Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) (42809 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege At Stanel World Awka. Pictures / Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 08, 2017
silverspringle:
According to you, feminist shouldn't be married? Do you even understand the meaning of the word feminist? I pity those people that liked your comment
The concept of feminism is misunderstood in Africa. we see it in comments on NL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h-7IwgkkN4&t=3s
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Martin0(m): 11:57am On Dec 08, 2017
shaybebaby:

We dey, but will be needing some knee pads as per your recommendation.
Hope you good too?

Oh now u know what ve been saying about too much runninggrin

Em I dey fine oo,I never go work since yesterday oo,jus dey house dey relax,I nor understand the kind injury wey I dey get these day's oo,e con be like say am a raugh mangringrin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
MrWondah:

To answer your questions:

1. According to you, feminist shouldn't be married? No, feminist have the right to be married just like anyone else. Sometimes some of these self acclaimed feminist go about preaching the wrong message which would in turn incite women against men. I will address this when i answer your next question.

2. Do you even understand the meaning of the word feminist? Yes i do. i will put it in plain terms. Feminist as a person who fights for the liberation of women right. However, there are branches or types of feminism, basically Radical and Liberal feminism. While the liberal feminist are concerned about the equal right of women in the society, or at least, similar rights for women in the society, the radical feminist are against patriarchal system and wants to eliminate it totally. They dont want to hear about male or female, as they believe that gender in itself creates imbalance in the society.

They radical feminist would encourage a woman to seek for divorce if she has minor issue with her husband. Would tell a woman not to cook for her husband as her duty in the house is not as a maid but a co-owner of the house. In their best interest they believe that men are overfed babies. This has led to many of them advocating for same gender marriage, since men are disposable. Remaining single and dating as many men as they like. They tend to create a society opposite of the one they hate.

Thank you. we have let our sentiments let us forget that each gender has got their critical roles in the society. Imagine if everyone in an office is a leader, where every one is a director. will that organisation ever make progress. Yes, women should have access to education, women are not subjects to some men but that does not make them equal to a man just as a man is not equal to a woman- equality here in reason for existence and responsibility.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
Harrynight:
why do BEAUTIFUL men lik marrying Ugly women?
sometimes the best packages are in ugliness. I tell you from experience. Brother forget the face as long as the body is great
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by earthcrust: 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
The husband na Warriors too?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
shaybebaby:

You are conflating issues here my wonderer. However I am interested in what you think it entails in the fight for the liberation of women?

How do you think women's rights should be promoted?
by doing. by women themselves getting involved not waiting for any man. Not waiting for a prince charming to marry them and take care of their responsibilities. By being accountable for their actions. The support of a willing man will come when you do all of these things but don't ever wait for a man. No one tells you to stand up and walk when you fall as a child especially when there is no one there or when you need to get to a sweet. Thats how it should be.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
Breadfruit:

Feminism does not seek to destroy families. It is not man hating. It doesn't mean a woman should be rude or should not cater to her husband.

What it simply means is that women are human too and should not be treated as lesser beings.
but this is not what many of our African women see it as. We need a lot of orientation for the African populace on the subject matter.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
MrMcJay:

I don't have an issue with that and I don't think any sensible person should.

However, it appears quite a number of people have a warped view of feminism, different from what you painted up there.
Exactly, what it is! it is a misunderstood concept in Africa
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Azam101: 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ifeanyi4491:
White Nigerian?

Albino!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Azam101: 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Awon Flatinoz
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by silverspringle(f): 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2017
MrWondah:

To answer your questions:

1. According to you, feminist shouldn't be married? No, feminist have the right to be married just like anyone else. Sometimes some of these self acclaimed feminist go about preaching the wrong message which would in turn incite women against men. I will address this when i answer your next question.

2. Do you even understand the meaning of the word feminist? Yes i do. i will put it in plain terms. Feminist as a person who fights for the liberation of women right. However, there are branches or types of feminism, basically Radical and Liberal feminism. While the liberal feminist are concerned about the equal right of women in the society, or at least, similar rights for women in the society, the radical feminist are against patriarchal system and wants to eliminate it totally. They dont want to hear about male or female, as they believe that gender in itself creates imbalance in the society.

They radical feminist would encourage a woman to seek for divorce if she has minor issue with her husband. Would tell a woman not to cook for her husband as her duty in the house is not as a maid but a co-owner of the house. In their best interest they believe that men are overfed babies. This has led to many of them advocating for same gender marriage, since men are disposable. Remaining single and dating as many men as they like. They tend to create a society opposite of the one they hate.

