Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

"I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic (41821 Views)

Men Still Make Advances At Me Despite Being Married – Actress Bimbo Adebayo / Actress Rita Dominic Looks Ageless In New Beauty Portraits [PICS] / Actress Rita Dominic Stuns In New Makeup Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by maasoap(m): 7:23am On Dec 07, 2017
RichieBrown:
If I say you're a fool now you'll say I've started again. How can you so easily conclude that she'd regret later. Inability to humble herself and submit is the real reason why she is still single? You toast am? Odoyo!!! Y'all make it look like without marriage a woman cannot be accomplished. Fucking sexist, I hate people like you. Na your kind go enter another thread they form educated.
Stop names calling my friend, just make your own point and move on.
Who is talking about accomplishment? You never see people with loneliness?
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by mployer(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2017
Houseofglam7:
Wetin concern me

Husband fall on me jor

I am here smiley

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2017
No one wants to live with you anyway...deal with it.
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Johnrake69: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2017
queenfav:
Whatever rocks her boat.. Afterall, not everyone was destined to marry. As for me, i can't live alone anymore!Loneliness is bad and depressing , trust me on that!

The world is all coupled up, even some restaurants are against a lady dining alone. They will assume she came to hustle guys.If she is truly happy and comfortable with living alone, it's cool then. Most times single women say things like this to console themselves when the right guy isn't forthcoming.
Finally it all boils down to personal desire and what makes one happy. For me, getting married would make me happy because i don't want to go through life all by myself.
I want to have kids, I want to have a partner I can bare my soul to,someone who cares about me deeply, someone I can plan with and do things together! Marriage is however not something that you should rush into Because all your friends are married or you feel pressured to. I am glad Rita is emotionally strong to wait for the right man.The pressure to marry isn't funny, I can imagine all she is going through from family members.
If the person doesn't make you deliriously happy, if you don't look forward to a life with them, if you don't smile so hard till your cheeks hurt when having conversations. Don't bother at all! Whether getting married or remaining single for life,your happiness and peace of mind is the ultimate goal!

I admire you already smiley wink. Great write up
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by opribo(m): 7:28am On Dec 07, 2017
She can't bring that rubbish here, is it not a mother that gave birth to her. She must have her own children too and in time to avoid regrets.

Failure to do that, she will be branded a witch in her old age who ate up all her children.
If she wants to live that type of 'rádàrádà' life let her just relocate to America that's where they welcome such. we don't welcome rubbish here. Haba, and she is even saying it openly. What is wrong with all these girls of nowadays sef.

That's how they do after wasting precious time chasing vanity they now be looking for a small boy to wreck his life.
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by nams77: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2017
Evablizin:
undecided

OP your title is misleading,based on what i read from your post i didn't see anything like"i will continue living by my own rather than get married"
I thought I was the only one that noticed that.other posters just running to conclusions without reading. It is really true that if you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by greypencils: 7:29am On Dec 07, 2017
queenfav:
Whatever rocks her boat.. Afterall, not everyone was destined to marry. As for me, i can't live alone anymore!Loneliness is bad and depressing , trust me on that!

The world is all coupled up, even some restaurants are against a lady dining alone. They will assume she came to hustle guys.If she is truly happy and comfortable with living alone, it's cool then. Most times single women say things like this to console themselves when the right guy isn't forthcoming.
Finally it all boils down to personal desire and what makes one happy. For me, getting married would make me happy because i don't want to go through life all by myself.
I want to have kids, I want to have a partner I can bare my soul to,someone who cares about me deeply, someone I can plan with and do things together! Marriage is however not something that you should rush into Because all your friends are married or you feel pressured to. I am glad Rita is emotionally strong to wait for the right man.The pressure to marry isn't funny, I can imagine all she is going through from family members.
If the person doesn't make you deliriously happy, if you don't look forward to a life with them, if you don't smile so hard till your cheeks hurt when having conversations. Don't bother at all! Whether getting married or remaining single for life,your happiness and peace of mind is the ultimate goal!
Feel you.
I am 30. And a guy and i am having my share of the family talk talk. I can imagine how it is for ladies and when they are older too.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by pastorcyrus(m): 7:30am On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=Quelle post=63049242]Nigerian actress Rita Dominic finds herself among the successful women finding it very difficult to settle down with a man. The beautiful actress has disclosed in an interview with a Nigerian magazine on the reason why she is still single at age 42.

The Nigerian versatile actress revealed that it is sometimes awkward looking at the societal pressures as to when she is getting married and all that even though she doesn’t give ears to such pressures. She rightly stated that she would commit to marriage on her own terms and conditions and not succumb to unnecessary pressures from society.

