Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,581 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

What Do You Think? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Do You Think? (605 Views)

How Much Do You Think Fed. Govt. Should Settle Outgoing Npower Volunteers? / 55 Best Paying Companies In Nigeria - Pls Include The One You Think We Omitted / My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think? by Paradise2015(m): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2017
Good day, Kindly ignore any grammatical error. I have a little challenge, i finished youth service this year April and as God will have it i got a teaching job the next month May and the pay was like 25k but by August I got another Offer as a Secretary for 35k. But it seems i didn't bargain well because of inexperience, They last person that worked in my position was paid 120k due to the work is much and there is no HRM in the company. Now I asked my CEO for salary review and he told me that it was too early and I want to take a risk by resigning and telling him I want to travel to lagos to enhance my career and see if it will make him to have a rethink about my salary. But I must say am also grateful to him for giving me the chance to learn and get experience. Now it's a bewildering situation for me because most people are asking me not to resign until i get another job, what do you think of this situation?
Warm Regards.
Re: What Do You Think? by Teettyllayho: 10:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Paradise2015:
Good day, Kindly ignore any grammatical error. I have a little challenge, i finished youth service this year April and as God will have it i got a teaching job the next month May and the pay was like 25k but by August I got another Offer as a Secretary for 35k. But it seems i didn't bargain well because of inexperience, They last person that worked in my position was paid 120k due to the work is much and there is no HRM in the company. Now I asked my CEO for salary review and he told me that it was too early and I want to take a risk by resigning and telling him I want to travel to lagos to enhance my career and see if it will make him to have a rethink about my salary. But I must say am also grateful to him for giving me the chance to learn and get experience. Now it's a bewildering situation for me because most people are asking me not to resign until i get another job, what do you think of this situation?
Warm Regards.

I will strongly advice you not to resign if you spend little or nothing on transport fare because getting another job might not be that easy. Spend at least a year and let that add to the experience on your CV as this might help you get another job faster. Who knows, he might increase your pay once he sees you are diligent and the right person for the job.

Also, if possible, try as much as possible to save towards having a business of your own no matter how small before leaving the present job as this will keep you from being depressed or feeling bad about your unemployment status until the job comes. Its a very bad feeling to be jobless and i don't wish it for you. Maximize this opportunity please.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think? by Paradise2015(m): 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
Thanks, I appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Workers Needed. / Mastercard Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy For The Post Of A Secretary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.