Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,546 members, 7,843,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (926880 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2018
Walspring:

Lol. This should be network issue.

Since yesterday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 3:34pm On May 19, 2018
Ubah1:

Since yesterday

Start afresh by clicking new application and it should work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2018
Congrats bro...more of this on tgis platfotm. Plus how you cane about your monika sounds cool lol

learner007:
MY STORY IN FULL!!!

On the back of 5 visa denials (admitted into UBC, Canada and visa denied 3times due to insufficient funds, travel history etc plus Cleveland State University - admitted, no GRE, no funding, denied twice last year) I went to the embassy yesterday. Got there about 5:50am for a 7am appointment. After all the checking in, we got on the queue to be interviewed. Windows 1&2 were not available so we sha couple. A VO was speaking Yoruba to aged applicants, it was really funny grin. Lots of Babcock students were on the queue, all of dem just collecting white paper like kilode Every interviewee had 2 others lined up behind them. The CGI lady sha put me in between 2 queues wen i got to d front. As I tried going to the lady in window 4 in an attempt to avoid a man from interviewing me based on my previous experiences, the lady dragged me back to the guy in window 6. Na so I look up say God Na mercy I need. After he denied the person right in front of me, he beckoned on me. I was like Jesú Klisti ooooooo. Did you mean me or my ancestors grin grin Then the long interview started:

VO: Good mrng how are u?
Emi: i'm fine thank you sir and you
VO: Good, pass me your I-20 and passport
Emi: I did
VO: *typed For long and finally asked* what school are u attending in the USA
Emi: University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign IL
VO:What programme
Emi: Masters in teaching of mathematics
VO: what's your highest level of qualification and what year
Emi: BSC Ed maths...2011
VO: So what have you been doing after NYSC
Emi: Working as a maths teacher and tutor
VO: Did you apply to any other school?
Emi: Yes
VO: What are their names
Emi: UT ARLINGTON, YESHIVA, BGSU
VO:HOw many admitted you
Emi: All 4
VO: Why UIUC?
Emi: UIUC was an easy decision for me because they are very good at maths, the maths programme at UIUC is ranked among the top 20 BEST maths programmes in the USA and also I got a full ride
VO: Did u take any tests
Emi; Yes I did GRE AND TOEFL
VO: What are your scores and let me see ur score sheets
Emi: I responded and did as he requested
VO: What are the things expected of you as a TA
Emi: grading papers, leading small group discussions and stuff
VO: Do you have any back up funding plan
Emi: Yes, I have been saving up some cash for my dream since a long time and my mum is a strong backup?
VO: What does she do
Emi: She is into sales and supplies of building materials
VO; Are you married?
Emi: No
VO: Any kids?
Emi: Not at all
Have you traveled outside Nigeria before
Emi: No, I haven't had a reason to travel until now
VO: I will be approving your visa...two things, first pick up at the circled location and secondly, don't travel without your I-20 or else you are gonna find ursef in the next flight to Nigeria
Emi: I smiled, thanked him and left...I heard everything he said

I thought my interview was gonna be short, but no be so. The guy really drilled me, but I was not tensed at all. He had a super friendly ambience around him. I'm sure he picked few questions from previous denials..eg GRE. If you were on this thread last year, you probably read my denial transcripts under my old moniker 'sshola'. After those denials, I sat back and decided to write GRE and TOEFL and then gun for better schools UIUC and UTA. It really paid off big time. I also decided to be a learner, but a smart one like James Bond (007). Hence my name...learner007. I asked very dumb questions on this platform because I planned to ask my way to a visa approval and people really hit at me but I was trying to be cautious this time around, if u no go, u no know. I want to appreciate a lot of people here. For all visa hopefuls, may you find grace in time of need. My dream has finally come through!!!

Paulbets, walspring, Lagosismyhome, Femi321, Bigfrancis, Scholastica etc

My advice:
1. Dont always follow the path of least resistance, when you do the easy things, life becomes hard but when you do the hard things, things become easy

2.WHATEVER U ARE ASPIRING FOR, PURSUE DILIGENTLY AND DON'T GIVE UP....rest if you must, but DONT GIVE UP!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mjksho(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2018
Niv25:

Hello Ma,

that's not an excuse ma, as at that time there were lots of strikes in IMO state university. As a result of the free education policy for indigenes of IMO state. which the government was not able to fund well. even after the school strikes, came the absu strike that lasted for over six months which got me frustrated. I have to say the truth but maybe my choice of words might make it look like am giving excuse. pls help me with a better way I can present my profile. I will really appreciate your reply ma

I lost more than a year at Ife due to strikes but never went to the embassy to be saying stories. Look for a stronger reason as you have been advised. Do not go down this path.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2018
Bolisticbond026:
@Learner007 please kindly check your mail i just pm now need some clarification from you.

