Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,806 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% (17175 Views)

New Note Crisis: CBN May Print Naira Abroad To Ease Cash Crunch / Uk Slashes Import Of Nigerian Oil By 60% / Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by lastempero: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2017
That's cool,my state governor ikpeazu is busy wetting his pant.
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Blue3k(m): 7:42am On Dec 09, 2017
Chukazu:
And don't get it ...this stuffs are been built with importation of petroleum products in mind?

When are we going to refine what we produce?

Did you read article before commenting? They are doing exactly what you asking. What's not to get?

Upon completion in the next couple of years, it will completely transform into the largest petrochemical industrial estate in the whole of sub-Saharan Africa, as home to a 250,000bpd capacity refinery, a gas processing plant, a lube plant and other feedstock industries such as fertiliser plants.

1 Like

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by emperormossad(m): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2017
It baffles me that something as worthwhile as this is not being done in onitsha which has a massive opportunity in river Niger. The deep seaport which should have been developed in calabar...same story.
We keep playing politics with our economy. This administration wants to do this in a couple of years, if a different govt comes to power, this project is automatically dead on arrival because no on believes in completing projects started by predecessors.
I'm happy such a thing is thought of, will go a long way in decongesting apapa wharf.
Will it be completed?
Will other regions with viable opportunities to do this also have it?
Our economic advancement is being sacrificed on the alter of self-interest.
God help us.

1 Like

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Blue3k(m): 7:47am On Dec 09, 2017
emperormossad:
It baffles me that something as worthwhile as this is not being done in onitsha which has a massive opportunity in river Niger. The deep seaport which should have been developed in calabar...same story.
We keep playing politics with our economy. This administration wants to do this in a couple of years, if a different govt comes to power, this project is automatically dead on arrival because no on believes in completing projects started by predecessors.
I'm happy such a thing is thought of, will go a long way in decongesting apapa wharf.
Will it be completed?
God help us.

This is a private project. The project should be done 2021.

6 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by ayampissed: 7:47am On Dec 09, 2017
Nice.
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by wristbangle: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2017
This is good. I hope it gets completed because the sorry state of apapa is appalling.
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Chukazu: 7:56am On Dec 09, 2017
Blue3k:

Did you read article before commenting? They are doing exactly what you asking. What's not to get?

Ok ..seen it

Thank you
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Blue3k(m): 7:58am On Dec 09, 2017
Chukazu:

That is not what they are doing...it's not a refinery,but "storage farm" for imported product

Really I guess we're reading two different articles. The one I'm reading includes the storage farm, refinery and lube plant. There's other articles like the one I posted a few days ago talking about the other stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by chibuzorAbia: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2017
emperormossad:
Will it be completed?
God help us.

Private project haba OMO UNA!

5 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by countryfive: 7:59am On Dec 09, 2017
Zico5:
Haters have come. South West will keep improving, nothing anyone can do about that. We are the best Omo Yoruba.

don't you have something reasonable to say
this morning?
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by emperormossad(m): 8:08am On Dec 09, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

Private project haba OMO UNA!
My brother it doesn't matter if it's private/public. What should be at the forefront of any project is its impact on the polity.
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Zico5(m): 8:09am On Dec 09, 2017
countryfive:

don't you have something reasonable to say this morning?
U can go and die if I make no sense to u. Bloody haters.
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by emperormossad(m): 8:09am On Dec 09, 2017
Blue3k:

This is a private project. The project should be done 2021.
Ok. But you get my analogy. For you and for me.
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Jaideyone(m): 8:12am On Dec 09, 2017
DaudaAbu:
So what is innovative here?

Are they hoping that the country will continue to import petroleum product

I thought they should be building refinery. Abi na dangote product they want to be stocking
read again. it also includes a refinery with 250,000 BPD capacity

6 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by countryfive: 8:12am On Dec 09, 2017
Zico5:

f
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by countryfive: 8:12am On Dec 09, 2017
Zico5:

