Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (918153 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:06am On Mar 25, 2018
eso18:
Hi everyone,

Glad to join such an informative forum. My fiance got admission into Oklahoma State University and we were hoping we could get in touch with a fellow Nigerian student. Please, do you guys know of an OSU student we can connect with?

Thanks a lot.

there's an African OSU page you can reach out to, the guys/gals out here are a very nice group...in the group you have Nigerians, ghanians, ivorians,etc so they might have someone in the college or department your fiancé would be studying. there's a whatsappgroup you would be added to as well. i would speak with one of the student to link up with you. if you don't mind asking what dept. /college is your fiancé heading for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Etap: 7:56am On Mar 25, 2018
Someone please advice me, i was denied early march, i noticed the reason for my denial was cos of my job history and been still single with my age, im getting married legally in may, and i intend to reapply at abuja not lagos again, please is it pissible i change my work history between march and july pls,and i do not intend to add my previous working history but if the VO ask about it i will tell him about it .pls what is your advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2018
Etap:
Someone please advice me, i was denied early march, i noticed the reason for my denial was cos of my job history and been still single with my age, im getting married legally in may, and i intend to reapply at abuja not lagos again, please is it pissible i change my work history between march and july pls,and i do not intend to add my previous working history but if the VO ask about it i will tell him about it .pls what is your advice

If care is not taken , you are in for second denial

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olashile147: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2018
texrem:
Anybody studying Masters in Public administration should please DM me! cheesy cheesy cheesy
I’m pLanning to apply for masters in public administration too hopefully starting my application next year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ndindiatu: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2018
Please anyone heading to North canton Walsh University ohio. Please Hola me for room mates things
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eso18(f): 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mandem101:

there's an African OSU page you can reach out to, the guys/gals out here are a very nice group...in the group you have Nigerians, ghanians, ivorians,etc so they might have someone in the college or department your fiancé would be studying. there's a whatsappgroup you would be added to as well. i would speak with one of the student to link up with you. if you don't mind asking what dept. /college is your fiancé heading for?

Thank you very much for the response. The department is Plant Biology, Ecology and Evolution, College of Arts and Sciences. Will love to join the whatsapp group and African OSU page, is it on Facebook?

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Raycupid: 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
Please does it matter if I decide not to use the financial statement used initially to secure the form I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jordan122(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
Good morning and happy Sunday to you all.pls sister Lagosismyhome am trying to send message to you through mail is not going pls I will like to have private discussion with you pls you can contact me via email @ (akinlabio38@gmail.com)
can't wait to hear back from you best regard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
Happy Sunday everyone... with the plethora of visa denials. I think (IMO) that the solution will be to increase your TRUTH percentage and reduce/eliminate your LIE level. Lying is easily detected with psychology except you are a pro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pampaya009(m): 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
Happy � Sunday to you all.
Please I need an answer to this question.
How many days does it takes the WES evaluation to reach One's submitted address, if one uses a standard delivery services?

My documents had been sent to me from WES since March 14th and am yet to receive it.
How long am I supposed to wait?

Secondly, I need information about Florida State University and Florida polytechnic University. I want to know if FPU is a red flag⛳ and recommendations about the schools.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dokkitaa(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
Etap:

I think it would benefit the whole house to share your full transcripts so we could pick one or two things clearly, because i couldn't depict whether your age (which am doubting already) was the exact reason or job history. Please note that this is not only because you want to make corrections but that someone who is reading somewhere can silently make corrections to his too before the D-day. One Love

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Linc000: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hello house, am just seeing this now and I would like to register for one of it.
Can @lincoffm pls respond to this thanks and direct on how to go about it.

lincoffm:
TOEFL & GRE STILL AVAILABLE !!!

NOTICE

This is to inform you all that now for every registration TOEFL & GRE a past Question with free reading material follows. That will enable y'all to prepare well for those test. Simply register and get the copies in .pdf format.

If I can make it then We can all make it too..

Regards,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by iamblisz(m): 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
Good evening all

With the situation in this country I think I really need to travel out of this country. I'm a graduate although no job yet but I have a business of my own which have helped me save some money, pls how do I go about it? Will student visa do? Or visiting visa? But who I'm i visiting sef?

