Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (919806 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Incomparable(f): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
Pls house, how do I go about processing visa for a child, who will accompany me to USA, my study duration is about 4years, and the child is just 7years old(the youngest out of 3)? Pls, I need the procedures.
And can the child be taken along on the interview day?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cooldude23(m): 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
wisepluto:
Who knows anyone writing GRE soon. I have a fantastic Princeton material that helped me a great deal. Will give it out for free, though it cost me some dough when I got it.
Please kindly share via onemolesystem@gmail.com Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
paulsir:

visa cancelled after administrative processing.

Sorry to hear that

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
hello everyone, is it compulsory for you and your designated parent or guardian to sign your I-20 form in the space provided on the below the I-20 form before taking it to the embassy for interview? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2018
Enasdan:
hello everyone, is it compulsory for you and your designated parent or guardian to sign your I-20 form in the space provided on the below the I-20 form before taking it to the embassy for interview? thanks
Read the instructions below the i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmanbaba: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hello Gurus!

I'll be having my interview in a few days. Would anybody be kind enough to give me a mock interview? Probably over Skype? Please quote this post or send me a pm. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
Incomparable:
Pls house, how do I go about processing visa for a child, who will accompany me to USA, my study duration is about 4years, and the child is just 7years old(the youngest out of 3)? Pls, I need the procedures.
Ofcourse you have to. Inform your international student office that you have a dependant. And you will get a dependant i20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ajibade105(m): 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2018
You can apply with them if you have their I-20...

Incomparable:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
Congratulations to those that got there visa approved.
May God bless your new journey.

I wanna propose something though its just a suggestion.

I want to suggest that people should always add there profile when posting transcript.
For example:
GRE:**
TOEFL:**
GPA:**

As this will also help prospective student like us.

Just a suggestion.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aribolseg(m): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2018
Nahum777:
Where you the guy with the black suit and walking stick?

Not at all. Waking stick ke
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tohlou(m): 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
tactmayor:

pls do you mind sharing your profile
When you say profile I’d like you to be specific
Profile yapa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2018
mayd16:
GOOD MORNING PEOPLE, PLEASE HELP IN REVIEWING MY PROPOSED TRANSCRIPT, MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW MORNING, THANKS

VO: Good morning ma'am, pass me you I-20, passport please.
Me: Good morning. Sure, here they are.
VO: What are you going to the US to do?
Me: I am going Jamestown community college for a certificate in network and systems administration This Certificate program can be a very hard stuff for you to sell
VO: What is your highest degree?
Me: Bachelor of Biochemistry
VO: What year did you graduate?
Me: I graduated in 2013
VO:Why are you going for an associate degree why not a bachelor degree
Me: I want a degree that will take me just two years and considering my sponsors budget, university is way more expensive. This response here is not the best. You already have a degree, and If cost will be an issue; the vo could ask, why not do the certification in aptec or NIIT. Why waste fleight ticket money that can be used to gain this same certification in Nigeria? This is a question you should ponder.
VO: Why are you switching career
Me: My first job in the IT firm was an eye opener for me but jobs were not assigned to me because I do not have a degree related to the IT industry So you have just clearly stated it here now that jobs were not given to you because you do not have a degree in IT. So why aren't you going for a degree in IT then. Why waste your time and money on a certificate or associate degree course that will probably not land you any serious jobs since you not have a degree in IT. A course that you could probably do online for a price far cheaper than your air ticket to USA and also probably cheaper than what aptech may charge you here in Nigeria?
VO: why this program
Me: My goal is to support organizations by ensuring a smooth running computing infrastructure, so getting a degree in this program will give me the practical and theoretical knowledge to achieve this goal and also it will not limit me to my place of work. You just said your course is a certificate course or even an associate degree. SO it is not qualified to be called a degree!
VO: How much school did you applied to
Me: 4 other school, Kansas city CC, Jefferson CC, Metropolitan CC, and Houston CC.
VO:How many gave you admission
Me: 3
VO: Why JCC
Me: Of all the school that gave me admission, Only JCC introduced business as part of the curriculum for my course of interest which was a side catch for me and also the department provides one on one mentoring by major professors like professor Williams and Mr. Jeffery.
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: After my NYSC in 2015, I got a worked in an IT firm as a customer support (training and implementing hospital software, then in 2016 I got a job in my current place of work as an IT consultant where I support and monitor the IT operations) Ask yourself, How can someone work as an IT consultant when they have clearly stated that they were a complete novice when it comes to IT, and you already stated that your first place of work could not assign jobs to you in your current state.
VO: Who is paying for your studies?
Me: My place of work will be sponsoring my studies Why will your place of work sponsor you to study for a certification or Associate degree in IT when you are a novice in the field, and keeping in mind the huge cost of living and studying in the USA, why will they gain by sponsoring you?
VO: Why are they sponsoring you?
Me: I have been able to improve the hospital operations by introduce the use of hospital software to run our operations Where did you learn the skills to do this? and how did you exactly improve there hospital operations. Remember you had said your place of work is an IT Firm.
VO: Do you have any children?
Me: No ma'am
VO: Are you married?
Me: No ma'am
VO: You qualify for a Visa ........
Me: Thanks
In all sincerity, I feel with all these points I raised, It maybe difficult for you to sell a good explanation to each of them.
If you could, I will humbly suggest that you cancel your interview and visa application and do not appear for the interview. Please do not use this application to stain or jeopardize your record in-case things go south
Probably an Agent may have done this package for you; But I must tell you that this could be a tough sell.
It will be better you go through this USA thread from Page 0 and study to master the process and then apply for suitable qualification. It could still be something in your Biochemistry with some touch of IT.
This journey is not something your undertake in a haste, else you could make things unnecessarily difficult for you.

