Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years (9729 Views)

Cooking Soups With Only Groundnut Oil Instead Of Palm (red)oil / Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos / Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by maasoap(m): 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2017
saintkeppy:

If it's low-cholesterol groundnut oil I would say ok, cos we ain't serious about its production.

Maybe FG is importing palm oil to those living in Lagos &Northern part of the country as for Niger-Delta we have both crude &palm oil in abundance. Money meant for other pressing needs is used in importing something that is available already, SMH, after, we still complain how value of naira is falling, then how do we justify the amount of money sunk into oil palm production from both Federal& various state governments. My brother, there are some things we don't need to import, To me, palm oil production here is enough to go round, no need for importation, or what do you think?

If this news is true, then walahi Nigeria is big joke! Aswear

#grownaira my foot.
It is not funny at all. One step forward, ten steps backward. Policy somersaults.
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by maskid(m): 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
Oduok:

I can offer you professional advice on the processing.

thanks, but i want to plant and grow it before processing it. how do i get that assistance
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by TonyRoland(m): 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2017
we don suffer
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by ofuonyebi: 1:52pm On Dec 07, 2017
It is unfortunate that our agriculture story suddenly went upside down!

That huge sum of dollars is what we should be earning today as foreign exchange to make our economy and money stronger than U.S and their

dollars...but those chop and quench leaders has almost eaten off 9ja 2morrow with too much greed!

GOD the creator who gave us good soil and resources free, would not forgive those who put us in this hole!
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
freeze001:

It's no curse, Nigerian leaders just chose to be stupid and the entire populace just moves along like programmed zombies. Are we the only crude producing country?
My dear, don't know what to say I swear. Nigeria's matter need divine intervention
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Tejiriseth(m): 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
But for my area.. delta/Okpe/Adeje.... palm oil mills are working almost on a Daily Basis... Thats just My community oh... And you tell me say we dey Import oil...?
Remaining small una go say we dey Import palm wine
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Oduok(m): 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
maskid:

thanks, but i want to plant and grow it before processing it. how do i get that assistance
Contact Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) in Edo State for professional advice on the planting. Then approach Bank of Industry with your bankable business proposal for funding.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 6:50am On Dec 08, 2017
2fine2fast:
I don't believe this.
Not everything on the news is true.
Next we hear that we spend 1 trillion
Dollars on atarodo imports.
we're getting there.
meat, beans, yam, cassava
we've started importing all cos youth don't want to farm
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by seguno2: 6:53am On Dec 08, 2017
mikolo80:
we're getting there.
meat, beans, yam, cassava
we've started importing all cos youth don't want to farm

How can they farm when they are not encouraged to read and learn better ways of farming

mikolo80:
who donated books epp

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2017
Tejiriseth:
But for my area.. delta/Okpe/Adeje.... palm oil mills are working almost on a Daily Basis... Thats just My community oh... And you tell me say we dey Import oil...?
Remaining small una go say we dey Import palm wine
how many litres do they produce.
simple arithmetic Mr man
hectareage times litres or you think all this I pass my neighbour mills is the end all and be all.
we have serious deficit in everything except cassava and I hear Senegal have come to collect cassava stems like Malaysia did palm oil.
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 6:57am On Dec 08, 2017
freeze001:

It's no curse, Nigerian leaders just chose to be stupid and the entire populace just moves along like programmed zombies. Are we the only crude producing country?
how are they stupid
their billionaires
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 6:59am On Dec 08, 2017
seguno2:

How can they farm when they are not encouraged to read and learn better ways of farming

who encouraged you to read.
who encouraged you to become whatever you have
the world doesn't owe you anything
grab your share or forever remain silent
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 7:01am On Dec 08, 2017
winterfell007:
Well the news is hard to believe. I know we still have vibrant companies down in the east and some parts of Niger delta that produces palm oil on an industrial scale. Or are they telling that these companies buy palm brunches from overseas
did elephant cement not produce on a large scale yet it took dangote to approach the industry scientifically.
14 million tons
elephant were more interested in making ppl beg them for cement allocation cos they felt they were unassailable
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 7:03am On Dec 08, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
lol...it's no news dead country with visionless and direction less rulers not leaders...All my white colleagues and friends laugh at me because we claim we are the giant of Africa and supposedly in view of all our natural endowments we were supposed to be the richest people on earth...But i stand to be challenged here and anywhere all the European countries i have lived and visited i have never seen Nigerian palm oil at any afro-carribean shop...Only from ghana,Congo and togo..

Meanwhile years ago we had NIFOR...Nigeria Institute for oil palm research...Located in Edo state...That place is a desert now...All the retrenched and retired workers died in abject poverty...I'm not speculating i grew up there..Had friends their parents were top dogs there..

You lots should organize an excursion to go there you would understand that this country needs revolution...

Malaysia Got their first seedlings from Nifor and their people were trained there...Today they are the highest producers in the world and you are the highest importer....Progressive or Retrogressive?

so was your point
why didn't the top dogs plant palm oil
busy selling and looting national assets
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 7:37am On Dec 08, 2017
saintkeppy:

If it's low-cholesterol groundnut oil I would say ok, cos we ain't serious about its production.

Maybe FG is importing palm oil to those living in Lagos &Northern part of the country as for Niger-Delta we have both crude &palm oil in abundance. Money meant for other pressing needs is used in importing something that is available already, SMH, after, we still complain how value of naira is falling, then how do we justify the amount of money sunk into oil palm production from both Federal& various state governments. My brother, there are some things we don't need to import, To me, palm oil production here is enough to go round, no need for importation, or what do you think?

