Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years (9743 Views)

Cooking Soups With Only Groundnut Oil Instead Of Palm (red)oil / Lady Buys Fake Palm Oil In Abuja, Shares Photos / Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Krafty006: 9:46am On Dec 07, 2017
funny
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by maskid(m): 9:47am On Dec 07, 2017
please i have always wanted to start the production of oil palm. please can any one guide me through this?. i am ready to pay . i want to grow and produce . i have land in my village and owerri
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by BenzEne1(m): 9:48am On Dec 07, 2017
Spaxon:
Talk of the north not south.....l

Cus we have excess palm oil

We do have excess palm oil. The problem tho is milling. We still rely on ramshackle mills to extract the oil from the palm bunches. I did a project study at NIFOR here in Benin and you would be sorry to see the production rate and wastage at the local mills they are using. We really need to work on reorganizing these mills here and in other palm oil producing areas.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Thegamingorca(m): 9:48am On Dec 07, 2017
Oyindidi:
Who curse this nation

Good morning kiss
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by IamProdigy: 9:49am On Dec 07, 2017
The same palm oil we have here...smh!
Meanwhile

i][b]Hello beautiful people, I think its high time your get your start up or firm ahead of the competition, GET CREATIVE!

Package 1

Business card ➕ letterhead = 1k

package 2

Logo ➕ letterhead ➕ Business card =5k

Let's make you something outside the norm!

Call: 08162137112

We also avail you other packages
that include logo and flier designs!
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by winterfell007(m): 9:49am On Dec 07, 2017
Well the news is hard to believe. I know we still have vibrant companies down in the east and some parts of Niger delta that produces palm oil on an industrial scale. Or are they telling that these companies buy palm brunches from overseas
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://leadership.ng/2017/12/07/nigeria-spends-3-2bn-importation-palm-oil-10yrs/
lol...it's no news dead country with visionless and direction less rulers not leaders...All my white colleagues and friends laugh at me because we claim we are the giant of Africa and supposedly in view of all our natural endowments we were supposed to be the richest people on earth...But i stand to be challenged here and anywhere all the European countries i have lived and visited i have never seen Nigerian palm oil at any afro-carribean shop...Only from ghana,Congo and togo..

Meanwhile years ago we had NIFOR...Nigeria Institute for oil palm research...Located in Edo state...That place is a desert now...All the retrenched and retired workers died in abject poverty...I'm not speculating i grew up there..Had friends their parents were top dogs there..

You lots should organize an excursion to go there you would understand that this country needs revolution...

Malaysia Got their first seedlings from Nifor and their people were trained there...Today they are the highest producers in the world and you are the highest importer....Progressive or Retrogressive?

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by saintkeppy(m): 9:51am On Dec 07, 2017
What #fakenews

I don't believe this news 1 bit. Import to where? Ok Maybe Algeria, when palm oil is in abundance in the SE &SS region, we even dey find where to export am to.

Forget this palm oil bottle packaging picture posted here, just to depict importation, there's a place in Akwa Ibom State the does that too, infact well packaged, ready for export sef.

Next we hear is, Nigeria has spent USD$10Trillion importing OLOSHO in the past 10years. Mtcheeeeeew!
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by adudu208(m): 9:54am On Dec 07, 2017
Spaxon:
Talk of the north not south.....l
Cus we have excess palm oil
How much is 25 litres of Palm Oil in your location?
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2017
BenzEne1:

We do have excess palm oil. The problem tho is milling. We still rely on ramshackle mills to extract the oil from the palm bunches. I did a project study at NIFOR here in Benin and you would be sorry to see the production rate and wastage at the local mills they are using. We really need to work on reorganizing these mills here and in other palm oil producing areas.
Nifor is a skeleton now bro...The last time i was there was mid 90s...

I drove passed there last time 2004..Saw the forest inside unkempt shook my head i remember when we were younger if your friends know you had access to people in there..Then free babes for you. It was well organized...I really don't know but for some reason the military were so disciplined that everything functioned even education..
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Abeycadabra(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2017
Datas are there for u to digest bro

Esseite:
I find this news hard to believe... there are too many locally produced palm oil packaged and unpackaged.

Are they saying that all the mbanga soup we eat some are not left to produce palmoil?..

All the palm oil in bowls with different measures in cups are also imported?..

Just feel different about this news..
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Spaxon(f): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2017
BenzEne1:

Yes when I went to Akwa Ibom last week

The state govt. are providing mordern mills for palm oil processing. In each LGA
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Spaxon(f): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2017
adudu208:

How much is 25 litres of Palm Oil in your location?

I dunno
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Rajosh(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2017
Nigeria is a failed country. we're supposed to be exporting palm oil. I thought they said Singapore or Malaysia bought palm seedlings from us and today they're exporting. hmm. Chinua Achebe was right. There Was A Country.
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 07, 2017
Same palm oil that Nigeria gave Malaysia the seeds back then and it's now their major export product
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by enestar(f): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2017
mmmm nawa o i dont even know what to believe in this country anymore
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by maasoap(m): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2017
OrestesDante:
shocked

∆ Oti oo!!!

Are we importing palm oil too?

Wahala waa ooo!

Nigeria is finished then.

