Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania (26283 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame?

Nigerians are mostly to blame: often fraudulent.: 50% (30 votes)
Tanzanians are mostly to blame: too intolerant.: 49% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Checkout Africa’s First Underwater Hotel In Tanzania / How Is Life In Tanzania? / Welcome To Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by Kc0022000(m): 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2007
Guess its not new in Africa , l was locked up for two days at the Gambia entry port for holding a Nigerian passport . Was told Nigerians forge their currency ( Dalasi ).Thank God my friend at the Nigerian Embassy came in to clear me out before being allowed into the country, a visa free country, didn't commits no crime neither was l cut with anything illegal, The problem is on both side , we the people and the government. Nigeria passport holder got no image anywhere in the world, that is why a lot of Nigerians re-announcing their citizenship but home is home how long shall we suffer ?
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by hotangel2(f): 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2007
At first, i was like. . .  this is to long. Well the point is Nigerians are not allowed in Tanzania, so why should i read it?

But i am glad i READ it.

This is soo sad you know??

I was talking about segregation, just the other day On the "Black history (Month) thread" . WHy can't we all just be Africans?? WHy do we have to seperate and call some people "Nigerian Africans, or Ghanian Africans, or tanzanian Africans"?

Soooo Very sad. And later someone is going to want to argue with me that The white man is rascist and doesn't care about BLACK people. Ohh Please!!! Look at what we are doing to ourselves.

I Don't know if we should FULLY blame the Nigerian government for this. I think it has more to do with the image US as Nigerians Give ourselves.
Okay okay, i know not all Nigerians do these "bad things" they label nigerians to do. But do you know that if majority of the Nigerian People decide to stop corruption and all these 'bad lebels', we won't be having problems like this.
Someone is saying that "OUR leaders are the one that are suppose to make sure that happen". Well, not really, LEADERS can talk, but it's left to the people to put action in to it. Report criminals!

I mean come on now, A lot of people know relatives, friends, and people who Do these bad things, but none of them is willing to report the criminal. If WE (US?) as a people stand up, to stop All these "what's it called", i am sure that the government will pick up from there.

The Government is not functioning well because the people are not helping.  At least that's what i think. Example: A lot of these police officers are now 'criminals' themselves because the people encourage them to be. Yes! Why give bribe??
Don't even bring up the "If you don't give them bribe crap, you will see 'mambo'". That is just B.S, because if 95% of the people that give bribes SAY, NO, we are not giving, "Do your searching, or whatever and let's pass", or "No We are not giving, Take me to court and i will get a lawyer, and we will see who is at fault", i am sure that these Police officers would have stopped their nonsense (for lack of better word).

Before ANyone jumps on me to peel my skin off. This is just how i feel. I think Nigerians (The citizens/people that want change), should put matters in THEIR OWN HANDS. Forget the Government and Form Rally Groups or something of that Nature. WHen the LEADERS see this, they'll be forced to do something. Don't get me wrong though, the leaders CAN Do something, but if they are NOT doing it, Citizens should STAND UP!
Hmm, maybe i just dnt know what i am saying. . . . . . . Just Maybe!

And these tanzanian  people are the perfect description of people that don't know The Good others have done for them - in this case, Nigeria. Then again, do i blame them?? Not completely.  Alot of Africans Now identify more with the White man. Just look at what happened at the mention of Harvard!!  It's not just in tanzania, Go to Nigeria, and you will see how "Nigerians" treat "whites", or should i say ARABIANS (for some reason, all these arabians that were nothing in their country seem to be the "IT" people in NIgeria). 

P.S: I sense the attacks coming. Ohh lord. . .  why can't i shut my mouth.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2007
egoldman:

so we keep turning the left cheek abi ? tell that to the jews angry angry angry nna we need to teach this people some lessons jare,i repeat again idiagbo or abacha would solve this matter rather too quickly and this rubbish countries would come back to their senses at once,sometimes the only way to get peace is by going to "war" we need to stand our ground on this ,why should our own embassies issue visas to people from Kenya and Tanzania ?

Correct.This should be forwarded to the Federal Government please.If they cant do anything they should close all our embassies in those Countries.They seem to have forgotten how Nigeria fought for them during war.This is so so messed up.

Kc0022000:

Guess its not new in Africa , l was locked up for two days at the Gambia entry port for holding a Nigerian passport . Was told Nigerians forge their currency ( Dalasi ).Thank God my friend at the Nigerian Embassy came in to clear me out before being allowed into the country, a visa free country, didn't commits no crime neither was l cut with anything illegal, The problem is on both side , we the people and the government. Nigeria passport holder got no image anywhere in the world, that is why a lot of Nigerians re-announcing their citizenship but home is home how long shall we suffer ?

