Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria (5498 Views)

Emma Anyanwu Disowns His Son, Charles, Loyal To Amaechi / Wike Sacks Board Of Directors Loyal To Amaechi / Photos: Thugs Loyal To PDP Allegedly Attack APC Chieftain In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:39am On Apr 02, 2010
otele:

you can't fight an establishment from your laptop (kobojunkie take note)
you cant fight an establishment from outside, except by a revolution. and if that is the case, then we all need to leave our laptops, get into nigeria, arm ourselves and fight the corrupt establishment that has ruined the country(kobojunkie take note)
I have absolutely no intensions to fight the establishment as you so believe.

otele:

ortherwise, the only way to fight an establishment is from within. the enemy within is the most deadly. so get inside first, be like them, then know their weakness, and strike.

I believe the only fight needed in this is to fight ignorance amongst the people. Once we free ourselves from the current prevalent mindset, only then will we realize that we have been the power behind the so-called establishment. The only power these people have is the power WE give them. And not until we realize this and start changing the way we continue to bolster their works against us will we see real change.

otele:

i dont want to sound like i like dora so much bc i have some strong issues with her since the 2007 elections for the role she played in that scrupulous election. but i must agree that opening up on this sick yara issue was one good thing she did which the orther 41 ministers did not do.

I ask you the same question I asked everyone else who CLAIMS to know what she OPENED up on. What did Dora do? What exactly did she SAY? I read the letter she read to the nation and it is so obvious that all she is doing exactly what she did back some days before which is write that a demand be put on Yar adua to write a letter to move power to Jonathan, something that should have been demanded of him before the 14th day of his leave. NOTHING MORE!!! I read that letter over and over and wondered what in the world she REVEALED or SAID that got people all riled up.

And the more I read it, the more I realize that it is possibly the case that we are too much in need of a messiah, and spend little time investigating those that come by.

otele:

so if any one is to be attacked, common sense shows it should be those 41 ministers who were comfy witht he way things were. but as we can see, common sense is no longer common in nigeria.

I don’t think this is an attack. I have SIMPLY reviewed her work by her OWN record. If your boss calls you in for a review, do you also consider it an attack on you by your boss? I would doubt you would. I did not make up anything about the woman, neither have I told anyone that I HATE HER or that I have a thing against her. I just want someone who claims she did well to show me, following her record, what work this was. If you want, I can repost her letter to her colleagues and yar adua for you to re-read. By my standards, she is no different from the 41 you mention, so I feel no need to attack them even as I feel no need to attack her. Only wanting to understand why we would RE-HIRE her as a Minister after her appalling record as a Minister.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Apr 02, 2010

http://www.ifeyinka.com/2010/02/dora-akunyilis-memo-to-o-federal.html

[size=13pt]The memo  presented to the Federal Executive Council (FEC) yesterday by Information Minister Dora Akunyili asking Yar’Adua to present a letter of vacation to the Senate as required by section 145 of Nigeria’s 1999 constitution. The full text of the memo below:
STATE OF THE NATION

1. I want to start my humble submission by stating that I am a 100 per cent loyalist of President Yar’Adua. He appointed all of us because he trusts us and wants us to help him to run government effectively and efficiently. Mr. President has given all of us seated in this chamber the opportunity to serve our nation as members of this council.

I believe that in the choice of all of us, as individuals and group, Mr. President must have considered our ability to guide him aright to serve our people better, promote and protect the constitution in line with the oath of office taken before him in this chamber by each and every one of us. President Yar’Adua is very dear to me just as he is to all of you.

2. We are all aware of what has been happening in Nigeria, especially as it concerns the issue of making the Vice President an acting President. There have been debates for and against.

3. Some have argued that there is no vacuum and that it is okay for the Vice President to function as Vice President, not as Acting President pending the return and recovery of Mr. President. For the proponents of this theory, I want to remind them that Permanent Secretaries had been waiting to be sworn in for over two months now. Consequently, many ministries are without Permanent Secretaries including my ministry.

As it is today, the Vice President cannot take any document to National Assembly. In a very desperate situation like the recent Jos crisis, the Vice President deployed troops to Plateau, but many have openly said that he does not have the right because there cannot be two Commanders-in-Chief at a time.