Palm oil ∆
This year importation of palm-oil is the worst. Buhari just opened the door and made Kano the headquarters of imported palm oil.
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 07, 2017
The red oil we call palm oil in Nigeria is the crude unrefined oil palm. Nigeria imports refined palm oil.

The reason people are finding it hard to believe is because they don't know that some of the so called vegetable oil we use for cooking is palm oil.

I believe the essence of this information is to make Nigerians see the business opportunity in investing in refining oil palm in Nigeria rather than importing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by BenzEne1(m): 10:05am On Dec 07, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
Nifor is a skeleton now bro...The last time i was there was mid 90s...

I drove passed there last time 2004..Saw the forest inside unkempt shook my head i remember when we were younger if your friends know you had access to people in there..Then free babes for you. It was well organized...I really don't know but for some reason the military were so disciplined that everything functioned even education..

Yeah. The place is really gone.
There's really nothing like research going on.
The labs are ridden with dirt.
Only the palm trees tell the story of what was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by LightSpirit: 10:06am On Dec 07, 2017
This is a very serious indictment on all of us...

Behavioral Statistics of Nigerians :

Group 1: 0.9% represent excessively greedy and mindlessly manipulative elite (politicians and religious "leaders"wink
Group 2: 99% represent an incredible herd of mumus, these are mentally lazy and often fight themselves in defence of the above behavioral proclivities of the first group.
Group 3: 0.1% represent the indifferent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Kakamorufu(m): 10:09am On Dec 07, 2017
Haa! Unbelievable. Importing palm oil? I am shocked
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by maasoap(m): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2017
saintkeppy:
What #fakenews

I don't believe this news 1 bit. Import to where? Ok Maybe Algeria, when palm oil is in abundance in the SE &SS region, we even dey find where to export am to.

Forget this palm oil bottle packaging picture posted here, just to depict importation, there's a place in Akwa Ibom State the does that too, infact well packaged.

Next we hear is, Nigeria has spent USD$10Trillion importing OLOSHO in the past 10years. Mtcheeeeeew!
You had better believe the news. Those of us who are into the business of palm-oil know what we're dealing with this year.
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by babadee1(m): 10:52am On Dec 07, 2017
Nigeria imports palm oil?! This situation is beyond critical o. Can this country survive like this?
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Oduok(m): 11:03am On Dec 07, 2017
Does this mean that all Palm Oil Mills in Nigeria sell off their product immediately it is being extracted? The answer is NO. Infact there are lots of mills with products but "no demand". The problems here are: 1. Most of these mills are not visible to buyers. 2. Production cost is very high as cost of the raw material remain high. 3. There are issues with quality. Recommendations are: 1. SME should embrace government opportunities and make themselves more visible. 2. Government should see a way of subsidizing the cost of cultivating the raw palm fruits. 3. Nigeria Institute for Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) should make commercial the existing research outcomes in the bleaching, degumming, and deodorizing palm oil and also encourage processing steps that will reduce free fatty acid and rancidity of the oil.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Pharoh: 11:14am On Dec 07, 2017
They are talking about refined palm oil used in factories and not the red oil we use for cooking.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Oduok(m): 11:15am On Dec 07, 2017
maskid:
please i have always wanted to start the production of oil palm. please can any one guide me through this?. i am ready to pay . i want to grow and produce . i have land in my village and owerri
I can offer you professional advice on the processing.
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by flowjoe: 11:16am On Dec 07, 2017
IgboticGirl:
hmmm this country tire me

come to anambra and enugu and see palm oil wasting
seriously? do u stay in either of these states?
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by saxby(f): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2017
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by Olaposiwaju: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2017
I don't believe this a bit. I agree if it's palm kernel oil but not palm oil
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by freeze001(f): 11:55am On Dec 07, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Crude oil is really a curse to Nigeria, years back Nigeria exported palm oil, even funded her budget with proceeds from palm oil then but look at how Nigeria has forgotten about palm oil and became so lazy because of crude oil.

It's no curse, Nigerian leaders just chose to be stupid and the entire populace just moves along like programmed zombies. Are we the only crude producing country?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by saintkeppy(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
maasoap:

You had better believe the news. Those of us who are into the business of palm-oil know what we're dealing with this year.

If it's low-cholesterol groundnut oil I would say ok, cos we ain't serious about its production.

Maybe FG is importing palm oil to those living in Lagos &Northern part of the country as for Niger-Delta we have both crude &palm oil in abundance. Money meant for other pressing needs is used in importing something that is available already, SMH, after, we still complain how value of naira is falling, then how do we justify the amount of money sunk into oil palm production from both Federal& various state governments. My brother, there are some things we don't need to import, To me, palm oil production here is enough to go round, no need for importation, or what do you think?

If this news is true, then walahi Nigeria is big joke! Aswear

#grownaira my foot.
Re: Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years by saintkeppy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
Pharoh:
They are talking about refined palm oil used in factories and not the red oil we use for cooking.
. Where do we extract the refined palm oil from? Used in factories to produce what? I just wanna know, so I can understand you well.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Can Someone Give Me The Traditional Nigerian Cake Recipe? / Peak Nationwide Breakfast Café Returns With More Nourishment And Fun! / Help With Chicken Sauce

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.