Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916782 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ybahrbz91: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
GOOD Evening house.
Have been trying to schedule another appointment but am stocked at the pick up phase. After selection of preferred pick up location, it refused to take me to the next page.
Plsssss....Has anyone rescheduled an appointment OR Is anyone experiencing similar issue.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
ybahrbz91:
GOOD Evening house.
Have been trying to schedule another appointment but am stocked at the pick up phase. After selection of preferred pick up location, it refused to take me to the next page.
Plsssss....Has anyone rescheduled an appointment OR Is anyone experiencing similar issue.?

Logout and in again ..If it persists, change your computer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 9:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
hello house...please my school resumes on the 13th (orientation), while registration and class begins on the 20th of August and the next available interview appointment date is 16th of August (which I'm booked for), my question is hope I won't have problem at the POE if I'm entering US around 21st or the 22nd. please help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ybahrbz91: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
Thanks. I will do dat
winterstorm:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ybahrbz91: 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Thanks. I will do dat
winterstorm:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sirjunzenblaze: 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
imperiouxx:

You are right about home tie but I still think something is wrong with his document because he was given AP at the 2nd interview before he was denied.

All my documents are legit. The school waited and waited for the call from the embassy when I was placed on AP to confirm my scholarship, but they weren't contacted and I was refused yesterday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
Coloniel5000:
hello house...please my school resumes on the 13th (orientation), while registration and class begins on the 20th of August and the next available interview appointment date is 16th of August (which I'm booked for), my question is hope I won't have problem at the POE if I'm entering US around 21st or the 22nd. please help me.

What the start date on the i20.... whatever that date you need to be in the US or or before and not even a day later. If you can't make that date then talk to the school to give you a formal extension
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
Judgepelumi:

Yes you can go ahead and book with the same number so long you eventually complete your dsform using that number

Thanks a lot
great full
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aronman: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Can I send a mail to the embassy for an interview date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
If you have never been denied recently, you can ask for expedient visa appointment. But you will need to scan your i-20, visa receipt, as attachment with the email requesting for such. Go to the appointment-booking page to read more about that. Goodluck.
Aronman:
Can I send a mail to the embassy for an interview date?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
He that has ear, let him hear....

bayolino:
Hi good people
I will advise anyone not to go for his or her interview with fake bank statement of account as the VO may chooses to confirm this or retain your sponsor statement for further scrutiny and this is sent to the bank for confirmation, and if the outcome is negative oYo is your name poop is better not to even apply than have a 10years or life ban my small advise
Wish future applicants success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:12am On Jul 05, 2018
bigfamo:

Go with Qatar..I came into the States with Qatar and was so cool

I still want to try this flight. I've flew with Emirate before... empty flight when coming back to US but the problem is the ~10hrs layover.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:30am On Jul 05, 2018
PrincessUy:

Me: Troy University, Alabama to study BSN Nursing
Vo:What's ur highest degree of education?
Me: BSc microbiology
Vo:Why not masters?
Me: [s]through research and after engaging many scholars in nursing, I discover that the master's program does not offer adequate clinical period compare to the traditional bsn program[/s]. So i decided to go for the bsn so as to have a robust knowledge of the practical

Microbiology is unrelated with Nursing as far as career is concerned. Microbiology is an applied science while Nursing is under healthcare. I believe the vo knows that you can't just jump into MSN without some prereqs for MSN and clinical. So, we can say he asked why you're not going for a masters in Microbiology but you want to go for bachelors, which you already have as your highest degree. But you were busy discussing the difference between MSN and BSN. Even with that, you were wrong. For you to have a masters in nursing, you would have done some clinical as a RN and you would do more advanced clinical as a MSN student. You missed the most important part of your interview.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:52am On Jul 05, 2018
sirjunzenblaze:

All my documents are legit. The school waited and waited for the call from the embassy when I was placed on AP to confirm my scholarship, but they weren't contacted and I was refused yesterday.

You already said that. What I'm saying is if you have the right document or what is the communicate between the school and the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfamo(m): 1:49am On Jul 05, 2018
imperiouxx:

I still want to try this flight. I've flew with Emirate before... empty flight when coming back to US but the problem is the ~10hrs layover.
There was no unnecessary delay though till I got to jfk where I had to take now a local flight to Oakland.. we had just 2hours at Qatar �� and then on way to jfk.. so to New York,it’s cool

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sirjunzenblaze: 2:21am On Jul 05, 2018
imperiouxx:

You already said that. What I'm saying is if you have the right document or what is the communicate between the school and the embassy.

