Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? (1901 Views)

10 Things You Should Know About The Garden Of Eden / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Why Did "GOD" Allow The Holocaust To Occur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Junny04(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2017
I always wonder why God allowed the serpent into the garden of Eden in the first place?.. God is all knowing and seeing, hence He must have known of the presence of the serpent in the garden...As a father, is he meant to allow danger come close to his children?...And if He allowed the snake into the garden just to tempt Adam and Eve, is He meant to be surprised that Adam and Eve could not resist the temptation, knowing fully well that they were highly ignorant people...
.What's your take on this?
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by eezeribe(m): 7:26am On Dec 10, 2017
... Because he had already programmed it to happen like that...
Most of the Biblical accounts of the creation and fall of mankind are just look more and see less....

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by LessNoise: 7:26am On Dec 10, 2017
If you ask me.....na who i go ask??

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by eezeribe(m): 7:28am On Dec 10, 2017
LessNoise:
If you ask me.....na who i go ask??
I wonder ooh
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Junny04(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2017
eezeribe:
Most of the Biblical accounts of the creation and fall of mankind are just look more and see less....
So why get angry with them for calling for the temptation, since He has already programmed it from the start...?...#beats me
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Mobi47(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2017
mystery..... that's what we cannot understand. just leave it to God, even if you ask him, he won't tell you. go and read the book of job from start-end you will understand. you can't question him regarding that aspect. even me too de wonder sometimes..... but GOD IS GOD
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by hopefulLandlord: 7:30am On Dec 10, 2017
interesting question
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Ayoemrys(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2017
The Only Way To Have Answer To Your Question Is To Try And Make Heaven, Then You Will Ask God Himself Because No Any Person, Be You Daddy G O Or P0P Can Answer You Directly, They Will Be Diverting You Question Instead,
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by izzou(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2017
Have you ever wondered why God didn't just create us as robots?

God made man in his own image. Some would say that Man is a free moral agent. God wanted man to serve him and to surrender to him by himself,not being compelled by anybody or force.

We are free to make whatsoever choice we want. But we won't be free from the consequences.

Just as Adam decided to eat the Apple out of his own freewill,that's how you have to choice to make heaven or not, to kill or not, to fornicate or not, etc

God wants us to surrender to him from our own freewill. That's the obedience he requires,of which, Adam failed to understand

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by plessis: 7:35am On Dec 10, 2017
The Bible is a magic book used in keeping you sheeps in your illusion.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Junny04(m): 7:46am On Dec 10, 2017
izzou:
Have you ever wondered why God didn't just create us as robots?

God made man in his own image. Some would say that Man is a free moral agent. God wanted man to serve him and to surrender to him by himself,not being compelled by anybody or force.

We are free to make whatsoever choice we want. But we won't be free from the consequences.

Just as Adam decided to eat the Apple out of his own freewill,that's how you have to choice to make heaven or not, to kill or not, to fornicate or not, etc

God wants us to surrender to him from our own freewill. That's the obedience he requires,of which, Adam failed to understand
.But dont you think it was too early to allow them be tempted? Though they were grown ups physically, their brains and thinking ability were just like that of babies....
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Baawaa(m): 7:47am On Dec 10, 2017
plessis:
The Bible is a magic book used in keeping you sheeps in your illusion.
One of the grandkids of Satan is here
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Junny04(m): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2017
eezeribe:
. I concur...

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by izzou(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2017
Junny04:

.But dont you think it was too early to allow them be tempted? Though they were grown ups physically, their brains and thinking ability were just like that of babies....