Best!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aronman: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
is it compulsory to include nysc experience on Ds-160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lyrondee: 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2018
Congrats to you guys....
Nitta08 Ghs007 Longhite01 NeversayNever11 Nahum777...
God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alabi565(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Emmanbaba:
Hello Gurus!

I'll be having my interview in a few days. Would anybody be kind enough to give me a mock interview? Probably over Skype? Please quote this post or send me a pm. Thanks!
I'm in the same shoe pls pm me too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nitta08(f): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
Incomparable:

Congrats ma'am.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nitta08(f): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
yuscodguy:

Congratulation lady

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nitta08(f): 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2018
Tunmise100:

BIG CONGRATULATIONS. GO AND EXCEL

Thank you cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alabi565(m): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hi everyone in the house, hope u guys r doing fine. May more visa fall on us this week IJN. Pls I ve a question: how long does it take the school to ship ur I-20 form to Nigeria cos the semester will kickoff on 22/08/18 n I dono wat to do again since I'm waiting to get the I-20.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2018
akom0908:
pls house I have an emergency issue,my interview is tomorrow morning,just discovered my picture is not on my ds160...what can I do?I uploaded it when I was filling my ds160.

Just go there tomorrow with the passport photograph and is likely you will be sent back and they give second chance and you will be advised on what to do next so that your visa fee wont be a waste
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by md17: 11:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
Good evening e-fam. Please I need urgent response to a Q. My GRE is coming up in Sept. and I'm narrowing down schools to apply to. My proposed course is MS Biotechnology, and I've spoken to a few grad coord (especially because of my low GPA of 2.8/4). I’m one of the no funding, no going set of people.

Advice and suggestions are welcome please!

Here is my current profile:

Undergraduate Major: Microbiology
Proposed MS Major: Biotechnology
GPA: 2.8/4
GRE: Writing by Sept
Year of graduation: 2014
NYSC completion: 2016
Work Experience: One year as Research Assistant and 1+ years working in a Biomedical Research firm.

Does anyone know how i can go about getting funding. Few graduate coords that I spoke with only mentioned that my GRE score and SOP will go a long way in determining if I will be admitted. I don't want to ruin the conversation by asking if I'll qualify for funding, because many grad coords did not even respond to my mail which discussed availability of funding.

