Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! (6042 Views)

NY Times : The North Stirs The South Frets / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Kumuyi Stirs The Xmas Hornets Nest By Osondu Ahirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
Kobojunkie that was accused of being Dora's supporter is now being accused of being Dora's enemy.

Kobo, I pity you, BTW how Chicago?
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
mikeansy

Re: Dora Akinluyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing
« #39 on: April 29, 2009, 02:39 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dora's credibility is totally destroyed

She should go and rebrand herself.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
texazzpete (m)

Re: Dora Akinluyi - A Wolf Finally Putting Off Its Sheep Clothing
« #34 on: April 29, 2009, 11:32 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had lost any respect for Akinyuli after her incredibly silly analogies in comparing Nigeria with other industrialized nations in the world.
For a Professor to insist that Nigeria is still better than South Africa because the SA president had intimacy with a love-peddler, you've got to be kidding!

Kobojunkie can be inconsistent at times, taking sharp digs at Nigerians who praise Governors when they do what they are supposed to have done in the first place, yet joining in the ranks of Dora's passionate defenders even when it cannot be proved that she did anything above the call of duty.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Mkpotu(m): 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2010
From what some people are writing here, it will take Nigeria a long way to get better. You want Dora to resign, for What? Is she not a Nigerian? Does she not have right to make her own contribution for the progress of her nation?

Infact i do not understand this country, where corruption has eaten deep into our blood system such that any attempt to fight it is always resisted even by those who are yet to taste political powers, which way Nigeria?

Dora is not resigning anything, untill she makes up her mind she can go if she likes but if not, your wish is not her wish.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Meldrick(m): 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What a moronic way to argue anything. What has Jesus Christ to do with this? What has this Religious figure to do with the records of a Nigerian politician? unbeweavable!

Never seen a hypocritical idiot like you. Speaks with two sides of his mouth.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2010
City is awesome, as always!! Can't wait to get on my bike and ride down to the lake this spring.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2010
Watch it before I run you over on Lakeshore avenue.

I might hit Chi town this summer
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2010
I find it amazing that people are highlighting my previous posts on Dora where she did wrong. Well for your information I am proud of those posts. If anything it highlights the fact that I have been on the path of truth at all times. Its a simple fact that standing for truth at all times may see you criticising those you previously supported depending on the pendulum of the actions of these individuals.

They seem to suggest that because I criticised her when I thought she did wrong, I can not applaud her when she does right. Its also instructive that this group of people defended Dora when she was doing wrong and seem to criticize her now that she put country first. shocked shocked shocked

I think its safe to say that perhaps this people fall into the group of those who I described in my previous posts as masking their positions into something else.

Dora has been re-appointed Minister. Get used to it folks!!!!!!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
I have a problem with you advocating someone you claim has lost credibility for a ministerial position.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
Dude, we are speaking of a country that appointed a man who FAILED for 8 years as State Government, President. The man even held the whole nation hostage for 3 months to go deal with his health without even leaving his deputy in charge, and is expected to come back afterall that. What else cannot be allowed by the same people after that?

hhmm. . . . I wonder who the next Minister of Communication will be and what "REBRANDING" Project that one will bring us to eat up. grin
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2010
It is so shameful that many folks will never be able to think beyond their next meal of the day. . .

I implore the gullible ones amongst us to get their brains off their arses just this once. . .what exactly has Dora done that makes her look sooo fantastic all of a sudden?.  . .

She said there are some "cabals" in the system. . . . .so what? we know that already!

She requested that the Vice President be sworn in as the acting president. . . . .after Nigerians are tired of crying home and abroad and she saw that senate is about taking that decision!

She did well at NAFDAC?. . .yes, but after which the thirst for power dragged her down the well just like many others that have gone right before her!

so what the fck has she achieved?

The ársehole is yet to fully account for the NTA scandal that she got herself deeply involved in. . .and all because she said a few undiplomatic words, many Nairalanders are quick to dress in their native clothes to celebrate the greatest Hypocrite of all times.

Tell us what she achieved. . . how her ministry has bettered the life of the average Nigerian or shut it! angry
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
The government is deeply mired in corruption, she works for the government, she drives about in government cars, collect stupendous jumbo salaries as well as bonuses while the average Nigerian suffers, she even brands herself as the "minister of rebranding", she moves about with high shoulders that come with being a minister of the federal republic. . . and just because she saw an imminent change, she switched sides.

She simply left the "Yaradua" sinking ship . . and the pathetic ways that folks got swooped by her actions makes me question if we've got sane minded individuals in this country or not.