“I will live with the man, so it is very important that I do it because I want to, not because society wants it for me”, Rita said.

She expressed optimism that she would marry soon, saying, “I believe that God is in control of my life and will present the right man to me at the right time”.

On the question of whether she was currently dating, she said, “I do date sometimes when someone comes around.

“I love being totally drawn to someone and doing all the loving things couples do, but I am wary of liars and bullies”, she added.

The goddess of beauty is a graduate of the University of Port Harcourt where she majored in Theatre Arts and has also won a host of prestigious movie awards.

http://www.lodgerill..com/2017/12/will-continue-living-by-my-own-terms.html?m=1

Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Dominique
Fynestboo[/qu
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by doncox: 7:32am On Dec 07, 2017
kendrace:
If it makes her happy it's cool... do what makes u happy.

It doesn't make her happy dear. She is unable to find the right guy yet and it pains her. I am available.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 07, 2017
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:39am On Dec 07, 2017
Her life
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by shugamummy: 7:40am On Dec 07, 2017
Marriage is that thing that united your mum and dad which enabled them to live together and produce something like you so that you can reach 30yrs in their house and be spewing thrash that you do not yet understand the meaning of marriage. It made your mum humble herself enough to accept the downsides of your dad and cope with him in times of troubles and good,to ensure you are happy and can type this stuff on a platform like NL.

Nutase:
wetin be marriage abeg? babe carry go jare.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by pastorcyrus(m): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=pastorcyrus post=63052053]
For what nah?.she is still too young to get married. Societal pressure is nothing to write home about,after all she confessed that she does all that couples do so there is nothing to be worried about.There is this adage in Igbo that says "akwuna na-akwa akwa nwa na nka". Meaning that a prostitute cries for not having a child at old age.since she has waited till now,let her keep slaying until 55 years so that she can marry by then.what pains me most about people like this is to look for their step mother,uncle,Mr this or Mrs that to be responsible for their inability to get married after knowing fully well that the type of lifestyle they chose was responsible for their misfortune.
Pastor E.A Adeboye once said that everybody must accept Christ but some will do that on the day of judgement which is too late by then.I seriously agree with him.sense fall on your Rita girl

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by ensamy(m): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2017
But how does it feels when she sees her others with thier kids all smiling and colorful in thier attires hmmmm.
Well God's time is the best.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by clayman13(m): 7:44am On Dec 07, 2017
shadrach77:

Like Bimbo Akintola, she has made a decision she will later regret. Inability to humble herself and submit to a man is the real reason why she is still single undecided
And u know dis how??
People like u ll be making unnecessary noise on top another person's life again.....smh

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Neoteny(m): 7:47am On Dec 07, 2017
Better hurry sister.

A woman at 42 is the equivalent of a man at 82.

Time and gravity are not your friends.

Everything is just downhill from here on out.
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by ruffDiamond: 7:47am On Dec 07, 2017
godeldess of beauty my left ball!see the amount of fake long 'hair' on her head alone is enough to drive any man away...I for one never like ladies who overdo things in the name of looking beautiful ..it's a complete no no..simplicity does it,no matter who you are or your acct balance. yes!ask the like of Mark ,Steve job ,etc..but then most Nigerians mentality are wired in such a way that they believe overdoing thing is a way of impressing the easily impressed ignorants around them.. another thing is that Rita being an Edo girl alone speak volumes.. don't ask me cos they have reputation well known..if she hadn't been an actress and bleeped her way through myriad of producers to get to the top...she would probably be in Italy today doing what they know best. the hoe mentality is ingrained in their DNA ,..read the part again where she said she date sometimes and do all loving things couples do (including getting lashed if need be) hshaha olosho! yeah some ladies feel they don't need a man once they are comfortable and spend their own cash..fine,but don't come whiny on SM reminding us of that ..hiding under one societal pressure.. the only people likely giving you pressures is yr hapless mother .cos yr money meant nothing to her anymore ...haha stupid girl dey wait for right man to co along..na when olosho old she realized the value of pikin..

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by HopeRisingmatte(m): 7:48am On Dec 07, 2017
emmie14:
Is over now. You lie about age but nature and biological changes is likely to happen. No cosmetics or age falsification can affect that. Woman expires. You're are still beautiful . Acknowledged
What do u mean by women expires? Abeg park well. Do u really know what it means for something to expire? How could you use such a term on a human? I wouldn't even refer to a living animal in such manner. Pls sir refrain from saying women expire, it's derogatory Pls.
We all age gracefully. God bless.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Neoteny(m): 7:48am On Dec 07, 2017
Jaynom:
This writer can wash pesin(probably owns a laundry service) na Rita Dominic be "Goddess of beauty" ? I mean she's pretty but ......

