Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria (5499 Views)

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Meldrick(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2010
onye_ngbu:

The happy thing about all this is that she has been confirmed and people like you are roasting here.
With the way you are spamming this thread, they locked it for a very good reason, i guess.

I tire ooo. They will hit their heads on the wall and it will scatter but Dora has been confirmed.
There is nothing they can do. It is normal for people to speak evil of her. Some compared her to Iwu, they will even compare her to Lucifer but this is Democracy, you have a right to aire your view even if it is not heard or even if their views doesn't pass the four walls of their rooms but the point is she has be confirmed. Period
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2010
bobokelly:

Well i don't expect Dora to come back for any ministerial post , its seems, she also benefit something in that post , otherwise she would have rejected her second offers. sad sad sad sad sad
sorry,nigeria politicians are not used to rejecting appointments even in critical times
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
stillwater:

Waiting so as not to speak too soon. How many people had substantial information about his whereabouts? Wouldn't it be hasty to speak when you had few information? I bet if she had spoken earlier, many people would still have castigated her. Some people even think the time she talked was too soon. What is late for you is early for many people.  Beside that, it is her prerogative to question her earlier stance of keeping quiet and speaking out even if many people see it as late or for mere convenience forgetting this is a country that one can be assassinated for talking too much. Why do you think the other ministers kept quiet. Is it because of loyality or fear of putting their lives in danger? As a literate woman, she would have put all these into consideration before voicing out. Which person would stake her life just to be noticed?

If what she said has no weight why are we discussing this issue now? Why are you fixated on her case?  And what did Nigerians protest that people in government hadn't thought?

So you think my position towards Dora is an issue of who is capable of attaining sainthood? Is she begging to be called a saint by you? Did these people voice out pertaining to the issue we are discussing right now? Is there something I don't know?

Who is calling her a victim? If she gave you answers why she had waited, they wont still be enough because you have already resorted that everything she did was out of personal interest. There was a thread of her interview here maybe you can read that i.e if you have already read it. If you still maintain your position, no problem. I still see nothing wrong in Dora changing her stance when information about the president was not forthcoming.

This is exactly what I thought. People like Kobo would have said she was pursuing a personal agenda.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2010
10. I wish to call on the Federal Executive Council to act now in the best interest of our dear President and our dear Nation.

We also need to save ourselves from shame because our stand is becoming very embarrassing. He has been away for about 70 days now, even if he returns tomorrow, is it not better for him to rest and recover before taking over from the Vice President?

11. We need to do what is morally right and constitutional for the President to officially hand over to the Vice President to function as Acting President. If he does not, we can evoke whichever aspect of the constitution that should make the Vice President an Acting President.

LOok, if you want to argue now if it was SELF-SERVING then I suggest you listen to her own interview on why she changed her mind. She did admit it.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kobojunkie:

LOok, if you want to argue now if it was SELF-SERVING then I suggest you listen to her own interview on why she changed her mind. She did admit it.

Do you expect her hate herself? She is supposed to salvage her integrity and if she does that while serving the nation I cannot fault her.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
agabaI23:

Do you expect her hate herself? She is supposed to salvage her integrity and if she does that while serving the nation I cannot fault her.

Na wa ooo!!!!

YOU CLAIMED she was not pursuing a personal agenda in all. And I posted for you the contents of her own letter, as well as the fact that she revealed she did it to save herself, now You still come after me on that? Are you for real?? Lol

She has a RIGHT to serve her best interest but when you try to tell me that she did not, even after she stated that she did, what do you expect me to do? I am not the one dangling a hallo over her head for saving her behind. I am not the one calling for her to be labelled a hero and given back a job she performed so poorly on, simply for saving her head at the last minute. lol
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Na wa ooo!!!!

YOU CLAIMED she was not pursuing a personal agenda in all. And I posted for you the contents of her own letter, as well as the fact that she revealed she did it to save herself, now You still come after me on that? Are you for real?? Lol
Yes I am for real.

If you read the interview very well you would see where she said she was not able to sleep and her conscious was not allowing her rest because of the situation of things. She had to do what she did to save herself from going mad. She was getting paranoid because what going on was alien to her person. That implies that she felt it was unfair to the nation. She had to do what was right to clear her conscience(save herself) and save the nation from collapse.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
agabaI23:

Yes I am for real.

