Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? (1022 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by watchwoman(f): 10:19am On Dec 10, 2017
I am currently in church right now and my Pastor just reacted to the ongoing anti-tithe movement.

He just said that we should all pay our tithes, so that God will be happy with us.
Then he went ahead to say that we should all pay the tithes if we don't want to go to hell .
Me, personally since March this year, I don't pay tithes because I don't work, and if I were to pay at all, it would be one-tenth if my increase which I don't have. As I don't believe in using pocket money or dash money to pay tithes.

So ,if you don't pay your tithes is it a sin and can you go to hell for it? For me, I don't believe it is a sin.
Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by Loyalblak007(f): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2017
That is a BIG FAT lie angry

1 Like

Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by MhizzAJ(f): 10:40am On Dec 10, 2017
Jesus Christ!
It is between you and God
Paying of tithe doesn't mean you will make heaven

Must our tithes even go to the church directly
Some pastors should stop misleading people

1 Like

Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by Ultimus: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2017
Whether you'll go to hell or not, nobody knows and can't prove it (I very much believe you're not going to hell). I can tell you an obvious indisputable truth though. The church especially evangelical Pentecostalism always needs money to fund the ostentation of it's clergy. Which is why pastors are making all efforts to discourage people from paying attention to the campaign of guys like Daddy Freeze. And that says a lot.

Tithes paid to the church benefit no one but the pastors clamouring for you to pay up. I suppose they serve a God that they proclaim can do all things, so why can't the pastors put trust in God to take care of the church in the absence of tithes? They don't. They'd rather collect raw cash from you than wait for God to perform a miracle.

1 Like

Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by watchwoman(f): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2017
Ultimus:
Whether you'll go to hell or not, nobody knows and can't prove it (I very much believe you're not going to hell). I can tell you an obvious indisputable truth though. The church especially evangelical Pentecostalism always needs money to fund the ostentation of it's clergy. Which is why pastors are making all efforts to discourage people from paying attention to the campaign of guys like Daddy Freeze. And that says a lot.

Tithes paid to the church benefit no one but the pastors clamouring for you to pay up. I suppose they serve a God that they proclaim can do all things, so why can't the pastors put trust in God to take care of the church in the absence of tithes? They don't. They'd rather collect raw cash from you than wait for God to perform a miracle.

Though he said we don't pay tithes to him but to God, I was shocked when I heard him say that, because I don't recall hell being the punishment for those who don't pay tithes
Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by greatermax77(m): 11:20am On Dec 10, 2017
My brother, I tell u most of these men are anti Christ.
There is no hell any where in the Bible. if there is correct me & titheing is not compulsory.
U own nobody no debt as Christ has paid all ur debt.
Freewill donations & offerings is what u should be doing in the church & to the poor
The quest for materialism is driving many pastors crazy

1 Like

Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2017
Paying tithe is a work. Just like other works of the flesh, it does not justify any body.

1 Like

Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by sonofthunder: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
Muafrika2:
Paying tithe is a work. Just like other works of the flesh, it does not justify any body.
and faith without works is what?
Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by sonofthunder: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
who is your pastor @op
Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by petra1(m): 9:01am On Dec 11, 2017
watchwoman:
I am currently in church right now and my Pastor just reacted to the ongoing anti-tithe movement.

He just said that we should all pay our tithes, so that God will be happy with us.
Then he went ahead to say that we should all pay the tithes if we don't want to go to hell .
Me, personally since March this year, I don't pay tithes because I don't work, and if I were to pay at all, it would be one-tenth if my increase which I don't have. As I don't believe in using pocket money or dash money to pay tithes.

So ,if you don't pay your tithes is it a sin and can you go to hell for it? For me, I don't believe it is a sin.

Tithes and offerings are necessity for us. If you don't work and you still receive money ,tithe from the money you receive. But tithes or any form giving is not taking you to hell or heaven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Anybody Go To Hell For Not Paying Tithes? by cescky(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
watchwoman:

No paying tithe doesn't mean you'll go to hell

It's just a kingdom investment

It's like insurance....many people don't have it yet ...Life goes well with them

That being said tithe has its returns...most footballers are filthy Rich...but the c Ronald and Messi and stinking and filthy Rich

Take a que from successful pastor...their all tithe paying, that doesn't mean those not consistent with it are less righteous

And yes it's 10 percent of increas

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

DO YOU WANT YOUR DREAM TO BE INTERPRETED ? / Throwback: Pope John Paul II In Onitsha 1998- Picture / Popular Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke Is Dead. His Legacy Lives On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.