Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! (6056 Views)

NY Times : The North Stirs The South Frets / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Kumuyi Stirs The Xmas Hornets Nest By Osondu Ahirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2010
She wants to eat her cake and have it, as well as "rebrand the cake" and sell it to Nigerians. . . .and many Nairalanders are eager to eat the same cake already!

Count me out!. . . try next door!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by sammyzacks(m): 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2010
All of you guys casting aspersions on Dora are enemies of Nigeria. Show me anyone that has the clean record that she has. Tell me any meaningful thing that Kanti Bello said. Foolish old man, instead of discussing issues he was shameless to talk about women matter on national TV.
Dora should be celebrated as a hero.She kicked started the process that brought stability to the process that brought Jonathan. Jonathan recognizes that and called her back to serve.Who is Kanti Bello? Why is it that more honourable senators do not share his wicked passion? If it were not for politics and the fact that he got there by rigging , is he qualify in anyway to stand Dora? Nonsense! absolute nonsense!!
And believe me, whether she passes the screening or not, she stays with her integrity and someday she will come back and serve this land on a higher capacity.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by ourwale: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
The school of public opinion still believes Dora spoke more in the nation's and constitution's interest. this i believe also because considering the volume of issues on ground already in this country, i still feel adding a coup to that lump will be "double wahala for dead body". however Dora has a way of getting physical and emotional. Dora's speech should have gone straight to the logical reasons,  but like her usual self, she mixed it so much with emotions. As a minister, things should be done with Logical reasons (and not emotions). many a nigerian elite already have their emotions seared. if emotions thrive in nigeria, hospitals and roads will be the first beneficiaries but today, everyone reserves all emotions for his children only. Dora is sincere(everybody knows already) but she should understand that open confrontation like this outside a court of law makes even a criminal know his next plan. A wise man does not say everything on his mind.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by soldee: 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2010
As far I could tell, what happened between Kanti Bello and Dora was some personal Poo that was aired in public. They are both obviously part of the Yar'Adua kitchen and he's pissed that she could be so brazen in her betrayal. It must have been a very cosy cabal for him to have been so miffed by her action - the guy almost passed out! And did you notice how uncomfortable Dora was when he stood up to question her? Only God knows what Kanti was doing for Yar'Adua while Dora was cooking for Turai!

By the way she has not been confirmed Minister. The Senate still has to vote during 'consideration'. What we saw was the 'screening'. I believe David Mark made that abundantly clear during Dora's questioning.

I wonder what Dora is doing for Patience already cool
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
soldee:

As far I could tell, what happened between Kanti Bello and Dora was some personal Poo that was aired in public. They are both obviously part of the Yar'Adua kitchen and he's pissed that she could be so brazen in her betrayal. It must have been a very cosy cabal for him to have been so miffed by her action - the guy almost passed out! And did you notice how uncomfortable Dora was when he stood up to question her? Only God knows what Kanti was doing for Yar'Adua while Dora was cooking for Turai!

By the way she has not been confirmed Minister. The Senate still has to vote during 'consideration'. What we saw was the 'screening'. I believe David Mark made that abundantly clear during Dora's questioning.

I wonder what Dora is doing for Patience already  cool

Probably giving him a blów job
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by rasputinn(m): 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2010
I watched the show of shame in the name of ministerial screening by some undistinguished & dishonourable senators especially Kanti Bello.That man only succeeded in exposing his ignorance of section 15 of the Nigerian constitution & his lack of patriotism
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by rasputinn(m): 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
Some senators,who by their actions yesterday gave Nigerians an indication of the senators dat belong to the Turai cabal,they also made a fool of themselves.I'm sure their children really felt embarrassed by their shameful conduct.Kanti Bello is just a foool
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Arysexy(m): 12:54am On Mar 31, 2010
BREAKING NEWS: Sen. Panti Bello rushed to Yaba Psychiatric.

violent,kobojunkie,bluetooth,fakepoint and others y'all also need to visit there. MUMUs
grin grin grin cool cool cool

i don laf tire! am rolling on the floor!!!!!!! my stomach is aching me!!!!!!!!!!!