We can only assume that their thinking abilities were like that of babies. God created Adam as an adult. If you remember, it was Adam that gave all the animals the name they bear. One with a child-like thinking won't be able to that that effectively

The instruction was simple, just as it is to us today. Unlike our earthly parents that will force us to do according to their will, God won't do such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by gentle136(m): 7:57am On Dec 10, 2017
Junny04:

. I concur...
Oh really
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by gentle136(m): 7:58am On Dec 10, 2017
to test how weak is d heart of human.
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by hopefulLandlord: 8:00am On Dec 10, 2017
just in case
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Junny04(m): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2017
izzou:

We can only assume that their thinking abilities were like that of babies. God created Adam as an adult. If you remember, it was Adam that gave all the animals the name they bear. One with a child-like thinking won't be able to that that effectively

The instruction was simple, just as it is to us today. Unlike our earthly parents that will force us to do according to their will, God won't do such.

. I actually think anyone can name animals...just give names that come to your mind. Even babies name things according to how they view them
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:04am On Dec 10, 2017
Mobi47:
mystery..... that's what we cannot understand. just leave it to God, even if you ask him, he won't tell you.

IGNORANCE AND DELUSION! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by hopefulLandlord: 8:05am On Dec 10, 2017
Junny04:

. I actually think anyone can name animals...just give names that come to your mind. Even babies name things according to how they view them

interesting rebuttal
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:07am On Dec 10, 2017
izzou:

If you remember, it was Adam that gave all the animals the name they bear.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MANY MILLIONS OF SPECIES OF ANIMALS THERE ARE IN THE WORLD..
DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE SPECIES YET TO BE DISCOVERED OR OBSERVED FULLY BY BIOLOGISTS, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'RE SCARCE OR UNEASY TO SEE AROUND BECAUSE THEY ARE REALLY TINY, OR MICROSCOPIC, OR BECAUSE THEY ONLY EXIST ON PARTICULAR ISLANDS, OR VERY DEEP UNDER WATER. ?

IF 1,000,000 AND MORE LITERATE AND PROFESSIONAL SCIENTISTS ARE YET TO DISCOVER AND NAME ALL THE ANIMALS ON EARTH,

HOW DO YOU THINK IT WAS EASIER FOR ADAM, AN ILLITERATE GOAT REARER FROM THE STONE AGE? undecided

izzou:

Lol

Remember that God saw how Adam named them,and he concluded that it was good. God actually agreed that Adam had done a good job

HE NAMED ALL THE MILLIONS OF ANIMALS UNDER ONE DAY, THAT'S BEFORE THE CREATION OF EVE..

HOW DID HE GET TO NAME THE SLOTHS OF AMERICA, THE MAMBAS AND KANGAROOS OF AUSTRALIA, THE POLAR BEARS AND PENGUINS OF ANTARCTICA, THE LIONS OF AFRICA, AND THEN TIGERS OF ASIA.. WHEN HE DIDN'T TRAVEL TO THESE PLACES WHICH ARE THE NATURAL HOMES OF THESE ANIMALS., AND MOST CANNOT SURVIVE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 10, 2017
Because God gave every one ability to choose, U choose the way U want to live ur live

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by izzou(m): 8:12am On Dec 10, 2017
Junny04:

Lol

Very funny

Remember that God saw how Adam named them,and he concluded that it was good. God actually agreed that Adam had done a good job

Maybe you should tell a baby to pronounce something and see if you will agree that it is good

Anyways,back to the topic.
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by hopefulLandlord: 8:13am On Dec 10, 2017
profolaolu:
Because God gave every one ability to choose, U choose the way U want to live ur live

can one chose something an omniscient being wouldn't know of before hand?

if an omniscient being knows I'll eat Rice, can I use my "ability to choose" to eat beans?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by plessis: 8:15am On Dec 10, 2017
Baawaa:

One of the grandkids of Satan is here
shut up your mouth ignorant buffoon if you don't know anything....

Lucifer is light bearer, morning star, phosphorus.. .

