Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience (34222 Views)

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / Igbo Woman Reveals The Lady Who Made Her Convert To Islam. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2017
op is muslim pretending to be a xtain. if church don tire u, u bcom a athiest

22 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by bakynes(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
let him do his things as it pleases him. Its not a must to use nairaland, to be sincere I've lost interest in this forum as well because its filled with shit these days.
I just don't understand, the guy said he is a Christian that is considering converting to a Muslim doesn't make it an Islamic thread so why can't we comment the normal way.

12 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by MrDude: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2017
mmsen:

No one would convert to any religion as a mentally sound adult.

It is only children and the mentally frail who could be convinced of one fairy tale or another.

I can live in peace with The Christians, the Buddhist, the Shintoist, the Hindus but I can't not in a hundred years have peace of mind living amongst Muslims. I was born in the North, kaduna to be precise. If not for the smartness and ruggedness of my father I wouldn't have been here today, the entire family was nearly murdered during one of those many bloodthirsty rage Muslims go into every other time. Our home was burnt to ashes the day after we left the North for good with nothing but our lives intact, my dad had seen enough.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2017
kngblacq:
I'm a guy who comes from a Christian home but don't really like Christianity, going to church is like a punishment for me because everything they do there looks somehow to me, so I have been studying Islam for a while and I love the religion, would love to know more about it. People who have converted to Islam from Christianity should share their experiences, how they dealt with family pressure and backlash. I want to know what I'm getting into before taking that decision. Thanks.
see op, my advice is to pray for guidance so as not to fall into misguidance, seek out the mssn leaders of ur skul or area, make sure they are trusted and knowledgeable correctly. Nairaland with the obvious hate towards muslims and different misguided sects among muslims is not a good place for a muslim to learn islam, i shake my head when i know that in islam, suicide is forbidden, killing a non-muslim when u are not at war against each other is forbidden.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by adeblow(m): 10:57am On Dec 15, 2017
kngblacq:
I'm a guy who comes from a Christian home but don't really like Christianity, going to church is like a punishment for me because everything they do there looks somehow to me, so I have been studying Islam for a while and I love the religion, would love to know more about it. People who have converted to Islam from Christianity should share their experiences, how they dealt with family pressure and backlash. I want to know what I'm getting into before taking that decision. Thanks.
Please go to YouTube and search sheikh Khalid yasin, he's American, you would love and understand his lectures

2 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Feanah(f): 10:58am On Dec 15, 2017
olaade714:
see op, my advice is to pray for guidance so as not to fall into misguidance, seek out the mssn leaders of ur skul or area, make sure they are trusted and knowledgeable correctly. Nairaland with the obvious hate towards muslims and different misguided sects among muslims is not a good place for a muslim to learn islam, i shake my head when i know that in islam, suicide is forbidden, killing a non-muslim when u are not at war against each other is forbidden.
Best advice for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Nikkybrainz(f): 10:59am On Dec 15, 2017
Hi.

I have been a Muslim from birth. I'm not a serious one anyway. But I do know Muslims who converted from Christianity and some have even asked me for advice.
One advice for you - be ready.

From the at least ten people I know who have converted, only one had it easy. His case is different because he has a lot of Muslims in his family already and some of his step brothers are even Muslims. All the others I know are women. All of them have had to go through fire. One had to change her faith back to Christianity because her father refused to pay her school fees or send her allowance.

The others have had similar experiences from being taken to deliverance for special prayer sessions, insults, boycott by people who were you friends and fellowship members, all sorts. How do they cope? They seek refuge with Allah; they seek succour in their new found family of Muslims; they read edifying Islamic literature; they take one step at a time without overwhelming or overburdening themselves with sects or overzealousness for ceremonial laws.

Bottom line is - you may find it easy (or not). While I am not serious, I do believe Islam is the path. Challenges will come. Be ready. Be steadfast. You are on the path.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by hakymworld1(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2017
Brother Islam is peace and the true religion. Follow your heart, remember this "Terrorism has no religion" for those who are wailing. Tithe has no place in our world. Ya Allah is sufficient for us. Welcome to the true religion.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 15, 2017
I also recommend islamqa.info , its a trusted websiter, change d of the website language to english. I pray may ALLAH aid u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Adex7004(m): 11:01am On Dec 15, 2017
OboOlora:
Do people really convert to Islam? Thought people only see the light, why go back to darkness?

Meanwhile Mod, why do I have to swear an oath to comment on a Muslim post but nobody asks me any question on a Christian post?
i can see the path u are trending from ur username.

3 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by jamexborn(m): 11:04am On Dec 15, 2017
OboOlora:
Do people really convert to Islam? Thought people only see the light, why go back to darkness?

Meanwhile Mod, why do I have to swear an oath to comment on a Muslim post but nobody asks me any question on a Christian post?

