Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development (2033 Views)

Worried About My 1year Marriage! / My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / I'm Worried About My Son's Behaviour. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
I Have a younger bro of 18, who used to b an introvert, and timid, but recently, he changed completely, it's like we(my parents n other siblings doesn't know him anymore)

Someone who cries at harsh words said to him by mum n dad, and would feel d pains for a long time.

Recently, Dad gave him a slap, he was so bold to stand his ground this time n faced dad and everyone in the house was surprised at his behavior. It's like he just reformed.

On a normal day, when dad speaks or talks to him he'd b pained n cry. But now, he talks back without fear and even dad is surprised. Just this evening dad was comparing him to cousins and he broke out and began to compare his earlier personality to dad n how beta he was than dad when dad was his age and how beta he is than those people he's been compared to. Dude now fearless, dunno if we should b worried or not.
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nancy2016: 7:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
Cutefine02:
I Have a younger bro of 18, who used to b an introvert, and timid, but recently, he changed completely, it's like we(my parents n other siblings doesn't know him anymore)

Someone who cries at harsh words said to him by mum n dad, and would feel d pains for a long time.

Recently, Dad gave him a slap, he was so bold to stand his ground this time n faced dad and everyone in the house was surprised at his behavior. It's like he just reformed.

On a normal day, when dad speaks or talks to him he'd b pained n cry. But now, he talks back without fear and even dad is surprised. Just this evening dad was comparing him to cousins and he broke out and began to compare his earlier personality to dad n how beta he was than dad when dad was his age and how beta he is than those people he's been compared to. Dude now fearless, dunno if we should b worried or not.

I do not think that you should be worried about your brother. He is now an adult and should be treated as one. Instead of slapping him, your father should have communicated his displeasure verbally. Communication is the key. Treat him with respect and I am sure it will be reciprocated.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by BornAgainMay: 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2017
Abeg leave dust for bin..
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Richy4(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
He has been pushed to the wall long enough my dear...There's a saying that if you push a kid dangerously, a dangerous swear words will proceed from his mouth...

I think you should be worried about your family that feels hitting an 18yr old was still in vogue.. You said he was an introvert, why didn't your dad just talked to him with a serious tone of voice...I know that introverts takes correction if spoken to more than the extroverts .or he practically enjoyed it when the lad cries; that making him feel that he was still in-charge..

10 Likes

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by lalanice(f): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
people eventually get to a wall. he's probably gotten to his

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by uboma(m): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
Cutefine02:

calling children names and comparing them with others is a NO NO.

Poor parenting I must say.

Your brother's sudden behavioral change is only a reaction to the poor parental care he is receiving.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
It's a psychological thing. I think he feels the need to be respected. Your parents need to have a sit-down with him apologizing for some slaps and harsh words he myt have received in the past that affected him, also telling him they respect him and his opinions but he also needs to respect them. He has probably been pushed to the wall

3 Likes

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by azelab: 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2017
age of 18years... what a nonsense, your father never give him correct and mature beating that is why he could reply your daddy without being panic... apologizing to such a child will totally spoil him even if they didn't have right under Nigeria legal system to beat him, he didn't suppose to show irrespective attitude toward his parents.

Let his mum call his attention to his mistake and he should be ordered to go and apologize to dad because whatever he did today to his parent might be what his children will do to him tomorrow.

thank God say no be me be his father, I for give him correct and adequate beating.
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by eyinjuege: 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
I'm so happy for your brother.. its a good thing for one to always stand up for himself

But you also have to consider the possibility he might have joined a cult too.

3 Likes

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Acidosis(m): 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
Cult things

3 Likes

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by ONY3KAH(m): 11:46pm On Dec 06, 2017
Your bro fit don join cult.... try investigate

3 Likes

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by SKhanmi: 11:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
An introvert?, i don't say he's not been frustrated but you should definitely check the group he's rolling with, might be all those bros. And mind you if you don't find a way to nip it in the bud now, it's really going to get worse, expect physical aggravation next
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 07, 2017
There's always a reason when people change behaviour. His might be due to his experiences in your house (like if y'all were tough on him and/or bulied him while growing up and based on your post this was probably true) or outside (he's 18 and is now probably meeting all sort of influences outside).
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 07, 2017
eyinjuege:
I'm so happy for your brother.. its a good thing for one to always stand up for himself

But you also have to consider the possibility he might have joined a cult too.

i have done d invstigation shit. But he still that cool, loving kind hearted guy he used to b. Just that he still respects dad a lot, but whenever something are said to him, he will talk back. I knda feel pity for him. I think he was really pushed to d wall
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 07, 2017
ONY3KAH:
Your bro fit don join cult.... try investigate
you wont say someone who wouldnt wanna leave home on daily basis is now a cultist. He is always home, tryna make tinx happen. He is great at coding, and would rather stare at his system than b any where
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by earthsync(f): 10:06am On Dec 07, 2017
being an introvert, people tend to take advantage of you because of your calm nature and a time would come when you're pushed to limit and you'll have to fight for yourself which is what your brother is doing and which is pretty good, stand your ground and let everyone know your limits.

