Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (934232 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:05am On Jul 03, 2018
@ Jerrevie, Nrosemary, Mathano, Fan01, DeFavoured60, livvyBee, Northeastern, mcafeez and K234

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:05am On Jul 03, 2018
winterstorm:
Olalekank:
Who noticed Chidinho10 has deactivated his account?

Is that a goodbye from nairaland?

The guy don try nau...he helped many on here.
My best guess is that he is try to be careful and frankly we all should be at this time.

grin grin

I joined this thread 1 week before Mar 17, 2011 and since then I've attacked or been attacked, insulted or traded insults. I've been yelled on and verbally abused but the good thing is, Thank you (when there was no 'like' button on NL), Prayers, Celebrating visa with newcomers..... those are uncountable and don't stop.

I've helped with advise, helped physically and helped the unknowns financially. I've helped the helpers. The first generation of GRE materials floating here was started by me. I would directly send them to people's email. But later, because of copyright laws they were compiled into gmail source (selfstudy360@gmail.com) by webstradamus.

Still, I continue to find a way to this thread.

So, deactivating your account because you're pissed at some people, to me makes no sense.

24 Likes

justwise:

This reminds me of a nairalander who was living off stolen credit card while boasting how he is an IT consultant and all bs, his 'unsuspecting' gf who is also a nairalander was living like a daughter of a dead millionaire thanks to stolen credit card 'not knowing' that her bf is a crook but as in everything like this..shiit will always hit fan, websites, her school and other businesses she bought and paid for stuff using the card details got contacted when victims reported the crime. The poor girl has to start paying back and had an epic public bust up with her bf here in nairaland

I bet you mean this: grin cheesy grin

[img]https:///media/7-03-2018/XQ2pne.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:28am On Jul 03, 2018
FA13:

What a contribution too! I didn't really think of asking for a feedback from the admission office though Michigan said something like

'Despite your great academic potential demonstrated in your application, we are forced to make this difficult decision to meet our capacity to educate and train students in our program while experiencing an unprecedentedly large number of applications to our graduate program. We feel sorry that such a competitive admission process prohibits us from accepting many highly qualified applicants to our program. '

By the way, Congrats on your Harvard admission. May I ask what your discipline is?

If you ask them, they will get your application and tell you the reasons you were denied. PA and Medical schools do have lots of reapplicants. After telling you, you can then work towards that in the next cycle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fan01(m): 5:45am On Jul 03, 2018
Congratulations!!!

K234:

V.O: Okay Madam, I will be issuing you your visa....

(I leaned closer to hear her very well in case my mind was playing some tricks)

V.O: pick up your passport in 3-4 working days at the circled location on this paper...have a lovely day

Me: (smiling sheepishly) Thank you. Have a nice day.

For those who are yet to go for their interview, I wish you success. We shall all celebrate. Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justine94(m): 6:14am On Jul 03, 2018
please house I am applying for undergraduate studies the school I applied for is asking for high school transcript evaluation via Wes please which transcript in particular are they talking about is it waec transcript or all my senior secondary school transcript results am kinda confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:42am On Jul 03, 2018
lasthero:

Abeg, I would like to ask, as you're the last hero, do you use cape or not?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 7:04am On Jul 03, 2018
JanetDoe:
I'm new to nairaland but I've been following this thread on and off for about a year now and I'm sure the information I've been able to gather so far will be invaluable. I'm finally ready to begin my admission journey and I'd like some "personalized" advice, if you will.Here's my profile:
First degree: Pharmacy; 3.44/4
TOEFL: 112
GRE: 319 (Verbal: 166, Quant: 153, AW: 4)
What are my chances of getting into a good to decent school in the US for a Master's degree degree in Pharmacology or a related course with full funding? The funding aspect is critical as I'm currently making peanuts doing my youth service and my family can't really afford to sponsor an MSc abroad. Would I be better off (with regards to funding) pursuing a direct entry PhD? I'd prefer the MSc because of the 2 year exit option if I decide academia isn't for me, but I'm open to either.
Also, I'm considering retaking the GRE. Would my prospects be appreciably improved with a higher GRE score (Especially in the quantitative and AW sections)?
Lastly, I'm finding the prospect of wading through dozens of American schools rather daunting and I'd appreciate any school suggestions anyone might have to facilitate things, as well as any tips on how to whittle down the selection.
I really appreciate the work all the experienced posters have been putting in here to help us clueless newbies, lol. Thanks for all the help.