I really don't know what to do, I have read some threads here but I don't know where to start from. Please someone help me out with the right threads for newbie like me
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by evelynne20: 9:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
Good evening everyone..... please, I need your opinion concerning this course which is English language and literature. I Was delayed twice last year cos d vo told me I cannot be a lecturer with this course. My problem is I have made research and av realized lecturing is also one of d careers under this course. I need your opinion and assistance as I will be going back to the embassy with this same course. Please please please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by platypelloid: 11:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
Thank you Sir @bigfrancis.
I'm seeing some column updated on my application page,like i20 form,Bank statement,and financial form for one year.
PLEASE. WHAT DOES THESE MEAN?
I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ACCEPTANCE E MAIL YET?WHAT DOES THESE MEAN??
THANKS.
[Qquote author=bigfrancis21 post=66121784]
It's a good sign. For him to reach out personally to you, it shows that they need students in that department and they are willing to offer you funding to motivate you to join the program. Your chances are at least 90%. Goodluck. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 11:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
I need someone with the gre materials link to help repost it.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
eso18:

Thank you very much for the response. The department is Plant Biology, Ecology and Evolution, College of Arts and Sciences. Will love to join the whatsapp group and African OSU page, is it on Facebook?

Cheers.
would get back to you ASAP for the facebook group (i would have to find out cos i don't have an account), as for the WhatsApp group you can reach out with your contact so you can be added to the group
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by eso18(f): 12:06am On Mar 26, 2018
Mandem101:
would get back to you ASAP for the facebook group (i would have to find out cos i don't have an account), as for the WhatsApp group you can reach out with your contact so you can be added to the group

Alright, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 26, 2018
eso18:

Alright, thanks.

FB: African Students Organization /Oklahoma state University (ASO/OSU)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by richiepolymer(m): 2:09am On Mar 26, 2018
Say 2 months. It may be less or more.

Pampaya009:
Happy � Sunday to you all.
Please I need an answer to this question.
How many days does it takes the WES evaluation to reach One's submitted address, if one uses a standard delivery services?

My documents had been sent to me from WES since March 14th and am yet to receive it.
How long am I supposed to wait?

Secondly, I need information about Florida State University and Florida polytechnic University. I want to know if FPU is a red flag⛳ and recommendations about the schools.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by martAKINOLA(m): 2:21am On Mar 26, 2018
For it to reach the location does not take more than 3 or 4 weeks
Sometimes longer, mine took very long last year

[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pampaya009(m): 5:22am On Mar 26, 2018
Thanks sir
richiepolymer:
Say 2 months. It may be less or more.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pampaya009(m): 5:24am On Mar 26, 2018
Okay. Thanks
But can I go check the post office or will I be contacted at soon as it reaches Nigeria?
martAKINOLA:
For it to reach the location does not take more than 3 or 4 weeks
Sometimes longer, mine took very long last year

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 7:57am On Mar 26, 2018
mzrollingstones:
Gd day FAM..please I am new here, my f1 visa was delayed in December 2017,school resumes in may 2018,can I change my sponsor to My Uncle with a robust bank statement before next interview,I already submitted my Ds 160 and booked appointment for April 2018

Hello.. I sent you a PM kindly revert.. lets talk.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2018
Am waiting for new magic the consular want to do today either on visa fee or exchange rate. Will the consular increase visa fee from $160 or exchange rate from #400 to $1? Will know today and I hope it will be justifiable.

If consular increase visa fee well that’s fee review by their government and i feel it should be applicable to all countries and not Nigeria only. But what I am assuming here is that they want to increase exchange rate and maybe decrease exchange rate if possible and decreasing should be a bonus for us oo. Lol. Lol. Lol. grin grin grin

If consular increase exchange rate from #400 to $1 above #410 to $1 then that’s extortion of the highest order in exchange rate even in forex market it’s not up to that since the exchange rate has been reviewed recently then increase in exchange rate only should not be more than 10% although I am be wrong but visa fee won’t be more than 70k today which is even too much as for me unless the visa fee increase from $160 and if they pegged it at $200 and exchange rate is still #400 to $1 it can’t be #100,000 at the end of the day.

I pray it won’t be much ooo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 8:48am On Mar 26, 2018
mzrollingstones:
Gd day FAM..please I am new here, my f1 visa was delayed in December 2017,school resumes in may 2018,can I change my sponsor to My Uncle with a robust bank statement before next interview,I already submitted my Ds 160 and booked appointment for April 2018

Yes you can as long as you can state and give resume why we sponsor and why your uncle have to sponsor you this time around.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 8:50am On Mar 26, 2018
Anyone here knows where I can get free host to live and connect a source code program via wampserver without viewing it from local host?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by pmax(m): 9:38am On Mar 26, 2018
My experience with the black American lady

My interview went this way,

Good morning ma'am
VO:good morning

Vo: wer are you going
Me: to the US for an undergraduate degree in Electrical engineering as a transfer student at the uni. Bridgeport.