5 Likes

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2017
Lol that's the rebel and spiteful attitude that comes with adolescent. This is the most dangerous phase of his life, A phase that can make him or break him.

I have a few questions.

Did you guys just move to a new neighborhood?

What kind of friends does he hang around?

What does he watch mostly on TV?

Check his Facebook timeline, if he is the type that wild out online, He's just acting his age.

Monitor his activities with the opposite sex, the more he gets involved with girls at this age, the more he grows ego. Much worst if he already start having sex.

The only remedy out his current mind state is higher learning. I mean higher institution, his young crude mind needs to be refined.
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Prognose: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2017
Why don't you simply ask him?

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by SirKriz(m): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2017
This Nigerian Society hardly respect young people. Your dad treats him like a nobody, who has no rights in the house and to make matters worse still slap him and talk to him like a dumb kid with no brain.

Let your dad continue, and watch him leave the house completely. He already has enough skills (coding) to survive on his own, whether for a good cause or a bad one. He's at the time of his life where he should be asking questions and making reasonable and properly guided decisions for himself. And the best your dad can do is to subject him to abuse (physical and emotional) and show lack of understanding. Well done, at the end of the day you would have created a monster.

I don't know if it's a crime to do things logically and talk to young people respectfully.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by ADUNOKIKI(f): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2017
Your Dad is frustrating him with his words and action. Glad he can speak for himself. Its better than him committing suicide.

1 Like

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 08, 2017
aaronson:
Lol that's the rebel and spiteful attitude that comes with adolescent. This is the most dangerous phase of his life, A phase that can make him or break him.

I have a few questions.

Did you guys just move to a new neighborhood?

What kind of friends does he hang around?

What does he watch mostly on TV?

Check his Facebook timeline, if he is the type that wild out online, He's just acting his age.

Monitor his activities with the opposite sex, the more he gets involved with girls at this age, the more he grows ego. Much worst if he already start having sex.

The only remedy out his current mind state is higher learning. I mean higher institution, his young crude mind needs to be refined.

New neighbourhood? No

Friends, No. Barely keeps friend. He is an introvert

He watches Action Movies and discovery channel.

His last timeline updates was on blogging
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2017
ADUNOKIKI:
Your Dad is frustrating him with his words and action. Glad he can speak for himself. Its better than him committing suicide.
he has attemptd that ones
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2017
Prognose:
Why don't you simply ask him?

did that, he is now a completely changed person as i remeber, He is always doing thing to make a simplier future for himself claiming soon would come, he wont call anyone at homw and ask for a kobo. Funny enof he barely ask for his needs
Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
Mtchhhhew

Why are you worried?

Your parents received what they created. They turned him to who he is now. Just look at this

How he was from the beginning

"used to b an introvert, and timid"

"Someone who cries at harsh words said to him by mum n dad, and would feel d pains for a long time."

Attack
"On a normal day, when dad speaks or talks to him he'd b pained n cry"

Defence
"But now, he talks back without fear and even dad is surprised."

Attack
"Just this evening dad was comparing him to cousins"

Defence
"and he broke out and began to compare his earlier personality to dad n how beta he was than dad when dad was his age and how beta he is than those people he's been compared to."

Your parents abused him emotionally and physically. Of course most Nigerians will see nothing wrong in this. It's the norm. Teachers abuse students, police abuse citizens, parents abuse children.I don't know why you all seem surprised. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. He's already IMMUNE to the attacks, you've been hurting him so much, HE DOESN'T GIVE A F anymore.

And finally this is the result

"Dude now fearless, dunno if we should b worried or not"

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should We Be Worried About My Younger Brother New Development by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
lovelygurl:
Mtchhhhew

Why are you worried?

Your parents received what they created. They turned him to who he is now. Just look at this

How he was from the beginning

"used to b an introvert, and timid"

"Someone who cries at harsh words said to him by mum n dad, and would feel d pains for a long time."

Attack
"On a normal day, when dad speaks or talks to him he'd b pained n cry"

Defence
"But now, he talks back without fear and even dad is surprised."

Attack
"Just this evening dad was comparing him to cousins"

Defence
"and he broke out and began to compare his earlier personality to dad n how beta he was than dad when dad was his age and how beta he is than those people he's been compared to."

Your parents abused him emotionally and physically. Of course most Nigerians will see nothing wrong in this. It's the norm. Teachers abuse students, police abuse citizens, parents abuse children.I don't know why you all seem surprised. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. He's already IMMUNE to the attacks, you've been hurting him so much, HE DOESN'T GIVE A F anymore.

And finally this is the result

"Dude now fearless, dunno if we should b worried or not"

i see, this opened my eyes alot, called him privately n had a chat agn, he has been more open. I really wanna help him, what do u think i do

(1) (Reply)

Online Romance - How Nigerian Woman And American Guy Met Each Other Over The Net / Wearing Your Wedding Band As A Widow/widower / Is A 13-year Old Girl Too Young To Carry A Designer Bag Around?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.