4. Just recently, Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta, MEND, has opted out of the amnesty and resumed hostility. They argued that they have been kept in limbo since the President took ill and they appeared to have been abandoned since nobody could talk to them or keep the promise made to them. Our economy is once more being threatened.

5. The past Chief Justice of the Federation swore in his successor for the first time in the history of our nation. The power vacuum at that level has also compounded our ‘poor image’ at the international level because of our failure to rise to international expectations, commitments and engagements that require the presence of our President.

Many of those opportunities have existed in the past 70 days that I do not need to recount. I do not need to repeat the uncomplimentary statements made by United States, United Kingdom and EU concerning the current state of affairs in Nigeria .

6. There has been persistent agitation by the public for members of the Federal Executive Council to do something. Nigerians expect us to rise to this challenge on behalf of our President as the leader of this administration. Some eminent citizens have spoken. They include former Heads of State and others who have served our nation in various capacities.

The Senate has also taken a position of which we are all aware. The looming crisis in the system is over boiling. Our hard earned democracy is being threatened by the day.

7. What went wrong? We love our President but we should remember that he is not infallible. Before he left Nigeria he had a moral and constitutional obligation to officially inform the Senate and hand over the mantle of leadership to the Vice President pending his return and recovery. That did not happen. Yes, the mistake has been made by our Boss and our brother.

Mr. President is ill and did not choose to be sick. But while we continue to pray for his recovery, we should try to right the wrong.

8. Some have argued that he left the country in a hurry. This argument has been punctured by the fact that he signed the Appropriation Bill for National Assembly. If he could sign the Bill, why did he not sign a letter for Vice President to act on his behalf until he is well enough?

9. We have a local proverb that says that “A goat does not get strangulated by the rope used in tying it when an adult is present.” We are all in a better position to know that the polity is overheated to a frightening level. Posterity will judge us harshly if we do not positively intervene to resolve this logjam.

10. I wish to call on the Federal Executive Council to act now in the best interest of our dear President and our dear Nation.

We also need to save ourselves from shame because our stand is becoming very embarrassing. He has been away for about 70 days now, even if he returns tomorrow, is it not better for him to rest and recover before taking over from the Vice President?

11. We need to do what is morally right and constitutional for the President to officially hand over to the Vice President to function as Acting President. If he does not, we can evoke whichever aspect of the constitution that should make the Vice President an Acting President.

On the other hand we can take advantage of the 14 days ultimatum by the court which will expire on Friday. When the President resumes duty as soon as he recovers, by the grace of God, he takes over his position.

12. I am not saying that President Yar’Adua should resign or condemn him for being sick. He did not choose to be sick. We will continue to pray for him, but all I am saying is, let us encourage him do the right thing so that our hard earned democracy will not be truncated. Anybody who feels otherwise is unfair to our President (who has been preaching the rule of law), and utterly unfair to our country.

13. The name of our President and all his achievements are being rubbished by this unfortunate debacle. The President and his family are also being put under undue pressure which will not help his recovery.

14. If we fail to act now, history will not forgive us. I rest my case.[/size]
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by otele(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I have absolutely no intensions to fight the establishment as you so believe.
the establishment will not leave without a fight. it has never happened in history. find out

I believe the only fight needed in this is to fight ignorance amongst the people. Once we free ourselves from the current prevalent mindset, only then will we realize that we have been the power behind the so-called establishment. The only power these people have is the power WE give them. And not until we realize this and start changing the way we continue to bolster their works against us will we see real change.
people used to say, knowledge is power, but today we now know that applied knowledge is power. it is not enough to inform people. it will take a fight, and it will be costly, may involve blood or some other resource. what will you contribute to this fight. RFLMAO cannot change nigeria. you need to get out of your laptop and do something. what will you do? elections will be rigged unless someone tries to stop them, and it will be bloody. what would you do? (not RFLMAO)