I replied you sir. Check your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 3:47pm On May 19, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Congrats bro...more of this on tgis platfotm. Plus how you cane about your monika sounds cool lol

Thanks bro...lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YemmyLeftee(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2018
Hello, I'm new here and I need an advice from you guys, please. I've been admitted into an institution in the US already, received my admission letter and other admission materials last two weeks via DHL. I paid my enrollment fee last week but I got a message from the school on Monday, May 14....that my I20 will be issued as soon as possible. It's been close to a week now and nothing has been heard from them. What should I do Should I message them to furnish me with the latest info or there's something that can be done

2. Can I proceed with my SEVIS payment while I wait for my I20 document
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 4:05pm On May 19, 2018
Walspring:

Start afresh by clicking new application and it should work

Doesnt work. Am not the only one experiencing this issue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2018
YemmyLeftee:
Hello, I'm new here and I need an advice from you guys, please. I've been admitted into an institution in the US already, received my admission letter and other admission materials last two weeks via DHL. I paid my enrollment fee last week but I got a message from the school on Monday, May 14....that my I20 will be issued as soon as possible. It's been close to a week now and nothing has been heard from them. What should I do Should I message them to furnish me with the latest info or there's something that can be done

This is absolutely impossible bro. It is on your I-20 that you will find your SEVIS ID and school code that u Will use to pay your SEVIS fee...What I will advise is that u ask dem to scan and send u a copy of the I-20 before shipping it to you. That was what I did. I had paid my sevis fee even before UPS delivered my I-20 down here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YemmyLeftee(m): 4:56pm On May 19, 2018
Thanks, bruv. Think that's what I'll do. How long did it take them to send you your I20 document Mine's gonna be a week on monday since I last heard from them about sending it. I feel it's taking too much time. What's expected of me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 19, 2018
Sorelee:
GGU is an unranked school that was a red flag to the VO. maybe if you had applied to a better school you would have had a better chance of approval

How about ANU?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 5:49pm On May 19, 2018
Ubah1:

Doesnt work. Am not the only one experiencing this issue

It is now that your eyes open because when I said network issue you said indirectly doubted it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 5:52pm On May 19, 2018
YemmyLeftee:

This is funny ooo.

How can school DHL just admission letter and other document without including your i20 first and later wanted to mail i20 separately.

I hope the person or the school is not on 3T drama?

If I may ask what’s the name of the school ?

If I am not wrong I feel it’s an agent that told you what you posted because it’s part of their dealings and ways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 5:54pm On May 19, 2018
YemmyLeftee:
Thanks, bruv. Think that's what I'll do. How long did it take them to send you your I20 document Mine's gonna be a week on monday since I last heard from them about sending it. I feel it's taking too much time. What's expected of me

The school suppose to send everything at once and not differently. This is damn funny
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 5:56pm On May 19, 2018
Walspring:

It is now that your eyes open because when I said network issue you said indirectly doubted it.

The option for previously refused just appeared recently. If i use regular, there are plenty dates to choose from. Am hoping its network issue but it started since yesterday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:04pm On May 19, 2018
Justwise again?

Tell me is it a crime to ask you why you deleted the post?

Is there any rules here which states that it is unlawful to ask a mod why she/he deletes a post?

Unfortunately you went ahead to delete my post asking why you deleted the previous post.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 7:07pm On May 19, 2018
Greetings to everyone here.

I am finally in after reading from the sidelines and commenting with my wife's moniker.

As a brief, I am a US bound MBA candidate that have been admitted into several programs in the last eighteen months.

Finally settled for one.

I'll be sharing my experiences and also seeking insights on how to scale through the Visa hurdle.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 7:22pm On May 19, 2018
Walspring:

This is funny ooo.

How can school DHL just admission letter and other document without including your i20 first and later wanted to mail i20 separately.

I hope the person or the school is not on 3T drama?

If I may ask what’s the name of the school ?

If I am not wrong I feel it’s an agent that told you what you posted because it’s part of their dealings and ways.

Some schools send the admission letter before sending the I-20 later. Others would ask you to save the admission decision on your application dashboard and send everything together later.

A lot could happen between admission notification and issuance of I-20. An example is wanting to fund part of your expenses with loan. The admission letter is required to apply for a loan while the loan will be listed on the I-20 as a source of funding.

