Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ (37156 Views)

Wife To Husband; Yes I Slept With Another Man. What Should He Do? / Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband / I Was A Husband: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Mariangeles(f): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2017
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by newsfromwomen: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2017
This is sadden to hear coming from a woman and hope the court will investigate to know the real truth to the issue.
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Abbeyme: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
Hmm.
So its not legally and morally proper for a woman to be divorced during pregnancy.

Nice to know.

1 Like

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Icon79(m): 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2017
Oya, say it with me ....
.... Woe-men angry sad

May God help His children!

O pari
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by enemyofprogress: 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2017
Funjosh don do ronaldo with another man's wife again
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by odofinerujeje(m): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2017
God have mercy
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Chydo63(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
BornAgainMay:
angry

Please, before we all marry let's be careful of the kind of woman we plan to put at home.

I thought so too, until I got married. Truth is you'd never know a woman completely. They're chameleons by nature! NB : Most of them.
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by buchai: 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2017
things don spoil for Naija now some women have lost shame some have gone far challenging and downgrading their husbands openly just like kudirat case. buhari pls do not run for second term leadership is not by force.

1 Like

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Chydo63(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
Lilmisshy:
It's only PM news I know that like to carry this type of news.
at least the news is different from how politicians are stealing & lying

1 Like

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
I believe the pregnancy is for the husband but out of bitterness and hatred, the wife wants to punish her husband by refusing the husband paternity of the unborn child. The man should try to care for his wife and make up things

2 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by icon8: 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2017
Irresponsible journalism! You had to name (and shame) the innocent little children?

This country sef!
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by oloriLFC(f): 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
Useless Women Everywhere. The Man should even rejoice that d revelation came early and not when he has wasted resources on a child not his.
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by martineverest(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
This is y I like my culture
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Greene66: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2017
JORDAN202:

STUPID MAN !

IMAGINE HOW THE MAN THINKS THAT WHEN THE WOMAN DELIVERS, HE CAN JUST GO AND COLLECT THE BABY.

WHY IS IT THAT NIGERIAN MEN (LIKE ME) ARE SO STUPID & DUMB ??

EVEN IF THE DNA TEST PROVES HE IS THE FATHER, THE CHILD IS NOT HIS TO JUST COME AND TAKE.

WHEN A NIGERIAN MAN MARRIES, HE SOMETIMES BECOMES CONFUSED AS TO HIS IMPORTANCE IN A MARRIAGE OWNING TO THE DOWRY HE MAY HAVE PAID.

AS A FATHER, TRY SUCH WITH MY DAUGHTER, AND GOD or THE DEVIL WILL RECEIVE AN UNPLANNED GUEST THAT DAY.

MARRYING A WOMAN DOES NOT, AND SHOULD NEVER TRANSLATE TO THE MAN OWING THE WOMAN AND THE CHILDREN.

AS MEN, THE EARLIER WE PUT AN END TO THESE CULTURAL BASED CRUELTIES, THE BETTER NIGERIA WILL BE.

You can say this if the man did not pay dowry. As long as a man pay dowry to you in cash or whatever to you for your daughter, guy, na him property oooo. Unless u want to refund the dowry money.

so save urself the stress. Stop the dowry first then you can talk. It's not about stupid or dumb it's about laying claim to what you paid for. Be it an item or a wife.

P.s my father did not accept any dowry not even a bottle of wine from my sister's husband. So yes,, the man no fit misbehave. My father understood that fact. So until Nigerian fathers stop accepting payment for their daughter in the name of dowry, then the young Nigerian men and husbands will no longer be cruel

2 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Finest6: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2017
This is tragedy!!!!!!!
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by phreakabit(m): 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
dre11:

By Kehinde Akinyemi, Abeokuta

[s]A Grade II Customary Court, in Ake, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, listened with amazement yesterday as a housewife bearing a seven-month pregnancy declared she would not give her husband the baby due from her pregnancy, “or else the baby will be drugged to death.”[/s]

The housewife, Kudirat Babatunde, told the court the pregnancy did not belong to her divorce-seeking husband, Kamoru Babatunde, and nothing would make her give him the baby.

[s]Babatunde is, in the suit number CV/232/2017, seeking to divorce his wife and mother of his four children on the grounds of threat to life and lack of care for their four children. The names of the children are Toheed 11; Yusuff 8; Quyum 6; and Segun 4. The seven-month pregnancy is expected to be the fifth child. But Kudirat is maintaining the pregnancy belongs to another man and not Babatunde and has vowed not to give him the expected baby.

In his submission before the court, Babatunde said that sometimes in June this year, Kudirat packed her belongings out of their apartment and all appeals to her by him, his in-laws and members of his family had failed.

He said, “Before she left, she was three months pregnant. And after she left, she was still coming to collect money from me. Since all appeals to her to come back had failed, I was advised to seek this divorce so that if she is no longer interested in the marriage, I should take my baby when she puts to bed.”