I ask you the same question I asked everyone else who CLAIMS to know what she OPENED up on. What did Dora do? What exactly did she SAY? I read the letter she read to the nation and it is so obvious that all she is doing exactly what she did back some days before which is write that a demand be put on Yar adua to write a letter to move power to Jonathan, something that should have been demanded of him before the 14th day of his leave. NOTHING MORE!!! I read that letter over and over and wondered what in the world she REVEALED or SAID that got people all riled up.
And the more I read it, the more I realize that it is possibly the case that we are too much in need of a messiah, and spend little time investigating those that come by.
well, it should have been demanded by the 14th day but it wasnt. nobody did so, and the nation kept derailing and nobody had the decency to do so. perhaps if you had left the US as a great nigerian patriot that you are, and walked boldly to the national assembly, NTA and AIT et al, perhaps it may have triggered something positive. but you didnt. and the nation kept derailing, and the 150 million cowards we had then did nothing. they waited on God for a messiah . . . and finally someone spoke up . . better late than never. since our wise patriots from america could not leave their laptops, the 150 million weak naijans had to appreciate the late ''heroine'' they saw. whay debunk their appreciation?

I don’t think this is an attack. I have SIMPLY reviewed her work by her OWN record. If your boss calls you in for a review, do you also consider it an attack on you by your boss? I would doubt you would. I did not make up anything about the woman, neither have I told anyone that I HATE HER or that I have a thing against her. I just want someone who claims she did well to show me, following her record, what work this was. If you want, I can repost her letter to her colleagues and yar adua for you to re-read. By my standards, she is no different from the 41 you mention, so I feel no need to attack them even as I feel no need to attack her. Only wanting to understand why we would RE-HIRE her as a Minister after her appalling record as a Minister.

i didnt say you hate her, neither do i recommend her re-appointment. like i said, i have issues with the role she played in the last 3 yrs. i hate this debate bc it makes it look like i'm defending this woman.
however, can i ask you a few questions? . . . .
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by otele(m): 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2010
which of the members of the FEC including president yaradua and acting president jonathan and all the ministers past and present do you like? and why?

if you like none of them, and you feel they are running down this country, do you think you can change the country from nairaland? nairaland is a forum, people come here to exchange ideas. infact people come here to display their ideas. it is rare for anyone here to change his/her mind from a debate in the forum. what really do you recommend, for yourself, to change nigeria. in other words what would you do? dont tell me you want to educate people bc from what i see in this forum you can only express urself not influence others.

i have seen nigerians march in abuja and lagos. perhaps not good enough, but people are trying. that is the message. some peeps are doing something. wether they did it late or not is a different matter. but to sit in front of a computer and complain and grumble and abuse and roflmaoing up and down. it aint gonna do naija no good men.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2010
otele:

the establishment will not leave without a fight. it has never happened in history.
I believe we have discussed on the very same before now and I tried even then to explain to you that I do not view the establishment as you do. In my view, the establishment is made up of the millions, almost 150 of them, of Nigerians who continue to condone and ALLOW what we have today. They are the establishment to me.

otele:

find outpeople used to say, knowledge is power, but today we now know that applied knowledge is power. it is not enough to inform people. it will take a fight, and it will be costly, may involve blood or some other resource.
I think you missed the key in your own post above. KNOWLEDGE is still NECESSARY. As long as the people are not well INFORMED, there will be no such thing as POWER no matter what they apply.

otele:

what will you contribute to this fight. RFLMAO cannot change nigeria. you need to get out of your laptop and do something. what will you do?
I think I told you this sometime ago. Do not worry about my fight, worry about what YOU have to bring to the table. Don’t go around telling people what GOD wants them to do. Do what God wants YOU to do in the situation, and let others do what the same has them to do in their own. You do not go around telling people it ought to be ACCORDING TO YOU. That, to me is mistake number one.

otele:

elections will be rigged unless someone tries to stop them, and it will be bloody. what would you do? (not RFLMAO)well, it should have been demanded by the 14th day but it wasnt. nobody did so, and the nation kept derailing and nobody had the decency to do so.