VO: why Bridgeport
Me: because it has good recognition at the usnews.com
Bridgeport students do little of class work but spends more time at the lab with their hands on lab. Research practical and workshop trainings, wch is what I need at this level of my career to enable me contribute my quota in the current nation building and development.
UB is got well trained and experienced and lecturers and professors.

Vo: why US
Me:because it's educational system has good international recognition, and it's degrees is well accepted in any part of the world due to its cutting edge technologies.

Vo: it is said here that you have an OND and HND in Electrical Electronic Engineering.
Me: yes ma'am

VO: any test exams
Me: No

VO: courses ull be offering
Me: I listed

Vo: how many credit hours
Me: from start till graduation is 120,but ad a transfer student I'll be offering 40 credit hours

Vo: who's paying
Me: I mentioned I had 2 sponsors her face come change small.

Vo: wch is your major I mentioned
Me:my inlaw

Vo: what does he do
Me: I started explaining but at this stage she started cutting me short

Vo: and she said we don't have all day

Vo: at this point she was staring at me and asked which of this courses will help your career goal.
Me: micro processor programing

Vo: tell me about it
Me: started explaining nd she said never mind.

We staired at each other for seconds and she said I'm not well convinced and okay to grant you this visa.
I asked her my status and she said it's a temporary denial, I should reapply.

The sponsors issue was from my school, my in-law was first but he's statement added to the 11k USA scholarship was not enough. The needed an SOA with little fund to make up for the i20. I sent that of my in-law and the fund in it was too heavy they new trashed that of my uncle and showed only my in laws details on my i20. And my DS160 details was already containing my uncles details.

Now I will be going to the embassy come May cuz my school has sent me an new i20 form for fall 2018, I want to know
(1) does Uni. Bridgeport raise red flag
(2) should I write standardized test exam, if yes which will be better IELTS or tofel,
(3) I am 30 have been traditionally married but not legally married,because of dis I didn't include it on my previous DS160.

Pls to all the gurus I need your advice on what to do. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by anikemoses(m): 9:54am On Mar 26, 2018
pmax:
My experience with the black American lady

My interview went this way,

Good morning ma'am
VO:good morning

Vo: wer are you going
Me: to the US for an undergraduate degree in Electrical engineering as a transfer student at the uni. Bridgeport.

VO: why Bridgeport
Me: because it has good recognition at the usnews.com
Bridgeport students do little of class work but spends more time at the lab with their hands on lab. Research practical and workshop trainings, wch is what I need at this level of my career to enable me contribute my quota in the current nation building and development.
UB is got well trained and experienced and lecturers and professors.

Vo: why US
Me:because it's educational system has good international recognition, and it's degrees is well accepted in any part of the world due to its cutting edge technologies.

Vo: it is said here that you have an OND and HND in Electrical Electronic Engineering.
Me: yes ma'am

VO: any test exams
Me: No

VO: courses ull be offering
Me: I listed

Vo: how many credit hours
Me: from start till graduation is 120,but ad a transfer student I'll be offering 40 credit hours

Vo: who's paying
Me: I mentioned I had 2 sponsors her face come change small.

Vo: wch is your major I mentioned
Me:my inlaw

Vo: what does he do
Me: I started explaining but at this stage she started cutting me short

Vo: and she said we don't have all day

Vo: at this point she was staring at me and asked which of this courses will help your career goal.
Me: micro processor programing

Vo: tell me about it
Me: started explaining nd she said never mind.

We staired at each other for seconds and she said I'm not well convinced and okay to grant you this visa.
I asked her my status and she said it's a temporary denial, I should reapply.

The sponsors issue was from my school, my in-law was first but he's statement added to the 11k USA scholarship was not enough. The needed an SOA with little fund to make up for the i20. I sent that of my in-law and the fund in it was too heavy they new trashed that of my uncle and showed only my in laws details on my i20. And my DS160 details was already containing my uncles details.

Now I will be going to the embassy come May cuz my school has sent me an new i20 form for fall 2018, I want to know
(1) does Uni. Bridgeport raise red flag
(2) should I write standardized test exam, if yes which will be better IELTS or tofel,
(3) I am 30 have been traditionally married but not legally married,because of dis I didn't include it on my previous DS160.

Pls to all the gurus I need your advice on what to do. Thanks
why not just take your time to evaluate your OND and HND with WES and simply apply for a Master degree program and also take a standardized test America is not running,if u don’t plan well before coming,at a point u would wish u never came..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by elevatedmind: 10:24am On Mar 26, 2018

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.