I think its jst jealously cos we are not the worst Country in the world.What wld dey no do when they see a Lebanese?Worship him shey?Well my Country is okay for me.I will flaunt the passport for all i care.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by mrmayor(m): 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2007
The problem my people is Leadership ( Nigerian High Commissioner ) to Tanzania and Kenya.Their jobs is to make sure that Nigerians are treated with dignity in any country they  travel to.Would Kenyans and Tanzanians treat Iranians,Arabs with disdain? I think not,even when the Arabs blew up American embassies,killing hundreds of their citizens.

The fact is most countries would not tolerate this rubbish from African countries especially countries that beg to feed themselves every year.This attitude is not unique to east Africa but all of Africa.Obasanjo spent the better part of his Presidency begging for better Trade deals and debt cancellation for these ungrateful African countries

BTW,where are all those Pan-Africans,Afrocentric preachers on Nairaland?
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by Lawijo(m): 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2007
Youngies,
Ose. Thank you very much. And may the almighty continue to shower you with abundant wisdom.
I am not going to start pointing fingers now, because two wrongs do not make a right.
No matter which Nigerians might have done whatever, do Nigerians deserve collective punishment? No. For the people who are suggesting that we are responsible for the inhuman treatments being metted to innocent Nigerians, the only thing I would say, is that you are unconsciously or naively justifying the abject abuse of the basic human rights of innocent Nigerians. A lot of people do not know jack about Nigeria/ns other than 3rd or 4th hand information passed on to them by whoever and the media (Who would hardly reports anything positive on Africa rather than: hunger, corruption, aids, wars etc. or else it woun't be news worthy to the Average westerner)
I reside in the Netherlands, and work in the Banking industry. You guys don't want to know how much of all these non-sense I get to hear daily from colleagues or from stories from colleague' friends, neighbours, family member etc.
If all Nigerians were that bad, I wonder why they are still making use of my service that I have been offering for the past 7 years without any blemish to my name and the work I deliver.
Just last week again, I was on the way home with another colleague and one thing led to another about Nigeria and the negative image of Nigerians. I allowed him ran his mouth for a few minutes. And then, I said to him like: Do you know what Nigeria' population is? He could not give an answer. So I helped him out, and then I further told him like: If 10% of Nigeria' population would be assumed "bad apples", that would be almost the whole population of the Nederlands! (16 million). I then said to him, this in NUANCE! Then he kept quiet and could not say anything anymore. Of course he never saw it along that line. This is IGNORANCE!
I am very much aware of the nefarious activities of some Nigerians, we should not tolerate this and condemn it outright! On the other hand, I want to implore those ignorant people not to judge me by other people' standard, because they happen to originate from the same geographical piece of the world as me. And some of those ignorant people could do with some enlightenment. We need to de-colonise ourselves!
See u o the flip side.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2007
are all Americans treated like criminals because Charles ponzi (italian american) was a criminal ?
are all Americans treated like crooks because the former head of enron lied and deceived investors ?
are all Americans called murderers because they have the highest violent crime rates in the world ?
are all Americans treated as perverts and immorals because they have many people with lose morals in their society ?

are all Colombians and Afghanistan treated as drug dealers because they produced most of the drugs that sell in the world ?
are all Italians treated as criminals because of the history of their mafian crimes ?
should the poor rev father be treated as am outcast because of the activities of some Nigerians though there was no link between him and them ?
should a Nigerian be treated differently with other citizens of the world just for the fact that he has Nigerian passport rather than when he has been caught doing something illegal ?
think about all these angry angry angry
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by dblock(m): 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2007
Iz a pity Nigerians don't get to see the beauty of Dar Es Salaam, Dodoma or Mlimani no more sad
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2007
dblock:

Iz a pity Nigerians don't get to see the beauty of Dar Es Salaam, Dodoma or Mlimani no more sad

and on whos side are u with that statement my friend ? damn dareesalaam ,mlimani and dodoma angry angry angry angry
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by feyisan: 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2007
Iz a pity Nigerians don't get to see the beauty of Dar Es Salaam, Dodoma or Mlimani no [quote][/quote]

You must be one of the urgly faces Tanzanian living in Nigeria. I don't blame you. It is Baba Iyabo.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by Love44(f): 12:23am On Feb 27, 2007
I personally do not care for any country in Africa anymore. The only country that i care about is Nigeria.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by LadyB(f): 1:36am On Feb 27, 2007
blacks discriminating agaist blacks. unbelieveable!
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by barthosa(m): 3:21am On Feb 27, 2007
Hey guys! this thing is every where, we Nigerians are really going through dip shit in foreign land, i think all this are done to us cos of our past and present. A lot of Nigerians are involved in craps, bad behavior and scam of all sorts. My Canadian friends keep bashing me about scam mails received from Nigerians, at a point am ashame to bash them back cos all this are the mere truth about what we have done to ourselves.
In the Caribbean, Barbados to be specific my friend was denied a place to sleep in their country not even as big as a state in Nigeria, cos of his identity as a Nigerian. The security guys had to take him to their house and accommodate him, without sleeping, they stayed awake to watch the fellow, called "Nigerian"
Its time to stand up and act, we have high commissions in most of this places, but what positive effect have been made to correct this? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 3:45am On Feb 27, 2007
Love44:

I personally do not care for any country in Africa anymore. The only country that i care about is Nigeria.