For the record Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world..... You can read up on that

I'm sorry you have been misled
I hope you get to see the light

9 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2017
IgboticGirl:
lair op

But it would have been the truth if it was the other way round
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:06am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

I just don't understand, the guy said he is a Christian that is considering converting to a Muslim doesn't make it an Islamic thread so why can't we comment the normal way.
Seun hates Christians & Christianity, its an open secret but nobody cares. I dont fight because of religion tho

17 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by misterh(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2017
Coitus:
so because of one law school hijab girl saga, una wan create topic to give Christians L
Maybe you're new to Nairaland but Islamic topics always make the FP on Fridays while Christian topics make FP on Sundays.

It has nothing to do with the Law School lady.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Hespee93: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2017
HajimeSaito:

please quote out the chapter nd Verses where all what u said is writtem.
Ignorance

MY ENCOUNTER WITH A MUSLIM DAWAH PREACHER

I still remember the first time a muslim tried to convert me to islam. It was on a Friday afternoon about two years ago when I was serving in Ibadan North Local Government. I was on my way home from Bodija market and I was making my way through a crowd of muslim beggars who were begging for alms. I was about to flag down an okada to take me to Agbowo, when I was approached by a smiling young man in a caftan and turban. He greeted me in English (which surprised me) and introduced himself as Ibrahim. He then went on to tell me that he was inviting me to islam.
As he preached and waxed lyrical about the beauty of islam, I was smiling to myself. My smile must have encouraged him that he was about to win a soul because he began to talk in glowing terms about the wonderful qualities of “prophet” Muhammad.
Unfortunately for Ibrahim, he didn’t know that I was smiling because I was remembering all the negative qualities of his beloved “prophet” which are recorded in the Quran and the Hadith. I wondered whether I should continue playing dumb or whether I should honestly reveal all the embarrassing details I knew about “prophet” mohammad.
Should I let Ibrahim know that I was aware of how his beloved “prophet” mohammad slept with his own daughter in law Zainab and ended her marriage to his adopted son Zaid? Or how one night he visited the room of his wife Hafsat to have sex with her but when he found she was not around, he had sex with her servant Mary the Copt?
Or how his “prophet” loved having sex with all of his 11 wives both in the day and in the night time?
Or how the “prophet” of allah killed a Jewish man named Kinana after torturing Kinana to reveal where Kinana’s money was hidden and that after he killed Kinana, he insisted on having sex with Kinana’s beautiful young widow Safiya on the same day that he killed her husband?
Or should I tell him about how his beloved prophet was once possessed by demonic spirits after falling under the influence of a magician?
Or how his “prophet’s” version of the afterlife (life after death) consists of sexual orgies with beautiful virgins called houris and rivers of wine ?
But I never voiced my thoughts. ( I didn’t want to start a religious riot!) Instead, I waited for Ibrahim to finish. After he finished preaching he invited me to say the Shahada (Islamic confession of faith).
I then asked him a question: “Ibrahim, what do you see all around you?” He replied: “ A lot of people, mainly beggars.”
I asked a second question:
“Between me and these beggars, who needs allah more?”
He fell silent. I continued:
“You preach about the beauty of islam and yet we are surrounded everywhere with solid evidence of its wretchedness. Go and take care of your brothers and sisters in islam who are dying of poverty and ignorance and blowing themselves up for an uncaring god. Then you can get back in touch with me and we will have a sincere discussion on matters of faith”
I left my phone number with Ibrahim.
From that day, till the end of my youth service in Ibadan, even unto this day, I never heard from Ibrahim again.

5 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2017
OboOlora:

Your first paragraph answers the question you asked in the second paragraph. You wouldn't see Muslims jump on Christian threads and label it darkness while theirs is light. That's how dumb some of you are.

You believe your faith reign supreme more than other faiths in the world? Isn't that stupidity at its peak?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Dollabiz: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2017
Tough
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by misterh(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

It's because the topic was created in the Islam for Muslims subsection. It has nothing to do with the OP's current religion.

1 Like

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by bakynes(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2017
misterh:
It's because the topic was created in the Islam for Muslims subsection. It has nothing to do with the OP's current religion.
So why is the Christian thread open for everybody to comment but your own is sensored.

Na wa for Muslims!

7 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 15, 2017
MrDude:

I can live in peace with The Christians, the Buddhist, the Shintoist, the Hindus but I can't not in a hundred years have peace of mind living amongst Muslims. I was born in the North, kaduna to be precise. If not for the smartness and ruggedness of my father I wouldn't have been here today, the entire family was nearly murdered during one of those many bloodthirsty rage Muslims go into every other time. Our home was burnt to ashes the day after we left the North for good with nothing but our lives intact, my dad had seen enough.