If this news is true, then walahi Nigeria is big joke! Aswear

#grownaira my foot.
jokes on you
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:09am On Dec 08, 2017
mikolo80:
so was your point
why didn't the top dogs plant palm oil
busy selling and looting national assets
it's either u are very senseless....Stupidddddd,dumbbbbb,dafttttttt,imbeciledddddddd or your IQ is below average or your brain observes jumat..Maybe by monday u will be smarter...

I don't think in 21st century someone will read all i wrote and know the Nigerian system and the person is quite learned,exposed and also not a biased ignorant 1999 baby will still go ahead to ask me that type incredulous question...

Well i tried to answer your question but then my brain kept on giving me signal that the question was too stupid and mentally draining....I think you beat me hands down on stupidity challenge...I don't stand a chance with you..

Your mata weak me jare....Tap me on Monday if your brain resume From holiday.

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
it's either u are very senseless....Stupidddddd,dumbbbbb,dafttttttt,imbeciledddddddd or your IQ is below average or your brain observes jumat..Maybe by monday u will be smarter...

I don't think in 21st century someone will read all i wrote and know the Nigerian system and the person is quite learned,exposed and also not a biased ignorant 1999 baby will still go ahead to ask me that type incredulous question...

Well i tried to answer your question but then my brain kept on giving me signal that the question was too stupid and mentally draining....I think you beat me hands down on stupidity challenge...I don't stand a chance with you..

Your mata weak me jare....Tap me on Monday if your brain resume From holiday.
all I heard were insults
No intelligent answer
Now I know why your friends and their top dog parents are lamenting
Show me your friends and I......
All incompetent mismanagerS the lot of you
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:23am On Dec 08, 2017
mikolo80:
all I heard were insults
No intelligent answer
Now I know why your friends and their top dog parents are lamenting
Show me your friends and I......
All incompetent mismanagerS the lot of you
u only get exactly what's your worth...Infact u got more than u merited...It's a shame and a big let down that I'm even replying your type...Your last message says it all. .U are just a kiddo,that knows nothing it's possible u are even a jambite or a drop out...

Talking with u is too mentally challenging I'm not wired to deal with stupid people i must confess u lots infuriate and nauseate me..

Again i have no answer for u...Really enhance your calm...Spend time to educate yourself,because your brain isn't doing it's duty.

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by saintkeppy(m): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2017
mikolo80:
jokes on you

Whatever!

Mtcheeeeeeew!
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
u only get exactly what's your worth...Infact u got more than u merited...It's a shame and a big let down that I'm even replying your type...Your last message says it all. .U are just a kiddo,that knows nothing it's possible u are even a jambite or a drop out...

Talking with u is too mentally challenging
this is clear to everyone
only relaxer between your ears

I'm not wired to deal with stupid people i must confess u lots infuriate and nauseate me..
can't even speak correct English

Again i have no answer for u...

how can you
nothing upstairs
just free access to internet for the first time
so just saying anything that comes to mind without thinking or basic economic knowledge
Really enhance your calm

who sounds calm between us
...Spend time to educate yourself,

Hahahaha
you funny

because your brain isn't doing it's duty.
at least I have a brain
child with no home training
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2017
mikolo80:

this is clear to everyone
only relaxer between your ears

can't even speak correct English

how can you
nothing upstairs
just free access to internet for the first time
so just saying anything that comes to mind without thinking or basic economic knowledge

who sounds calm between us

Hahahaha
you funny

at least I have a brain
child with no home training
you are just a loose canon and a retardeddddd gadamn son of a bitchhhhhh....Quote me anytime and i will say it over and over.. I will be the reason for your pains.

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Pharoh: 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
saintkeppy:
. Where do we extract the refined palm oil from? Used in factories to produce what? I just wanna know, so I can understand you well.
Thanks.

From the same pulp you extract your red oil from and a process some people will call bleaching red palm oil. So they kind of heat it to a higher degree and get the refined palm oil. This is mostly used to hold processed food together like ice cream, butter , chocolate etc . So factories in Nigeria who produce processed foods import this refined oil from malaysia and Indonesia. The largest consumers of refined palm oil are EU, china and india. I don't know our level of production of oil from rhe seeds though to get palm kernel oil. We face the same problem with crude oil too as we import all the product of what we have here. If we are importing packaged red oil then it must be from benin, togo, Ghana etc.
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
you are just a loose canon and a retardeddddd gadamn son of a bitchhhhhh....Quote me anytime and i will say it over and over.. I will be the reason for your pains.
fool
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
mikolo80:
fool

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by mikolo80: 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=Livefreeordieha post=63137208][/quote]fool
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
mikolo80:
fool
aahahahahaha...the type of laugh that comes when you just realize your dog is missing his narrow tail�

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:22pm On May 25, 2018
duduade:
Why import when we can produce... What have the Ministers of Agriculture doing??
what are you doing
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Absolutecheap: 7:12pm On May 27, 2018
DAY 2 GET YOURS NOW.
Promo Promo Promo
Panifo Ventures seller of your pure, affordable and healthy Palm oil
Buy

25 litres @ #10,000
10 litres @ #4,600(without keg and get 75cl palm oil free)
10 litres @#5,000 (with keg and get 75cl palm oil free).

Offer last till 1st of June.

And our Weekend Delight Just for you
Call now to order.
Home and office delivery available also.
Call or SMS or whatsapp

Original Price are
25 litres is 11k
5 litres is 2,300(without keg) and 2,500(with keg)
2.5 litres is 1,200(without keg) and 1,300(with keg)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peak Nationwide Breakfast Café Returns With More Nourishment And Fun! / Please Can Someone Give Me The Traditional Nigerian Cake Recipe? / Epsom Salt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.