Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916924 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by santricedupas(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2018
wisepluto:
I have sent the material. You can check your mailbox as well.

send for me too.

yemmywesey@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by santricedupas(m): 11:58am On Jul 16, 2018
Francolisa65:

Vo: Goodmorning
Me: (didn't reply)
Vo: can I have your i20 and passport
Me: gave him
Vo: so what school will you be attending?
Me: UTPB
vo: okay, how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 5
Vo: how many were you admitted into?
Me: 3
Vo: which ones?
Me: I told him
Vo: why did you choose this school?
Me: it is a small fast growing university, registered as an official texas university. It has a good engineering program. It has a student teacher ratio of 24:1. It's located in a competitive city where 23 schools are in top 100 by usnews .
Vo: what course will you be taking?
Me: told him
Vo: tell me about the program?
Vo: what courses will you be taking in your first year?
Me: told him.
Vo: who is your sponsor ?
Vo: asked for bank statement
Vo: I will be approving your visa. Don't forget your i20, you'll need it when you arrive the us.

pls re-wIte this your transcript, this forumn for us to learn, I can't learn anything from this your transcript, endeavour to make learnable

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
Francolisa65:

Vo: Goodmorning
Me: (didn't reply)
Vo: can I have your i20 and passport
Vo: so what school will you be attending?
Me: UTPB
vo: okay, how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 5
Vo: how many were you admitted into?
Me: 3
Vo: which ones?
Me: I told him
Vo: why did you choose this school?
Me: it is a small fast growing university, registered as an official texas university. It has a good engineering program. It has a student teacher ratio of 24:1. It's located in a competitive city where 23 schools are in top 100 by usnews .
Vo: what course will you be taking?
Vo: tell me about the program?
Vo: what courses will you be taking in your first year?
Me: told him.
Vo: who is your sponsor ?
Vo: asked for bank statement
Vo: I will be approving your visa. Don't forget your i20, you'll need it when you arrive the us.
I got admitted to UTPB too did you get the presidential scholarship? Was the interview in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by haywhizzy21(m): 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
Kindly send to me plz @ adelaja.ayodele21@gmail.com..God bless

wisepluto:
Who knows anyone writing GRE soon. I have a fantastic Princeton material that helped me a great deal. Will give it out for free, though it cost me some dough when I got it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 12:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
my younger brother was denied visa @ the Abuja embassy ....
the VO asked him only one question ....
it's goes this way
VO. how many schools did you applied to ?
him 3 school ... alliant international university California .... Texas a&m university.... Algonquin collage......
vo.im sorry you are not eligible for the visa this time ...

that's all......
I'm having a weird felling right now...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gracechellar(f): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
Please does anyone have an idea of universities giving graduate assistantship in the sciences..?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
Predstan:

Maybe you don't understand what I am trying to say. I've read part 10-13 but I've not seen anyone with full funding for spring semester.. I just want to know if its advisable for mW to apply for spring or make I just apply for fall 19 jejely
Send a mail to the program adviser /coordinator asking specific questions about Spring admission and the funding opportunities available.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Officialhow(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
wisepluto:
I have sent the material. You can check your mailbox

Oga please send to me too.
imperfect4real@gmail.com
Muncho Gracias!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adecoal: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
ANYONE PLEASE/

adecoal:
Hi guys..

what are the chances of getting a US study visa if you've previously been denied a Canadian study visa?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
jolowizzy11:
my younger brother was denied visa @ the Abuja embassy ....
the VO asked him only one question ....
it's goes this way
VO. how many schools did you applied to ?
him 3 school ... alliant international university California .... Texas a&m university.... Algonquin collage......
vo.im sorry you are not eligible for the visa this time ...

that's all......
I'm having a weird felling right now...

Them just they toy with our money,who send feeling abi do work your been paid for... That black woman denied people without letting them to express themselves.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by VECOH1(m): 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2018
In my opinion, they are tired of hearing extensive research for answers to how to u heard about the school. Try and say something unique. Also, I think u should reapply. Yes, u will have to fill another DS 160 and pay another fee.
was the interview in Lagos or Abuja?
ogompaul:
Visa DENIED! this morning by the black woman in window 2.