MS in Pharmacology should be easy to get into but the PhD is very competitive and they favor Americans more. They look at your grad research work strongly, GRE (you should be fine), GPA (you have it) and good recommendations from your previous research supervisors. Pharmacology is mainly research and it's different from Pharmacy but you would be fine. Use gradschools.com This is the course I was applying for for PhD before stepping hard on that brake pedal and take the PA lane grin

cc femi312
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 7:14am On Jul 03, 2018
justine94:
please house I am applying for undergraduate studies the school I applied for is asking for high school transcript evaluation via Wes please which transcript in particular are they talking about is it waec transcript or all my senior secondary school transcript results am kinda confused

Like WAEC and co
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 7:23am On Jul 03, 2018
Jola17:
Pls guys is it possible to apply for biomedical engineering for masters degree having studied biochemistry for my undergraduate degree

Yep. Depending on the focus of the program, a biochemistry student can go for ms biomed engr. You may have to take lots of molecular cloning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mujeebat: 7:40am On Jul 03, 2018
Good morning Bosses in the house,

Please kindly assist me with advices on this profile

Cgpa.. 3.96/5 to give 3.4/4
TOEFL.. 89
Gre.....287
Bsc. Chemistry
With the above, Pls can I get a school to offer me funding or full scholarship to pursue my postgraduate.(in chemistry, Msc or PhD) . If yes, kindly suggest to me the schs I could try to apply to with the above.

Also, those anyone knows about Nursing program in the US, please kindly assist me with schools I could apply to for a Bsc degree that has funding for students too.
Thank you for your time and support.. God bless you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justine94(m): 7:41am On Jul 03, 2018
banji001:

Like WAEC and co
please can you be More specific by what you mean by waec and co thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 7:57am On Jul 03, 2018
justine94:
please can you be More specific by what you mean by waec and co thank you

Which high school certificate do you have ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Predstan: 8:19am On Jul 03, 2018
Predstan:
Good afternoon gurus in the house.
I wrote my GRE test today and I got an abysmal score and its so painful because it means I wasted 3month on preparing for this test
Well, I realised I was just blindfolded by my test score on Magoosh and powerprep which made me reduce my reading habit in the last two weeks of preparation.
My unofficial score is 303 (Q157 and V146) but I sent the score to some schools and I want you to help scrutinize my profile.
GRE-303
HND-WES OFFICIAL EVALUATION (3.59)
Course of Study-Electrical Engineering
RECOMMENDATIONS- 2 Doctors and 1 Mr.
I don't have any publication and infact my project was a research which is not related to what I want to study (investigation on the interpretation of energy saving lamps in residential houses in Lagos State) so I don't know if I can actually mention this to any professor.
I sent my scores to these four schools
Florida state University- hoping to apply for direct PHD and their GRE requirement is 145 in verbal and 151 in Quant
North Dakota state University- PHD in Electrical engineering. A professor from there have a PhD position with full funding and I will be mailing him today or tomorrow
Rochester Institute of technology-Masters Application
Georgia Southern university- Masters in Applied Engineering

Please give me an advice. I am thinking of taking that test again in 21days. The only practice I need to do more is RC. That thing get as e be ooooo

#Imperioxx
#Lagosismyhome

Can you please say something about my profile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 8:25am On Jul 03, 2018
Hello! Who is going to help me with my proposed transcript? Am ready to give cash. A token though. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justine94(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2018
banji001:

Which high school certificate do you have ?
waec na or is there any other high school certificate apart from waec
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2018
imperiouxx:

grin grin

I joined this thread 1 week before Mar 17, 2011 and since then I've attacked or been attacked, insulted or traded insults. I've been yelled on and verbally abused but the good thing is, Thank you (when there was no 'like' button on NL), Prayers, Celebrating visa with newcomers..... those are uncountable and don't stop.

I've helped with advise, helped physically and helped the unknowns financially. I've helped the helpers. The first generation of GRE materials floating here was started by me. I would directly send them to people's email. But later, because of copyright laws they were compiled into gmail source (selfstudy360@gmail.com) by webstradamus.

Still, I continue to find a way to this thread.

So, deactivating your account because you're pissed at some people, to me makes no sense.

Nice one Well Said
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 03, 2018
StarBoy54:
Hello! Who is going to help me with my proposed transcript? Am ready to give cash. A token though. Thanks.
Starboy or Wizkid, this place is not showbiz. This is a sane e-community with people who have conscience. You willing to pay money for your proposed transcript review is no guarantee that visa will be approved. You better edit your post and don't spoil this e-community for us.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 8:47am On Jul 03, 2018
justine94:
waec na or is there any other high school certificate apart from waec

Bro, go to your high school and meet the principal tell him/her you need your high school transcript to be mail to wes.
High school transcript is normally 3years backward (ss1-ss3).
If you happen to attend a private school it will be easier buh you will spend some cash sha. Buh if na public school. Hmm. You will be fine too.

