Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! (6063 Views)

NY Times : The North Stirs The South Frets / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Kumuyi Stirs The Xmas Hornets Nest By Osondu Ahirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by agapeLuv1(m): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2010
WELL Auntie Dora has done well with Nafdac , She need to pray for more wisdom [b]to swim with the shack[/b]s grin grin grin

Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
is this all wat aunty dora worth for all her effort when she was at nafdac.nairalanders.haba.i think that statement is too much for a ministerian.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by cjfavour(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
Owanigbo, your right up is correct.  Nex and Bluetooth,you are among those that does not want the progress of this country.What Dora did during that period of disgrace in Nigeria was in order. How can there be a nation without a president for such a long time? Have you heard of such thing before? Recently, the president of Egypt travelled for medical treatment. He handed over to somebody but it did not happened in Nigeria. Somebody stood up against that and you are calling her names.Shame on the two of you.
Dora Akunyili is a hero any day ,anytime in  nigeria.Or were you among those she stopped production of fke drugs? Is that why you are insulting her? Or are you a dream killer that you have seen that she is becoming a star, a rallying point for a greater Nigeria and you and your group are afraid of her? You can not stop. Aunty please ride on. God is with you and may God continue to protect you from the evil arrows of the enemies of progress.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by ebor(m): 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2010
whatever anybody says, Dora has honourably written her name in our golden sand of history by taking the historic move 2challenge the vampires/cabals tormenting us, headlong ,even at the risk of her live. what she needs is commendation coz her bold move was the turning point in the ya'adua illness saga. and Kanti Bello's questions 2 say the least were puerile and his action amounted to trivialising such important national assignment of screening ministerial nominees. our senators shul learn to address issues of dev instead of dissipating their energy on trying to achieve personal vendetta.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2010
4peace:

I wish this woman should be posted to EFCC and lets see whats up
.pls let her not be posted to efcc so that they wont kill her like they tried to wen she was at nafdac.because dis time many loot wi surely b exploit.her life matter most she is a good instrument for taking nigeria to a better level.she is just too much
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by chelseabmw(m): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
they should leave this woman alone
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2010
cjfavour:

Owanigbo, your right up is correct.  Nex and Bluetooth,you are among those that does not want the progress of this country.What Dora did during that period of disgrace in Nigeria was in order. How can there be a nation without a president for such a long time? Have you heard of such thing before? Recently, the president of Egypt travelled for medical treatment. He handed over to somebody but it did not happened in Nigeria. Somebody stood up against that and you are calling her names.Shame on the two of you.
Dora Akunyili is a hero any day ,anytime in  nigeria.Or were you among those she stopped production of fke drugs? Is that why you are insulting her? Or are you a dream killer that you have seen that she is becoming a star, a rallying point for a greater Nigeria and you and your group are afraid of her? You can not stop. Aunty please ride on. God is with you and may God continue to protect you from the evil arrows of the enemies of progress.
you people are living in a sugar-coated world forgetting that the real world lies beneath.you are being economical with the truth.if not,why is difficult to answer this simple question.WHY DID DORA HAVE TO WAIT TO CONFIRM THAT YARADUA WILL NOT COME BACK AS PRESIDENT BEFORE SHE START ALL HER FREAKY DISPLAY?
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you people are living in a sugar-coated world forgetting that the real world lies beneath.you are being economical with the truth.if not,why is difficult to answer this simple question.WHY DID DORA HAVE TO WAIT TO CONFIRM THAT YARADUA WILL NOT COME BACK AS PRESIDENT BEFORE SHE START ALL HER FREAKY DISPLAY?

Roflmao!!!

I keep asking if Nigerians themselves are ready for change and some fight me for that. People only need to search Nairaland archives to brush up on the events of the last year and Dora's position in all. I don't understand, for the life of me, why we keep painting fantasy pictures of there being some underground conspiracy when all these people are operating in broad daylight for all to see and know the truth of what is going on.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by oloniyo: 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
when God is backing you, when you arrives in the midst of your enemy, they would turn the heat on themselves. ditto 4 dora akunyunli
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by safariman(m): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
I am not condoning Kanti's behaviour and his lines of questioning, but for all of these Dora apologists and supporters, question to you guys is how well did Dora handle or perform as the Information minister?
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by oloniyo: 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
you and i knew how dora performed at Nafdac, this time around a round peg was put in a square hole that is how i can describe her situation, put Dora where she needs to be, i bet she would deliever
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!!

I keep asking if Nigerians themselves are ready for change and some fight me for that. People only need to search Nairaland archives to brush up on the events of the last year and Dora's position in all. I don't understand, for the life of me, why we keep painting fantasy pictures of there being some underground conspiracy when all these people are operating in broad daylight for all to see and know the truth of what is going on.
maybe you should lecture since i can't dig the archives.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by jumobi1(m): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2010
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by naso2(m): 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
safariman:

I am not condoning Kanti's behaviour and his lines of questioning, but for all of these Dora apologists and supporters, question to you guys is how well did Dora handle or perform as the Information minister?