If you read the interview very well you would see where she said she was not able to sleep and her conscious was not allowing her rest because of the situation of things. She had to do what she did to save herself from going mad. She was getting paranoid because what going on was alien to her person. That implies that she felt it was unfair to the nation. She had to do what was right to clear her conscience(save herself) and save the nation from collapse.

WoW!!! You really listen to all that EMOTIONAL rant? You mean if Yar adua came up to give such an interview himself, you would swallow it all HOOK LINE AND SINKER? shocked ROFLMAO!!!

Again, let me go back to the topic please. The fact is she admitted she did it to save herself from the shame that could come if they did not act at all. That is all I think everyone should be concerned with. 

If the woman herself admitted it was a move for self-preservation, which is even bolstered by your post there, why are we still on about it? Are you trying to prove in some way that her SAVING HERSELF is a SELFLESS act of some kind? What is this really about?  I only posted that piece from her letter to help clear the air on WHO said it was personal. She said, not Kobojunkie. I took her on her own words which are documented in the letter she wrote to her collegues and to all.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by jatwill(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2010
we can see that nigerian leaders don't like the truth, but i hope she get tru. this are the kind of leaders we need
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by eros(m): 11:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
Like it or not, Mrs Akunyili has done a very good job for Nigeria. We need more people like her who are not scared to stand up for the truth and do what is right and not those thieving, hypocritical, losing bastards called Ministers, Senators and Legislators.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by idifu(m): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2010
Dora should shut up and keep quiet ,she's let me down sad
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kobojunkie:

WoW!!! You really listen to all that EMOTIONAL rant? You mean if Yar adua came up to give such an interview himself, you would swallow it all HOOK LINE AND SINKER? shocked ROFLMAO!!!

Again, let me go back to the topic please. The fact is she admitted she did it to save herself from the shame that could come if they did not act at all. That is all I think everyone should be concerned with. 

If the woman herself admitted it was a move for self-preservation, which is even bolstered by your post there, why are we still on about it? Are you trying to prove in some way that her SAVING HERSELF is a SELFLESS act of some kind? What is this really about?  I only posted that piece from her letter to help clear the air on WHO said it was personal. She said, not Kobojunkie. I took her on her own words which are documented in the letter she wrote to her collegues and to all.

You use some part of the same interview for your argument and call the other part emotional rant? Is the sentence you chose  not an emotional rant as well? Why don't u discard it?

And again, even the bible said, love thy neighbour as thyself. it did not say more than thyself.  We Appreciate the bravery that enabled her do what she did.

OK do you wanna tell me that other members of FEC do not wanna self preserve? Why did they not do the same? They were all cowards who congratulated here after her bravery. It takes [b]integrity [/b]to want to preserve ones dignity not minding the odd.

So give it to her. She saved herself in an act to save the nation and we are all reaping from that.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2010
agabaI23:

You use some part of the same interview for your argument and call the other part emotional rant? Is the sentence you chose  not an emotional rant as well? Why don't u discard it?
Nope! I didn’t discard any part of her interview but I am sane enough to know that what she thinks in her head, or how many times she tosses around on her bed, is not my concern or the concern of anyone else out there.
By the way, the quote, or sentence that you state I chose there, is from the letter she wrote, and then read to the Nation.

agabaI23:

And again, even the bible said, love thy neighbour as thyself. it did not say more than thyself.  We Appreciate the bravery that enabled her do what she did.
The Bible has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this and the part of her story that you seem enamored by. I am glad you appreciate her bravery as you claim but I am sorry unless you can counter the woman’s own claim that she did it for self-serving reasons, then I don’t see your point still. She admitted to it, why are you trying to twist around it, to the extent of trying to bring CHRISTIANITY and GOD into it all?

agabaI23:

OK do you wanna tell me that other members of FEC do not wanna self preserve? Why did they not do the same? They were all cowards who congratulated here after her bravery. It takes [b]integrity [/b]to want to preserve ones dignity not minding the odd.

I never said anything about other members not acting in Self-interest. Heck it is politics, self-preservation is usually the name of the game and she played her card as any politician would. She even LOBBIED to be reappointed, that is the game.

Why did they not do the same? You mean write a letter to urge that the president write a letter so that power can be handed over to the VP? You do realize that is essentially what she did, right? Are you sure they CONGRATULATED her after her so-called bravery? She was COMMUNICATION minister, and the letter that should have existed from way back in December.
On integrity, I still do not know what you are referring to. Did you really read the letter she wrote, or actually listen to her reading it ? :d

agabaI23:

So give it to her. She saved herself in an act to save the nation and we are all reaping from that.