sorry o! its not your fault , your attitude has something to do with ur upbringing.
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Guestlander: 8:13am On Dec 09, 2017
Little by little, one step at a time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by matrixme(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2017
pol23:
This news is just a hype.
The total worth of the Tank Farm is $330M.
How possible can this cut the Apapa congestion by 60%?.
It's not near being real...Sure they'll reduce the Traffic, many of the suppliers will prefer to buy from them, when you consider their location,you don't need to enter Lagos and Face traffic or having to que for days at the port.
But talking about the availability of the product and their Capacity,they can't serve 20% of the suppliers.
Their Proposed output is 600M litter monthly and Nigeria runs on over 40M litter daily...that's over 1.6B litter monthly.
It's a welcome Development,but The Lagos traffic will still be there.
Don't mind them. Lot's of newer entrants these days just overblow their capacity to deliver without a corresponding ability. Are they saying 90% of the traffic plying the Apapa route are oil delivery trucks? And just like you analyzed, what if the oil deliveries decides to troop there en-masse for supply to ease the stress and they eventually can't meet the target, what is to say that the Apapa traffic will not be twice what it currently was due to the disappointment? We all know what becomes of fuel during the festivities, so these people should stop raising undue eyebrows and expectations they won't be able to meet. We are still looking for TSTV to commence operations by the way!

1 Like

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Jaideyone(m): 8:15am On Dec 09, 2017
pol23:
It's not near being real...Sure they'll reduce the Traffic, many of the suppliers will prefer to buy from them, when you consider their location,you don't need to enter Lagos and Face traffic or having to que for days at the port.
But talking about the availability of the product and their Capacity,they can't serve 20% of the suppliers.
Their Proposed output is 600M litter monthly and Nigeria runs on over 40M litter daily...that's over 1.6B litter monthly.
and you know better than them just by sitting behind one old windows vista computer and typing trash.

7 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:17am On Dec 09, 2017
Ogun state I hope they are ready to battle it out with skull miners
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Larryton(m): 8:19am On Dec 09, 2017
kay29000:
Where in Ogun state is Ibefun? Does anyone know?

Ibefun share boundry with Lagos and ogun state very close to Itokin in lagos state. I once worked as a surveyor in petrolex, then we were creating part where there pipeline will pass. Massive construction is going on there.

3 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by kay29000(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2017
Larryton:

Ibefun share boundry with Lagos and ogun state very close to Itokin in lagos state. I once worked as a surveyor in petrolex, then we were creating part where there pipeline will pass. Massive construction is going on there.

Thanks for the comment, but I still don't know exactly where that is. Where is Itokin? Which other popular area is close to the place? Ikorodu? Sagamu?

1 Like

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by LordAdam16: 8:31am On Dec 09, 2017
Blue3k:

You mean the place where militants are promising to blowup pipelines and kill? I wonder why as well. Anyway investment goes but like I said before dumb antics in SS chases investors away.

Nonsense trash.

Has pipeline ever been blown in Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers or Edo.

Abi is there no vandalism in Lagos, Ogun and virtually all states where pipelines cross.

I'm not hating on the SW, but this misconception has to stop. ExxonMobil is still in Akwa Ibom, Cheveron run much of their operations in PH.

If the investors are worried about pipeline being blown up, there are peaceful areas in SS to site projects like this. They can keep the administrative branch in the SW since it's the financial nerve of the country.

If you say since it's majorly a gasoline tank farm, so they have to cite it close to the ports where gasoline is offloaded, I'll understand. But don't switch to the default security risk argument.

Anyway, nothing concern me, I don hands-up for this country mata.

-Lord
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 09, 2017
pol23:

Have you visited the place?

1 Like

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 09, 2017
LordAdam16:

Nonsense trash.

Has pipeline ever been blown in Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers or Edo.

Abi is there no vandalism in Lagos, Ogun and virtually all states where pipelines cross.

I'm not hating on the SW, but this misconception has to stop. ExxonMobil is still in Akwa Ibom, Cheveron run much of their operations in PH.

If the investors are worried about pipeline being blown up, there are peaceful areas in SS to site projects like this.

Anyway, nothing concern me, I don hands-up for this country mata.

-Lord

Do you know the owner or the brain behind this gigantic business?

4 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 09, 2017
kay29000:

Thanks for the comment, but I still don't know exactly where that is. Where is Itokin? Which other popular area is close to the place? Ikorodu? Sagamu?

About ten minutes drive to Ijebu Ode!

3 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 09, 2017
matrixme:

Don't mind them. Lot's of newer entrants these days just overblow their capacity to deliver without a corresponding ability. Are they saying 90% of the traffic plying the Apapa route are oil delivery trucks? And just like you analyzed, what if the oil deliveries decides to troop there en-masse for supply to ease the stress and they eventually can't meet the target, what is to say that the Apapa traffic will not be twice what it currently was due to the disappointment? We all know what becomes of fuel during the festivities, so these people should stop raising undue eyebrows and expectations they won't be able to meet. We are still looking for TSTV to commence operations by the way!