For starters why not tell us ?
Tell us what she did wrong and the good things she ommited. Please compare this record to that of past INFO ministers, then we can start talking.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by oloniyo: 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2010
wot do u me 4 starters
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2010
oloniyo:

you and i knew how dora performed at Nafdac, this time around a round peg was put in a square hole that is how i can describe her situation, put Dora where she needs to be, i bet she would deliever

What has NAFDAC to do with Politics? Do you realize she was the Minister of Information before we got to this point?
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Mkpotu(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
@ Bluetooth and co, we have known Dora for well over 11yrs right from her NAFDAC time and people who knew her before all testified as to her good and straight forward character, so your cheap insinuations that she has a motive is immaterial.

See let me tell you, everybody cannot be cowards like you. People have been destined to be distinguished in their life time and I think Dora is one of them.

I have been reading your writeups, and I have come to a conclusion that either you are a tribal bigot or you are one of those people that do not wish Nigeria well. NAFDAC has been there before she came in, but she distinguished herself when she took over the affairs of NAFDAC. Similarly in the dissolved FEC she was not the only member; Why didnt other ministers become opportunistic too and write the memo so that their name(s) in the history of time? Rather they chose to keep mum. Do you know that in the normal sense, the FEC violated sec. 144 & 145 CFRN, which empowers them to declare the president or vp incapacitated. And you are here talking of LOYALTY. By the way loyalty to whom? Is it to Yaradua who has been comatoose right from the time he left Nigeria or Tutai/cabal, abeg please wake up and be sincere to yourself.

You said It was obvious that Dora knew Yaradua will not come back, , How do you mean, was she in Saudi or what? A president that they even told you that his inlaws who are governors could not see him, yet you open your mouth to say Dora knew, abeg let's tell ourselves the truth and appreciate somebody for once.

Anyway I do not blame you, because people like you do not have the balls to come to the battle field, you only sit down behind your pc and be critizing, because i know for sure that if Dora had played along and l8r Nigeria disintegrates or whatever, I know people like you and your cohorts will come out to say that you are not surprised, that her wonderful achievements in NAFDAC was a pretence so that she can have her way to become a minister inorder to loot money but unfornately she has disappointed you and done the right thing.

As per Senator Panti Bello, i have nothing to tell him, but its a pity he has disgraced himself and showcased his ignorance and ineptitude. Its a shame for him, because their plans could not materialize.

As per AUNTIE DORA, MY PRAYERS IS THAT GOD WILL CONTINUE TO GUIDE AND DIRECT YOU IN ALL YOUR AFFAIRS. YOUR LIFE WILL BE PROTECTED. WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT, THEY CANNOT CHANGE YOUR DESTINY, JUST CONTINUE TO KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN . If you have not been keeping your hands clean, the Nigerian politics that i know, by now they would have framed LIKE 150 count charges against you but they do not have anything that was why they are looking for cheap blackmails and intimidation, but they will not succeed.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Meldrick(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
If Jesus Christ is to come again and reveal himself don't be surprised that people will still condenm him and reject him openly even on Nairaland here. Some people are meant to be Judases and Thomas.

Can u imagine someone saying Dora knew Yaradua will not come back and that was why she made that move. Why was she the only one confident to make that move. Even Goodluck Jonathan was trying to play safe but whether the devil likes it or not she made the tough move that put an end to Nigerians been ruled by an Invisible leader.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by safariman(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2010
@na so
I can't think of what she did right, The whole Yar'adua's misinformation is what one of many things she did wrong. She was not polished enough as Information minister, telling the whole public about her personal life and coming to reality when it was expedient to do so
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by safariman(m): 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
@Mpoktu
Whether other FEC members should have spoken up is irrelevant since we are only discussing her, all I am saying is she is not genuine, I met the President a couple of times and from the brief encounters, I can tell the man cannot continue to run this country and yet, here is the information that attends FEC on a weekly basis that couldn't come to a similar conclusion and only do so when others (protests etc) raised their voices.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
Meldrick:

If Jesus Christ is to come again and reveal himself don't be surprised that people will still condenm him and reject him openly even on Nairaland here. Some people are meant to be Judases and Thomas.

Can u imagine someone saying Dora knew Yaradua will not come back and that was why she made that move. Why was she the only one confident to make that move. Even Goodluck Jonathan was trying to play safe but whether the devil likes it or not she made the tough move that put an end to Nigerians been ruled by an Invisible leader.

What a moronic way to argue anything. What has Jesus Christ to do with this? What has this Religious figure to do with the records of a Nigerian politician? unbeweavable!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Mkpotu(m): 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
@ Safariman, i cant even understand your own line of arguement. You are of the view that she was not polished and that she was telling the public about her personal life.