The embassy ddnt communicate with the school. The admissions officer was personally waiting for a call from them . Just confused as to why I was denied. What do you suggest I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 3:46am On Jul 05, 2018
I have been busy lately, and sometimes I just want to come here and read about student's experience on admission and embassy. There are so many angels here threading in human forms. People who help with ideas and information on admission, SEVIS payment, who encourages, guides and you know it. The list of those very helpful posts is long.

Just tonight, let me contribute the little time permits, especially on what I have observed lately on student visa denials.
I’m in the mood to share a few unsolicited advice on the forum. I am going to write. grin grin And I hope someone somewhere will be guided. The last time I posted something like this was 2016 or so. I know we have more students here now who needs guideline, including those who wish to ask questions but don’t know how to ask. Oya, start reading…6 POINTS!

Student visa, be for undergraduate studies, Masters or PhD—is somewhat unique, and comes with a lot of opportunities once you get to the US. Those who have been to there, stay behind after studies or return would agree to this assertion. But this type of visa also comes with responsibility, especially if you are actually going to study.

At the embassy here in Nigeria, the consular expects the student to prove they are going for the purpose for which they have applied. But unfortunately, we have seen students on this forum who could not do that—or really managed to but the consular were sceptical. Hence, the cause of their visa refusal. Some people would say it is because the time has not come; some people would say the visa can be granted only by the grace of God. I don’t completely agree. Why would grace helped a few get the visa and turn its back against others? Is God partial? Or some people have 3 heads? There are many angles to think from for one to really get to the fundamental cause of success and failure in everything we attempt at every given time. Therefore, I am not going to write about this. My prayer is that we all succeed in life when we pay the price that success demands!

POINT 1, The Oyibo believe young Africans should only travel to their countries to study programs that are not adequately offered here in our country. Consider saying you are going to study African Studies or an Ed program in the US? While you have your chances of getting the visa, it is very slim. The program you chose is important, though some guru disagree. And even if it is not important or can be studied here efficiently, or if a few consular wouldn’t care, most of the consular believe you shouldn’t chose the program because Nigeria has advanced very well on them. But is there any academic area we have actually advanced well enough that our youths should not go abroad to study them? (Question for answer) You have freedom and rights to choose, but make sure the program is what you really want to do, or you will have to be ready to say something very unique as to the reason you are going to the US to earn a degree for it.
This is to say certain program naturally makes the consular frown and assume, “but this course can be studied here. Why going to the US for it?” My advice: whatever program you chose, be very sure you understand why it’s been chosen. Why did you chose this program? Sit down and reason enough points why a student like you would want to travel to the US to spend a lot of money to study the program—especially if it’s readily offered here in Nigeria.
As educationist and someone who strongly believes in the potential of young people—of which I am certainly one—I always advice: know your gifts and talents, then chose a program or course that such talent or gift can be used in. For example, if you find it easy and natural to help people, be around the sick and care for them, or by intuition you can sense what is wrong with people, consider a calling in the medical field (it is broad and you should think about where you really want to serve humanity). This is a story for another day. Please read Chapter 2 of “On Managing Yourself” by Harvard Business Review, to learn more on deciding where you belong and how to pick a program of study related to that.

POINT 2. The US embassy probably interview more than two thousands students every year (if not more; I don’t have the figure). As most of you already know, there are “fixed questions” the consular always ask, i.e. Why are you going to the United States? Why did you chose this school? Why did you chose this program? Who is sponsoring/Paying for this? You know them… They have been asking these questions since the inception of the US student visa program, and I assume that as long as this category of visa remains in their portfolio, the fixed questions remain.
But funny enough, these same consular don’t expect “fixed answers” to their fixed questions. They don’t expect fixed answers to the questions in the sense that they assume (I assume this is the case) every student applying for a student visa does so for a unique reason personal to them. So when they asked you a question, for example, “What does your sponsor do?” and you say “He’s into real estate” as I have seen in several refusal transcripts on this forum, you automatically limits your own chance. Don’t misunderstand me. It is perfectly okay to tell them what your Dad do. But I just couldn’t understand why you have to say he’s into real estate—especially when that is not his/her job, or he’s an electronic importer at Alaba Intl, but you say he’s a realtor because a friend who just got his visa used the same answer. How many houses we do build every year in Nigeria? How many of those are built by realtors? This is Nigeria, not America. So, create your own unique response to those fixed questions. White or Black lies, that is none of my business (and to the saints on this forum, we have all been scenty of rose-coloured description of who we are).

