Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913722 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abigalbee98(f): 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
aamstih:
For toefl, Notefull videos on youtube and the Toefl official guide should suffice. 10 days prep (3-4hrs daily) would be more than adequate

I appreciate this....thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onihaxy: 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
Thanks to walspring and every other people behind the GRE and Toefl promo, i just got my registration confirmation email from ETS.

more blessings. more grace

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello again, please which schools are most likely to fund international students and WHEN IS THE BEST TERM (SPRING OR FALL) TO APPLY WITH HOPE OF BEING FUNDED? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lyrondee: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
kcwitch:
Hello again, please which schools are most likely to fund international students and WHEN IS THE BEST TERM (SPRING OR FALL) TO APPLY WITH HOPE OF BEING FUNDED? Thanks
FALL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adesbaba: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
Best time to send application for fall 2018, pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2018
lyrondee:

FALL

Wow! So I should wait till fall 2019?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
adesbaba:
Best time to send application for fall 2018, pls

It's late already for most schools. Deadline is usually December to March 1st or 15th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
Teedawg:
Has anyone renewed their passport yet ? What I see on the portal is for e-passport is that all I need ? I thought one had to go to DC or NY for renewal

Follow the instructions on the website of the embassy or consulate you wish to go to. That should lead you up to setting up an appointment. Carry some extra cash with you for travel if not in the area-they are good at extorting people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Teedawg: 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
biikeys:

Follow the instructions on the website of the embassy or consulate you wish to go to. That should lead you up to setting up an appointment. Carry some extra cash with you for travel if not in the area-they are good at extorting people.
okay thanks so much !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by obinoral1179(m): 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
onihaxy:
Thanks to walspring and every other people behind the GRE and Toefl promo, i just got my registration confirmation email from ETS.

Baba you wan go USA leave us abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2018
Coloniel5000:
please house I need to send my TOEFL result and I don't have a Visa card which happens to be the only payment medium. I need some one to help me process it either with naira (7500) or dollars ($20). I'll refund.
please I need this help urgently. pleasssssssss.

Go to B Y. MAFIT at Ikeja. It's 7k. I sent mine last month to a school I didn't add

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adesbaba: 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
kcwitch:

It's late already for most schools. Deadline is usually December to March 1st or 15th

Ahh,so what can I do now bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
adesbaba:

Ahh,so what can I do now bro

chill and prepare for fall 2019 or go with spring 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:47am On Feb 20, 2018
ndindiatu:
Good day my People in house , I want to study nursing and I plan to pass through accelerated route. My fear is I heard is a rigorous and highly intensive which gets me worried. I am not too young per se. Hope u guys understand where I am going concerning level of assimilation. And the way people jack in this USA gets me worried. Whether I can cope? What do u guys advice. Help a sister .

Age is not an excuse. However, studying in US requires full attention.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hkana: 6:37am On Feb 20, 2018
Hkana:
Hello house.
Anyone with useful information about the viability of a Msc in Project Management (it's an Engineering course)?

Please help me.

I still need answers.

Twoods
Teedawg
Imperiouxx
Anyone else
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 7:42am On Feb 20, 2018
Credit Femi 312

There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I createdhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0 

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

kcwitch:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 20, 2018
Thanks for the answer, highly appreciate. I'm going to PM you though for just one more important question please.
bigfrancis21:

He is eligible to adjust status so far as he entered the US legally (i.e he has an I-94). The only people barred from ever adjusting status in the US are illegal immigrants that crossed the country's borders illegally - they do not have an I-94 because they were not inspected at the border/port of entry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kachifo3: 11:56am On Feb 20, 2018
Please who had successfully processed his/her transcript from UNN recently. I heard NASU is on strike. Can this be an obstacle..?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eldee365: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
eldee365:
cc femi312
cc Bossman
Well done Boss!

I need an honest advice, I have BSc accounting I want to go into IT, I have a passion for that, been looking at management information systems, have made my researches, schools etc
but I need suggestions,

what other ms degree in IT (2yrs preferably)similar to MIS is good for an accountant,with good job prospects(something I don't need work experience before I get a job immediately after my MSc)

I have used Quora, reddit etc am not satisfied!

I need honest suggestions here...

