Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) (44330 Views)

AFCON 2023 Semi-Final Nigeria Vs South Africa Today Wed. Feb 7th 6:00 PM / Ballon D'or 2018 Live Thread / Anthony Joshua Defeats Joseph Parker (Live Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2017
maybrowne:
Ronaldo equals Messi

5 a piece

We think alike ..ijusr put this up as my dp like 10 mins ago
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by willjoe: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2017
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
Messi fanboy.

1. History would ask how a Ronaldo keenly contested the most individual coveted prize in football against your all time great such that he won it just as the same amount as him.
2. History would ask how a young, charismatic, onetime Lisbon player took the Premier League by storm to become a force, left for Spain to become a phenom.
3. History would ask how Ronaldo scored 50 goals in six consecutive seasons in the same league Messi is known for when he clearly could not do same.
4. History would ask how a Ronaldo was the first player in the history of the La liga to score against every team in a single season where Messi had been playing prior his arrival in 2009.
5. History would ask why Ronaldo won a senior national silverware while your so-called all time great cost his team a final by shooting a penalty kick into the sky, cried like a sissy and announced his retirement because he could not handle failure.
6. History would also ask why Ronaldo was announced the most complete footballer alive when Messi played in his era.
7. History would ask why Messi refused to play elsewhere but Barcelona while Ronaldo moved from Lisbon to Manchester United, became the club's iconic star and moved to Real to become goalkeeper's nightmare.
8. History would ask how a Ronaldo overtook Messi in the Champions League all time scoring chart to become its all time goal scorer.

Ronaldo would not only go down as an inspiration to players who are not regarded, but would be regarded as the best thing to happen to goal scoring feats in modern day football. One word best describe him and that is GENUIS.

Educate yourself, biko: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_FIFA_Football_Awards

Mynd44
Mukina2
Lalasticlala
fanboy? You irk me son. Clearly u'r the fanboy. Ronaldo is a great player, yes. But he'l never be in the debate of GOAT. Only Messi, Pele, Maradona will over run the discuss. Chew that you fanboy!

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2017
maybrowne:
Ronaldo equals Messi
5 a piece
Lobatan..... Abeg where that fellow that wanted to delete her moniker if Ronaldo so wins?

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Draei:

#Smh! You guys ain't ashamed an inch. He is
younger but still, the older just man leveled
him up down from 4-1 to 5-5? Go sleep biko.

Why should i be ashamed of the fact that competition between both guys in the last decade has made them a better player? Opinion differs on who is the greatest. They are both tied so deal with it

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by giwish(m): 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
MickyBlaq2:

guess u weren't following football wen the likes of hazard against all odds lead Chelsea to champions league glory, wen zlatan(even if he didn't win the champs league) scored 50 plus goals in a season, wen buffon who helped juve to the champs league final, won the Italian league and cup consectively failed to b included in the top 3 in a season wen the eventual winner can b declared out of form... THINK THIS UP BRO

hazard led chelsea to champions league victorym confused bro

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Intrepid01(m): 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
lazygal:

What do u mean send off I don't like your choice of word explain your self before u see me this night for dream

Lol...what a joke....as much as i hate to admit it, I feel it it's last.

Ronaldo just said he wants 7 Balon d'or and 7 Kids.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
Icon79:
Only two classes of people would claim that Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Messi:
Class 1: Women who don't give a hoot about how the game is played. They just like to see the "pretty boy win".
Class 2: Real Madrid fans who think that everything is about Real Madrid vs Barcelona.

Everyone else knows that there's no contest between Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi is the greatest of all time, Cristiano Ronaldo is not even the best Ronaldo to have played the game grin

O pari

Typical you just can't lose honorably can you? You can say what you wanna say .... This was clear from beginning I can confidently say mist knew Cr would wind
Right here on nairaland only a few of you losers were claiming otherwise .mstop this self deceit and join us or keep quiet
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by FTrebirth(m): 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2017
JSMMUYIWA:

Why don't you see the log of wood in your team's eyes before pointing at tooth pick on another?
Remove yours first,then you might clearly see others.
Your comeback against PSG was apparently the greatest bias officiating,I've ever seen!!
Game decider or winner is 80% = Single handed brilliance.....Deal with it!!
Madrid-CR7 would have had a mediocre campaign as had Barcelona....
Cr7 made the difference!!

and if i ask you what went wrong in the match against PSG you'd say it's the penalties abi?

but you would not want to talk about the clear ojoro with the help of paid referees that you used to win bayern abi?

in both your home and away matches bayern took the lead, but somewhere along the road the ref would have to show a bayern player red card and award you a penalty. go and check it! you played against 10 men in both and you were awarded penalty kicks.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
willjoe:
fanboy? You irk me son. Clearly u'r the fanboy. Ronaldo is a great player, yes. But he'l never be in the debate of GOAT. Only Messi, Pele, Maradona will over run the discuss. Chew that you fanboy!

Hmmm .. Na so this pain you finish ? Let me predict ..messi will retire early ..Rinaldo will go on to become legend
Loses will always say if not that messi retired early

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Draei: 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
Kingofrudy:

Why should i be ashamed of the fact that competition between both guys in the last decade has made them a better player? Opinion differs on who is the greatest. They are both tied so deal with it
Clearly you and your other uefalona fanatics
are the ones struggling so hard to deal with
the fact that he just caught up with your dwarf.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2017
hardeycute:
Lots of chances?? do you think this is a super eagles discussion that you can apply your sentiments and with no regards to facts?

Taking games by the scruff? Like he did losing 3 consecutive major finals right ?

Tap in goals?How many other players output is like that of his ?or you know nothing about positioning.

You better continue with your Nigeria unprofessional league analysis
Boom!!
Icon79....Lemme hear you congratulate my boy,Cr7....grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lordthree(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2017
MickyBlaq2:

guess u weren't following football wen the likes of hazard against all odds lead Chelsea to champions league glory, wen zlatan(even if he didn't win the champs league) scored 50 plus goals in a season, wen buffon who helped juve to the champs league final, won the Italian league and cup consectively failed to b included in the top 3 in a season wen the eventual winner can b declared out of form... THINK THIS UP BRO
Hazard wasn't at Chelsea when we won the Champions league Bros grin cheesy grin

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
Intrepid01:

Lol...what a joke....as much as i hate to admit it, I feel it it's last.

Ronaldo just said he wants 7 Balon d'or and 7 Kids.

I don't like this your comment undecided...what kind of evil comment is this ?
Rinaldo will get his wish ..he deserves it.he works so hard and gets the end result .even if he doesn't win next year he will still win again
God will bless him with more .
Bad belle every where

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JamesReacher(m): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
FTrebirth:

and if i ask you what went wrong in the match against PSG you'd say it's the penalties abi?

but you would not want to talk about the clear ojoro with the help of paid referees that you used to win bayern abi?

in both your home and away matches bayern took the lead, but somewhere along the road the ref would have to show a bayern player red card and award you a penalty. go and check it! you played against 10 men in both and you were awarded penalty kicks.
Pls tell me if Martinez foul wasn't worth a red card pls angry

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by BlueAngel444: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
KingsleyA2:
If not for corruption messi is supposed to have only 3 ballon d'or. he stole that of iniesta when he won the world cup plus everything messi won that year and he stole that of snidjer as well. Ronaldo is the greatest of all time jor. we all know that messi is great but its glaringly obvious that Ronaldo is the all time greatest.

If not that this is a comment eh, it should be taken to the front page.

Those Baffoons will still be telling you Messi is younger than Ronaldo, you will now think they are talking about Neymar

Wake up Messi is 30 forget his baby face.

They both need to be ban from the awards self, they should go and carry the WC. Thank God Fifa D'or has stopped.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Ijaya123: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
I understand your exceptional LOVE for C.Ronaldo. But prove all you want, wail all you want. Messi is still superior to C.Ronaldo in football. He's the king and doctor of football.

Says who? And where are the facts?
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by OVA200(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
Guy please let stop this argument because many of us don't know the yardstick for tipping someone as the best and we often miss being the best and being the greatest together, and most time we let our love for either of them to be cloud us, most people will be saying Messi can dribble, he is not selfish, he is a team player and another will be saying Ronaldo can score at anywhere, he got great positioning, he can score with all his body and that's​ not all what it takes to be the greatest but you can use those attributes to be the best.

