Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad (17383 Views)

Five Reasons Nigerians Choose To Study At The University Of Dundee / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad-opinion / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by yassinattah(m): 9:34am On Dec 11, 2017
lebete3000:

What's the correlation between my post and the contraption you just concocted up there?
I hope you didn't just resurrect from your slumber to post this crap?
U said @ 0AUTH,9grian trained drs dia wud b disturbing @ d relaxation room or wateva u call it overdia n they don't even know basic tins they r suppose to know in medicine,with ur microscopic view of a particular set of Drs @ OAUTH as an example,
U are using it to buttress ur point in a forum like this,be careful oo.
Mr or Dr or r a learned colleague I don't know you oo pls don't put words into my mouth.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by lebete3000: 9:39am On Dec 11, 2017
yassinattah:

U said @ 0AUTH,9grian trained drs dia wud b disturbing @ d relaxation room or wateva u call it overdia n they don't even know basic tins they r suppose to know in medicine,with ur microscopic view of a particular set of Drs @ OAUTH as an example,
U are using it to buttress ur point in a forum like this,be careful oo.
Mr or Dr or r a learned colleague I don't know you oo pls don't put words into my mouth.

You see why I said you just "resurrected" from your slumber? I bet you had too many drinks last night hence you woke up on the wrong side of the bed with a hangover probably.

I was referring to the IMGs in OAUTHC not the Nigerian trained docs there.

You're welcome.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by oluwamitomisin: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2017
Ezechinwa:

UTME, I don't know about now, but most candidates cheat with their cell phones.

WACE, almost all private and public schools cheat.

when the system has lacked to maintain its integrity, what do you expect?

This one results in Nigeria producing future cheaters not leaders to continue their corrupt practices.

its true, no place like home, but my brother when you have the opportunity to attain quality education, go for the best.

this should never be s debate.

I can't agree less with you on the bold text.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by yassinattah(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2017
lebete3000:

You see why I said you just "resurrected" from your slumber? I bet you had too many drinks last night hence you woke up on the wrong side of the bed with a hangover probably.

I was referring to the IMGs in OAUTHC not the Nigerian trained docs there.

You're welcome.
So sorry u rily got me though but u need to understand d@ u cud av revealed clarity in obscurity by specifically fishing them out IMG's,my bad but why the long face nah,no offence taken oo.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by charleymed(m): 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
It is as simple as this:
You cannot train in a good country and still come back to practice in Nigeria.
All the people that I know, who trained in the US and UK never came back.
They are practicing there.
People should stop going to Ukraine, Belarus, etc to waste their time and money.
If you must study medicine and can't pass jamb, just go to a private university.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by yassinattah(m): 9:34am On Dec 12, 2017
Firstcitizen:
Very prejudiced write up.

One question. How come we see people donating money to fly others to India just for treatment if Nigerian trained doctors are better.

Before arguing about facilities, is it not the same poor facilities that are being used to train your "super" Nigerian doctors meaning they are poorly trained?

Let me enlighten u MR or MRS.
U see abt 4.3% of our budget is going to health meaning no facilities or equipment would be left after paying health workers salaries,assess ur country first b4 whinging the healthcare system.

Is not as if the skills is not dia but its the man power to showcase the talent u acquired.

See plenty of Nigerian doctors flying overseas for a better practice due to the quackery line of treatment n substandard equipments/facilities we have.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Firstcitizen: 9:38am On Dec 12, 2017
yassinattah:

Let me enlighten u MR or MRS.
U see abt 4.3% of our budget is going to health meaning no facilities or equipment would be left after paying health workers salaries,assess ur country first b4 whinging the healthcare system.

Is not as if the skills is not dia but its the man power to showcase the talent u acquired.

See plenty of Nigerian doctors flying overseas for a better practice due to the quackery line of treatment n substandard equipments/facilities we have.

First of all, enlighten yourself about the line of arguement before commenting.

Is education this bad in Nigeria that people can no longer read?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by yassinattah(m): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2017
Firstcitizen:

First of all, enlighten yourself about the line of arguement before commenting.

Is education this bad in Nigeria that people can no longer read?
Answer this simple question who are u for and who are you against?because u r just making comment that you yourself can't even read meaning into all in the name of being heard that's all because u r not even a medical personnel to undastand what u were writing.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Firstcitizen: 10:55am On Dec 12, 2017
yassinattah:

Answer this simple question who are u for and who are you against?because u r just making comment that you yourself can't even read meaning into all in the name of being heard that's all because u r not even a medical personnel to undastand what u were writing.

smh
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by yassinattah(m): 11:29am On Dec 12, 2017
Firstcitizen:

smh
Sumtimes I prefer discussing matters like this with a learned colleague in the health sector not just anybody making comments that u can't read meaning into,
thinking they are driving a point to hit a nail on the head,
not knowing d@ reading their comments is just like trying to withdraw water from a mirage.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Firstcitizen: 11:34am On Dec 12, 2017
yassinattah:

Sumtimes I prefer discussing matters like this with a learned colleague in the health sector not just anybody making comments that u can't read meaning into,
thinking they are driving a point to hit a nail on the head,
not knowing d@ reading their comments is just like trying to withdraw water from a mirage.

Chai. Na person pay dis one school fees for years so
Re: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad by Moukandjo: 4:17am On Feb 05, 2018
lebete3000:

Why can't you just acceptr you guys are empty barrels and do away with your persecutory delusions...it makes you look weak and foolish.

What do you mean by MDCN having double standards? You mean they set a different exams from what they teach or what? Medicine is universal worldwide only that some diseases occur more commonly in other terrains than others.

You sound like someone who thinks they're setting different exams for people, I am preparing for the USMLE and I'm not starting with KAPLAN but with the main texts, by the time I'm through with that then I can come down to specifics in KAPLAN, that is how an excellent doctor studies for exams, not looking for Area of Concentration as you're inferring. I'm sure if you were actually well trained abroad you'll know that, cos only weak students of your type end up with Area of Confusion.

My response here is not to throw words around but to save unsuspecting Nigerians who majority of them are also cajoled and hoodwinked with the Oyinbo mentality like your ilk from your destruction.

A place where a Medical Officer from Sudan was left in the Paediatric unit and neonate were just dying like pure water, dvmb head had to be repatriated to the GOPD to protect our future kids from her disaster.

It's just appalling saying I'm jealous of a bunch of Bimbos who don't even possess the basic knowledge of the tenets of Medicine, but this is Nigeria where anything goes.

The same FMGs that had terrible grades in other African countries like Ghana, Kenya etc and hid their face in shame will come to Naija where they even had a better pass mark and start raising dust and threatening brimstone....

Shame!!!

Abeg who get the meme of that black coach clapping away in disgust...I should start screen grabbing some meme for dummies like this.

Just going through this thread, but baba, you dey insult even at slightest stuffs here gan o! And you're probably even more pompous than the FMGs who you accuse of same!
By the way, excellent doctors would have cleared their 3 steps of the USMLE a maximum of 2-3 years post grad, & not just coming up with one self-acclaimed excellent study plan for step 1 five years post grad when it's even 99% impossible to match any residency at all!
Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History / Unaab 2nd List Is Out: Check Your Status Now: / 18 Pupils Hospitalised After Eating Osun Free Meal, Govt Begins Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.