Looking at a career as a business analyst or project management,IT Auditor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eldee365: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
Teedawg:
check out CIS it's more business/marketing affliated
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hello guys. This is an UPDATED question from earlier. please I need HELP on this. So A friend of mine fell out of status and has been dating this girl for 2years. Wants to get married but his driver's license, visa and i20 are expired. The only GOVT issued ID that he has valid is his Nigerian Passport, can he get a marriage license at the court with just that??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bolisticbond026: 12:09am On Feb 21, 2018
Good day guys.Please is it possible to send evaluated transcript by ECE to my prospective school without sending to myself? because i observed that it more expensive when sending down the evaluated transcript to Nigeria and to the school i'm applying to in USA which cost $255.Sending to school alone in USA,ECE charge me $170.I want those in the house who has used ECE to evaluate their transcript before to help me this.Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abigalbee98(f): 6:51am On Feb 21, 2018
onihaxy:

God go continue to dey blessed them ni o....u guys shall never experience bitter in ur lyfs....thanks once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jeffery23: 7:39am On Feb 21, 2018
hello my great people in the house, from my observation so far, visa transcript ve not been posted lately and people have being going to the embassy , hope all is well? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:53am On Feb 21, 2018
jeffery23:
hello my great people in the house, from my observation so far, visa transcript ve not been posted lately and people have being going to the embassy , hope all is well? Thank you.

Most schools have resumed ...... in the next summer Or fall resumption you see more transcripts ( that if people give back)

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by richiepolymer(m): 9:41am On Feb 21, 2018
Bolisticbond026:
Good day guys.Please is it possible to send evaluated transcript by ECE to my prospective school without sending to myself? because i observed that it more expensive when sending down the evaluated transcript to Nigeria and to the school i'm applying to in USA which cost $255.Sending to school alone in USA,ECE charge me $170.I want those in the house who has used ECE to evaluate their transcript before to help me this.Thanks in advance.

Still ensure you have your copy. It is very important you have your copy delivered to you for reference purpose. I don't know about ECE but WES gives a boost in grade conversion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ndindiatu: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2018
My People I want to say thanks and one love for the contributions u people are making on this forum. Please a sister of mine wants to study mental health counselling here in USA. Though I told here our accent will affect her job opportunity. What do u guys think? Pleasw advise us. Thanks all. God bless u all for sparing ur time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hi guys, so i plan to go for my Masters program, am a law graduate from a foreign university in Republic of Benin,
1-where do i start from, what's the process, do i need to sit for any exams, i chose Arkansas Tech University for my masters program,
2- how much does my Sponsor have to have in his account?
3-would be passing out of nysc April and would get a job before applying
Please put me through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beezyblaze(m): 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
Abigalbee98:
GM landers,
Is there any one writing SAT or toelf (am writing d two tho)just need someone to study with....I have the Barron Sat textbook...anyone pls.

I'm sitting for toefl tho...
When are you writing yours??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beezyblaze(m): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
Hello us gurus in the house...please I'm sorry if I'm derailing the thread... Please i just have a question and i need advice from those that have been or are in the states for a while now....
Please i want to know how football is over there??
I'm an amateur footballer and 18 years of age... I'm considering going to the states to play football... Probably for a semi pro team or an academy but dont know how to go about it.
I thought of applying for an f1 visa but I'll definitely be out of status because i might not go for classes and i don't want anything that will jeopardize my stay in the states or that will come back and haunt me later in the future...
Please do anyone have any advice for me??
Probably if there's any academy that might invite me or something.
My flight fare and all is intact.
My plan is to enter usa in the rightest way and with my mind at rest ...Nothing else.
sorry if my question might be silly..
I just dont want to make any mistake..
Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2018
beezyblaze:
Hello us gurus in the house...please I'm sorry if I'm derailing the thread... Please i just have a question and i need advice from those that have been or are in the states for a while now....
I'm an amateur footballer and 18 years of age... I'm considering going to the states to play football... Probably for a semi pro team or an academy but dont know how to go about it.
I thought of applying for an f1 visa but I'll definitely be out of status because i might not go for classes and i don't want anything that will jeopardize my stay in the states or that will come back and haunt me later in the future...
My plan is to enter usa in the rightest way and with my mind at rest ...Nothing else.
Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of sport scholarships you see in university and students are able to combine both playing the sport and graduating

That been said if you mean football / soccer . That is not a popular sport in the USA , so the options for scholarship in that game would be limiting compared to for example American football . check www.pass4soccer.com or find the Nigerian equivalent .
There are some scholarship for soccer but i dont know how easy it is to get it from Nigeria. Is there local team that does assessment to determine how good you are in football ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 30watts: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2018
beezyblaze:
Thanks in advance.

I know a very good footballer who got a scholarship to a soccer school from here in Lagos and was even backed by the biggest Network Service provider here in naija. He completed his bsc with the school and played for the university team for the duration of his studies. Unfortunately, he couldn’t sign a professional contract before his visa expired and he has tried for the second time to get a UK VISA as his Yankee visa wasn’t renewed. This is one experience, others may have turned out well.

US Basketball, Athletics, A.Football are more valuable than soccer.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.