MY OWN OPINION ON WHO IS THE BEST:Messi is a better player between the two because he seems to understand football better he can influence and win match alone, he hardly disappoint on big occasions and doesn't rely on anybody to prove his own mark any day and if you are watching Messi play you will think football is so easy to play but Ronaldo can't influence game alone anymore but can win it, he can't dribble anymore but that's not his fault though due to age and height it is normal (can Ibrahimovic, crouch, carroll dribblewith their age? NO) but if you are watching Ronaldo you won't be overwhelm but seeing his stat you will be like wow, so I think Messi is better (you might oppose though)

MY OPINION ON WHO IS THE GREATEST: Concerning the greatest between them as of today (we can't say what will happen tomorrow) I will go with Ronaldo because when considering the greatest they put your attributes aside and look at what you have achieved (valuable achievement) and concerning achievement Ronaldo achieved something that is very valuable like highest goal scorer in Europe all time, over 100 goals in Europe premier competition, 600 career goals, win everything in different countries etc these achievements are very interesting and appalling, am not saying Messi did not achieved tangible thing o but in term of tangible achievement he is a step behind Ronaldo.If you don't agreed let just imagine Ronaldo winning his 5th balon d'or and 2018 world cup and Messi remain the same way he is, don't let deceive ourselves the debate of being the greatest will be gone, so people won't consider the way you gather your achievement anymore but what exactly is the achievement in particular, remember people are no more talking about how Maradona and Pele sum up their records but people are talking about the achievement as a whole, so for me Ronaldo is the greatest as of today ( you can also oppose it though)
Coming from a Chelsea fan and also Ronaldo fanboy but also Messi admirer.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Sanchez01: 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2017
Kingofrudy:

The odds are in messi's favor due to barca's performance this season. Though the season is still young if barca ends up winning the league and coupled with messi's effort at single handledly handing Argentina the world cup ticket, he might end up winning it if Argentina does well in the world cup
I'm sorry, bro but the problem with most Barcelona fans is that they don't understand football or how it works.

The qualification match that Messi allegedly played on his own against an eleven man team to hand Argentina a ticket to the world cup was played while voting of today's Ballon d'or was done. In other words, it won't count as part of next year's ballon d'or performance.

Besides, the decider of the next Ballon d'or would be the World Cup and not necessarily the Champions League, even though FIFA and the French Ballon d'Or body have gone their separate ways.

Messi and Ronaldo would need to do more than win the Champions League to land it this time and this might just introduce another winner beyond the both of them.

The Champions League and Club League won't count much. Don't forget that Madrid still has the club World Cup to play.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
ojtech8291:
Ronaldo deserves it but the way some people argue about these men baffled me. undecided kiss undecided

Foot ball for you...I love the fact that its a game that unites all races and religions ..am sure for some minutes boko haram and soldiers might discuss football before commencing war
Hala Madrid

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by MickyBlaq2: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
lordthree:

Hazard wasn't at Chelsea when we won the Champions league Bros grin cheesy grin
sorry bro..
wanted to talk of our man who scored the equalising and winning penalty goal 'drogba'
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
OVA200:
Guy please let stop this argument because many of us don't know the yardstick for tipping someone as the best and we often miss being the best and being the greatest together, and most time we let our love for either of them to be cloud us, most people will be saying Messi can dribble, he is not selfish, he is a team player and another will be saying Ronaldo can score at anywhere, he got great positioning, he can score with all his body and that's​ not all what it takes to be the greatest but you can use those attributes to be the best.