what was diagnosed? did he take weed? bc i watched him ranting like somebody that has taken weed, it remains for him to draw his dagger from his konkosa abi na agbada and stab Prof dora as they do to Birom ppl. They shuld also rush him to saudi arabia psychiatric hospital for a normal check, the cow is a real lunatic!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by ModestSam(m): 1:27am On Mar 31, 2010
Arysexy:

BREAKING NEWS: Sen. Panti Bello rushed to Yaba Psychiatric.

violent,kobojunkie,bluetooth,fakepoint and others y'all also need to visit there. MUMUs
grin grin grin cool cool cool

i don laf tire! am rolling on the floor!!!!!!! my stomach is aching me!!!!!!!!!!!

what was diagnosed? did he take weed? bc i watched him ranting like somebody that has taken weed, it remains for him to draw his dagger from his konkosa abi na agbada and stab Prof dora as they do to Birom ppl. They shuld also rush him to saudi arabia psychiatric hospital for a normal check, the cow is a real lunatic!

I concur with you Arysexy.
The senators are just uncivilised. I couldn't expect more from "Chicago" graduates, who got into the senate by killing, maiming and bending over backwards for their godfathers.
None of the senators is elected, so they are all self serving ninnies.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by marvix(m): 3:27am On Mar 31, 2010
I have taken my time to go thru all posts b4 dis post and come to a conclusion that we have very sophisticated fools in this forum led by bluetooth and kobojunkie I only hope they are as old as their rep @ d senate kanti bello so that they can all go together.

What did Dora do wrong as Info nd Comm minista, anyone who wants to convince us on dis forum of her failure should first nd foremost give us d KPIs he/she intends to use nd how Dora fell short. To me Dora did her job well and stood in d interest of d nation @ any given time pls can anyone tell me a statement Dora made that has been proven to be a lie, not speculated nd not an inference frm her statement but her exact statements dat were false.

On the Dora, Yaradua nd Jonathan triparte, I want to state categorically dat I don't believe dat Dora did anything exceptional in her memo, Dora neva asked dat Jonathan be sworn in as Ag President because u don't SWEAR IN an Ag President. Dora in her memo only asked dat Yaradua shld write oficialy dat he was ill so that pending issues which nobody cld attend to cld be attended to, like sending bills to d NASS, swearing in of perm seconds and so on pending d presidents return, so personally I don't c her as a hero in the emergence of Jonathan as Ag President, but rather c Jonathan as d hero who patiently played d politics and steered d state peacefully while it all lasted.

Kanti is an educated illiterate who went ahead to show d level of his stupidity on live TV, was dat d sort of question he cld think of to put Dora on d spot, how does it affect d nation or his constituents in Katsina if Dora cooked rice for Turai. His question dat day made his case a hopeles one even Yaradua wld not find it commendable to say d least. I thot deeply abt kantis ranting and felt dat d screening of senators shld be more rigorous than they are now so dat half baked literates don't make it to d hallowed chambers, I thot of askin dat min qualification bcom a PHD 4 aspirin senators, then I know dat fools like kanti can buy even a profesorate, so my final recomendation on screening is dat afta political parties hav conducted primaries candidates should be sent to Abj for an IQ test and anyone with an IQ less than 70% should be disqualified so dat wen issues are bein discussed in d hallowed chambers we would be sure dat intellectuals are actually d ones reasoning things out on our behalf, and wen u make stupid comments lik kanti we can den ask 4 ur IQ test results.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by teskyg: 8:34am On Mar 31, 2010
Kanti Bello is a big fool, What do you expect of a Senator who stole himself to power, Yar Adua is history as long as Nigeria is concern and Kanti Bello should wake up , He is part of the cabal who wants to ruin this country during the Yar Adua crisis, The were in disguised, he couldnt hide his frustration, Dora will be a Minister whether the idoit likes it or not, he is a loser
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by onyengbu1(m): 9:47am On Mar 31, 2010
it is not what you said that i dont like. It is the fact that seun allowed a lunatic like you to be prowling Nairaland.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by marvix(m): 9:50am On Mar 31, 2010
@onye I agree with u he shld be banned frm dis forum. His comments mak no sense
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 31, 2010
[size=20pt]I weep for this country cry cry [/size]
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Realpoint(m): 11:00am On Mar 31, 2010
Aba shoot2kill spare her life please.