The important thing is, make your own response unique and personal to your case. “Why did you chose this program?” “Why did you chose this school?” Find out! Why? The program, the school, and you yourself have enough reasons why! STOP COPYING WHAT YOU SEE ON EVERY SUCCESSFUL TRANSCRIPT. The consular interview a lot of young Nigerians going to the US for studies. The consular are humans not robot. Based on personal and shared experiences, those who give personal, and academic-based response to the questions have higher chances of getting their visa over those who use what a student who got his visa last month used (Even Canada honour such when applying for their student visa). And who knows maybe you will be interviewed by the same consular? While cramming don’t work for every student, get familiar with your choice of answer to the fixed questions before your interview. Stand in front of mirror and say them loud. Listen to yourself. Do you make sense? Put yourself in the consular shoe. If you are a consular and a student gave the answer you intend to give during the interview, would you take him serious and issue his/her visa? While I am not defending the consular action (some of them have been unfair), the truth is, if we are in their position and our job demands that we interview people on daily basis, our response—whether or not to grant a student visa—will be very similar, especially when there’s an established rules that says, “not every young Nigerian at the embassy for student visa is actually going to the US for studies.” Think about it!

Try to be different. (I have seen a student who was denied twice (once in Abuja and Lagos) and after preparation, return to Lagos the second time (and of course, after prayer and fasting cheesy cheesy) and the woman who granted his visa the third time started acting like his Sister, advising him on how to thrive in the US. This guy had prepared his mind on what to say. He imagined himself interviewed; he did not even use mock. He just thoroughly prepare his answers—based on the Whys he knew he would be asked. Some people would say this is a fabricated response. No! It is called preparation—preparing one’s heart and mind for what is coming. By writing his own unique response down, he condensed them. And even if fear of rejection or of the consular would not let him speak as he has thought he would, the preparation has helped. He’s in the US now. He’ll never fear such interview again.
You prepare once, very well, and you hit it. That is it! The experience becomes a part of you.

POINT 3. Write Test if You can. While this is not a requirement for a student visa, it is a bonus to say it increases the student’s chance of getting the visa, especially if asked if any test is written. Once you say No, well, only God knows what the consular is thinking about your application. But again, this is not a requirement as there are universities and programs which does not require either SAT, GRE or GMAT for admission. And to prove this is correct, I have seen/heard of cases of more than 4 students—all of which are in the States today—granted their visas without test scores. Well, are you surprised? The thing is, consular are unpredictable, and student visa happens! But as a bonus, if you can write the test, bravo. Some students are made for such. But not every student has been granted their visa because they write test.

POINT 4. Try to apply and appear for your interview early. Some of you already know the consular are unpredictable. While a confident heart may be able to envisage a positive outcome, even long before the interview day, sometimes, it takes more than confidence. Sometimes, confidence don’t work at all (I believe this is so that we may learn that no pattern of action is certain to always produce the result we want). King Solomon said something I wish I had learnt very early in life. He said, “In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.” Ecclesiastes 11:6.
I think we can take a little lesson from there and apply it here. If you are so confident that your visa will be granted the first time, you may be disappointed if it is otherwise. Successful people always leave room for the unexpected. Disappointment! No wonder they are not easily heart-broken when the negative appear on their course. So I think it's very childish to say anything is certain in this life. The further we go and learn from the experiences of successful people, the closer we are to this truth. You don’t know what will become of your application. Do you? What if the consular that will interview you during your first appearance had a fight with his wife the night before and he’s a choleric—the type that’s skilled in transferring aggression? You had all it takes. But, oh, he was hard on you! Those type of consular whose countenance says something about their mood. The one who refused to give anybody throughout the interview period except one fine old mama wearing Ankara with glasses sitting on the edge of her nose.
So in case you were denied the first time but you had applied early, you can just walk from the embassy to the nearest GTBank and pay for another visa fee, and schedule another interview that night—with 2-3 weeks interval from the first appearance. That is if you have such money and you aren’t too broken by the refusal. Several students got their visas only after they reapply. Sure, there have been enough positive outcome to wish for as well. There are friends who were able to get the visas first time—without previous travel history. No denials, no buggy questions, or administrative process or whatever. And they didn’t go through EAC. So if you apply late, and available interview dates are too close to the date your school is starting its orientation, you can defer. Then request that your school send an updated i-20—if they won’t ask you to pay for the shipment again. But if you applied early, the i-20 can be reused, and you would have saved yourself 4-5 month of waiting and those dollars. Please pay attention to this!