Seems dts d best oh since d dose Countries dnt appreciate their fellow Africans.
egoldman:

and on whos side are u with that statement my friend ? damn dareesalaam ,mlimani and dodoma angry angry angry angry

What Suffer beauty is dt?
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by baby4u2(f): 4:02am On Feb 27, 2007
I believe we should ponder more on the conclusion of that article. its not about what other countries are doing to us now, its what we should be doing to help ourselves as a society. this countries are giving us a wake up call, its unaceptable but believe this, if this nonsense is not going on around we would never feel the need for a change. Nigerians need to come together and work as one in building a positive image for ourselves. its bad that good people have to suffer. i read this and you know what i've called my youth organization to work on some positive image campaign for Nigeria. Am playing my own part, please play yours.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 4:06am On Feb 27, 2007
baby4u2:

I believe we should ponder more on the conclusion of that article. its not about what other countries are doing to us now, its what we should be doing to help ourselves as a society. this countries are giving us a wake up call, its unaceptable but believe this, if this nonsense is not going on around we would never feel the need for a change. Nigerians need to come together and work as one in building a positive image for ourselves. its bad that good people have to suffer. i read this and you know what i've called my youth organization to work on some positive image campaign for Nigeria. Am playing my own part, please play yours.

If u actually did that Bravo.Well i belong to some Youth stuff too and we plan going on Air too.I tink we need to start changing the face of our Country by ourselves.Its nt enough to yap 9ja.I will play my part.The next person pls do
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by mrmetoo(m): 4:45am On Feb 27, 2007
I was so sad when I read this article because I actually have very close tanzanian and kenyan friends. I even dated a Tanzanian chic once. During that period she told me her father told her to stay away from two groups of people; Nigerians & Ghetto Boys (I don't want to say black ppl generally). The reason the guy hated us was because he schooled with Nigerians and have done business with us. We all know how some Nigerians do business, yes they 419-ed the dude and he still doesn't like Nigerians. I'm kinda happy we broke up, imagine the wahala if I had to meet her parents. I'll have to go through Immigration and if I, by some luck, survive them I'll still have to face a bitter old man who would prob hate me from the word go. I guess we Nigerians partially caused this problem but I don't think we generally deserve this kind of treatment from another African country.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 4:54am On Feb 27, 2007
Well since its happened we have to erase the image.I dnt care about other African Countries sha.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by Leps05(m): 5:48am On Feb 27, 2007
The Stigma is out there. i went to a the gym last week. My trainer was about to start a meeting, so i had to wait for 20min. On his way to the meeting area, the  owner ( an African American) turned back and told the admin assistant to keep an eye on me.He asked her to watch the computers, cash register and some other equipments. He informed her that i was Nigerian;therefore, i will steal every thing in the office or do something fraudulent. Though he said he was joking, i terminated my membership and want back to my old gym.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by Leps05(m): 5:49am On Feb 27, 2007
i
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 5:55am On Feb 27, 2007
baby4u2:

and here is the part i would play ; see a Kenyan or Tanzanian in my country ,then i would deny him hotel accommodation,deny him entry ,ask him for visa if he wants to buy pure water ,and tell him that my country have special kind of visa for people from his part of the world and that he would get this visa only through the help of those that he comes to see in Nigeria, i would also tell the Kenyan that cos some of their mps are corrupt therefore he must be corrupt too ,so effectively his Kenyan passport is an exhibit that he is an criminal ,
as for a Tanzanian , his passport would be a confirmation that he is a criminal ,afterall his country has some shady deals with the uk government about purchasing of air traffic control system in 2001,so effectively that seals his fate just as the acts of some few Nigerians sealed the fate of the poor reverend .yeah i should make sure i use collective punishment on them to the best of my ability .
but u know what ,i would not really succeed in doing this cos this same Nigerians who hopelessly and shamelessly say its faults of we Nigerians would come to their aid,they would say that u should not punish them cos of what others have done ,that is what is killing us in this country,i call it the enemy within . ooh God why wont u bring back someone with same Nigerian vision like idiabgo .
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 5:59am On Feb 27, 2007
i guess i should repeat this ;

are all Americans treated like criminals because Charles ponzi (italian american) was a criminal ?
are all Americans treated like crooks because the former head of enron lied and deceived investors ?
are all Americans called murderers because they have the highest violent crime rates in the world ?
are all Americans treated as perverts and immorals because they have many people with lose morals in their society ?

