Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. (588 Views)

Bala Mohammed Bags Best Governor In The North & 2nd Place Nationally / Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" / We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by amaco13: 8:22am On Dec 07, 2017
Chin Akano wrote:

Why I support Owelle. Pardon me to vent and rant please. Now let me go straight to the point. Let me tell you why I cut him some slack. For sometime now, my bar for assessing governance in Nigeria has been drastically reduced. I will give you my reasons for that. Therefore any governor doing anything that appears developmental & progressive to me (like Rochas is doing) gets good appraisal from me. Why did I slash the bar, you may ask ?

My first disappointment in governance was cross river state . Donald Duke was all over the media turning cross river to the wonders of this world and I just couldn’t wait to visit. Wow one faithful weekend like that , I flew into Calabar hoping to see Las Vegas and have the time of my life. Duke had left office and the senator Imoke had taken over. Kai what did I see ? A glorified village. Omg is this the Calabar Duke turned to Eldorado in 8 years, I asked my cab man. Jehova I couldn’t believe what I saw . I left the next day and lost any appetite to return .

Recently I had to make a choice of where to site a personal project between PHC and Owerri . That was unthinkable 8 years ago . Owerri was no where comparable to PHC then as the garden city was clearly donkey years ahead of Arugo city . After careful deliberation in my head with the input of my madam, it was an easy decision settling for Owerri. This is even when the cost of acquiring the property for the project in owerri was a bit more than what it would have cost me for a similar location in PHC. Believe this . That speaks volumes, doesn’t it ?
Now back to Imo. I knew how it was during military govt days to Udenwa and also Ohakim’s days and now. I can say without any shadow of doubt that Rochas has transformed Owerri beyond my expectation. Owerri is now arguably the fastest developing capital throughout the eastern region which includes SE and SS. Owerri is so beautiful now and has several newly opened link and widened roads. Right now it takes me less than that 40 minutes to drive from my home in Nkwerre to mine in Owerri. Before Owelle’s time it would have taken at least 90 minutes to get there considering the heavy traffic in Owerri.
That man has done some good jobs in Imo and his work are visible for all to see.

I was marveled the other day when I was driven round owerri and saw over 10 secondary schools remodelled to look like British ones. Extremely beautiful. Now am I saying that he is a wonderful man or that his govt couldn’t be better ? Hell no. Not at all. Before I am asked , let me state that I have been to Awka, Enugu, Umuahia, Abakiliki, Uyo, Benin, Warri, Yenegoa, Asaba, as well as most SW capitals including akure that still looks like a hamlet. Forget about Ado Ekiti biko �. I have also being to some northern states. To conclude I must say that I envy the incoming governor of Imo . His/her job has been made easy. He or she will not be in the type of difficult position governor ikpeazu found himself in Abia. The performance of his predecessors especially the immediate one was extremely poor. Imo must be better . My governor my governor. Bye unu dum.
Re: Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by onward4life(m): 8:41am On Dec 07, 2017
Please Dnt taunt Imolites ooooo

Pls Rocha(sunny bobo) is chowin their soul @d moment

Imolites are still going through a mock MMM era let's pray Imo state.

We should not interrupt the blessings they are going through now pls!

Re: Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by manutdrichie(m): 8:53am On Dec 07, 2017
APC govts commissioning people oriented projects in imo state

Re: Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by labanj1(m): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2017
IMO people looking at the writer like

Re: Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by amaco13: 9:03am On Dec 07, 2017
manutdrichie:
APC govts commissioning people oriented projects in imo state
tell me any Governor in Nigeria that has created new roads than Okorocha,Just visit Owerri and see things by yourself. no body is talking about Abia state,every day Okorocha this Okorocha that.
Re: Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
I think there are many governors that have more best intensions for there states than Rocha's but Rocha's hard work in IMO state just makes them dumb. IMO is still developing but I think under rochas its matured enough to be a country.
Re: Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by luvinhubby(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
wilz0:
I think there are many governors that have more best intensions for there states than Rocha's but Rocha's hard work in IMO state just makes them dumb. IMO is still developing but I think under rochas its matured enough to be a country.

What exactly are you saying?
Re: Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by proeast(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2017
I'm both a native and resident of Owerri & I concur with the op. Rochas did a lot to develop Owerri in many ways but his undoing is the way he went about some projects like the recent banning of keke within the city without ensuring that a viable replacement is in place. The next governor of the state is certainly going to have it very easy because Rochas has done all the dirty work for work him. If the next governor can do as much as Rochas did for Owerri, the city will certainly overtake P.H & Enugu as the most beautiful in the whole Eastern region!
Re: Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2017
If it ever enters Rocha's mind to make IMO state a tax haven.
Nigeria might have to start borrowing from IMO state.

(1) (Reply)

New Dawn In Abia State As Miss Joy Chikamnayo Takes Over From Ikpeazu / Climate Change: Buhari Seeks Funds From International Community / Please How Much Has #50 Bank Stamp Duty Accrued & Spending?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.