VO: can I have your passport and i-120,
Me: gave her.
VO: Where are you going?
Me: to bronx uni to study MSC public health
VO: how did you hear about the school
Me: I did extensive research......(while I was still answering, the VO said internet and answered, yes)
VO: what degree do u have? What have u been doing after studies where are you working
Me: I have MBBS, have been working so so and so places after graduation.
VO: who is sponsoring you and what is he doing?
Me: my uncle, he is a major distributor in xyz and estate manager
VO: are u married
Me: No
VO: are u engaged?
Me: No.
VO: sorry I can't issue u visa now.

Please what went wrong in your opinion?

Can I apply again? If yes, do i have to fill another DS 160 form a d pay visa application fee again?
Thanks and one love.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
Kingksb:
I like this....I plan to study Mechanical Engineering after ESL though the school who admitted me said I can use my scores for ESL after taking a test to apply my course of choice...I'm done with high school and probably my waec result will be out this week.

This is what I will tell my brother. Taking esl to the embassy is a big set up for failure. This case is weak. Toefl is what Nigerians use in place of esl.

Don't do it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by spores99(m): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
wisepluto:
Who knows anyone writing GRE soon. I have a fantastic Princeton material that helped me a great deal. Will give it out for free, though it cost me some dough when I got it.
please be kind to send to me at kazeem.ha69@gmail.com thank you my exam is next friday. i would appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by VECOH1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
Good afternoon everyone, my interview appointment is 7 am this week.
Please what time latest should I arrive at the embassy.
Also, my statement of account balance reflects May 22, is it ok to go with this date or is there a need to get a more recent date.
Pls it is urgent, my interview is on Thursday
Thanks for your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
VECOH1:
Good afternoon everyone, my interview appointment is 7 am this week.
Please what time latest should I arrive at the embassy.
Also, my statement of account balance reflects May 22, is it ok to go with this date or is there a need to get a more recent date.
Pls it is urgent, my interview is on Thursday
Thanks for your reply

this your question is somehow ooo....... appointment means no african time. if it for 7am, you must be there before 7am so not sure why you are asking for the latest time. Best to go ahead and wait if possible

May 22nd SOA is ok , since it within the last 3 to 6 months

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Francolisa65: 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
crystal843:

What day was your interview
[color=#006600][/color]

On the 6th of july
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Francolisa65: 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2018
santricedupas:

pls re-wIte this your transcript, this forumn for us to learn, I can't learn anything from this your transcript, endeavour to make learnable

I tried to highlight the needed info. The things I wrote 'told him' are personal and not necessary.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by caul(m): 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hello guys really missed this place....hope you all have been doing good...could someone please help drop the links to searching for schools...I did appreciate that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by iphi(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
Please someone should answer me... my DS150 confirmation form barcode is different from the barcode that allows me enter the embassy... I changed some details in my DS150 form and they gave me another barcode. Someone said I just need to explain to them at the gate that I changed some details that is why the barcode is different... please someone help me out here

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
Predstan:

OK. I think I will just wait till schools open the application portal for fall 19.

I would apply for Spring if I were you and defer to Fall if I had to because of funding. No harm in trying

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 3:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
What's the name pls and their rate? Thank you.

banji001:

Thanks a lot brother , I’ve already seen a hotel around obalende, it’s just a 200 naira bike to the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
Francolisa65:

I tried to highlight the needed info. The things I wrote 'told him' are personal and not necessary.
Thanks

Then really what was the point of you posting the transcript ... angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winzy(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
caul:
Hello guys really missed this place....hope you all have been doing good...could someone please help drop the links to searching for schools...I did appreciate that

Www.google.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Goldengold2014: 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=iphi post=69435489]Please someone should answer me... my DS150 confirmation form barcode is different from the barcode that allows me enter the embassy... I changed some details in my DS150 form and they gave me another barcode. Someone said I just need to explain to them at the gate that I changed some details that is why the barcode is different... please someone help me out here[quote
e]

I am having same issue here, and the portal is not showing where we i can make a correction
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gent009: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2018
wisepluto:

kindly send me pls btcboss.o@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
Francolisa65:

Thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gent009: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hi guys am new here. I want to start my application for spring semester. Pls can someone be kind enough to guide me on the cheapest school I can apply to? and if scholarship is available how to go about it.