How do you fight a corrupt government that pays your bills. . . in another 6 months time God forbid Goodluck falling sick, we will probably be hearing a new song from the loose cannon.

The way she speaks is another issue that ought to be addressed. . .sometimes i wonder which one she does first, thinking or speaking?

She needs rebranding!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
Dora was not the only re-appointed ex-Minister

The only unique thing she did was to encourage her fellow FEC members to do right thing.

No other ex-Minister (from Ojo Maduekwe, to Odein Ajumogbia, to Kayode etc. ) is being villified for the status quo except for the very Minister who dared to speak out.

That tells me the reasons you guys single her out is not for the sins of the 42 Ministers but for her singular bravery. It is my hope that you guys should be courageous enough to accuse Dora of what you guys really have against her instead of masking it into something else.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2010
I didn't know people were PRAISING Ojo Madueke, Odein Ajumogbia, to Kayode for accomplishing zilch as well.

Hey Admin, where are the threads PRAISING AND SHOWERING GLORIES On the other re-appointed ministers for accomplishing next to nothing? Where are those threads glorifying he mediocre works of the other ministers? How come I can only see those threads glorifying Dora's bungling track record as minister? I demand you allow me see them now   undecided cry embarassed angry angry
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I didn't know people were PRAISING Ojo Madueke, Odein Ajumogbia, to Kayode for accomplishing zilch as well.

Hey Admin, where are the threads PRAISING AND SHOWERING GLORIES On the other re-appointed ministers for accomplishing next to nothing? How come I can't see them? undecided cry embarassed angry angry

How many threads did you start protesting the re-appointment of those other folks?

be courageous enough to tell us why you are angry with Dora at this time. Afterall you are hiding behind a computer, no one will beat you up.

Just be honest to yourself, why is Dora being singled out? Is it because she spoke out for what is right on this occassion?

You guys need to do some soul searching!!!!!
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2010
mikeansy:

Dora was not the only re-appointed ex-Minister

The only unique thing she did was to encourage her fellow FEC members to do right thing.

No other ex-Minister (from Ojo Maduekwe, to Odein Ajumogbia, to Kayode etc. ) is being villified for the status quo except for the very Minister who dared to speak out.

That tells me the reasons you guys single her out is not for the sins of the 42 Ministers but for her singular bravery. It is my hope that you guys should be courageous enough to accuse Dora of what you guys really have against her instead of masking it into something else.

Ha!. . i see!

For more than 3 years? all she did according to your post was to "encourage her fellow Ministers"

The country is has been sitting on a keg of gunpowder and all she did was to encourage!

She gets paid from the tax payers money and all she did was to encourage!

Hell, i can also do that . . .i don't even need experience to do that!. . . . i feel encouraged already
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2010
@MikeAnsy,

Learn when to stop rambling! I don't have any reason to start any threads for anyone of them because I expect it is obvious to all those involved that their record speaks volumes of what their reappointment is about, the Nigerian problem of Recycling mediocrity in the name of progress to try to hoodwink people.

However, when people like you serve up a dish filled with the same old crap, and try to convince me it is NEW and Better, I have an issue with that.

Dora is on the same level as the other ministers you mentioned up there. All Accomplished next to nothing for over a year. Dora is on the same level as all the other ministers you mentioned there only that you are here trying to tell me that out of thing air, she ought to be some SAINT because she acted as any opportunist would to save her head in all. Heck, if it is that easy to get a hallo, then maybe Iwu deserves one for stating that UWai report needs to be implemented. I should create a thread to praise him and make him messiah for that, shouldn't I?

Dora went as far as to appear on National TV on numerous occassions to LIE to the Nigerian people. In fact it was one bungling mistake after another during her time as communication minister and there is no secret made of this. You are recorded to have urged her to step down less than 2 months before she decide to swing to the other vine, AFTER Nigerians started protesting in huge numbers; AFTER there were signs that things needed to change and quickly. It did not need to take a rocket scientist to figure something was about to happen, and it did too. She conveniently wrote a letter just 7 days before the vote that installed Jonathan as president. 7 days, this is after months of convincing the nation Yar adua is still the man. Did she not know a vote was coming up 7 days later?  But here YOU are telling me she is a CHANGED being and deserves a Hallo, and that, my friend, is what I find unbeweavble and unacceptable.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@MikeAnsy,

Learn when to stop rambling! I don't have any reason to start any threads for anyone of them because I expect it is obvious to all those involved that their record speaks volumes of what their reappointment is about, the Nigerian problem of Recycling mediocrity in the name of progress to try to hoodwink people.