Elections are not rigged by Phantoms. They are rigged by ORDINARY Nigerians on the most Part. Remember Ekiti? Who rigged the elections? The leaders did not carry off the buckets to go rig them; ordinary ekitians did that. Ordinary people posing as touts did that, and will continue to do it as long as they think and believe it does not affect them or harm them.

otele:

perhaps if you had left the US as a great nigerian patriot that you are, and walked boldly to the national assembly, NTA and AIT et al, perhaps it may have triggered something positive. but you didnt. and the nation kept derailing, and the 150 million cowards we had then did nothing. they waited on God for a messiah . . . and finally someone spoke up . . better late than never. since our wise patriots from america could not leave their laptops, the 150 million weak naijans had to appreciate the late ''heroine'' they saw. whay debunk their appreciation?

Someone Spoke up about what thought? What did she speak up on? That she wanted the FEC to ensure the president had another year in office, and so it should illegally install an Acting President RATHER than obeying the courts call to remove the President and install his VP as President instead? What speaking out are you referring to? Did you bother reading the letter above?

otele:

i didnt say you hate her, neither do i recommend her re-appointment. like i said, i have issues with the role she played in the last 3 yrs. i hate this debate bc it makes it look like i'm defending this woman.
however, can i ask you a few questions? . . . .
I am not saying you are defending her, I am simply asking that you OBJECTIVELY read the letter for which she was labeled a hero for. You claim she spoke out, how about you at least LEARN what it is you claim she spoke out for? For the constitution to be obeyed? WRONG, because her letter outlines that she encouraged the ILLEGAL installation of an Acting President, even when the Constitution is clear that the only time that can happen is if there is permission from the sitting president for that to happen.  She REFUSED to obey the courts demand, which would have been constitutional. She spoke out so Yar adua can be guaranteed another year as PRESIDENT even from his bed, wherever in the world that is?  I am only asking that you READ and LEARN of what happened in your own country to better understand where the bulk of the problem is coming from.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Apr 02, 2010
otele:

which of the members of the FEC including president yaradua and acting president jonathan and all the ministers past and present do you like? and why?
I don’t associate the word like to politicians. I critic their works to decide which I would vote for or not vote for, SIMPLE! They are, to me, my employees. They are either doing a good job or NOT, that is all.

otele:

if you like none of them, and you feel they are running down this country, do you think you can change the country from nairaland? nairaland is a forum, people come here to exchange ideas. infact people come here to display their ideas. it is rare for anyone here to change his/her mind from a debate in the forum. what really do you recommend, for yourself, to change nigeria. in other words what would you do? dont tell me you want to educate people bc from what i see in this forum you can only express urself not influence others.
You sure about that? I think you are very wrong. Anyways, like I said earlier, I rather we focus on using Nairaland as we want. Some believe it can be an avenue with which to reach others or like mind, others feel it is just a forum and nothing more. While so many have been able to influence others just by being active on here. I think you should instead focus on YOUR OWN change Nigeria idea and leave others to theirs. I believe I told you of my stance before now.

otele:

i have seen nigerians march in abuja and lagos. perhaps not good enough, but people are trying. that is the message. some peeps are doing something. wether they did it late or not is a different matter. but to sit in front of a computer and complain and grumble and abuse and roflmaoing up and down. it aint gonna do naija no good men.
Like I said, I am not here to be a messiah for anyone. Neither have I told you I am here to SAVE NIGERIA. All I am here to do is what I have done for so long, if you don’t like it, I cannot help it. I do believe that to change Nigeria, Nigerians need to have a change of mind, and I personally have no push to want to go out to change every mind out there but I do like to debate and argue on issues on here, enjoy it and see myself continuing to do that for some time to come.
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by otele(m): 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2010
when i asked which politician you like, i actually meant which ones you think are doing a good job. i guess none. it may interest you to know that elections dont count in nigeria. so all ur talk of voting for someone is absolute idiocy and a nasty display of your overt ignorance with regards to the nigerian political terrain. the way it is now, something drastic may have to happen before we have a sound electoral system. i believe once we have sound elections, nigerians will then have the power and it will be obvious that the majority of nigerians are not as ignorant as you think.