Sorry about what happened to you but my simple question is, when the crisis happened in the north and the hausa/aboki Muslims unleashed their mayhem. Why did you only look at the from the religious angle and attack Muslims and their faith but ignored the tribe and ethnic group that perpetrated the act? In the same country, the Muslims in the west didn't do anything.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Owodiran1(m): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2017
@ Mr Oluwaseun Osewa please there is a religious quote on my profile which can't be edited. Please i want you to help me remove it. I don't know what went wrong with nairaland. Can it be rectified. Please. Help me remove it with immediate effect please. Thanks

14 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

So why is the Christian thread open for everybody to comment but your own is sensored.

Na wa for Muslims!

You guys honestly have problems. Is the Muslims that included the notice? Is Seun a Muslim? Why are you guys such a bigot and hypocrite?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by grinface98(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2017
All Muslims here should ignore those idiots from the 'other' religion calling for our head. They're not worth our time/effort. You can see how insecure they are by flooding over this thread to lead people to darkness. May Allah (SAW) guide us all. Ameen!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by grinface98(m): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2017
ollah1:

You guys honestly have problems. Is the Muslims that included the notice? Is Seun a Muslim? Why are you guys such a bigot and hypocrite?
They are all mad, my brother. They don't think with their brains. It wouldn't be funny when they stand before Allah on the judgement day. They would be shown how they were making fin of those who saw the light. It'd be too late then.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by grinface98(m): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2017
Keneeby:
Seun is a terrooorist. Why must we swear to comment? Islam no tolerance.
So Seun is a Muslim abi? Them these guys don mad finish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by pmc01(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2017
kngblacq:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muslim-converts-islamophobia-ramadan_us_59273e07e4b01b9a59377de2

http://muslimconverts.com/converts/

http://tellmeaboutislam.com/yusuf-estes.html

You're taking the right step, but also one that requires much courage, as you can see from the very hateful comments already. If you need someone to stand with you in every step of the way, I'd be very much willing. In the meantime, you can read some of those stories up there and they might comfort you in making a decision.

Best regards sir.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by misterh(m): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

Na wa for Muslims!
Firstly, it was Seun that decided to do that, not Nairaland Muslims.

However, below is why I believe he did that.

For those that were with NL 6-8 years ago and knew how NL worked, they would understand this declaration. In the early days of NL, religious related topics especially Islam related ones were always battlegrounds. Non Muslims usually invaded those topics and mock and deride Islam and Muslims. Meanwhile, Christian topics didn't witness these attacks. A subsection, Islam for Muslims was thereafter created just for Muslims and their topics. This didn't prevent those attacks from coming. Seun then made topics about Islam appear on the front page only on Fridays. Some Muslims saw this as being unfair as Christian related topics graced the front page at anytime. So, the questions being asked is one of the measures put in place by Seun to check these attacks on Islam topics on Nairaland.

If any topic is posted on the Islam for Muslims subsection, the question about whether you're a Muslim is automatically asked. It doesn't matter whether the thread is about Islam or not. I believe what Seun hopes to achieve with it is to make sure only Muslims view threads in the Islam for Muslim subsection. A non-Muslim making comment on them is seen as being at the wrong place. It's then weird when non-Muslims click on topics posted in the Islam for Muslim subsection but complain of the whole NL being islamized (whatever that means).

Note that this is purely my opinion.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by crixlight2(m): 11:29am On Dec 15, 2017
OboOlora:
Do people really convert to Islam? Thought people only see the light...

Because them they quick react to things concerning their religion , don’t mind the yeye op taking side
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by MrDude: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2017
grinface98:
They are all mad, my brother. They don't think with their brains. It wouldn't be funny when they stand before Allah on the judgement day. They would be shown how they were making fin of those who saw the light. It'd be too late then.

LOL comical. Allah wey no fit save the Children of Yemen being plundered into oblivion by another Muslim terrorist country

3 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Hertheywarlay: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2017
kngblacq:
Thanks, it helps. I would really love the people who have taken this step to come and share their experience.
Sir, God (Allah) will make it easy for you and show you the right path. The path of all his prophets from Adam,Abraham,Jacob,Moses, Jesus,Muhammad and others. The question I always ask Christians is that all the prophets of God( peace be upon them) which religion did they practise when they where on surface of the earth? The answer is Islam because Jesus(peace be upon him) was not the founder of Christianity, it was known after his death(peace be upon him and his Mother). Abraham was said to be the father of believer and he was Muslim because he practised the doctrine of Allah. Please sir, read translation qur'an and other articles of Islam. And don't mind what ignorance of Islam saying about it. Thanks

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Spicycat(f): 11:31am On Dec 15, 2017
bakynes:

Na wa for Muslims Christians!

Because those threads are open in religious sections, while this one is in Islam for Muslims subsection and even at that you hardly see any derogatory statement's from the Muslim's unlike the way most brainwashed Christian folks comment on Muslim threads.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh / Shocking Reason Why Muslims Don't Condemn Terrorism / Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.