You can pm if you need more help sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 8:49am On Jul 03, 2018
Congrats man
K234:
Hello guys...I started following this thread sometime last month. I read every visa interview transcript (both approved and delayed) from Part 11, 12 and 13. Nairaland almost became my Bible..

I want to thank everyone for their contribution so far, I"m glad I stumbled on this thread because it really prepared me for my interview.

My visa was approved yesterday at the U.S consulate, Walter Carrington.

I actually applaud those who give very detailed transcripts starting from how they dressed up that day till the moment they heard the V.O's final decision.
Unfortunately, I have a one-track mind especially on serious occasions, and it would amaze you to know that I hardly took notice of anything that was going on around me. What was on my mind was how to get the V O to say those magic words to me...I was so consumed by the thought that I did not even take notice of the window number (the face of the V.O is still in my memory though, for obvious reasons grin).
Now that I think of it, there is a possibility I was interviewed by the infamous black woman.

Here is my transcript...

Me: Good morning

V.O: Good morning, please pass your passport and I-20

(she typed for what seemed like eternity, raised her head and looked me straight in the eyes)

V.O: why do you want to concentrate on epidemiology?

Me: (smiling) i have always been passionate about epidemiology since the Ebola outbreak that happened in Nigeria in 2013. I felt that the epidemic exposed the weaknesses of the Nigerian Health sector; and it was my curiosity and concern as to how things could've been done differently that led me to begin to explore the field of public health

V.O: that"s good. So how many schools did u apply to?

Me: 6 schools

V.O: why did u choose this particular school?

Me: I chose Texas A&M because they are actively conducting research that are geared towards tackling health problems in rural populations which closely aligns with my career goal when I return to Nigeria. I want to be able to improve the health of rural populations and low-income populations in Nigeria..most people do not have access to proper health care system and there is also the issue of health disparity especially amongst low income groups...
(she started nodding her head and typing)

Me: I also like the fact that they have a diverse student body and and inclusive, friendly community...

V.O: what is your highest level of education?

Me: I have a BSc. in microbiology

V.O: what year?

(I thought I heard "where?" so I mentioned the name of my alma mater and she repeated herself)

V.O: what year?

Me: oh... 2016

V.O: mention some courses you will be taking in your program that will help you in your career?

Me: I will be taking courses like introduction to epidemiology, biostatistics 1, data management and computing, introduction to health policy

V.O: did you take any tests?

Me: yes, i took the GRE and the TOEFL

V.O: Can I see your score report?

(I passed her my GRE Score report, she took a good look at it and passed it back to me).

V.O: so who is your sponsor?

Me: my mum

V.O: what does she do?

Me: She works with Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation

V.O: what does she do there?

Me: she is a classroom teacher in the NNPC staff school.

(she started squeezing her face and said sternly...

V.O: do you have an official bank statement showing her name?

Me: Yes

(I passed it to her, she went through it and passed it back)

V.O: Okay Madam, I will be issuing you your visa....

(I leaned closer to hear her very well in case my mind was playing some tricks)

V.O: pick up your passport in 3-4 working days at the circled location on this paper...have a lovely day

Me: (smiling sheepishly) Thank you. Have a nice day.

For those who are yet to go for their interview, I wish you success. We shall all celebrate. Cheers!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Fan01(m): 8:55am On Jul 03, 2018
Good morning!

Your CGPA is good. But I "think" your GRE score of not too competitive, I maybe wrong. I will advise you write again as you still have the time.

For chemistry majors there are plethora of fully funded opportunities, my friend use to say "chemistry student are just too lucky" and that's true.

We can't suggest any school to you, you should do that research yourself. Like use USnews, gradcafe etc do this things yourself.

mujeebat:
Good morning Bosses in the house,

Please kindly assist me with advices on this profile

Cgpa.. 3.96/5 to give 3.4/4
TOEFL.. 89
Gre.....287
Bsc. Chemistry
With the above, Pls can I get a school to offer me funding or full scholarship to pursue my postgraduate.(in chemistry, Msc or PhD) . If yes, kindly suggest to me the schs I could try to apply to with the above.

