Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914010 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hushee:
My first interview (5/12/2017)

Second interview (27/12/2017)

Almost the same with the first, the only difference was that the same guy that did my biometric interviewed me and he was nice until he looked shocked at something he saw on his screen. He also asked if i was married and i said no, he later asked "what of traditional marriage"?, I said no. He then said he couldn't approve me at that time, I asked him to tell me why but he said he's not allowed to do that. I just said thank you and I left.

My third and last interview (3/08/2018)

I decided to change my interview location to Abuja since there will be no time for me to travel to Lagos.

I got to the embassy by 10:07 for an appointment of 10:15

The embassy nearly empty right from the gate and we were like 10 on the queue, I was the last person.
While on the queue, the aged woman was interviewing a Nun who couldn't communicate well in English and after she called an interpreter to help her out, she told the Nun that she wouldn't approve cos if she approved her how will she be able to teach the American Children. But she later changed her mind when the Sister started replying her in English, the woman was too nice so I prayed to be interviewed by her but unfortunately I was called to window 8. I was interviewed by a white lady in her late twenties.

Vo- pass me your documents

Me- OK, good morning Ma'am (no reply)

Vo- Why Stephen F Austin State University

Me- Apart from the fact that I was given an Out of state tuition waiver, the opportunity to work with professor Joey Bray who is a top researcher in the field of poultry science played a major role in my decision. I also spoke with some current students who told me about the structure of the program and tge internship opportunities available at the school, this internship period will provide me with the necessary skills I need when I come back to Nigeria to establish my own farm.
Then she typed for about 15secs

Vo- What did you study at the university?

Me- B.Agric Animal Nutrition

Vo-Who is paying?

Me- My mother and I also got an out of state tuition waiver

Vo- ok

She then typed for like 10secs and gave me the pink paper, and said those terrible words. I was shocked as she barely asked any question.

Me- But why, this is my third time. Why not tell me what is wrong?

Vo- the paper will explain it to you, I've made my decision.

Na so I shake my head and take my L in peace before those security go come disgrace me out.

Thanks to everyone that have been supportive all these years, for your advice and encouragements especially the entire God's own scholar crew, lagosismyhome, walspring, texrem, and others that I can't remember. It's just unfortunate that it ended this way.

Moments like this makes you wonder if God really has a hand in this visa thing but I believe he has some bigger plans for me.

Sorry to.see this .... some days it just not that day

But when the door opens it opens big. Don't worry, just remain focus in life , hard work and continue chasing your dream. It will surely come to pass . Stay well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hushee:

Yes, why did you ask?

Okay. Its because of the questions they asked you. Wanted to know what you chose as marital status while filling the ds160 form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by xkunzo(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
Thanks for the reply ,which relation course can you suggest or university that offer related cos with no gre/gmat for Phd

presiade:

Well, I don't know of any university that offers this course grin tongue. I wish you well haha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osiokoye: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Congratulations!!!
Ekebs:
Brothers and Sisters, finally I received my passport with F-1 visa on it. Believe me, it wasn’t easy, but I give God all the Glory.
After fasting, praising and praying to God for 2 weeks, I went for the interview on 16th of July, 2018 at the US embassy in Abuja. Time allotted to me was 7.30am but I was there before 7am. After all the security check, I took my time, used the restroom before going in grin. After the biometrics, I joined the queue. I was interviewed by the “not too young lady”, and she was so nice to me. See my Transcript below:

Me: Good morning Ma
VO: Good morning, can I have your passport and I-20.
Me: Brought it out and passed it to her
VO: I can see you are going to Prairie View A & M University?
Me: Yes Ma
VO: I can see you are going to study Engineering?
Me: Yes Ma, with concentration in Environmental Engineering
VO: why Environmental Engineering?
Me: Because Environment is the only life support system given to mankind by the creature. I am from the Niger Delta region where we have a lot of oil spills due to oil exploration and exploitation. Currently, we have black soot problem all over the city. I studied Agricultural Engineering in my ist degree and it helped me to understand the concept and importance of the environment. Courses like Land use, land reclamation, land reuse, salination, and soil conservation are all environmental related courses of agricultural engineering. So I am going to learn how to use engineering principles in solving environmental challenges. Globally, the world has shifted… (VO cuts in, you don’t need to tell me much about the environment, I know it all). That time I know say wetin I talk make sense sha… smiley
VO: When did you graduate from the University?
Me: December 2015. After that, I went for one year NYSC from May 2016 to April 2017, after that I started work with XYZ Company from May 2017 up to date, there I am in charge of the Environmental Impact Assessment, I supervise on-going projects awarded to the company, I write milestone report, I am in charge of Environmental researches and also I supervise erosion and flood-affected sites. The woman was nodding and typing…
VO: What were you doing before going for your NYSC?
Me: I was doing a volunteer work at my Uncle’s organization at XYZ Company
VO: Do you mean that you finished your NYSC in April 2017 and immediately you got a job in May, 2017.
Me: Yes ma, what happened was that doing my Volunteer work at my Uncle’s organization, I met the MD of the Company I’m currently working with and he asked me to resume work with them after my NYSC. She was busy typing o, and I was busy calling on God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to come to my rescue.
VO: How many Schools did you apply to?
Me: 4, Texas A & M, Louisiana University, Temple University and Prairie A & M University.
VO: Why PVAMU?
Me: My undergraduate supervisor who was my project supervisor did a research in the University so he strongly recommended the school to me.
VO: Did you write GRE?
Me: No ma, It was waived as per initial requirement, but the school said I will write it in my first semester because they use to save it in their database. She nodded her head. I was still calling on the Holy Spirit…
VO: Who is so so person (that’s the name of my sponsor)
Me: He’s my uncle.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a civil engineer, and works with the .... company
VO: Can I see his bank statement.
Me: I passed it to her; the bank statement has a closing balance of over $60k. Just about 5lines of 1page.
VO: We normally require 6months bank statement, but what you have here is 3months. She brought out yellow paper, checked that I should submit my International passport, 6+ months bank statement of the person paying and letter of support to DHL office she circled. She continued, if found fraudulent, you will be banned from entering the US for 10years. She said I will be placed on AP.
Me: In affirmation, yes ma.