Kudirat, in her defence, told the court that her husband was not caring. “He is beating me, beating me all the time. He will not provide money for the upkeep of the house. Yes, I got pregnant, but it is not for him. It was for my man-friend. At least, I should know who owns my pregnancy,” she said.

But Kudirat’s elder sister, Rukayat Sotunde, who appeared as witness, attested that Babatunde should be responsible for Kudirat’s pregnancy.

The court president, Chief O.O. Akande, advised Kudirat not to take any untoward action about both her pregnancy and her marriage until the court delivered judgement on the matter. Chief Akande’s partner on the bench, Mrs. H.I. Majekodunmi, also took time to caution her against drugging the child after she has been delivered of it.

Akande said the law does not allow determination of a divorce suit when a woman is still pregnant. “We have to wait till you have been delivered of the baby and after three months, any of the party can come for divorce. As all can see, this woman is an expectant mother.

“Therefore, we advise both parties to come back on March 7, 2018, Mr Babatunde, you have to wait till March next year to reopen this case,” the court president declared.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Obodo999(m): 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2017
That proves what I have been saying. Its women who own the children. Men should not kill themselves because of women or the children. Besides, that man should do DNA for 'his' other four children.
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by thedondada(m): 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2017
All these illiterates fucking up and down.

Pregnancy is for my man friend.

Stupid slut.

Dude divorce her and be free

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by uzumakikush063: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

You know we started hearing all these kind of stories when women decided to be feminists.
and if you tell dem now dey will be saying men are sexist. SMH ladies.
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by jericco1(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2017
just terrible, she's obviously lying, probably just to speed up the divorce process.
I may be wrong. God help them.
marriages of these days sef.
it has been infiltrated with infertility.

after four children and they still can't hold on.
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by uzumakikush063: 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
JORDAN202:

STUPID MAN !

IMAGINE HOW THE MAN THINKS THAT WHEN THE WOMAN DELIVERS, HE CAN JUST GO AND COLLECT THE BABY.

EVEN IF THE DNA TEST PROVES HE IS THE FATHER, THE CHILD IS NOT HIS TO JUST COME AND TAKE.

WHEN A NIGERIAN MAN MARRIES, HE SOMETIMES BECOMES CONFUSED AS TO HIS IMPORTANCE IN A MARRIAGE OWNING TO THE DOWRY HE MAY HAVE PAID.

AS A FATHER, TRY SUCH WITH MY DAUGHTER, AND GOD or THE DEVIL WILL RECEIVE AN UNPLANNED GUEST THAT DAY.

MARRYING A WOMAN DOES NOT, AND SHOULD NEVER TRANSLATE TO THE MAN OWING THE WOMAN AND THE CHILDREN.

AS MEN, THE EARLIER WE PUT AN END TO THESE CULTURAL BASED CRUELTIES, THE BETTER NIGERIA WILL BE.
really? You don't say...

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by uzumakikush063: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2017
Obodo999:
That proves what I have been saying. Its women who own the children. Men should not kill themselves because of women or the children. Besides, that man should do DNA for 'his' other four children.
it seems your ability to think is not owned by you again. Where did you see that it is women that own the children? What makes you think so?
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
BornAgainMay:
angry

Please, before we all marry let's be careful of the kind of woman we plan to put at home.

Bros how we wan take know which one good?

na luck person de get better wife
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Tosinville(m): 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
Nice judgement
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Burgerlomo: 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2017
Tajbol4splend:
It is good when your wife is honest and transparent to you

It's also good when you are fully aware that your wife is a confirm olosho, and most especially when her adopted last name is Animashaun or Free giver cool

1 Like

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by gbmclub: 6:01pm On Dec 07, 2017
JORDAN202:

STUPID MAN !

The question is can d woman take care of the children, or will she be running to d ex-husband every now and then for alimony
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by AuroraB(f): 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
LadySarah:
was the sister present when she was copulating with eitger her manfriend orhusband.
You dey mind that one grin
Nigerians are fond of apologizing on behalf of someone who never asked for it nor show remorse sad
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
JORDAN202:

STUPID MAN !

so you Will let a promiscuous wife take ur baby to another man's roof ?? many times people just use the term civilization to spew trash...
marriage spearheads the man as bearer or all responsibilities ,,, the woman bear the man surname ,,so also the children bear there father's name ....
if the man do not own the wife and biological children who does?? let learn from you
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2017
Burgerlomo:

It's also good when you are fully aware that your wife is a confirm olosho, and most especially when her adopted last name is Animashaun or Free giver cool

Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by TeeFriz: 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2017
Gobe
Re: Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ by delishpot: 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2017
oloriLFC:
Useless Women Everywhere. The Man should even rejoice that d revelation came early and not when he has wasted resources on a child not his.

Training a child is not wasted resources no matter the situation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Generations Photo Of 4 Women / Nigerian Mother Of A Set Of Twins Gives Birth To A Set Of Triplets. Photos / My Mom Has Made Me Miserable! She Denied Me Happiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.