MY OWN OPINION ON WHO IS THE BEST:Messi is a better player between the two because he seems to understand football better he can influence and win match alone, he hardly disappoint on big occasions and doesn't rely on anybody to prove his own mark any day and if you are watching Messi play you will think football is so easy to play but Ronaldo can't influence game alone anymore but can win it, he can't dribble anymore but that's not his fault though due to age and height it is normal (can Ibrahimovic, crouch, carroll dribblewith their age? NO) but if you are watching Ronaldo you won't be overwhelm but seeing his stat you will be like wow, so I think Messi is better (you might oppose though)

MY OPINION ON WHO IS THE GREATEST: Concerning the greatest between them as of today (we can't say what will happen tomorrow) I will go with Ronaldo because when considering the greatest they put your attributes aside and look at what you have achieved (valuable achievement) and concerning achievement Ronaldo achieved something that is very valuable like highest goal scorer in Europe all time, over 100 goals in Europe premier competition, 600 career goals, win everything in different countries etc these achievements are very interesting and appalling, am not saying Messi did not achieved tangible thing o but in term of tangible achievement he is a step behind Ronaldo.If you don't agreed let just imagine Ronaldo winning his 5th balon d'or and 2018 world cup and Messi remain the same way he is, don't let deceive ourselves the debate of being the greatest will be gone, so people won't consider the way you gather your achievement anymore but what exactly is the achievement in particular, remember people are no more talking about how Maradona and Pele sum up their records but people are talking about the achievement as a whole, so for me Ronaldo is the greatest as of today ( you can also oppose it though)
Coming from a Chelsea fan and also Ronaldo fanboy but also Messi admirer.

This long epistle sef.
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by OVA200(m): 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2017
This year stat they are still level, Ronaldo deserves it

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Ojim07(m): 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2017
Kingofrudy:

Messi did 5 before him so no big deal. They are currently tied and messi is younger than Ronaldo. So messi might probably end up with the highest balloon diors in subsequent awards

keep consoling yourself cheesy
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by OVA200(m): 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2017
lazygal:

This long epistle sef.
I carefully compose it, it may help if you can read it
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2017
FTrebirth:

Vidal wanted to give a junior player a career breaking injury double foot to the shin not ball.What do you call that?After several earlier warnings on him.He was simply rough in play and worth the red.
I can recollect of those moments Nani was redcarded against Madrid raising boot high as close to an on rushing opponent player,who was barely scratched.United scored first,lose the match with 10 men.Margin was 2-1.
You have to leave sentiment to judge decisions of officiating.
Your match against PSG was easily brought to accomplish a comeback, courtesy Ref biasness.

See your ref below.... hanging leg up,a barca fan he is?

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by lazygal: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
OVA200:
I carefully compose it, it may help if you can read it

Okay I will do that
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by FTrebirth(m): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
JamesReacher:
Pls tell me if Martinez foul wasn't worth a red card pls angry

ramos also tripped a bayern player in the box and the ref turned a blind eye.

arturo vidal was also shown a straight red for a yellow card offense...and you know he's a major player.

the ref had to intervene to save madrid whenever bayern was taking the lead...and not until then did you penaldo's shadow was seen in the field.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by spy24(m): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
willjoe:

Messi is not even the greatest in his own country
let me tell u outside barca messi achievement Is minimal

Every where ronaldo has gone he has left a mark

And for those players u put up there ronaldo is better than them they can't play nowadays football

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Draei: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2017
FTrebirth:

arturo vidal was also shown a straight red for a yellow card offense...and you know he's a major player.

the ref had to intervene to save madrid whenever bayern was taking the lead...and not until then did you penaldo's shadow was seen in the field.
But sending off Ronaldo in the Spanish Cup
against Cancerlona was fair right? You Meshit
fans all know the S.I unit of 'Ojoro' is Barcelona.

Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by Ikmontana1: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2017
FTrebirth:

stop living in d past bro..enjoy d present.. cristiano ronaldo.. best in d world ..hala Madrid..
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by OVA200(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2017
lazygal:

Okay I will do that
Okay
Re: Ballon D'or 2017 Live Thread (Thursday December 7th @ 6:45pm) by OVA200(m): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2017
FTrebirth:

Arturo Vidal was shown 2 yellow cards for different foul

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie And Osita Iheme (Pawpaw) At The 2017 DNC Unity Cup / Top 10 Premier League Stars Who Drive Reasonably Priced Cars / Delta Queens Football Club's Bus Attacked By Fulani Herdsmen

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72