Have you been to that site to see things for yourself and by yourself?

3 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by kay29000(m): 8:42am On Dec 09, 2017
Rotentina:

About ten minutes drive to Ijebu Ode!

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by LordAdam16: 8:43am On Dec 09, 2017
Rotentina:

Do you know the owner or the brain behind this gigantic business?

Just looked him up.

He is another Western (Ogun-born) aristocrat, whose foundation has patrons like Obasanjo, Obi of Onitsha, and Emir of Zaria.

Good thing he is citing the project and the refinery in his home state.

At least Blue3k can see it's not entirely because of some phantom security risk.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 09, 2017
LordAdam16:

Just looked him up.

He is another Western (Ogun-born) aristocrat, whose foundation has patrons like Obasanjo, Obi of Onitsha, and Emir of Zaria.

Good thing he is citing the project and the refinery in his home state.

At least Blue3k can see it's not entirely because of some phantom security risk.

-Lord

Let others emulate him.......... It is now time we start to develop our state by ourselves.......!

1 Like

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by LordAdam16: 8:52am On Dec 09, 2017
Rotentina:

Let others emulate him.......... It is now time we start to develop our state by ourselves.......!

True that.

Hyundai is providing technical support and Wema is helping out with the financing. Both companies have a stake in the project.

Let them be able to complete it sha. because e no dey hard for projects like this to stall for X reasons.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Petrolex Mega Oil City To Ease Apapa Gridlock By 60% by Kbs468(m): 8:52am On Dec 09, 2017
freakyamanda:
Apapa is home to two of Nigeria’s busiest seaports, several tank farms and a number of big companies. Business activities in the area are a big component of Nigeria’s economy, however, despite its importance, the deplorable condition of Apapa—caused overtime by the failure of government to expand infrastructure development in line with growing population—has been a source of nightmare to port operators, commuters, motorists and the public.

Petrolex Group, a leading energy conglomerate in Nigeria has begun a move to drastically reduce the traffic gridlock at Apapa, which has been a source of anxiety to various stakeholders.

On December 12, 2017, Petrolex Group will commission the first phase of its Mega Oil City at Ibefun, Ogun State. The project worth millions of dollars, will not only decongest Apapa by as much as 60 percent, but also break record as the first of its kind in sub-Saharan Africa’s energy landscape.

Petrolex Mega Oil City is a legacy investment currently valued at over $330million dollars by PwC. The tank farm in the Oil City has the capacity to turnover 600 million litres of petroleum products every month, and will transform petroleum products storage and distribution in Nigeria, by catering for about 60 percent of in-country need.

“As a solutions-driven company, we are positioned to drive increased efficiency and consistent value creation across the West African downstream oil and gas value chain through our strategic investments and the delivery of superior quality products and services. Working with our diverse stakeholders, the successful completion of the first phase of our mega oil city in Ibefun, Ogun State, Nigeria demonstrates our disciplined approach to project management and signposts our ability to execute large-scale energy development projects that will move the region forward,” said Segun Adebutu, Chairman/CEO of Petrolex Oil and Gas Limited, during a media tour to the site.

The Mega Oil City has 30 loading gantries, residential quarters, ultramodern health centre and a 4000-truck capacity trailer park with accommodation for drivers. Upon completion in the next couple of years, it will completely transform into the largest petrochemical industrial estate in the whole of sub-Saharan Africa, as home to a 250,000bpd capacity refinery, a gas processing plant, a lube plant and other feedstock industries such as fertiliser plants.

The Oil City will create over 10,000 new jobs, impact over 2 million lives, improve distribution of petroleum products by over 500 percent, improve efficient delivery of products to retail markets and eliminate over 2000 tankers from Apapa road.

Petrolex Oil City’s impact on Apapa will be achieved because of its strategic location. The City is easily accessible by land and waterways. There is access to the Atlantic Ocean and products can be easily shipped in and out through fleets of specially designed barges sailing through the river on the site. So far, Petrolex has procured 10 barges, 2 tugboats and a daughter vessel. The company is also expecting additional 6 barges and 6 tugboats to strengthen its diversified approach to product distribution.

Adebutu said, “I lived in Apapa, I had to pack out one day when there was a gas build-up in one of barges and it exploded and shattered glass in my house. I grew up where there were palm trees and we could ride our bicycles about and within the space of a decade, we spend one and half hours to even get out of Apapa. The infrastructure in Apapa was for a residential and partly commercial area, not for the traffic it is facing now”. Adebutu said the congestion and attendant distribution problems requires immediate solution.