Your Bible tell you snakes can talk and a virgin can give birth. And you believe without even asking yourself questions.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by izzou(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MANY MILLIONS OF SPECIES OF ANIMALS THERE ARE IN THE WORLD..
DO YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE SPECIES YET TO BE DISCOVERED OR OBSERVED FULLY BY BIOLOGISTS, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'RE SCARCE OR UNEASY TO SEE AROUND BECAUSE THEY ARE REALLY TINY, OR MICROSCOPIC, OR BECAUSE THEY ONLY EXIST ON PARTICULAR ISLANDS, OR VERY DEEP UNDER WATER. ?

IF 1,000,000 AND MORE LITERATE AND PROFESSIONAL SCIENTISTS ARE YET TO DISCOVER AND NAME ALL THE ANIMALS ON EARTH,

HOW DO YOU THINK IT WAS EASIER FOR ADAM, AN ILLITERATE GOAT REARER FROM THE STONE AGE? undecided

HE NAMED ALL THE MILLIONS OF ANIMALS UNDER ONE DAY, THAT'S BEFORE THE CREATION OF EVE..

HOW DID HE GET TO NAME THE SLOTHS OF AMERICA, THE MAMBAS AND KANGAROOS OF AUSTRALIA, THE POLAR BEARS AND PENGUINS OF ANTARCTICA, THE LIONS OF AFRICA, AND THEN TIGERS OF ASIA.. WHEN HE DIDN'T TRAVEL TO THESE PLACES WHICH ARE THE NATURAL HOMES OF THESE ANIMALS., AND MOST CANNOT SURVIVE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN?

Well, according to the Bible, Adam named them all.

And please, I used the phrase according to the bible because I believe it completely. Its my guide and compass to my unanswered questions.

If you don't believe what it says,I can't change that or help you grin

And besides,the Bible's primary objective is to show man his way to salvation. Its possible that we may not have some understanding concerning some issues,but that shouldn't shift our goal to what we are supposed to achieve

I only used that example to show my own understanding concerning that issue,not for it to be debated upon

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by obonujoker(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2017
izzou:

Well, according to the Bible, Adam named them all.

And please, I used the phrase according to the bible because I believe it completely. Its my guide and compass to my unanswered questions.

If you don't believe what it says,I can't change that or help you grin

And besides,the Bible's primary objective is to show man his way to salvation. Its possible that we may not have some understanding concerning some issues,but that shouldn't shift our goal to what we are supposed to achieve

I only used that example to show my own understanding concerning that issue,not for it to be debated upon

Good... Good
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by MuttleyLaff: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2017
Junny04:
I always wonder why God allowed the serpent into the garden of Eden in the first place?..
God is all knowing and seeing, hence He must have known of the presence of the serpent in the garden...
As a father, is he meant to allow danger come close to his children?...

And if He allowed the snake into the garden just to tempt Adam and Eve,
is He meant to be surprised that Adam and Eve could not resist the temptation,
knowing fully well that they were highly ignorant people...
What's your take on this?
And the LORD God said unto the serpent,
Because thou hast done this,
thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field;
upon thy belly shalt thou go,
and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

- Genesis 3:14

The serpent was allowed in the garden, for right purposes and not for wrong ones
The unabridged account of Genesis 3:14, is too long-winded to share, besides being beyond the scope of the answer you're soliciting

The first embolden (i.e. ... could not resist the temptation) shows the necessity to tackle the vulnerability of Man

If the serpent, was not allowed in the garden, or better still, was never created, satan would have used something else, a different animal or means

The second embolden (i.e. "... were highly ignorant people"), is unjust and not a fair assessment of Adam and Eve
because they certainly WEREN'T "highly ignorant people"

profolaolu:
Of course, you're absolutely 110% correct.
Why not, if you so wish, nothing stops you

Afterall, from the word go, the Omniscient Being, from the very beginning, has always been big on carte blanche

hopefulLandlord:
can one chose something an omniscient being wouldn't know of before hand?
One CANNOT chose something an Omniscient Being wouldn't know of before hand.
Remember the Omniscient Being is All-knowing
Want to why one CANNOT chose something an Omniscient Being wouldn't know of before hand?

