Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (921250 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2018
john9912:

Bro when you started filling the form did you see anything by the left side of the screen like earliest available date July **.

Yes if you choose regular. You will get that and possible available dates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ayopaul84(m): 11:26am On May 26, 2018
Anyone with any useful info on this pls!.
Thanks.

ayopaul84:
Hi guys,

I just discovered i have issue on my hands now.

My middle name does not appear on my Visa Application profile and consequently on my appointment confirmation too. There was actually no space for Middle name. I, however just got to know that i should have included it in the space provided for first name.

I can't edit this any longer. Pls does anyone know what else i can do
Or has this happened to anyone before?

Pls i need response asap.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by charlyduru: 11:35am On May 26, 2018
Good day everyone, please does anyone know where one can do a university level linear algebra and calculus as a friend who is not from a management background wants to go for a management masters degree ?
Perhaps online preferably
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 11:37am On May 26, 2018
So long your middle name is on your DS160 confirmation your alright.

And your passport number on your Application confirmation page is correct, thats okay.Mine is the same. No middle name om my Visa Appointment page.

ayopaul84:
Anyone with any useful info on this pls!.
Thanks.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dubaiboy1: 11:39am On May 26, 2018
yuscodguy:

I will advice you to do your degree in Dubai and then further for your masters in the US because it will be hard to convince the Vo when asked this question what have you been doing since 2007?
That's my suggestion.

Thank you for the suggestion .. Degree in the UAE is very costly but thank you for responding to my cry for help , I truly appreciate .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ayopaul84(m): 12:00pm On May 26, 2018
Thanks.
But have you gone for the interview? I'm just being careful. Don't wanna keave anything to chance.

NiklausAkins:
So long your middle name is on your DS160 confirmation your alright.

And your passport number on your Application confirmation page is correct, thats okay.Mine is the same. No middle name om my Visa Appointment page.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 12:42pm On May 26, 2018
Deboadekoya93:

Good morning! I have been trying to schedule an appointment, while attempting to comeplete the DS160, an error message keeps popping up session timed out? Anyone also experiencing this too?

Regards.
I'm still a novice in this stuff, you can ask the gurus in the house �.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dubaiboy1: 12:44pm On May 26, 2018
Come on guys .. Please help a brother .. I need ideas/advise .

What can I do with an O'level result from 2007 without any further certificate . I want to apply for an undergraduate degree .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Geedhey(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2018
please can i get help with pickup for i-20 letter (TAMUK)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 26, 2018
charlyduru:
Good day everyone, please does anyone know where one can do a university level linear algebra and calculus as a friend who is not from a management background wants to go for a management masters degree ?
Perhaps online preferably

Most universities have online extension classes. Check University of California Berkeley Extension, UCLA Extension, UC Santa Clara Extension, Foothill College and co.

Tuition is normally over $200 per credit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 2:32pm On May 26, 2018
ayopaul84:
Thanks.
But have you gone for the interview? I'm just being careful. Don't wanna keave anything to chance.

No fear sir, the DS 160 page has a space each for SURNAME and GIVEN NAMES

But the visa application page has for just SURNAME and FIRST
NAME, so it doesn't contain your middle name. Your DS160 will show all ur names while the visa application page will show just ur surname and first name only. It is no issue at all sir...smiles
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2018
dubaiboy1:

What can I do with an O'level result from 2007 without any further certificate . I want to apply for an undergraduate degree .

Your surest option is to start by using it to get into school in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ayopaul84(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2018
learner007:

No fear sir, the DS 160 page has a space each for SURNAME and GIVEN NAMES

But the visa application page has for just SURNAME and FIRST
NAME, so it doesn't contain your middle name. Your DS160 will show all ur names while the visa application page will show just ur surname and first name only. It is no issue at all sir...smiles

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 3:28pm On May 26, 2018
Good afternoon everyone. Please I need advise,

I gained admission into Morehouse college, and I've done everything necessary and also scheduled an appointment with the Lagos embassy. The only thing is my school used FedEx to mail my i-20 since 2 weeks ago and I've not received it. But I have a PDF copy the DSO signed and m sent to my email. Can I print that out in case FedEx doesn't deliver in time?