According to reports, social and economic activities in the axis generate close to N140billion weekly for Nigeria and accounts for about 80 percent of imports and exports in the country.

The situation became worse in May this year, when contractors from Flour Mills, Dangote Group and the Nigerian Ports Authority commenced a rehabilitation project that necessitated closing a part of the road.

Media investigations have shown that port users spend as much as 10 days going in and out of the port to evacuate their cargoes, a process that should take 24 hours or less. Also, commuters who work around the axis have recounted the hellish time they spend on the road, at times, having to turn back without getting to work.

The chairman of Apapa local government council, Owolabi Adele, said at a stakeholders meeting in August 2017, that as a result of the traffic gridlock at Apapa, more than 82 companies have relocated, leading to huge economic losses for Lagos State and the country at large.

The Petrolex Mega Oil City will no doubt be a complete gamechanger, with huge impact on Nigeria’s economy. Petrolex is not just building an alternative, it is creating ‘a new world of endless possibilities’. Petrolex is changing the narrative of Nigeria’s underperforming energy sector with industry defining assets along the entire value chain.
http://www.todaysecho.com/petrolex-mega-oil-city-ease-apapa-gridlock-60/

Great one it is the above composition as a piece of information and it is a welcome development as the grand plan of a 16 lane dual carriageway development and provision of road infrastructure along the Lagos-Ibadan Express way with definite and specified route for different vehicular consideration based on the Gross/Net weight rating on full load and the impact on the road design provisional principles of haulage as part of the project design template for effective life span efficiency of the road networks and it associated benefits.

Thus, The road provision would certainly be complementary to the Vision conceived and made known above as well as ease the problem of petroleum products distribution across the country in the shortest time possible as Train services could also be complementary in the above regard when a comprehensive review and provision of that arm of Nigeria's Transportation system is overhauled in the thinking on the direction of the Spiritual exercise in PILGRIMAGE/HAJJ event made known on Nairaland.com social media platform using the kbs468 handle above already.

of course the road infrastructural development and distribution is not going to be limited to the identified route alone but also cut across the country not only because of it potential to carter for the aforementioned spiritual project but also an idea borne and conceived out of Our experience the last time we were on the road from SOKOTO STATE (One of the Hajj centers) En-route LAGOS STATE as the road network along the SOKOTO-KEBBI-NIGER-KWARA-OSUN-OYO-OGUN-LAGOS STATES were indeed an eye sore.

And that along ABUJA-KOGI-EDO-EKITI-ONDO-OSUN-OYO-OGUN-LAGOS too are only an improvement on the opposite route mentioned earlier and so, it is not that they shall be skipped though as they are to serve the ABUJA PILGRIMAGE CENTER for the CHRISTIAN PILGRIMS as well as for those who wouldn't want to visit the entire Centers (ie skipping Oyo & Sokoto centers ) but to just move from LAGOS through ABUJA to KANO and or just on tourism experience only/ or wanting to return to their country through the LAGOS axis still owing to business involvement or the other. It certainly going to be engaged too based on any other complex and interwoven consideration.

Not also forgetting the fact that the CHRISTIAN FAITHFULS shall be exploring the services and tourism sites along the LAGOS-OGUN-OYO-OSUN-ONDO-EKITI-EDO-SOUTH/SOUTH-SOUTH/EAST route as well as from the Northern end through the ABUJA-NASARAWA-BENUE-SOUTH/SOUTH-SOUTH/EAST, So, it is going to be a Nation wide coverage for a collective interest.

Although other states wouldn't be 16 lane dual carriageway do to lesser traffic but an 8 lane type with the exception of ABUJA axis too because of it POLITICAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA'S STATUS, being central and adjoining to the surrounding NASARAWA, KOGI, & NIGER states and as a way of tackling the experience of LAGOS (THE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD) headlong in terms of movement restriction due to gridlock as it is even the case already and gradually.

Thanks all for reading.

As always, It is with utmost wishes, #Best of Regards and the Humblest of Humility that the above has come your way again.

#PROPHET_TB_JOSHUA &

#LOVELY_UNITARY_GOD-#ALLAH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No legal basis for NAFDAC’s N1bn fine –Guinness / Food Union Employers To Relocate Factories Over Outrageous Excise Duty, Taxation / Tony Elumelu Foundation And UNDP To Empower Only Northern Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.