She saved herself in an act to save the Nation? Hhmmm. . . . Is that like saving myself money in an act to save the tax payers money?  Or saving my job in an act to save the company money? I am confuzzled here how the two work together. Actually, I was hoping to seeing Nigerians rise to demand they all step down and an election happening in the next 3 months or so. Sorry, all I see us reaping is mediocrity as usual, nothing has really changed. Yar adua is still president, and the woman has secured herself another year as a minister. Only this time, I hope her record will not be as atrocious as the last, no matter how big you decide her hallo should be.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2010
I have nothing to reply to again because we have finished the debate. It is now kobojunke trying to be the last as usual grin
Thanks for your time.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
agabaI23:

I have nothing to reply to again because we have finished the debate. It is now kobojunke trying to be the last as usual grin
Thanks for your time.

So when you posted your rebuttal, it was not about you trying to be last as usual? Sigh? Try HONEST DEBATING, it helps!!
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by jagunlabi(m): 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
And why is her loyalty placing in that order?Shouldn't loyalty to country come first?
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kenjo(f): 12:28am On Apr 01, 2010
madam kobo please enough, you are doing my head in with your arguments!!
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:36am On Apr 01, 2010
Kenjo:

madam kobo please enough, you are doing my head in with your arguments!!

lol . . . this is the only way I know to get people like you and everyone else out there to start thinking these thinks through a bit more, as the only way forward is if individual Nigerians like you and I start to inform ourselves of the facts of our situation and then act on that rather than continue to buy into ignorant ploys that lead us another turn around the mediocrity cycle in Nigeria.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 1:02am On Apr 01, 2010
Can Dora Akunyili start doing what she's supposed to do as a minister and stop all these rants? undecided
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by EGO3(m): 2:14am On Apr 01, 2010
you can't talk about a nation without mentioning the president.the office of the president is the highest office in any sovereign nation,therefore any individual in such position automatically become the most privileged in that country.you cant distinguish a president from the constitution because he is the custodian of such.dora swapped her loyalty at will from yaradua to jonathan after knowing fully well tha yaradua will not come back to power.

WITHOUT THE COUNTRY WOULD YOU HAVE THE PRESIDO?, so my bro its country first.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by sulad82i(m): 3:16am On Apr 01, 2010
mama-gee:

Can Dora Akunyili start doing what she's supposed to do as a minister and stop all these rants? undecided

I tot that what she's doing
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Guylan(m): 3:35am On Apr 01, 2010
otele:

nigeria is such a mess. 42 ministers were so dumbstruck. zombies of unknown powers and by extension creating a nation of 150 million zombies. then one zombie stood up and spoke out. triggering a series of events that led to some form of common sense in the fed govt, and the zombie is under attack for trying to exit zombieworld.

how come nobody is talking about the 41 ministers who just sat there or even supported or even gained from the fiasco called fed govt of nigeria.

message, nigeria is going nowhere. it is not a course, not a spiritual prediction, just common sense statement like saying tomorow will be 1st april and day after that 2nd april.

Thank you otele for reminding Nl that Dora's only sin was standing up for the right course which brought change and momentary tranquility in Nigeria democracy. if she didn't speak out she will still be blamed. I tire for my country people.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by simplychic(f): 6:48am On Apr 01, 2010
Dora is too lousy,she is fond the habit making herself pure like Dove but trust me she is not,she is as dirty as every other politician,she knew she had already failed as the information minister and she used this to bring herself back,at her age she is suppose to have stop this notice me attitude of hers.
The deed has been done,my advise geos to the new team of jonathan goodluck to be very careful with this madam knowall,if not somday soon she will betray them too.
She is not a mere citizen or a radical lawyer,she is a minister for crying out loud,she is suppose to be a little bit secretive & if she must pass that this kind of information she should have applied wisdom not open her mouth as wide as it is to say rubbish about her boss.
She may be healthy today but she's not sure of the ailment that will kill her.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by md4real(m): 7:59am On Apr 01, 2010
eros:

Like it or not, Mrs Akunyili has done a very good job for Nigeria. We need more people like her who are not scared to stand up for the truth and do what is right and not those thieving, hypocritical, losing bastards called Ministers, Senators and Legislators.

did Dora did what she did for national interest or simply she is opportunist who knew how to play the cards of politics just like her dear friend and mentor, TURAI. look and think critically!
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by 4ward(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2010
i think Prof Dora acted under alot of pressure:anyhow,i think she should be applauded for her roles.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2010
md4real:

did Dora did what she did for national interest or simply she is opportunist who knew how to play the cards of politics just like her dear friend and mentor, TURAI. look and think critically!
Did the nation benefit from what she did? look and think critically.