Also, those anyone knows about Nursing program in the US, please kindly assist me with schools I could apply to for a Bsc degree that has funding for students too.
Thank you for your time and support...d bless you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 9:24am On Jul 03, 2018
kekenation:
Try GTB internet Banking option
hello i have paid but how do i get the reciept number? I used the internet banking option
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gbemmy120: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Hahahahahaha "fat frog" my stomach oooo

God help us with that woman. She's got no chill at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2018
Hello all! I am in the process of filling my DS160 form. I am open to any location for my visa interview. However, I would prefer Lagos and a date before 24th July using the expedite/quick appointment option if it will be possible because I am applying for the first time.
My question: must I click Lagos consulate in the drop down menu when starting a new ds160 and generating a code? I am asking because I am afraid that I might not be able to choose Abuja dates when booking appointment if I decided to opt for that location due to possibility of not getting my Lagos desired date.
If I were to book an appointment for Abuja, must I start with Abuja embassy from the beginning of the DS160 code generation or is it that the location you choose prior to checking for Available dates on the visa appointment page does not affect your ability to navigate the site and view available dates in Lagos consulate and Abuja embassy?
Thanks as I anticipate your timely response...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jandedfelloh: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2018
StarBoy54:
hello i have paid but how do i get the reciept number? I used the internet banking option

login into your Internet banking through the website. under visa and tourist. click on us visa. before clicking on make new payment. look closely on the table below. U ll see a record of your recent payment with a "print button ". click on it and it ll generate a pdf.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FA13(m): 9:37am On Jul 03, 2018
imperiouxx:

If you ask them, they will get your application and tell you the reasons you were denied. PA and Medical schools do have lots of reapplicants. After telling you, you can then work towards that in the next cycle.

Thanks. I have contacted two (2) of them. Both responded saying almost the same thing. This is Michigan's reply to my enquiry:

Although you are a high achieving student, there were various conditions, out of your control, that unavoidably affected our admission decision. Regrettably, there was not a match between your experience/skills and our faculty's needs at this time. In addition, there was limited funding available for our faculty's research programs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Micheal3727: 9:41am On Jul 03, 2018
justine94:

Your hi school transcript go to your high school and request for your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justine94(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2018
Micheal3727:

Your hi school transcript go to your high school and request for your transcript
please I need a breakdown of Wes payment I don't seem to understand the one on their website I just need to know the total payment on it so I will know how much to pay for it any help would be appreciated this Wes thing is really getting me confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2018
You people keep saying this thing "having this degree will place me in a better competitive position with others in the field". This may work in Nigeria but it is not a good enough reason for the embassy to grant you a visa. There are at least 5 other better reasons that you can give for deciding on a degree. Where do your interest and ambitions and career plans come in before you are thinking of competing with other people in your field?

lullu:
Vo = hi good morning, me =good morning, pass me your passport and 120, i did, immediately she asked, why did u chose Idaho, i chose Isu because its a good in area of healtg and labouratory research, also i got a tuition waiver which make it easy for me, why did u chose mcb= its a known fact that the health sector in Nigeria is a very competitive on having this degree will place me in a better competitive position with others in the field most expecially myltinational pharmaceutical companies

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2018
Thank you but there is no pdf file. I saw a "transaction reference number" is that the visa fee reciept number??
jandedfelloh:

login into your Internet banking through the website. under visa and tourist. click on us visa. before clicking on make new payment. look closely on the table below. U ll see a record of your recent payment with a "print button ". click on it and it ll generate a pdf.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2018
Trust me, your GRE score of 303 is good enough. Especially because your quant score is a high percentile. They will just assume you need to better your english, but then they already expect that from non-american or european students.

besides, always expect to score less in the actual test than you do on those platforms.

Don't be discouraged, ive been there and despite all the nay sayings i got into one of the best schools in the US. Those people can tell who is serious and who is not. Write a glowing statement of purpose, get in touch with faculty member and professors. Id advice you retry the toefl tho, if you can and if you believe you can do better on the GRE, please satisfy yourself and retry it. I did that too but know that the system kinda works against re-takers.

Stay positive. Youre gonna need it.

Predstan:

#Imperioxx
#Lagosismyhome

Can you please say something about my profile

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by anyi5: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2018
Osunguy:
Good morning people.
Please I have a question about Middle Tennessee state university. My CGPA is 2.68/5.0 and 2.98/4.0 with WES free calculator. I sent a mail to the grad cord of my course telling him I graduated with a 2.8/4.0 with WES evaluation and he told me I'm eligible to apply. I just read now that they accept unofficial transcript Buh after admission they can submit official WES transcript and the CGPA cut off is 2.75.
My question is can I apply directly with my WES evaluated transcript, would it be accepted or I must apply with my unofficial transcript first. I have lost so many great schools because my rather low CGPA, it'd be so bad if MTSU is one of them.
please help guys.

@ Osunguy, have you gotten admission, kindly alert me if you do

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (514)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.