@onye and marvix

This forum is not meant for u guys alone let him say his mind ooo or is it because he is not in your side? Freedom of speech.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by cpatra(f): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
Shoot2kill, it's a pity dat people like Dora are not meant 4 hell. They're 2 bad for d place. There presence alone will cause big wahala. Hell needs likes of you and Bello, u've all the excellent qualities 2 be there.

Unlike in Nigeria, we're thriving 2 re brand, pls your kind is not needed. Go to where you fit well,
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
It is so hillarious how Nigerians enjoy being DISTRACTED by the mundane. Up until about three days ago, I bet none of your ever heard of the Bello man or what he stood for, but as soon as you saw those bytes of him attacking your HERO Dora on tv, you immediately concluded on his person without even thinking to actually research/investigate the man and the situation that led up to that seriously disturbing question. 

Anyways, Bello is not the one of the hot seat today, and honestly, I believe it is petty minds that allow that man to seat where he does today. I can't say those people are any different from those UNWILLING to consider the record of their hero before calling for reinstatement. I mean how else do we think people like Yar adua, Jonathan, Iwu, Mark, Bankole got to where they are today? Because gullible folks, so easy to forgive atrocious records and mismanagement when given 'candy', give them backing and praise to get back there. Iwu, after so many years of being blamed for election irregularities is already getting support from similarly minded Nigerians. As we speak many are rallying to have him reinstalled. Even so-called ethnic leaders are pushing for him to remain.  . .  anyways, this is Nigeria.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by alldone(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2010
it is ok for her to come back, i hope she will do better now. she had good pedigree until this information minister issue but she rcovered herself dooo.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by patdedon1: 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2010
Nigerian should try to call a spade a spade. What happen in the presidency is a lesson for the younger generation of Nigeria to learn from. We are too backward and hate change. In all that we have said so far, can the anti Dora be bold enough to tell their children the truth? The evil that men do will ever leave with them. I have realize that 90% of the problem in this country are cause by the people and not government. But in as much as we still have people who are patriotic, Nigeria must experience a change. Think about the future and think about the generation yet unborn.

UBONG DAVID
President, ReBranding Nigeria Youth Initiative
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by patdedon1: 1:15pm On Apr 01, 2010
Nigeria is a great nation with talented young people like Ndubuisi Ekekwe, Kate Okikiolu, Nnedi Okorafor, etc who can turns things around in this country. Why do we refuse to use them to effect a change that we all wanted to see? This is a big question begging for an answer. Nigerian youth we need to wake up and not supporting crooks who do influence us with the stolen money meant to developed this country.Until we say no to corruption, cabalism, clique, etc Nigeria will still be underdeveloped after 2015 MDGs dateline. Lets inculcate the core values of integrity, accountability, transparency, patriotism, loyalty not compromise, truthfulness,empathy, etc.
THINK NIGERIA, THINK GREATNESS

UBONG DAVID
Rebranding Nigeria Youth Initiative
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by yemismashy: 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2010
Our leaders cant do more than embarrass us time and again on national television. What a shame!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by ELNAFATY1: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2010
Many are for Aunty Dora was questioned are few are for Lado and Kanti Bello are right. atleast I will say Dora. makes much mouth if U could remember,
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by drake2(m): 12:59am On Apr 06, 2010
I wonder what some distinguished proffesionals look for in Government, a quick look up of prof's academic and proffèsional career says it all. Now, wat d heck was she looking for in yaradua Govt? Maybe to cook for semi literate madam who shud not have left rural kastina in a family farm house. Naija will never get there with kpanti Bellos whose google search returned only cattle rearing results. Doomed naija!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
Bump
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2011
ROFLMAO!!! . . . this marked the beginning of her second term wasting tax payer money accomplishing nothing in a ministry where all that was really required of her was help Nigeria catch up with the rest of the world. She already had her rebranding money --- yet she did nothing of it in 2010.

Please, let us start a monitor of some sort to monitor all the new senators ooo. We need to start making these people know we will no longer be silent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths: We’re Ready For Dissolution / Nigeria Gains $22m From Bonny Light Crude In December / Education: Sani Uba Decries Mass Failure, Poor Quality Of Teachers In Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.