Babson and D'Amore McKim School of Business mailed my admission packet before the I-20 while Wheatherhead and the UConn School of Business mailed both together.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 7:27pm On May 19, 2018
learner007:

On the back of 5 visa denials (admitted into UBC, Canada and visa denied 3times due to insufficient funds, travel history etc plus Cleveland State University - admitted, no GRE, no funding, denied twice last year)

WHATEVER U ARE ASPIRING FOR, PURSUE DILIGENTLY AND DON'T GIVE UP....rest if you must, but DONT GIVE UP!!!

5 denials! Wow. Congratulations! Your never-say-die spirit is refreshing. Enjoy your stay in Illinois. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YemmyLeftee(m): 8:13pm On May 19, 2018
After the application with school, they emailed me the admission letter and steps on how to pay the enrollment fee. Admission materials like "admission letter, transfer form, financial responsibility statement, intent to enroll form and application for SEVIS form I-20" were also sent to me via DHL. I had paid the enrollment fee already, filled and scanned back the SEVIS form I-20 to them. Then, the next message sent to me was that they will send my I-20 as soon as possible.

Someone already advised me to mail the school to scan the document to me first because of my SEVIS ID and school code......so, I can proceed with the SEVIS fee.

I just wanna know how long it's gonna take them to send it. That's all!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 19, 2018
learner007:
MY STORY IN FULL!!!

On the back of 5 visa denials (admitted into UBC, Canada and visa denied 3times due to insufficient funds, travel history etc plus Cleveland State University - admitted, no GRE, no funding, denied twice last year) I went to the embassy yesterday. Got there about 5:50am for a 7am appointment. After all the checking in, we got on the queue to be interviewed. Windows 1&2 were not available so we sha couple. A VO was speaking Yoruba to aged applicants, it was really funny grin. Lots of Babcock students were on the queue, all of dem just collecting white paper like kilode Every interviewee had 2 others lined up behind them. The CGI lady sha put me in between 2 queues wen i got to d front. As I tried going to the lady in window 4 in an attempt to avoid a man from interviewing me based on my previous experiences, the lady dragged me back to the guy in window 6. Na so I look up say God Na mercy I need. After he denied the person right in front of me, he beckoned on me. I was like Jesú Klisti ooooooo. Did you mean me or my ancestors grin grin Then the long interview started:

Emi: UIUC was an easy decision for me because they are very good at maths, the maths programme at UIUC is ranked among the top 20 BEST maths programmes in the USA and also I got a full ride
Emi: Yes, I have been saving up some cash for my dream since a long time and my mum is a strong backup?
VO; Are you married?
VO: I will be approving your visa...two things, first pick up at the circled location and secondly, don't travel without your I-20 or else you are gonna find ursef in the next flight to Nigeria

I thought my interview was gonna be short, but no be so. The guy really drilled me, but I was not tensed at all. He had a super friendly ambience around him. I'm sure he picked few questions from previous denials..eg GRE. If you were on this thread last year, you probably read my denial transcripts under my old moniker 'sshola'. After those denials, I sat back and decided to write GRE and TOEFL and then gun for better schools UIUC and UTA. It really paid off big time. I also decided to be a learner, but a smart one like James Bond (007). Hence my name...learner007. I asked very dumb questions on this platform because I planned to ask my way to a visa approval and people really hit at me but I was trying to be cautious this time around, if u no go, u no know. I want to appreciate a lot of people here. For all visa hopefuls, may you find grace in time of need. My dream has finally come through!!!

My advice:
1. Dont always follow the path of least resistance, when you do the easy things, life becomes hard but when you do the hard things, things become easy

2.WHATEVER U ARE ASPIRING FOR, PURSUE DILIGENTLY AND DON'T GIVE UP....rest if you must, but DONT GIVE UP!!!

Guy, u strong die. This is a story of very strong determination in life. It teaches us to be very determined and pursue our whatever dreams in life (not talking about only getting visa)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 8:29pm On May 19, 2018
TravelDrim:

Guy, u strong die. This is a story of very strong determination in life. It teaches us to be very determined and pursue our whatever dreams in life (not talking about only getting visa)

Bros, u see me finish...lolz. Thank you sir. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 9:06pm On May 19, 2018
theamerican:

This is the attention you asked for, I'll give it to you one last time. Having differing opinions doesn't make people enemies lol. You went ahead to stalk a thread I created for healthy debates. It's not that serious. Read all my posts here again with an open mind, maybe you'll get it.

Applying to an unranked/unpopular school DOESN'T IMPLY a denied visa. Yes, I said it. For example, I see a transcript and the sentence is "I'm going to University of Greyjoy in Hawaii to study 21st century Anthropology". I know absolutely nothing about the school, I've never been to or know anything about Hawaii or have any knowledge of the course. What do I say to myself? "you have 2 minutes to convince me why you deserve this visa". I can easily say "stupid school, stupid course, who goes to Hawaii of all states in the U.S.?" but I choose not to. Point out the crime in that.

