Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,188 members, 7,849,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Jos Killings: Jonathan Is Weak – Chinua Achebe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Killings: Jonathan Is Weak – Chinua Achebe (1856 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / Buhari Is Weak: He Will Not Change His Attitude. - IBB. / Jonathan Is Weak -buhari ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Jos Killings: Jonathan Is Weak – Chinua Achebe by naijamini(m): 1:30am On Mar 31, 2010
Could Prof. Achebe be refering to the Ag. President's weak position, not as a weak person? I hope it is not the latter.

We all know that Ag. Presd. Jonathan had to tread gently due to the inscrutable mystery of Nigeria's power web - that is a weak position to be for anyone. Nevertheless, I took it personally that he made a promise to the people of Jos and failed, by omission, commission or circumstance, to keep it. Still, he is demonstraing his genuine intentions, while showing that contrary to appearances, he is not politically naive.

Any person, even with extensive preparations, needs at least a year before we can judge his overall performance in running Nigeria.

Blame Yar'adua if Jonathan fails! I am sure he would claim it in the history books too, if he succeeds .

In any case, we have the tendency in Nigeria to consider gra-gra as strength, but Prof. Achebe certainly knows the power of the pen/brain over brawn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

100,000 Man March In Support Of Palestinian Bid For Statehood! / The Ongoing Genocide in Ogoni Land!!! / Hit And Run Driver Kills LAWMA Official (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.