St. Paul said, 'I do not mind what motive is behind their preaching of the gospel as far as the message of salvation is proclaimed'.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Meldrick(m): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2010
simplychic:

Dora is too lousy,she is fond the habit making herself pure like Dove but trust me she is not,she is as dirty as every other politician,she knew she had already failed as the information minister and she used this to bring herself back,at her age she is suppose to have stop this notice me attitude of hers.
The deed has been done,my advise geos to the new team of jonathan goodluck to be very careful with this madam knowall,if not somday soon she will betray them too.
She is not a mere citizen or a radical lawyer,she is a minister for crying out loud,she is suppose to be a little bit secretive & if she must pass that this kind of information she should have applied wisdom not open her mouth as wide as it is to say rubbish about her boss.
She may be healthy today but she's not sure of the ailment that will kill her.

Why removeth the moth out of another man's eye when there is a log in thine eyes. If ye believeth that thou at not lousier than Dora post another reply.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by toritsheju: 11:28am On Apr 01, 2010
not that i'm a big fan of dora(her ankara outfits are outrageous), but i do believ the woman has got wat it takes(integrity,principles and maturity) to serve and make her country proud,as for Bello i really do not understand what her loyalty to Yaradua has got to do with fulfilling her duties and obligations as minister, ,he only succeded in showin the rancour a large perrcentage of northerners ave towards southerners
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Ninapha(f): 11:51am On Apr 01, 2010
@~Bluetooth

nigeria is a sovereign nation and the president is the symbol of that sovereignity,therefore the president is the first upholder of the constitution.since he is the number one citizen,all loaylty are directed to him.

Kai!!! na Bluetooth talk this one? u fall my hands no be small!

Thanks God it was not during Sani's regime u talk this one.

And wherefore the president fails in his bid to protect and uphold the said constitution, should the whole system become comatosed? The sovereignity of the nigerian state is not dependent on the president but the propagations of the diplomatic relation and constitution.

Dora talks too much u said? Her loud mouth saved us when all small mouths were closed. Thanks to big mouth!
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Jeffhands(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2010
Dora for president, that woman is a blessing to this country.God ll keep strengting her, i love you akuyili
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by o9999: 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2010
Pls for all who are in the school of tot that
Dora want only public attention / praise , she did it in her SELFISH INTEREST,

Que is:-
1. y didnt others sieze the oppurtunity before her?
2. did her selfish interest benefit the average Nigerian , if ans is yes, then pls tell the others to do same

Pls tell the people in power to carry out thier own activities in their own selfish interest or for public praise/attention AS LONG AS THOSE SAME ACTIVITIES END UP SERVING THE GOOD OF THE COMMON MAN.

Her mouth is too loud, she is a minister therefore part of the cabal and should not have spoken up :- REALLY? then these same people will complain of a bad governance and a group of people making away with everything Nigeria has.

this is Nigeria, you have to be IN to make a difference
meaning:- if u want the governing to change, u cant do it from outside, u have to do it while being int he government,
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by otele(m): 1:29am On Apr 02, 2010
you can't fight an establishment from your laptop (kobojunkie take note)
you cant fight an establishment from outside, except by a revolution. and if that is the case, then we all need to leave our laptops, get into nigeria, arm ourselves and fight the corrupt establishment that has ruined the country(kobojunkie take note)

ortherwise, the only way to fight an establishment is from within. the enemy within is the most deadly. so get inside first, be like them, then know their weakness, and strike.

i dont want to sound like i like dora so much bc i have some strong issues with her since the 2007 elections for the role she played in that scrupulous election. but i must agree that opening up on this sick yara issue was one good thing she did which the orther 41 ministers did not do.

so if any one is to be attacked, common sense shows it should be those 41 ministers who were comfy witht he way things were. but as we can see, common sense is no longer common in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari / Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 / When A Petrol Attendant At Con oil Filling Station Shouted SAI BUHARI (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.