May I ask you, is it Safariman's personal life that she told the public, if not why are you taking panadol for another person's headache? It is her personal life and not yours please.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2010

When a minister of Information comes on National TV to lie to the whole country.

Doras supporters would say we should forgive her for MISinforming the country. Should we say the same for Maurice Iwu and IBB too?

Check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362608.0.html
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by safariman(m): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2010
It is unbecoming of an Information minister, the face of the Republic to be undiplomatic
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2010
Dora has a loose mouth, she lacks the basic composure spirit!

All she is doing is to try to win the hearts of a few gullible Nigerians after her shameful tenure in the information ministry.

She achieved a lot as the NAFDAC boss, yes?

But as an information minister she súcks!

someone should have told her flying a plane and sailing a ship are entirely two different things. . . . any other respectable individual with the slightest self worth would have resigned long time ago in protest of a corrupt government, but dear Aunty Dora being the Nigerian with an unquenchable thirst for power, she is will never do that, she will instead focus the slightest ways to paint herself white for all Nigerians to shout "Hail Aunty Dora, the best of them all"

Other than exposing the world to the dirty contents of her buccal cavity, i will like someone to explain to us here what the woman has achieved in the information ministry!

If you are on the Devil's team, eat the devil's food, don't come out and present yourself a saint. . . . . its is an insult to our intelligence!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
[size=13pt]mikeansy [/size] Posts: 2442

Re: I Pity Dora
« #17 on: December 06, 2009, 06:33 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Paroh_frey on December 06, 2009, 06:15 PM
^^^

Please give us reasons why you think she shoud quit. Please i beg you.

Because in 21st century spin doctoring, half truths or being economical with the truth is better than blatant and childish lies.

For Example  Dora Akunyili within the same week asked Nigerians to pray for |Yar'adua and yet had the audacity to announce the FEC decision to pass Yar'adua fit to govern without a credible medical check. Thats speaking from both sides of your mouth.

Besides Yar'adua has a spress secretary in the person of Segun Adeniyi. I expected Dora Akunyili to redefine her role and pay more attention liaising with telecom industries to improve internet and telephony in Nigeria.

[size=13pt]She does not need to be Yar'adua's spokesman. No need to duplicate Adeniyi's job. She should go, she has lost it.
[/size]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362608.0.html

The above post was from less than 4 month ago, exactly two months before Dora decided to pretend to FLIP on the "CABAL" for Nigeria and Yaradua's sake! grin
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
I see some past posts by some people on this thread and I wonder how fickle we are as Nigerians

mikeansy

Re: I Pity Dora
« #10 on: December 06, 2009, 06:14 PM »  

Why is it that when the Government seems to want to make some kind of partially credible revelation, Segun Adeniyi seems to grant such press confrences. But when a controversial Government statement is to be made Dora Akunyili is chosen.

I feel so sorry for her because she does not seem to know what they are doing to her, she seems to do these things always shinning her eyes.

I love the woman and I hope she quits. She has already destroyed herself, being a spin doctor in Yar'adua's colourless Government is the toughest job in the world and she should not have taken up the job.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by smooooooth: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
now we can see the faces behind the mask. see why Nigeria go tay grow!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
Kobo junkie

Can you bolden this part of your quote

She does not need to be Yar'adua's spokesman. No need to duplicate Adeniyi's job. She should go, she has lost it.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by babsmii(m): 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What a moronic way to argue anything. What has Jesus Christ to do with this? What has this Religious figure to do with the records of a Nigerian politician? unbeweavable!

a lot by brother, it shows the extent at which Nigerians do not want to sit back and think. they know the truth but will never agree to it.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2010
@DayoKanu, please find the one on Ekiti make we compare and constrast please . . . lol
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2010
Xavier.

Dora Akunliyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:34 AM »

A year ago, I would have laid down my life in defence of anything and everything Mrs Dora Akinluyi does. She was my mentor, my role model. To me she was the epitome of everything good. Courageous, eloquent, smart and God-fearing, she was my hero.

But listening to Dora's comments, in news this morning, on the Ekiti saga. All my admirations for her evaporated. I had started having doubts about her since she accepted the position of Information Minsiter. Now all of my doubts are confirmed. Mrs Dora Akinluyi is just like every other politician in the country, self serving, greedy and ready to do the biddings of her masters (regardless of the implication of such deeds).

Mrs Akinluyi murdered the character of the Resident Electoral Commisioner for Ekiti state. It was simply a show of shame.

Personally I feel let down. One of my 'larger than life' heroes has fallen flat to the ground. Maybe there are just no super humans. Maybe deep inside we all the same - selfish, greedy and heartless.

Sobs,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-267021.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Viral Photos Of El-rufai's Son In Compromising Situations / Before This Ethnic Joke Goes To FAR - / Education: Sani Uba Decries Mass Failure, Poor Quality Of Teachers In Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.