are all Colombians and Afghanistan treated as drug dealers because they produced most of the drugs that sell in the world ?
are all Italians treated as criminals because of the history of their mafian crimes ?
should the poor rev father be treated as am outcast because of the activities of some Nigerians though there was no link between him and them ?
should a Nigerian be treated differently with other citizens of the world just for the fact that he has Nigerian passport rather than when he has been caught doing something illegal ?
think about all these angry angry angry angry
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by dblock(m): 6:05am On Feb 27, 2007
egoldman:

I'm just saying, Tanzania isn't bad at all. personally i think no one should care what the tanzanian government says, Tanzania isn't The UK or America, but enviromentally speaking, Tanzania is gifted, Eg Serengeti

And although my first post might have implied otherwise, I am for Naija
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 6:06am On Feb 27, 2007
God help us
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by egoldman(m): 6:19am On Feb 27, 2007
dblock:

I'm just saying, Tanzania isn't bad at all. personally i think no one should care what the tanzanian government says, Tanzania isn't The UK or America, but enviromentally speaking, Tanzania is gifted, Eg Serengeti

And although my first post might have implied otherwise, I am for Naija

and whaty does tanzania being enviromentaly gifted has to do with the treatment given to the reverend father ? or are we less gifted in that regard ? nna if u dont have anything reasonable about the issue at hand ,just shut up ,period angry angry angry angry angry
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 6:24am On Feb 27, 2007
We still d best in Africa.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by dblock(m): 6:30am On Feb 27, 2007
Well the fact is, East African's are less tolerant of West African's, particularly Nigerians. They are always striving to prove their superiority because they are insecure about the fact that West Africa had more educational facilities and wasn't subjected to the traumas of White Occupation. I actually know a couple of good Tanzanians, they are good people they'll befriend you, as they befriended me but they don't respect Nigeria or it's sovereignty. With that out the picture i'll like to comment on the way you reacted @Egoldman you seem quite hostile, are you a alright, do you need any therapy or anthing, because if you do i can comfort you. Juss want you to know that your not alone okay, it's alright to be an angry angry man cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 6:38am On Feb 27, 2007
We should stop helping them then.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by baby4u2(f): 7:02am On Feb 27, 2007
Leps05:

The Stigma is out there. i went to a the gym last week. My trainer was about to start a meeting, so i had to wait for 20min. On his way to the meeting area, the owner ( an African American) turned back and told the admin assistant to keep an eye on me.He asked her to watch the computers, cash register and some other equipments. He informed her that i was Nigerian;therefore, i will steal every thing in the office or do something fraudulent. Though he said he was joking, i terminated my membership and want back to my old gym.

Are you serious leps, were in d.c so that i will not branch there? And yeah good job 9ja4eva, although along the line of this ur posting one doesnt understand where u stand.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 7:20am On Feb 27, 2007
baby4u2:

Are you serious leps, were in d.c so that i will not branch there? And yeah good job 9ja4eva, although along the line of this your posting one doesnt understand where u stand.

Am For Nigeria all d way.I dont like dem treating us anyhow cos we the best.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by baby4u2(f): 7:26am On Feb 27, 2007
gatcha,
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by 9ja4eva: 7:28am On Feb 27, 2007
I jst feel we have so many enemies.Funny enough we help them out a lot.What a world.
Re: No Nigerians Welcome In Tanzania by naijabuff: 7:40am On Feb 27, 2007
WHY DO WE PROVIDE ASSITANCE TO COUNTRIES LIKE TANZANIA AND KENYA ,WHEN THESE DUMMIES TREAT NIGERIANS WITH SO MUCH DISRESPECT. IMAGINE BEING DENIED ENTRY INTO THEIR COUNTRIES SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU ARE NIGERIAN? THESE ARE THE SAME TANZANIANS THAT NIGERIA DONATED FOOD AID TOO JUST A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO.

WHY SHOULD WE WASTE OUR LITTLE RESOURCES ON COUNTRIES THAT TREAT US WITH SUCH CONTEMPT.

KEEP IN MIND THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WROTE THIS PIECE IS A RESPECTED CATHOLIC PRIEST.
WE NEED TO DEMAND ACTION FROM OUR GOVERNMNET . COUNTRIES THAT TREAT NIGERIANS WITH CONTEMPT SHOULD BE BLACK LISTED AND NO AID PROVIDED TO THEM IN ANY WAY.

WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW WUSSUP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Dies In An Accident On Zamfara Road ( Graphic Photos) / Asaba, Delta Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Tanker Explosion Around MCC-Abayi In Aba This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.