POINT 5. On the DS-FORM. Many student visa guru here have said it time and again that this form is to be filled carefully and properly reviewed before you submit it. I call the ds form the second window to accessing and assessing who you are—for the type of visa you applied for—second to what you say during the interview. And sometimes, the importance of the form comes first. As the consular ask her/his fixed questions, they read what you filled in. And I assume they check if what you say uniform the details on the form. Make sure and do your best to avoid any mistake on this form. If you must ask someone to fill it for you, do ensure you know everything they put in every section before they submit the form. To ensure there is no mistake, I advise that when you are through with the sections, don’t submit it yet. Print everything out. Don’t be stingy on printing fee. Print everything, and go through each page to confirm there’s no mistake. If you spot any mistake, go back, edit it, and save it again.
Once you are sure, you can then go ahead and hit submit. Another thing you must do is, keep the printed form safe. Keep it away. Should the outcome of your interview not favourable and you wish to reapply immediately or later, go back to the printed form. Fill the new ds form for the new interview with the same information as before. Be careful of changing names, such as sponsor names, previous schools, etc. While some guru on this forum may say there is no need to be cautious or alarm about changing information on the form, experience taught the class of expert I belong to disagree. American embassy HATE inconsistencies on visa application—the same way they don’t like to see a fresh graduate says he is going for business/professional conference and after the denial the lad reapply for a student visa. They can continue to deny you for as long as you apply, and funny enough, you’re given the same paper; you know that section 214 (b).
Don’t assume because the previous interview was denied that the old form you submitted is also gone. No! It is in the system. They have your thumbprints, and so everything you have ever done with the US embassy—home or abroad, then or now (except when there was no fingerprint scanner at the embassy) is in the system.
If you must change anything at all, make sure you know what you are doing, and if question arise on interview day concerning such change, well, prepare to defend yourself. This 5th point is perhaps the most important in this piece. I know someone very dear to me who has been denied 7 times because of inconsistencies on his ds form. The dude did not only change schools and programs but also tampered with preview education history he had here in Nigeria. He was a good guy who thought the change will better position him to get the visa when he applied again. He wrote the SAT test, score high, got FULL scholarship, (he even got accepted to Pepperdine University), and applied again with the i-20 from the new school that offered full scholarship, yet he was denied. Immediately after the last interview, he asked the consular to turn on his mic. The dude chuckled and honour him. He then ask, “If I were your brother, what would you do?” The consular said, “Well, I would probably not apply again!” Later, he got to know it was those changes he made that diminished his chances of getting the visa, and going to embassy in between those 7 times with different 4 i-20s. Maybe if somebody had told him he was complicating his case and chances with those changes, maybe he would have been careful. Now, I am sharing that experience he had with you. Not to freak you out, but to make sure you avoid making similar mistake, and get your visa.
Again, and finally on this, be steady on filling the ds form, but be very, very slow when it comes to changing anything if you are reapplying after previous denial.

POINT 6. It is in the interest of our dream and for the sake of our future that when obstacles ensue to stop us because we are dreamer we should never, ever give up. For some people, applying for a US visa is a play, play thing. “Abeg, make I try am self maybe them fit give me. And if them no give me, nothing do me.” It doesn’t pull a lock of their hair. But for others, it is their utmost dream. The latter category of people tend to be really broken when they are refused. It is not because they are emotional than those who have been denied but felt nothing; it is because, for them, it is a dream—something they really want to see happen in their lives. They want to make parents proud; they feel going abroad will help them become a better person; they see US education as a part of a strong foundation they need for a successful career. Their underlying reasons, I believe, is genuine. My word for you? Don’t give up if you have been denied. If you have the visa fee, and the SEVIS has not expired or you can pay for another one, or the interval has not been too long—whatever your case may be—if you believe you have what it takes to go back, go back! Reapply again.
Don’t give up just because it’s challenging. What if it’s when you go back you will get it? Thinking you’re a failure or inadequate where others thrive will on make you slip deeper into such belief. And if you don’t pick up yourself soon, it may be bad for you. We don’t give up on something we truly believe matters to our future. If it matters, try again!

