal of staged events in pro wrestling as true or real. Kayfabe covers the fact that the matches are scripted to happen and that the wrestlers portrays a certain character during the show. A wrestler going against his or her character is considered to have broken kayfabe. Kayfabe was strongly maintained fit decades and since the world is now literally a global village, the pro wrestling industry has become less concerned in protecting backstage secrets and only occasionally maintain kayfabe during shows.

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
Examples Of Kayfabe In The WWE

[b]**[/b]Faces and Heels

•Faces are the hero like, good guys character who are loved by the crowd e.g Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, dean Ambrose, Sasha Banks, Bayley and do on.

•Heels are known as the villains, the antagonists and are hated by the audience e.g Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Alexa Bliss and so on

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by Pojomojo: 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
yeah
Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
Kayfabe Injuries

Another type of kayfabe are the injuries occurs in two ways, for a storyline or to put a wrestler off of TV for some time. If you are current with the product, you'd notice Curtis Axel wearing a neck brace but still gets beat up a lot and surprisingly not die cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
The Undertaker Wasn't Really Buried Alive

The "dead man" wasn't actually buried alive. If you watch his buried alive matches with Mick Foley and Kane you will notice that the hole is built on a
platform. There is a trap door at the bottom of
the hole they slip through to be underneath the
platform. You will also notice they don't have
the camera viewing inside the hole while it is
being filled. That way people are lead to think
whoever is in the hole has been buried. It's was just a good old magic trick. Watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWab-9yC9bg
lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by magabounce(m): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2017
Busted!!!!
We sha know...
Coz I did a wrestling move wf ma bro.. We got bedridden for a week

2 Likes

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
Regardless, it's a fun show, you get to walk a journey with your favorite wrestlers and I seriously can wait for the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania next year cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2017
magabounce:
Busted!!!! We sha know... Coz I did a wrestling move wf ma bro.. We got bedridden for a week
shocked
Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by maskamdo(m): 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2017
I have been telling all d dumbos in my house for years that this WWE stuffs are stage managed..

But them no dey hear, so I just left them to thier devices and blocked HEADS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by Machinemayana(m): 9:10am On Dec 15, 2017
YES WE KNOW all this.. But what you didn't mention was that. All the stunts done in the ring are REAL, e.g like the Standing back flip, like the flying samoa nd more.. Most injuries are real not disputing the fact dat some Kayfabe comes into in some injuries... E.g John cena broken Nose REAL as f**k, The miz broken tooth against AJ STYLES, It affected his On screen appearance of other shows which wwe compensated him for that... Seth rollins fractured knees against d big show...My point: It scripted very visible, But No pretense like a Nigerian movie were you not shot but you bandage ur head to ur toe, SIMPLE explanation: It no Film trick, You're paid to collect pain. When i was growing up i tried the STONE cold stunner i almost killed my brother hahahah

4 Likes

Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by Machinemayana(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2017
Machinemayana:
YES WE KNOW all this.. But what you didn't mention was that. All the stunts done in the ring are REAL, e.g like the Standing back flip, like the flying samoa nd more.. Most injuries are real not disputing the fact dat some Kayfabe comes into in some injuries... John cena broken Nose REAL as f**k, The miz broken tooth against AJ STYLES, It affected his On screen appearance of other shows which wwe compensated him for that... Seth rollins fractured knees against d big show...My point: It scripted very visible, But No pretense like a Nigerian movie were you not shot but you bandage ur head to ur toe, SIMPLE explanation: It no Film trick, You're paid to collect pain. When i was growing up i tried the STONE cold stunner i almost killed my brother hahahah
Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
angry

∆ We know now... Nothing can stop me from watching wrestling. ∆
Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by earthsync(f): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2017
Machinemayana:
YES WE KNOW all this.. But what you didn't mention was that. All the stunts done in the ring are REAL, e.g like the Standing back flip, like the flying samoa nd more.. Most injuries are real not disputing the fact dat some Kayfabe comes into in some injuries... E.g John cena broken Nose REAL as f**k, The miz broken tooth against AJ STYLES, It affected his On screen appearance of other shows which wwe compensated him for that... Seth rollins fractured knees against d big show...My point: It scripted very visible, But No pretense like a Nigerian movie were you not shot but you bandage ur head to ur toe, SIMPLE explanation: It no Film trick, You're paid to collect pain. When i was growing up i tried the STONE cold stunner i almost killed my brother hahahah

yeah you are right, I remember when I did the undertaker tomb stone on my sister when I was younger I almost disjointed her neck, God see fear that day.
Re: Things You Probably Didn't Know About The WWE by Edopesin: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
maskamdo:
I have been telling all d dumbos in my house for years that this WWE stuffs are stage managed..

But them no dey hear, so I just left them to thier devices and blocked HEADS.
When I Was Secondary School We Argue This Thing Ehn
I Will Even Try To Be In The Same Page With Them And Say It Is SOME THAT IS REAL

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Stepover King Of All Times In Football? / Funniest Chelsea Fc Troll After Sheffield Fc Loss( Video) / Larsson Slams 'idiotic' Wenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.