Kindly help o, 'cos I've been on this issue since 2016.

walspring, Danjaninja, ponpon, justwise, lagosismyhome, sirriddy, aanexplus, quoran, RexCheeng, mfarad, drhopeful, Time2Smile, jaybiz007, et al.....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sandi301: 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hey. I just got admission to study MS in Analytics and Systems at School of Business, University of Bridgeport and I was offered $3,000 scholarship out of $17,000 tuition. Does anyone know how I can get sponsorship or assistantship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ExclusiveD(f): 12:50am On Jul 20, 2018
Pls wat is ur gpa on a 5.0 scale?
md17:
Good evening e-fam. Please I need urgent response to a Q. My GRE is coming up in Sept. and I'm narrowing down schools to apply to. My proposed course is MS Biotechnology, and I've spoken to a few grad coord (especially because of my low GPA of 2.8/4). I’m one of the no funding, no going set of people.

Advice and suggestions are welcome please!

Here is my current profile:

Undergraduate Major: Microbiology
Proposed MS Major: Biotechnology
GPA: 2.8/4
GRE: Writing by Sept
Year of graduation: 2014
NYSC completion: 2016
Work Experience: One year as Research Assistant and 1+ years working in a Biomedical Research firm.

Does anyone know how i can go about getting funding. Few graduate coords that I spoke with only mentioned that my GRE score and SOP will go a long way in determining if I will be admitted. I don't want to ruin the conversation by asking if I'll qualify for funding, because many grad coords did not even respond to my mail which discussed availability of funding.

Kindly help o, 'cos I've been on this issue since 2016.

walspring, Danjaninja, ponpon, justwise, lagosismyhome, sirriddy, aanexplus, quoran, RexCheeng, mfarad, drhopeful, Time2Smile, jaybiz007, et al.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ajibade105(m): 1:37am On Jul 20, 2018
Use Fundraising With GoFundMe, Na joke ooo. If you don't have someone to sponsor your education in the US /full assistantship before you leave 9ja. Abeg, no come ooo, just take chill pill(s) (no take overdose grin) until you get a full ride. Goodluck in your search

sandi301:
Hey. I just got admission to study MS in Analytics and Systems at School of Business, University of Bridgeport and I was offered $3,000 scholarship out of $17,000 tuition. Does anyone know how I can get sponsorship or assistantship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ramon92: 5:18am On Jul 20, 2018
Hello house, my interview was scheduled for July 30 but I got a mail it's been rescheduled for August 4th, which is a Saturday.

Does the embassy open or work on Saturdays? And who else got rescheduled?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by frankcobrown: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2018
i was not rescheduled but i got saturday too. i guess because of the peak period and too many request fir student visa couple with the fact dat fall semester start nxt mnth.

quote author=Ramon92 post=69538713]Hello house, my interview was scheduled for July 30 but I got a mail it's been rescheduled for August 4th, which is a Saturday.

Thanks [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:06am On Jul 20, 2018
Ramon92:
Hello house, my interview was scheduled for July 30 but I got a mail it's been rescheduled for August 4th, which is a Saturday.

Thanks

Yes ....Not this session but I seen previous transcript of a Saturday interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 6:43am On Jul 20, 2018
Tohlou:
When you say profile I’d like you to be specific Profile yapa
Lol, i mean GRE, GPA etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2018
haywhy28:
Hello everyone, my visa interview is in a week from now and I'm thinking of postponing it due to some very important reasons. I have paid for sevis and all. Although I'm yet to mail my school's grad studies coordinator for admission deferring, is it possible to shift/postpone my interview date till Dec? Do I have to pay for a new visa fee and sevis fee if I'm going to another school? Please how possible is this?

Someone should please help. i'd appreciate it if you can help me with the steps as well.

Thanks.

Someone should please respond. Help a brother please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 7:47am On Jul 20, 2018
Mention every good thing. Which school?

Osiokoye:
hello everyone, please if you get a scholarship of just $1,000 from the school, do you need to mention it during the interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by haywhizzy21(m): 8:34am On Jul 20, 2018
Walspring:

Just go there tomorrow with the passport photograph and is likely you will be sent back and they give second chance and you will be advised on what to do next so that your visa fee wont be a waste

Bro,,i need you to reply your mail please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.