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 3:35pm On May 26, 2018
whyqueu:
Theamerican please say something !!!

My proposed Transcript !

Please I seriously need your views about this and I will appreciate if you can look deep into this Transcript .

VO : Why did you choose Tarleton state university

Me : I choose Tarleton state university because of two professors , Professor Bradt Poe and Professor Ted ford. Professor Bradt Poe does research on Plant Breeding and Seed Technology for vast 25 years and he has worked on various crops like Vigna uniguiculata, seseme seed, weed seed , chocorus olitorus, amaratus and many others corps and Professor Ted ford reaserch on seed cytogenesis, Agricultural Extension, Heterosis ,plant tissue culture and many more and I was fastinated about there works and they offered me a research work on a particular project which is "Variability and use of multiple seed viqour indices to predict field emergency and potential longevity in crops like seseme, vigna ungiculata and zea mays . which is value for money .

VO :Why do you want masters degree/why this course / why Agricultural science and extension education ?

Me : Its inline with my career goals which has always been to do research, write journal and to become a university professor and a masters in Agricultural science and extension education with a concentration in Plant Breeding is a requirement to pick up a lecturing job at my alma mata and also give me the opportunity to become a consultant where I can give extensional services to agricultural company .

Vo:How did you hear about Tarleton state university?

Me: I knew about Tarleton state university when I attended our annual international agricultural conference at Zanzibar in Tanzania last June , where professor Bradt Poe from Tarleton state university was our guest speaker and he spoke about Plant breeding and seed technology and I was really fascinated about it and how huge it will benefit my career. Professor Bradt Poe has massive experience in Plant breeding for good 25 years and still counting and I knew its worth spending millions of naira to study .

Vo:How many school did I apply to ?

Me : I apply to 5 and I got admission in all

Tarleton state university
Murray state university
Southern Illinois university
University of Liverpool
University of hoheheim

Vo :What do you do ?

Me : I work with International institute of Tropical Agriculture. IITA as an assistant plant and soil scientists

Describe your Job :

I evaluate and interpret plans and soil for agricultural production, environmental quality, food security and many others . which is done on the field and in the lab ..where we collect soil/plant sample ,analyse, record to agricultural consultant etc.

kindly help me
proof read the amazing analyst here

cc

theamerican
our mummy lagosismyhome
twoods
walspring

any other guys are all welcome ..
God bless you all...one love

I wish you luck in your interview. You've got a nice transcript. Please help me get work for IITA boss. I've always loved to work there because I learnt they pay well and even in dollars. I studied computer science though. How can you be of help ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fan01(m): 3:35pm On May 26, 2018
Nope, it is not accepted.
You should ask your school to send the I-20 again, you probably need to pay for the shipping again.

adedoja99:
Good afternoon everyone. Please I need advise,

I gained admission into Morehouse college, and I've done everything necessary and also scheduled an appointment with the Lagos embassy. The only thing is my school used FedEx to mail my i-20 since 2 weeks ago and I've not received it. But I have a PDF copy the DSO signed and m sent to my email. Can I print that out in case FedEx doesn't deliver in time?

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 4:32pm On May 26, 2018
Ubah1:

When was the person's last date of application (check appointment history)? And what new date was the person trying to choose...then by calculation the picture can be clear. I have been asked questions about this but it is not clear yet how to advise people on this new law.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ImpactLife: 5:21pm On May 26, 2018
Good day members of this group. I got a full phd funding and will be appearing with my wife (F2) at the embassy very soon. We've have been preparing and getting ready for the visa interview. However, i want to ask a question, what if my wife is asked about what she will be doing over there, since she will not have a permission to work, what do you think is the best response to that question?