Whether you have a scholarship/graduate assistantship, score 340 on your GRE or whatever, the prejudice is already in the mind of the VO; immigrant intent. Everyone deserves a chance to make a case for themself. If that concept is too hard to comprehend, I don't know what else to say. You can argue that your chance is boosted with high scores on standardized tests, multiple admission offers/scholarships, etc., that's good.

I frown upon close-mindedness, and that's my nature. At the end of the day, I'm not a VO, and all I give is an opinion (and I add the disclaimer many times that it's an opinion, your choice to follow my advice).

One person could be looking for graduate admission with funding to study Computer Science so he can stay back after school and live in the U.S., another one could just be here because their father is looking for a way to send them abroad (it's not his business where he studies, just wants foreign education and exposure), fund their education for them to come back and take over his company, later.

I repeat, different opinions on a matter don't make me keep a grudge and make enemies. I'm quickly the first to say "I'm sorry, I got that wrong" when someone points me in the right direction. I learn everyday.

Now, calm down. It's not so serious, posting opinions on Nairaland isn't a job for me or most people here. As soon as we log out, that's that.
Chop kiss mwuahh!!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Patrick2go: 9:08pm On May 19, 2018
learner007:
MY STORY IN FULL!!!

VO; Are you married?

My advice:

sunshineluv5:
Chop kiss mwuahh!!

@learner007 congrats....i just mailed you as well.
Expecting to read from you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by John123john: 9:22pm On May 19, 2018
Hi there! This summer I was going to visit the USA, for my tourist purposes. I heard that in some states, not all, marijuana is legalized. Is it so? If so, how much can I buy?
I also heard that they can get a medical license there, so that you can use cannabis, without any consequences. The police will not be able to detain you when you bring her up.
Can someone tell me more about this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 9:27pm On May 19, 2018
John123john:
Hi there! This summer I was going to visit the USA, for my tourist purposes. I heard that in some states, not all, marijuana is legalized. Is it so? If so, how much can I buy?
I also heard that they can get a medical license there, so that you can use cannabis, without any consequences. The police will not be able to detain you when you bring her up.
Can someone tell me more about this?

Lmfao!!!!!!!!! This cracked me up so bad I'm replying because it's funny. Read about Colorado. Don't come and derail our thread ooo, biko. Lmao. Go to visiting visa page. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 9:29pm On May 19, 2018
theamerican:

This is the attention you asked for, I'll give it to you one last time. Having differing opinions doesn't make people enemies lol. You went ahead to stalk a thread I created for healthy debates. It's not that serious. Read all my posts here again with an open mind, maybe you'll get it.

Applying to an unranked/unpopular school DOESN'T IMPLY a denied visa. Yes, I said it. For example, I see a transcript and the sentence is "I'm going to University of Greyjoy in Hawaii to study 21st century Anthropology". I know absolutely nothing about the school, I've never been to or know anything about Hawaii or have any knowledge of the course. What do I say to myself? "you have 2 minutes to convince me why you deserve this visa". I can easily say "stupid school, stupid course, who goes to Hawaii of all states in the U.S.?" but I choose not to. Point out the crime in that.

Whether you have a scholarship/graduate assistantship, score 340 on your GRE or whatever, the prejudice is already in the mind of the VO; immigrant intent. Everyone deserves a chance to make a case for themself. If that concept is too hard to comprehend, I don't know what else to say. You can argue that your chance is boosted with high scores on standardized tests, multiple admission offers/scholarships, etc., that's good.

I frown upon close-mindedness, and that's my nature. At the end of the day, I'm not a VO, and all I give is an opinion (and I add the disclaimer many times that it's an opinion, your choice to follow my advice).

One person could be looking for graduate admission with funding to study Computer Science so he can stay back after school and live in the U.S., another one could just be here because their father is looking for a way to send them abroad (it's not his business where he studies, just wants foreign education and exposure), fund their education for them to come back and take over his company, later.

I repeat, different opinions on a matter don't make me keep a grudge and make enemies. I'm quickly the first to say "I'm sorry, I got that wrong" when someone points me in the right direction. I learn everyday.

Now, calm down. It's not so serious, posting opinions on Nairaland isn't a job for me or most people here. As soon as we log out, that's that.
pls

pls theamerican reply my post.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 9:57pm On May 19, 2018
Niv25:
pls

pls theamerican reply my post.

Which one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by myright: 10:03pm On May 19, 2018
Which bank statement is most acceptable by the school/embassy; company account or personal account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (514)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.