It is because before anyone or anything for that matter, is created,
the Omniscient Being had already gone ahead through all the different permutations, that person or thing, might do or might not do

For every thing, anything that happens, like experience, event, etcetera done right, it is happy days for the Omniscient Being
and for every other thing, not done the right way, the Omniscient Being, knows how to go about setting right, such undesirable situation(s) and the collateral damage
The Omniscient Being has answers and solutions, for every choice taken or move played

hopefulLandlord:
if an omniscient being knows I'll eat Rice,
can I use my "ability to choose" to eat beans
?
Your question isnt framed correctly before asking
Read it yourself, to see how seriously out of sync it is

If you used your "ability to choose" to eat beans,
then the Omniscient Being, long before your "ability to choose" to eat beans, knew you'll eat beans and not rice.

The Omniscient Being, knew, you MIGHT, as an available option, want to eat rice
but when you eventually settled to eating beans, using your "ability to choose" from other choices, the Omniscient Being knew that too.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by adepeter2027(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2017
See funny comments above

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by adepeter2027(m): 10:59am On Dec 10, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
And the LORD God said unto the serpent,
Because thou hast done this,
thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field;
upon thy belly shalt thou go,
and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

- Genesis 3:14

The serpent was allowed in the garden, for right purposes and not for wrong ones
The unabridged account of Genesis 3:14, is too long-winded to share, besides being beyond the scope of the answer you're soliciting

The first embolden (i.e. ... could not resist the temptation) shows the necessity to tackle the vulnerability of Man

If the serpent, was not allowed in the garden, or better still, was never created, satan would have used something else, a different animal or means

The second embolden (i.e. "... were highly ignorant people"), is unjust and not a fair assessment of Adam and Eve
because they certainly WEREN'T "highly ignorant people"

Of course, you're absolutely 110% correct.
Why not, if you so wish, nothing stops you

Afterall, from the word go, the Omniscient Being, from the very beginning, has always been big on carte blanche

One CANNOT chose something an Omniscient Being wouldn't know of before hand.
Remember the Omniscient Being is All-knowing
Want to why one CANNOT chose something an Omniscient Being wouldn't know of before hand?

It is because before anyone or anything for that matter, is created,
the Omniscient Being had already gone ahead through all the different permutations, that person or thing, might do or might not do

For every thing, anything that happens, like experience, event, etcetera done right, it is happy days for the Omniscient Being
and for every other thing, not done the right way, the Omniscient Being, knows how to go about setting right, such undesirable situation(s) and the collateral damage
The Omniscient Being has answers and solutions, for every choice taken or move played

Your question isnt framed correctly before asking
Read it yourself, to see how seriously out of sync it is

If you used your "ability to choose" to eat beans,
then the Omniscient Being, long before your "ability to choose" to eat beans, knew you'll eat beans and not rice.

The Omniscient Being, knew, you MIGHT, as an available option, want to eat rice
but when you eventually settled to eating beans, using your "ability to choose" from other choices, the Omniscient Being knew that too.

What sought of disjointed reasoning and cop-out is this?
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by MuttleyLaff: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2017
adepeter2027:
See funny comments above
You looked in a mirror dimly when you typed that

adepeter2027:
What sought of disjointed reasoning and cop-out is this?
**Major eyeroll**
Stop trying to make fetch happen
The scent is intoxicating.
You smell like ignorance, drama, headache and a juvenile.
Gerarahia. Get away from this matured minds thread
Re: Why Did God Allow The Serpent Enter The Garden Of Eden? by adepeter2027(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You looked in a mirror dimly when typed that

**Major eyeroll**
Stop trying to make fetch happen
The scent is intoxicating.
You smell like ignorance, drama, headache and a juvenile.
Gerarahia. Get away from this matured minds thread
Mature minds?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Polygamy Is Not Sinful Before God, Only Pastors Are Barred - Presbyterian Pastor / In Whose Image Were Women Created? / 7 Signs Of The Abusive Jezebel Church Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.