Please, kindly help me give right and suggestive answers to the question.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2018
bigwizzy001:

I wish you luck in your interview. You've got a nice transcript. Please help me get work for IITA boss. I've always loved to work there because I learnt they pay well and even in dollars. I studied computer science though. How can you be of help ?

Thank you bigwizzy001 , well as regards IITA ..Its only if you know person and the right person will link you up to the person that will give
you the job !! I have always said nothing is impossible ! But you can submit your CV to the HR .

Lastly, Computer science ? Hmmmm , I don't know ooo!

Note: Ignore my grammatic blunder thou !

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by charlyduru: 5:39pm On May 26, 2018
Chidinho10:

Most universities have online extension classes. Check University of California Berkeley Extension, UCLA Extension, UC Santa Clara Extension, Foothill College and co.

Tuition is normally over $200 per credit

We are actually looking at free classes where we get soft copy certificate now then we pay to order the hard copy when ready
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2018
ImpactLife:
Good day members of this group. I got a full phd funding and will be appearing with my wife (F2) at the embassy very soon. We've have been preparing and getting ready for the visa interview. However, i want to ask a question, what if my wife is asked about what she will be doing over there, since she will not have a permission to work, what do you think is the best response to that question?

Please, kindly help me give right and suggestive answers to the question.

Thank you.

This is another reason why it would have been perfect if she goes for her F2 interview by the middle of your first semester. As it is right now, she only going with you to keep you company. You will need a good source of personal funding for her up keeping except you got a very huge funding that can go around 2 people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dubaiboy1: 6:02pm On May 26, 2018
imperiouxx:

Your surest option is to start by using it to get into school in Nigeria.

Thank you ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hilaryxoxo(f): 6:05pm On May 26, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 6:11pm On May 26, 2018
dubaiboy1:

You can do a lot with it... the problem is whether you think you must do that in the US. You can come back home and apply for a degree in Nigeria. It's cheaper, requires no visa and makes more sense when you then decide to apply for a visa to do a masters program in the US.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungTesla: 6:53pm On May 26, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungTesla: 6:54pm On May 26, 2018
yuscodguy:

In my own view i think the best option is to go with both so far they both carry your father's name
Ok, thanks for your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 26, 2018
charlyduru:

We are actually looking at free classes where we get soft copy certificate now then we pay to order the hard copy when ready

I doubt if universities accept certificates for that. Its safer to get an academically graded transcript for that and those are offered by the extension schools I earlier mentioned
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 26, 2018
hilaryxoxo:
@Chindinho10, I got this and my mind went straight to you with the program you're about to take. You may want to check it out or start networking with the guys for after you graduate. It's in J.P.M in NY.

Economic Research – Macroeconomic Data Scientist – Analyst/Associate http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/632572480

Thanks dear!
I really appreciate this. Will act ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Humble11: 8:13pm On May 26, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nwendujudy: 8:23pm On May 26, 2018
Hello house.

Greetings.

Please I want to know,when we talk about top schools in the USA for the purpose of visa application,do we also consider this in relation to the proposed course of study and the school ranking for that particular course or just the overall academic ranking of the entire school?

For instance,I have come across some top environmental law schools and when I also checked the list of top law schools in the USA,some schools that made the first 5 on the environmental law list made the 60th plus position on the list of top law school list. Biko for the purpose of visa application,should I go for top school or the one at the top when it comes to my course of study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 8:37pm On May 26, 2018
nwendujudy:
Hello house.

Greetings.

Please I want to know,when we talk about top schools in the USA for the purpose of visa application,do we also consider this in relation to the proposed course of study and the school ranking for that particular course or just the overall academic ranking of the entire school?

For instance,I have come across some top environmental law schools and when I also checked the list of top law schools in the USA,some schools that made the first 5 on the environmental law list made the 60th plus position on the list of top law school list. Biko for the purpose of visa application,should I go for top school or the one at the top when it comes to my course of study?

Top schools in overall rating are the best but if you don't have profile for top schools, go for the average ones, also try and get funding too

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.