Good luck to all the dreamers here!

(There are typos here. If anything comes to mind that may be useful, I will modify this post. It is 3:33am)

33 Likes 11 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 3:54am On Jul 05, 2018
Who told you the embassy communicates with the school? The background checking they did has nothing to do with your school. There must have been a part of your application that contradicts. But if your bank statement wasn't genuine, then maybe that is where the issue is. When they collect your bank statement, they read it... If it has not been real or handed over by the bank and transactions are not consistent, that could have caused a problem. It can be painful especially when you did not know when they later refused the visa.
sirjunzenblaze:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DereI(f): 6:49am On Jul 05, 2018
bombman:
hello ,if someone uses western union to pay sevis fee in USA does the receipt come the same day

The receipt appears immediately the payment is made. Always.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DereI(f): 6:49am On Jul 05, 2018
bombman:
hello ,if someone uses western union to pay sevis fee in USA does the receipt come the same day

Yes, immediately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 8:26am On Jul 05, 2018
Can anyone in the house recommend to me a standard and a well structured GMAT tutorial center around Ikeja axis? I have been to BY mafit but they don’t offer tutorial on GMAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning house, for those that have been contributing to this forum, God shall reward you guys abundantly and for those that are expecting their first or reapplied interview like me Almighty God shall go before us and speak through us. Our effort shall not been in vain,Amen.

In my first application, I forgot to indicate my u.s contact name, also I indicated have made travel plans and in my sponsor part,instead of inputting other relative,i clicked on other because my sponsor is my elder sister but now have corrected it.. my question is, when asked what changes do you have in your application now, should I say what is stated above or what is the best answer for what changes do you have in your application now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ceejay55ceejay(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning house.. Please how can one change his school and sevis ID after Visa interview has been booked though sevis fee have not been paid yet. I got a better offer from another school for MBA and I have already booked interview date though I haven't paid sevis fee yet. So how can I change my institution and sevis ID on both my CGI profile and DS 160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulsir: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning, please what's the distance between ketu and water carrington? I'm crashing there a day before my interview. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulsir: 10:04am On Jul 05, 2018
ceejay55ceejay:
Good morning house.. Please how can one change his school and sevis ID after Visa interview has been booked though sevis fee have not been paid yet. I got a better offer from another school for MBA and I have already booked interview date though I haven't paid sevis fee yet. So how can I change my institution and sevis ID on both my CGI profile and DS 160?
Get another form on ceacand update the number on your ustraveldocs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jandedfelloh: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2018
I went for my interview again today and was denied by the black lady in window 2. not the popular window 7.

vo:Good morning , where are you going to

me:I am going to Etsu for my masters in computer and information sciences

vo: she looks at her system and said (hold on). after reading for a while. she said. what has changed since u were last here

me: I was placed on administrative processing but was later refused, I guess the VO wasn't satisfied with my financial documents. so I have brought additional documents and letters from each bank to show my financial capabilities.

vo: your uncle is sponsoring u. what does he do?

me: He's into the importation of fabric and textile.

vo: how many children does he have

me: 3

vo: Has he been out of the country before?

me: Yes.

Vo: where

me: Usa, China, Cameroon

vo:Tell me his name, first and last

me: I did

she stares at the documents for over minutes. then looked at her system like she's searching for somthing. took a while too. I was just standing there. she then typed for a very long time. then said "sorry I ll have to agree with my former colleague. you do not qualify now. U can reapply.

Me: can I ask u a question. she said yes.
"can u tell me the actual reason"

vo: it's against the law the form explains everything

me:I know what the form says and we both know it doesn't really specify.  I am not asking u to break the law. but give me something to work with. you can do it in a way that u wouldn't be breaking the law. Just tell me what you personally think I should do?

Vo: Okay. if I'm to say. I ll say I ll probably wait

Note: I came home and told the whole ordeal to my sister. she pointed out that my uncle now has 4kids and not 3. I don't know if this played a role.. I have accepted my fate. I will work harder , rewrite GRE and aim for PHD and and masters but full scholarship. I had 305 and 105toefl.