However, when people like you serve up a dish filled with the same old crap, and try to convince me it is NEW and Better, I have an issue with that. Dora is on the same level as the other ministers you mentioned up there. All Accomplished next to nothing for over a year. Dora went as far as to appear on National TV on numerous occassions to LIE to the Nigerian people, But here YOU are telling me she is a CHANGED being and deserves a Hallo, and that, my friend, is what I find unbeweavble and unacceptable.

Even this, is encouraging! cool
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
Why are you not protesting the re-appointment of former FEC members

At the end of the day thats not what this thread is about?

Why is Dora being singled out? is it because she rocked the boat?

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Kx: 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
DORA is being singled out because it is a crime to ask question
or give meaningful advice in the land of the dumb.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by bimbor(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
Did anybody record the session? if you did, pls upload it on facebook. I missed it
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Realpoint(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
@mikeansy,

They seem to suggest that because I criticised her when I thought she did wrong, I can not applaud her when she does right. Its also instructive that this group of people defended Dora when she was doing wrong and seem to criticize her now that she put country first.  

She did wrong then or you thought she did wrong?Noooooo please change your approach to issues because your contribution on NL are baseless then if you can't standby what you have said.How can you talk without facts?

Dora is not saint I repeat so she need to do good work like she did in NAFDAC before I can praise her.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by SLIMDODOUBLEGEE: 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
Mrs. Akunyili went ahead to explain how she had organised prayer and fasting for Mr. Yar'Adua when he fell ill initially.
grin grin grin, prayer warrior indeed, did she also collect offering money n maybe tithes.Believe me, dat would be the main reason 4 organising such political service.
whatever!!!!!! i hope she would be cleared kuz i lyke her guts
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by switosman(m): 6:45pm On Mar 30, 2010
SLIM D.O DOUBLE GEE:

Mrs. Akunyili went ahead to explain how she had organised prayer and fasting for Mr. Yar'Adua when he fell ill initially.
grin grin grin, prayer warrior indeed, did she also collect offering money n maybe tithes.Believe me, dat would be the main reason 4 organising such political service.
whatever!!!!!! i hope she would be cleared kuz i lyke her guts

you see your dirty life, dont learn to apprecaite good when you see it, keep criticizing with your dirty mouth n fingers. fool.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by switosman(m): 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2010
Another side to all these pple can't see is,

In every twelve there must be a judas. twelve bad disciples, there is one good; twelve good disciples then a bad one lucks somewhere. Dora, yes has been there with the whole lot in the FEC. but when her time came she struck. accept it, its real. judas was the reason we have salvation today. she is the reason jonathan n the progress we register today is taking place.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by franctony(m): 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
BREAKING NEWS: Sen. Panti Bello rushed to Yaba Psychiatric.

violent,kobojunkie,bluetooth,fakepoint and others y'all also need to visit there. MUMUs
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nneomaj(f): 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2010
It's suprising to hear pple like bluetooth talk about loyalty to a boss. I still pray 4 d president but should we continue to be loyal to som1 we dont know his where about. Madam Dora did d right thing even she has cooked 4 Turai or not. I wud have done same if i were in her shoes. Nigeria shud not be held hostage by some group of pple.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2010
franctony:

violent,kobojunkie,bluetooth,fakepoint and others y'all also need to visit there.  MUMUs

i tot heroine is illegal in the country?. . .where do you get your supplies from?
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by bobokelly(m): 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2010
The best way to proof her integrity, is to resign , and if she is nominated for the second term, she would have rejected it , that where Nigerians will understand she in honest and sincere, otherwise  she also benefit something int hat position she is holding, that is Nigerians for you.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Realpoint(m): 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
franctony:

violent,kobojunkie,bluetooth,fakepoint and others y'all also need to visit there. MUMUs

I want you to know that I am not in support of the type of screening that is going on for ministers because we need sensible questions not cooking for Turai. we all know that those senators has nothing in their head so Sen. Kanti Bello is out the race but proof Dora achievement while in office as Information Minister.

Note: we are not supporting Y'adua but supporting the truth.Only time will tell who is MUMU in this forum.
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by violent(m): 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2010
bobokelly:

The best way to proof her integrity, is to resign , and if she is nominated for the second term, she would have rejected it , that where Nigerians will understand she in honest and sincere, otherwise  she also benefit something int hat position she is holding, that is Nigerians for you.

Exactly my point!

too bad many folks here hate to use their brains
Re: Akunyili's Confirmation Stirs The Senate! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
bobokelly:

it's either you are for or against but dora wanted to be both.honestly,nigeria politicians dont know how to tender resignation at critical times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare / Islamic Banking: Oritsejafor Replies Sultan! / Ghana’s Economy Cursed And Broke – Duncan-williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.