I wish I have the luxury to reply you but I must say, I agree with your second paragraph. You cant change the meaning of a word to suite your analysis. You see bitter women ranting on social media then you label them feminist. For me, there's nothing like a radical feminist. A feminist is a PERSON who believes in the social, political, legal and economic equality of the sexes. Now, going by this definition of feminism how does it incites women to divorce their men at minor provocation as you rightly put it and other things you have written just to discredit feminists. Now, Chimamanda who is a certified feminist has been married for sometimes now, how many times have you seen/heard her disrespecting her husband or teaching young women to disrespect their husband. My point is feminists still get married and make good wives and lastly, they take no sh**ts from any man and their men know better.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by kodded(m): 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
silverspringle:
Bleep you
cc mynd44 undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by chieni(f): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
Osucoward:
Same old pictures.
E be like way news no dey today
as in ehn
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by itsandi(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Beautiful couple smiley Enjoy interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by pryme(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
silverspringle:
I wish I have the luxury to reply you but I must say, I agree with your second paragraph. You cant change the meaning of a word to suite your analysis. You see bitter women ranting on social media then you label them feminist. For me, there's nothing like a radical feminist. A feminist is a PERSON who believes in the social, political, legal and economic equality of the sexes. Now, going by this definition of feminism how does it incites women to divorce their men at minor provocation as you rightly put it and other things you have written just to discredit feminists. Now, Chimamanda who is a certified feminist has been married for sometimes now, how many times have you seen/heard her disrespecting her husband or teaching young women to disrespect their husband. My point is feminists still get married and make good wives and lastly, they take no sh**ts from any man and their men know better.

Oh ,
You don't say.

I was hoping you will come up with something new, something we don't know or, something new we (we the men) are doing wrong.

You talk about socio, economic, political EQUALITY among the sexes, honestly am lost here.

Economic :
Even in the civil service (not the military where they don't believe in gender) receive EQUAL salary even when men don't enjoy maternity leave.

Political :
This is where you guys are at the infant stage, that doesn't mean we don't have powerful female politicians in Nigeria, it won't be long before we have the first female Governor/President. You can also blame this on the reluctance women engaging in politics.

Socio :

Even you must have dumped a guy or guys, that have messed up at some point, no one screamed. Women now file for divorce, sue men for going back on marriage proposals. I don't remember rapist going Scot free when convicted. I don't remember the law over looking assault on the female folks.

So if I may ask which EQUALITY are you referring to?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
salt1:

Just because you asked.
African feminists are fighting against illiteracy of the girl-child, forced and early marriage, genital mutilation and infibulation, negative and harmful widowhood practices, obligatory motherhood and discrimination in career choice.
Equality with men is a non-issue. How can Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala be equal with her male driver.
The feminists are asking for equity, not equality. For opportunities for election and representation. For strict laws against rape.

These are the issues, not whether a man cooks food or helps with house chores

Feminism is about equality not equity.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
BlackManta:

Sadly that is true.

True feminism supports everything i mentioned without breaking homes and causing bad blood between male and female.

But some women keep dragging feminism to mud in the name of radical feminism aka feminazi.
They are the bad eggs among us.
They are the ones that encourage women to disrespect their husbans.
They encourage women to stop cooking, stop getting married, stop having children.
They are the ones that insult men and call them trash.
They are the ones that go breaking homes.

This is not what true feminism is all about.
But some women have turned it upside down and gave people wrong impression.

Just imagine someone accusing a true feminist like Adichie of breaking homes.
At the end of the day i dont blame them.

Some feminist keep messing things for us and go dragging feminism to mud.
Some women dont deserve to bear the title of feminist cuz they know nothing about it.

Adichie is radical.
Being married doesn't disprove it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by BlackManta(m): 2:58am On Dec 09, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Adichie is radical.
Being married doesn't disprove it.

How is she radical
Please tell me.

Have you read her book "We Should All Be Feminist"?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2017
BlackManta:

How is she radical
Please tell me.

Have you read her book "We Should All Be Feminist"?

The most radical thing ever
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by BlackManta(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

The most radical thing ever

Mr man you dont know anything about Chimamanda Adichie. undecided

You haven't paid attention to her feminist movement or read her books and articles.
And you are calling her radical

I ask again, how is she radical
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2017
BlackManta:

Mr man you dont know anything about Chimamanda Adichie. undecided

You haven't paid attention to her feminist movement or read her books and articles.
And you are calling her radical

I ask again, how is she radical

And I said I have and you are still asking me
Re: Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
MrWondah:
So this woman get husband wey she wan use feminism take destroy people family?

If girls and women like make dem no wise up. Make them dey follow all these feminist dey set unrealistic goals for themselves.

Go sit down many feminist are married. Non feminist also divorce. Marriage works or fails based on individual and not on feminism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: "I Find This ‘baby Bump’ Thing Very Irritating" / Books You Must Read! / Romance Story- The Neigbours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.