Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Do You Have An Immortal Soul? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have An Immortal Soul? (2353 Views)

Short Life With Immortal Soul / Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? / Is The Soul Immortal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2017
No one is arguing with you, but you are in dissension with the truth and it is troubling to you. God made the man out of dust and then after, the account said that he blew in him the breath of life and he became a LIVING SOUL. In between, there was no mention of the soul being created distinctively. If you point is "we were made int he image of God", here are the questions. Does God have a soul? Does have a fleshly body? Does God? what is the shape or form of the spirit of God?
I did not see any proof from you clarifying the immortality of the soul. You probably said that in your mind. You may type it and send it on the forum. Can you define the word 'Hell'?
danvon:
Genesis 1:26 "And God said let us make man in our own image and likeness..." God image implies the body the soul and the spirit there that's your proof take it or leave it, to be honest I don't know what I'm arguing about again I just proved that souls go to hell didn't i? Isn't that proof of its immortality
I still need you to answer this question. When was the soul created and by who? Show me from the Bible
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
What is the shape or form of the spirit?
why does this part interest you?
Emusan:

So, you agree that if person died something must return to God in heaven...
This is the only part that interests me because I know other points reflect how confused you people can be.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Emusan(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
lovingJehovah:
What is the shape or form of the spirit?

Triangle....mtcheeee

why does this part interest you?

because if our spirit actually returns to God it means not all our part remained in the shore of ground. Which then nullified your own thread.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Peacefullove: 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
danvon:
Genesis 2:7 God formed man, and breathe into nostrils the breathe of life and man became a living soul, God formed man if soul doesn't exist why wasn't he immediately alive

How he go alive Immediately when breath never enter am , abi una no read what u quote ni ?

If your Bible could use the term living soul, am I correct to say if the breath comot, he don be dead soul be dat ?

When will you Christians accept dead is dead . undecided , Even Jesus u claim to follow was dead for three days , Didn't even go to heaven when he died . So what's Y'all problem ?
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Peacefullove: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
danvon:
Genesis 1:26 "And God said let us make man in our own image and likeness..." God image implies the body the soul and the spirit there that's your proof

hahahahaha, Animals sef dey In God image ?
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
lovingJehovah:
No one is arguing with you, but you are in dissension with the truth and it is troubling to you. God made the man out of dust and then after, the account said that he blew in him the breath of life and he became a LIVING SOUL. In between, there was no mention of the soul being created distinctively. If you point is "we were made int he image of God", here are the questions. Does God have a soul? Does have a fleshly body? Does God? what is the shape or form of the spirit of God?
I did not see any proof from you clarifying the immortality of the soul. You probably said that in your mind. You may type it and send it on the forum. Can you define the word 'Hell'?
I still need you to answer this question. When was the soul created and by who? Show me from the Bible
Well I said it all before Jehovah witness are brainwashed it makes no sense talking to them.. Well whether you like it or not there's a place called hell you confused person and it's not hades don't quote me I won't reply I just showed you in the Bible that hell exist so I don't know where ur getting ur bullshit from
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 3:49am On Dec 10, 2017
Jehovah's witnesses do not object to that. In fact, we preach that hell exists as it is recorded in the Bible. Where did you get the impression that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell?
Where is the hell situated?
danvon:
Well I said it all before Jehovah witness are brainwashed it makes no sense talking to them.. Well whether you like it or not there's a place called hell you confused person and it's not hades don't quote me I won't reply I just showed you in the Bible that hell exist so I don't know where ur getting ur bullshit from
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Jehovah's witnesses do not object to that. In fact, we preach that hell exists as it is recorded in the Bible. Where did you get the impression that Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell?
Where is the hell situated?
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/#?insight that's where I got it from
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by achorladey: 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
danvon:
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/#?insight that's where I got it from
thanks for providing this link, you have really done a lot of others good about the truth concerning HELL. The good thing you and I know about God according to the scriptures that says in one part is.......... Jehovah's mercy endures forever and in another part Jehovah will not hold on to his anger forever. The God I serve is mightily consistent and just in his dealings. Always learn from him everyday.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 3:42am On Dec 11, 2017
JW believe that there is hell. Jesus himself went to hell as well as many other faithful ones in the Bible. The fact is that the idea of hell being a fiery place where people are tormented day and night has been drilled into your perception but open your mind a little bit to some genuine edification. Now that you are older and no longer a baby who depends on milk, do some research for yourself. Spend the time learning about the true God instead of hating the JW and seeking points to malign them. You have to be positive with life. You just read an article and without trying to understand it, you copied it as a point from the anti-JW bloggers to deface us. Ask yourself these questions. Is what I was told similar to what the Bible says? Was Jesus unrighteous to have gone to hell? Where did the Bible say that Adam, David, Abraham, Isaac and Jesus go after death? If only bad people go to hell, why did these righteous men go there?
I will copy and paste the content of the link below. I will also highlight the points made in the JW article. I hope you will understand it better now.