Kobojunkie:

You sure about that? I think you are very wrong. Anyways, like I said earlier, I rather we focus on using Nairaland as we want. Some believe it can be an avenue with which to reach others or like mind, others feel it is just a forum and nothing more. While so many have been able to influence others just by being active on here.
you've said it all grin . . you are just comfortable sitting in front of your laptop and posting BS as it pleases you. talk talk talk, criticise, criticise and nothing more. you are just a distraction. no real substance.

I think you should instead focus on YOUR OWN change Nigeria idea and leave others to theirs. I believe I told you of my stance before now.
Like I said, I am not here to be a messiah for anyone.
only a retard would have suggested you are interested in being a messiah for anyone grin . . . i have no plans to save nigeria either, i really despise a society where thousands of its own citizens are killed and nothing happens, a justice minister is murdered and nothing happens. to hell . . .

Neither have I told you I am here to SAVE NIGERIA. All I am here to do is what I have done for so long, if you don’t like it, I cannot help it. I do believe that to change Nigeria, Nigerians need to have a change of mind, and I personally have no push to want to go out to change every mind out there but I do like to debate and argue on issues on here, enjoy it and see myself continuing to do that for some time to come.

phew, i've just wasted my time
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2010
otele:

when i asked which politician you like, i actually meant which ones you think are doing a good job. i guess none.
THAT IS NOT TRUE. Please do NOT CONFUSE what I said with YOUR ASSUMPTION up there. Read my POST AS IS.

otele:

you are just comfortable sitting in front of your laptop and posting BS as it pleases you. talk talk talk, criticise, criticise and nothing more.
GBAM!
Dude, I am not you. I don't want to even THINK AS YOU WANT ME TO. I ENJOY DOING THIS. This is my hobby. If you don’t like that I love to criticize/analyze from where I am , then please MOVE ON. Simple!!
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by NDBELOVE: 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2010
Thank God 4 those of us who has spoken well of this woman of rare quality, i must tell all Ngerians that Dora is a gift to Nigeria
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by ursa: 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2010
@kobojunkie wrote
GBAM!
Dude, I am not you. I don't want to even THINK AS YOU WANT ME TO.  I ENJOY DOING THIS. This is my hobby. If you don’t like that I love to criticize/analyze from where I am , then please MOVE ON. Simple!!

Use your own words above to greater effect. Dora enjoys what she does, and she would not think as you want her to think. If you do not like what she does then please MOVE ON. Simple!!

Can you in future avoid calling people immature if they decide not to agree with you? I prefer we stick to the conversation. !!
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2010
ursa:

Use your own words above to greater effect. Dora enjoys what she does, and she would not think as you want her to think. If you do not like what she does then please MOVE ON. Simple!!

I have NEVER asked she think as I do, what I have simply done is state that as a Nigerian in a democracy, I believe her record is appalling, which no one has been able to refute so far, and would prefer if we stated facts rather than continue to play the PITY/FORGIVENESS card every time it pleases us.

ursa:

Can you in future avoid calling people immature if they decide not to agree with you? I prefer we stick to the conversation. !!

If you even bothered to read the responses so far you would have realized by now that the only time I refer to any persons as being immature, is when said person resorts to attacking MY PERSON rather than sticking to debating the topic. PERSONAL ATTACKS are immature in any debate. They are usually employed by people who have nothing meaningful to add to a discussion, and are convinced that insulting the other person scores them points to help them win a debate. You can ask those around you for opinions on that if you wish. ot to agree with you?

By the way, did you bother reading any of my posts so far? If you did, you would realize that though I go on about the woman's record, I am not ANTI-the woman. I am simply anti-BULL, and since this woman happens to be at the centre of this particular bull argument, her case is mentioned over and over and addressed.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Akunyili: I’m Loyal To President Yar’adua: I’m Loyal To Nigeria by CallmeCHIKE: 4:54am On Jul 26, 2022
sjeezy8:
damn shes sooo annoying she should just be quiet and let everythin play out- its like shes desperate

Where’s this 1diot now? Fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policemen On Trial For Cold-blooded Murder Of Boko Haram Leaders / A Call To Order For APC And Their Supporters / When A Petrol Attendant At Con oil Filling Station Shouted SAI BUHARI (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.