You don't know how low his standards are.
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Neoteny(m): 7:49am On Dec 07, 2017
Rokia2:
Your life your choice.

I notice you do have a rather ample bottom, kind madam.
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by emmie14: 7:53am On Dec 07, 2017
HopeRisingmatte:

What do u mean by women expires? Abeg park well. Do u really know what it means for something to expire? How could you use such a term on a human? I wouldn't even refer to a living animal in such manner. Pls sir refrain from saying women expire, it's derogatory Pls.
We all age gracefully. God bless.

If u like fight against yourself. Menopause is expiration. Men marry for children period. Get married now.
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by abercrombie(m): 7:55am On Dec 07, 2017
Nwodosis:
Anyhow she justifies her being single, it won't take away the truth that woman in her husband house is more responsible and adored than a woman in her father's house!
and mind you shes not in her fathers house::
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by izombie(m): 7:56am On Dec 07, 2017
What is it with nigerians and marriage? Must someone get married? This is why women do all sorts of bad things to get married by all means. People should marry because they want to not because society wants them to. Abeg make una park well.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 07, 2017
Rita send me a DM
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by RichieBrown(m): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2017
maasoap:

Stop names calling my friend, just make your own point and move on.
Who is talking about accomplishment? You never see people with loneliness?
You've never seen married people living in hell eh? The idea of marriage is subjective

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by sinola(m): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2017
Quelle:
Nigerian actress Rita Dominic finds herself among the successful women finding it very difficult to settle down with a man. The beautiful actress has disclosed in an interview with a Nigerian magazine on the reason why she is still single at age 42.

The Nigerian versatile actress revealed that it is sometimes awkward looking at the societal pressures as to when she is getting married and all that even though she doesn’t give ears to such pressures. She rightly stated that she would commit to marriage on her own terms and conditions and not succumb to unnecessary pressures from society.

“I will live with the man, so it is very important that I do it because I want to, not because society wants it for me”, Rita said.

She expressed optimism that she would marry soon, saying, “I believe that God is in control of my life and will present the right man to me at the right time”.

On the question of whether she was currently dating, she said, “I do date sometimes when someone comes around.

“I love being totally drawn to someone and doing all the loving things couples do, but I am wary of liars and bullies”, she added.

The goddess of beauty is a graduate of the University of Port Harcourt where she majored in Theatre Arts and has also won a host of prestigious movie awards.

http://www.lodgerill..com/2017/12/will-continue-living-by-my-own-terms.html?m=1

Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Dominique
Fynestboo

at 42....my sister get a life

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Kobicove(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2017
I salute your courage to stand by your conviction!

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Baroba(m): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2017
Its her decision, Nigerians should learn to mind there business..
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by showghan(m): 8:14am On Dec 07, 2017
Senior olosho. Mschteeeeew

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Rozaytee: 8:18am On Dec 07, 2017
emmie14:
Is over now. You lie about age but nature and biological changes is likely to happen. No cosmetics or age falsification can affect that. Woman expires. You're are still beautiful . Acknowledged
wat kind of man are u.. why would u say women expire?

1 Like

Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by Rozaytee: 8:20am On Dec 07, 2017
Threebear:
Keep waiting till you hit menopause, forty two is your football age ,we know you are close to fifty.
There will be a time, when your heavy make ups and skin conditioners won't cover your wrinkles, then you'd lose your pay magas ,then you'd understand the meaning of loneliness, without a husband or child to call your own.
i have a neighbor living like dat... she is 53 and happy alone.. still shocked how she does it
Re: "I Will Continue Living By My Own Rather Than Get Married" -Actress Rita Dominic by maasoap(m): 8:21am On Dec 07, 2017
RichieBrown:

You've never seen married people living in hell eh? The idea of marriage is subjective
Marriage is not an idea and it is not subjective unless one prefer to see it as such. No one needs to live in hell in the name of marriage. If the one you already have doesn't work for you, move out of it and try another one. Loneliness is not an option, it kills faster than anything else. Nature has reason for making us the way we are, male and female.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Duncan Mighty Pictured With His Coursemates At The Nigerian Military School / Adetutu Alabi Aka Eleven Paz Throwback Photos With Tribal Marks / Regina Daniels And Her Mother, Rita Daniels Step Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.