I know it can be found on Google but i really need a personalized opinion from my Nigerian brothers and sister's.

thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzomaks: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hello Guys I hope you all are having a good day.

Pls I would be going for my visa interview soon for my Masters in Information Systems and Technology at University of Michigan Dearborn(UMD) and honestly the major reason I applied to UMD is because of the opportunity to interact and experience what goes on in the FORD MOTOR COMPANY(excites me when I imagine it) as I currently work as a ford service advisor with coscharis motors but I really do not know if its a convincing reason.

I also found that UMD has relatively small class sizes which sounds good to me as I would get the opportunity to interact with my professors and peers easily especially in terms of solving problems and sharing ideas.

pls go through and let me know what you think.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzomaks: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
Gent009:
Hi guys am new here. I want to start my application for spring semester. Pls can someone be kind enough to guide me on the cheapest school I can apply to? and if scholarship is available how to go about it.

I know it can be found on Google but i really need a personalized opinion from my Nigerian brothers and sister's.

thanks so much

My dear READING is the KEY, use the same search words on google like you have put it here I am pretty sure something meaningful would come out. Also someone with the answers you need might come along if they have the info you require but trust me it would be BETTER if you try yourself first it's like starting from the known to the unknown.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
adecoal:
ANYONE PLEASE/

Why were you denied a Canadian visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by caul(m): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2018
winzy:

Www.google.com

I know Google gives answers but there are other site mainly for searching for schools like usnews...I don't remember the others that's why am asking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Queendammie: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2018
Congratulations, pls I will like to clarify some things from you. My email address is maryadebayo1 @yahoo.com.
Pls can I have yours
Thank you.
GraceofGodfollo:
Thursday July 5 , 2018.

I left my hotel (same room i stayed for my last interview) at obalende to the embassy at around 5:30.. Got there around 5:45.. I walked confidently to the crowd.. I am sure they will think dis girl na jjc.. She doesnt know things are tough here, but I actually came to mark my third attendance within the past 7months, my first was Dec 5 then Dec 27.. Those are the days I was carrying Cleveland state university's i20 upandown. .
To kill my moral one girl was asking me some kinda questions like she already knew I be "Customer da da ni".. All my answers were I donno. (someone cannot come and give me bad memories)

By 6am we were asked to come for the security check, I moved quickly to start the line .. After then, they called for 6:30 then I started the line also, cos that is how my spirit leads me.

Got in for biometics was the first and I did it like 5times before it worked. Then I went the start the interview queue waited for like 10mins.. Then the black American lady that did biometrics said somethings.. The CGI girl.. Said I should go and meet her, I was like asking her is it interview.. She was like "yes na what did u come here for " congrats in advance.

She greeted me
My head no quickly booth to reply, so decided not to cos the pace was much already I need to be Real.

Vo: Who is sponsoring you

Me: I got a full tuition waiver with monthly stipends and my mum pays for the rest

Vo: what kinda waiver are u just doing an on-campus job or what

Me : I got a graduate assistantship with tuition waiver (she looked at my i20)

Vo: What does she do

Me: She is a lecturer in the University of ******

Vo: you came here with civil engineering why geoscience now??

Me: I work in the technical department of a road construction company n with my observation, road dont last due to lack of proper soil investigation, this is important to me because i want to consult for the state and federal government projects..

Vo: (look convinced) any test?

Me : yes gre

Vo: let me see

Me i gave her.

Vo: av u travelled out before

No: i had no reason to

She said some things and said congratulations you have been approved with a big smile... I smiled back,I collected my 2 White papers and left like a robot..

(note: it was more like a conversation compared to my previous two experiences...)

Dre are some part I didnt hear her well i asked her politely. like 3-4 times

It was a short conversation but she stood up twice that made it a lil longer than how it looks in the write-up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.