Some Bible translations use the word “hell” for the Hebrew word “Sheol” and the matching Greek word “Hades,” both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:27) Many people believe in a fiery hell, as shown in the religious artwork accompanying this article. However, the Bible teaches otherwise.

Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol.”—Ecclesiastes 9:10.
Good people go to hell. The faithful men Jacob and Job expected to go there.—Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13.
Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”—Romans 6:7.
Eternal torment would violate God’s justice. (Deuteronomy 32:4) When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simply be to pass out of existence: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19) God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell.
God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hellfire is contrary to the Bible’s teaching that “God is love.”—1 John 4:8; Jeremiah 7:31.
danvon:
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 3:43am On Dec 11, 2017
I am still waiting for you to tell me the location of hell. Where is hell situated?
danvon:
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 6:41am On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
JW believe that there is hell. Jesus himself went to hell as well as many other faithful ones in the Bible. The fact is that the idea of hell being a fiery place where people are tormented day and night has been drilled into your perception but open your mind a little bit to some genuine edification. Now that you are older and no longer a baby who depends on milk, do some research for yourself. Spend the time learning about the true God instead of hating the JW and seeking points to malign them. You have to be positive with life. You just read an article and without trying to understand it, you copied it as a point from the anti-JW bloggers to deface us. Ask yourself these questions. Is what I was told similar to what the Bible says? Was Jesus unrighteous to have gone to hell? Where did the Bible say that Adam, David, Abraham, Isaac and Jesus go after death? If only bad people go to hell, why did these righteous men go there?
I will copy and paste the content of the link below. I will also highlight the points made in the JW article. I hope you will understand it better now.

Some Bible translations use the word “hell” for the Hebrew word “Sheol” and the matching Greek word “Hades,” both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:27) Many people believe in a fiery hell, as shown in the religious artwork accompanying this article. However, the Bible teaches otherwise.

Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol.”—Ecclesiastes 9:10.
Good people go to hell. The faithful men Jacob and Job expected to go there.—Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13.
Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”—Romans 6:7.
Eternal torment would violate God’s justice. (Deuteronomy 32:4) When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simply be to pass out of existence: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19) God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell.
God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hellfire is contrary to the Bible’s teaching that “God is love.”—1 John 4:8; Jeremiah 7:31.
Its Bible Hell is a fiery place of torment Jesus gave us a perfect description using the story of Lazarus I like the fact that they said some Bible translation I'm speaking of the king James translation it uses Hell not hades or sheol (hades is actually a good place), yes God is love let me remind you that he never built hell for a human being but for the devil and his angels Matthew 25:41 John 3:16 tells us that God sent Jesus to this world to prevent us from going to hell... Your brainwashed I bet nothing I say will make a difference
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2017
Can you clearly explain the three words Hell, Hades and Sheol? Do you believe in the resurrection?
Do you know the difference between a story and an illustration?
Is King James version the standard Bible translation for all Christians?
danvon:
Its Bible Hell is a fiery place of torment Jesus gave us a perfect description using the story of Lazarus I like the fact that they said some Bible translation I'm speaking of the king James translation it uses Hell not hades or sheol (hades is actually a good place), yes God is love let me remind you that he never built hell for a human being but for the devil and his angels Matthew 25:41 John 3:16 tells us that God sent Jesus to this world to prevent us from going to hell... Your brainwashed I bet nothing I say will make a difference
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 9:10am On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Can you clearly explain the three words Hell, Hades and Sheol? Do you believe in the resurrection?
Do you know the difference between a story and an illustration?
Is King James version the standard Bible translation for all Christians?
Hell a place of torment hades in Greek mythology a good place where all the dead go, sheol means hades
When Jesus gave parables he doesn't use names he uses There was a certain man in a certain town, but there he gives a detailed explanation even mentioned names Abraham,Lazarus- An illustration is a story that gives detailed explanation there's no difference between a story and an illustration
Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God, if we need the word of God to live what makes you think God won't give us a good Bible? When the devil wanted to deceive eve he began by questioning the word of God the king James Bible is the only Bible everything else is a counterfeit
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 9:40am On Dec 11, 2017
danvon:
Hell a place of torment hades in Greek mythology a good place where all the dead go, sheol means hades
Very good! Can you provide a link?
danvon:
When Jesus gave parables he doesn't use names he uses There was a certain man in a certain town, but there he gives a detailed explanation even mentioned names Abraham,Lazarus
Laughable! Can you provide evidence for this?
danvon:
- An illustration is a story that gives detailed explanation there's no difference between a story and an illustration
Can we also say that a story is a story that gives a detailed explanation?
danvon:
Jesus said man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God, if we need the word of God to live what makes you think God won't give us a good Bible? When the devil wanted to deceive he began by questioning the word of God the king James Bible is the only Bible everything else is a counterfeit
When was the King James version translated? Before then, were people reading counterfeit? It will interest to know that they have done some corrections in their translation. Which revision of the KJV, in particular, are you referring?
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:

When was the King James version translated? Before then, were people reading counterfeit? It will interest to know that they have done some corrections in their translation. Which revision of the KJV, in particular, are you referring?
No one read the Bible before king James translation only priests, honestly your pathetic
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 10:41am On Dec 11, 2017
Wow! You do not have to make irreverent comments about others to feel good. You have just told me that you have the best bible in the world.
And in your next comment, I am pathetic. Is that what the best Bible can produce in you? And you have not provided answers to my previous questions emboldened below. People who graduate from the best schools are sought after because they are believed to have the best problem-solving techniques.
Can you provide evidence for When Jesus gave parables he doesn't use names he uses There was a certain man in a certain town, but there he gives a detailed explanation even mentioned names Abraham,Lazarus ?
Can you provide a link for Hell a place of torment hades in Greek mythology a good place where all the dead go, sheol means hades
danvon:
No one read the Bible before king James translation only priests, honestly your pathetic
Was King James a priest? The King James version was a plagiarised copy of William Tyndale's works. Was William Tyndale a priest? Do You know that William Tyndale Wycliffe both translated the Bible into English Before the King of England did? Do you know that the first printed Bible in English was not the King James Version?
I do not have to be Pathetic to know all these. Kindly provide answers to the above questions. Do not run away.
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Wow! You do not have to make irreverent comments about others to feel good. You have just told me that you have the best bible in the world.
And is this next comment I am pathetic without providing answers to my questions? people who graduate from the best schools are sought after because they are believed to have the best problem-solving techniques.
Can you provide evidence for When Jesus gave parables he doesn't use names he uses There was a certain man in a certain town, but there he gives a detailed explanation even mentioned names Abraham,Lazarus ?
Can you provide a link for Hell a place of torment hades in Greek mythology a good place where all the dead go, sheol means hades
Was King James a priest? The King James version was a plagiarised copy of William Tyndale's works. Was William Tyndale a priest? Do You know that William Tyndale Wycliffe both translated the Bible into English Before the King of England did? Do you know that the first printed Bible in English was not the King James Version?
I do not have to be Pathetic to know all these. Kindly provide answers to the above questions. Do not run away.
you know ur saying rubbish priest or not the common people were not allowed to own a Bible let alone read it don't disgrace yourself it's a Fact
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 10:45am On Dec 11, 2017
Then answer my questions. Slide past the rubbish and answer my questions.
danvon:
you know ur saying rubbish priest or not the common people were not allowed to own a Bible let alone read it don't disgrace yourself it's a Fact
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by danvon(m): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Then answer my questions. Slide past the rubbish and answer my questions.
Wycliffe version was banned/burnt no one was allowed to read it if they could even read it, Gosh I'm done arguing with you your not only insulting the Bible your insulting history, Greek mythology, I'm wondering if you've ever read the Bible at all, if you've ever read anything
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by lovingJehovah: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2017
You have a derisory knowledge of the Bible and mental capacity to respond to questions. You do not run away from what you start. There are many people who just read stuff and move along. But coming in to malign the JW without soldering your thought to receive as you give is very premature.
History is written in books and there are only 90 minutes in a motion picture. You have to choose books, bro. And, begin with the Bible. You cannot argue with me because you need more to learn about life, Bible and history. You are still talking about Wycliffe's translation of the Bible when I have jumped to Tyndale's. You should read about the reformers. We still have original copies of Wycliffe's Bible today. Do you know how many copies of the Bible Tyndale printed and how many were distributed? Are you referring to banned and burned like it were the blueprint that got banned? It was already in circulation. Are you not surprised to learn that your preferred KJV was not the first Bible? I am sure that you will take that with you. And do not forget that KJV has been revised many times. Do not forget that there are some controversial texts inserted into that Bible.
danvon:
Wycliffe version was banned/burnt no one was allowed to read it if they could even read it, Gosh I'm done arguing with you your not only insulting the Bible your insulting history, Greek mythology, I'm wondering if you've ever read the Bible at all, if you've ever read anything
Re: Do You Have An Immortal Soul? by Peacefullove: 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2018
Emusan:

Triangle....mtcheeee

because if our spirit actually returns to God it means not all our part remained in the shore of ground. Which then nullified your own thread
For practical:

Yeshua said his spirit will return to the God of heaven before he died .

Was the spirit Yeshua himself?

Since the spirit return to God and God lives in heaven according to the same bible , can we say Yeshua has returned to God that day ? . I think until you answer this, we can then know if the Guy's thread is actually nullified .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin. / Angry OPM Pastor, Apostle Chibuzor Places Curse On Popular Security Guards For B / Truth And Error In The Church. Proving All Things. Brethren, Let Us Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.