My question is. will this mistake of 3/4 kids affect me in the future. it was an honest mistake. If it was the reason I was rejected. will it come back again to haunt me even if I secure full scholarships for next year.

I want honest opinions.  no matter how harsh. Pls I ll appreciate any opinion
Thank you

@ LagosismyHome @TWoods @EZEIGBO1OFIMO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by VECOH1(m): 10:14am On Jul 05, 2018
Hi. Yes the application number is the same as confirmation number.
Smartconcept1:
please,I have a question.
am filling my ds-160, application number, is it the same as ds-160 confirmation number, am asking because I want to book appointment as dates are filling up,then take my time read through the ds-160 before submitting it ,to avoid rush rush mistakes.
so ds-160 application number is it the same as ds-160 confirmation number??
please anyone with idea,talk to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheSuperladyy: 10:18am On Jul 05, 2018
Good Morning Everyone.
I would appreciate if my questions could be answered please.

Background information: I got an admit for MS Finance at University of New Haven, Fall 2018.

1. When i received my I-20, The course written on it was Financial Mathematics. I contacted the school and the AO said that is how its stated for SEVIS purposes. She said its because of the course's STEM designation. My question is this, How do I answer the "whats your course of study?"question during My Visa Interview.

2. I booked my interview for 18th of July, and my registry wedding will hold on 27th of July. If the VO asked if i am married, Should I just say no and leave it at that or should i give details of the planned wedding?

3. My Visa appointment confirmation page showed I made a mistake in my name while booking. I wrote "DEMOLA" instead of "DAMOLA" as my middle name. Would this have any negative impact? If yes, How can I rectify the error?

Sorry for the lengthy Post and Thank you as you oblige with answers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by VECOH1(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2018
jandedfelloh:

Sorry for your denial.
My question is this-How will the V.O know the number of kids your uncle has? Did u fill that in your DS 160 form?
I went for my interview again today and was denied by the black lady in window 2. not the popular window 7.

vo: she looks at her system and said (hold on). after reading for a while. she said. what has changed since u were last here

me: I was placed on administrative processing but was later refused, I guess the VO wasn't satisfied with my financial documents. so I have brought additional documents and letters from each bank to show my financial capabilities.

she stares at the documents for over minutes. then looked at her system like she's searching for somthing. took a while too. I was just standing there. she then typed for a very long time. then said "sorry I ll have to agree with my former colleague. you do not qualify now. U can reapply.

me:I know what the form says and we both know it doesn't really specify.  I am not asking u to break the law. but give me something to work with. you can do it in a way that u wouldn't be breaking the law. Just tell me what you personally think I should do?

Note: I came home and told the whole ordeal to my sister. she pointed out that my uncle now has 4kids and not 3. I don't know if this played a role.. I have accepted my fate. I will work harder , rewrite GRE and aim for PHD and and masters but full scholarship. I had 305 and 105toefl.

My question is. will this mistake of 3/4 kids affect me in the future. it was an honest mistake. If it was the reason I was rejected. will it come back again to haunt me even if I secure full scholarships for next year.

Thank you

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jandedfelloh: 10:32am On Jul 05, 2018
[quote author=VECOH1 post=69100502][/quote] No I did not. I am just pointing out the only mistake I could find. and since he has traveled to the usa. maybe they have his details. I'm just guessing, I'm no expert. that's why I am asking people that are experienced

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2018
jandedfelloh:
Thank you

Sorry about the delay .......are you not close to your sponsor to know how many kids or it was nerves

I cannot tell for sure the bold as it only someone who works in the embassy that would know . I dont think it would (although consistent is key) but i am no insider .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fairheart(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2018
It is cool. Just know what you have changed, and be ready to say something about it if you are questioned. Goodluck!
Sirtenburg:
Good morning house, for those that have been contributing to this forum, God shall reward you guys abundantly and for those that are expecting their first or reapplied interview like me Almighty God shall go before us and speak through us. Our effort shall not been in vain,Amen.

In my first application, I forgot to indicate my u.s contact name, also I indicated have made travel plans and in my sponsor part,instead of inputting other relative,i clicked on other because my sponsor is my elder sister but now have corrected it.. my question is, when asked what changes do you have in your application now, should I say what is stated above or what is the best answer for what changes do you have in your application now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.