And that was it o. I left happy, with a smiling face, at least en better pass blue paper… lol
I flew back to Port Harcourt that evening. I submitted the required documents at Port Harcourt DHL on the 17th July, it got to the embassy on the 18th July, my case was updated on the 20th of July, 25th of July, and finally 1st of August and it was issued on the 2nd of August, and today the 3rd of August, I picked up my passport. Brothers and sisters, It’s not easy to be placed on AP for over two weeks o grin cheesy, High BP fit catch person o… lol

IT WAS GOD WHO DID IT. I GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY.
Special thanks to the wonderful people on this platform. Blessings!!!
Thank you osiokoye, lalahhh, for your encouragement and prayers; judgepelumi, I pray they issue yours soon.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
xkunzo:

Thanks for the reply ,which relation course can you suggest or university that offer related cos with no gre/gmat for Phd

PhD you need GRE or Gmat for admission is what they been trying to tell you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abimbolar: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
sureb0yy:

Thanks. Been a while I saw you on my BBM. Hope all is well?

sureb0yy. I wan ask you some questions if you no mind. Sent you a pm request. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
thirdpage:

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

However, got concerns around some of your comments.

2&3: As much as I believe God has a place in everything I do, I've seen people who are pagans/atheist getting visas. You sounded like a prophet here telling people how and when to pray towards interviews. No one can deceive God! People should do whatever they believe in.

6: Are you saying if someone is younger than you, you shouldn't respect the person? And because you are in Nigeria every foreigner {even those under a consulate} must respect you first before you reciprocate. This is a wrong mindset. Respect is not functioned on location, age or skin colour.

7: Americans generally don't like the sir or ma thing. Irrespective of age. At least I've seen that based on the numbers I've worked with. A VO greeting you first and you not doing that, is not mind game, courtesy demands that you greet when you get to a place or respond to the greetings!

Bottom line NL guys... Do whatever works best for you. That someone else did not greet the VO doesn't mean you shouldn't. Some VOs may get a wrong first impression of you when you don't respond to their greeting.

Cheers!

I was going to make a comment on his points 6 & 7. You have said it all.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sospunky: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Amen....thanks man.

[1quote author=Knight1990 post=69991442]

Oh brother, good luck to you! I hope you get a VO that will be willing to listen to what you have to say![/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hushee:

Baba not really, it's almost the same. There will surely be changes before i decide to go back next time.
Don't make any 'major' change. Let's touch base please.
I'm sure you will get it next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hill55: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
congrats ekebs, please do you bear the same surname with your uncle thats sponsoring you on the account statement?

Ekebs:
Brothers and Sisters, finally I received my passport with F-1 visa on it. Believe me, it wasn’t easy, but I give God all the Glory.
After fasting, praising and praying to God for 2 weeks, I went for the interview on 16th of July, 2018 at the US embassy in Abuja. Time allotted to me was 7.30am but I was there before 7am. After all the security check, I took my time, used the restroom before going in grin. After the biometrics, I joined the queue. I was interviewed by the “not too young lady”, and she was so nice to me. See my Transcript below:

Me: Because Environment is the only life support system given to mankind by the creature. I am from the Niger Delta region where we have a lot of oil spills due to oil exploration and exploitation. Currently, we have black soot problem all over the city. I studied Agricultural Engineering in my ist degree and it helped me to understand the concept and importance of the environment. Courses like Land use, land reclamation, land reuse, salination, and soil conservation are all environmental related courses of agricultural engineering. So I am going to learn how to use engineering principles in solving environmental challenges. Globally, the world has shifted… (VO cuts in, you don’t need to tell me much about the environment, I know it all). That time I know say wetin I talk make sense sha… smiley
Me: December 2015. After that, I went for one year NYSC from May 2016 to April 2017, after that I started work with XYZ Company from May 2017 up to date, there I am in charge of the Environmental Impact Assessment, I supervise on-going projects awarded to the company, I write milestone report, I am in charge of Environmental researches and also I supervise erosion and flood-affected sites. The woman was nodding and typing…
VO: Do you mean that you finished your NYSC in April 2017 and immediately you got a job in May, 2017.
Me: Yes ma, what happened was that doing my Volunteer work at my Uncle’s organization, I met the MD of the Company I’m currently working with and he asked me to resume work with them after my NYSC. She was busy typing o, and I was busy calling on God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to come to my rescue.
Me: 4, Texas A & M, Louisiana University, Temple University and Prairie A & M University.
Me: My undergraduate supervisor who was my project supervisor did a research in the University so he strongly recommended the school to me.
Me: No ma, It was waived as per initial requirement, but the school said I will write it in my first semester because they use to save it in their database. She nodded her head. I was still calling on the Holy Spirit…
Me: I passed it to her; the bank statement has a closing balance of over $60k. Just about 5lines of 1page.
VO: We normally require 6months bank statement, but what you have here is 3months. She brought out yellow paper, checked that I should submit my International passport, 6+ months bank statement of the person paying and letter of support to DHL office she circled. She continued, if found fraudulent, you will be banned from entering the US for 10years. She said I will be placed on AP.

And that was it o. I left happy, with a smiling face, at least en better pass blue paper… lol
I flew back to Port Harcourt that evening. I submitted the required documents at Port Harcourt DHL on the 17th July, it got to the embassy on the 18th July, my case was updated on the 20th of July, 25th of July, and finally 1st of August and it was issued on the 2nd of August, and today the 3rd of August, I picked up my passport. Brothers and sisters, It’s not easy to be placed on AP for over two weeks o grin cheesy, High BP fit catch person o… lol

Thank you osiokoye, lalahhh, for your encouragement and prayers; judgepelumi, I pray they issue yours soon.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RexCheeng: 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2018

18th of July, 2018
The US Embassy in Lagos at Walter Carrington.

My appointment was for 6:30am so I got there before 6. In spite of the rain and chilly weather, I managed to hustle my way to the front of the queue. Did the necessary biometrics and then joined the queue, waiting to be interviewed. As an avid follower of this thread, I had heard gists about the belligerent African-American VO, and I was on the lookout for her. She approved 2 people I knew personally and denied several others from the transcript I saw here. I was hoping not to meet her, but then, I wasn’t scared of her. My confidence was high. I even initiated conversations with the CGI officials and another person on the queue.

I was number four on the line. After a few minutes (what seemed like forever). The VO’s in sight were ready and they were calling on the applicants. A distant voice at Window 2 called out and I went.

Lo and behold, the infamous dark skinned VO. She gave me a super straight look throughout the interview and kept on interrupting even before I completed my statements.

VO: Pass your i20 and your passport
Rex: <Passes> Good morning
VO: So, why are you going for this course?
Rex: Well, there’s so much potential in terms of the availability of renewable energy sources in Nigeria, yet, we're still generating less than 8,000 MW when we should be generating over 180,000 MW. The knowledge of smart grids will equip me with the skills and knowledge I need to exploit the opportunity when I come back to Nigeria.
VO: Okay. Why are you interested in Smart Grids?
Rex: I find Smart Grids part…
VO: Don’t worry. How many schools did you apply to?
Rex: 5
VO: Why did you choose the one you’re going to?
Rex: The major reason why I chose this school was because it offered me an opportunity to carry out research in the area of smart grids with Prof. Junhui Zhao. I will serve as a research assistant in his Smart Grid and Renewable Energy lab and I wil…
VO: Did you take any tests?
Rex: Yes, I did GRE and TOEFL. I ha…
VO: Can I see your scores?
Rex: Passes it
VO: What would this degree do for you?
Rex: A master's degree will help me in my quest to become a professor of electrical engineering at RexCheeng's University as a master's degree is a prerequisite to become a lecturer over there.
It will also equip me with the skills and pragmatic knowledge of smart grids and large scale renewable energy integration- an important area considering the potential benefits Nigeria's power sector stands to enjoy.
VO: Who’s sponsoring you?
Rex: In addition to the scholarship I got, my mum will be sponsoring me
VO: What does she do?
Rex: She’s the manager of RexCheeng ventures
VO: Do you have a bank statement to prove that she can sponsor you?
Rex: Yes I do. Passes it
VO: Types. Scans. Okay, do you know other countries she’s been to outside Africa?
Rex: Yes. Names it
VO: *Types for long* Talks about Putting me on A.P.
Eventually, I got denied even though my document was legit. I lost hope of going for Fall 2018 again until a miracle just occurred and I was able to get an expedited appointment.

3rd of August, The US Embassy at Abuja, Diplomatic Drive.
Appointment was for 10am. Go there a few minutes to 10. The embassy was relatively more organized than and not as rowdy as Lagos.
Was interviewed by the super nice white guy.
Rex: Good morning, I love your Ankara.
VO: Looks askance at me. Please pass your documents.
Rex: <passes>
VO: So, why are you going to the US?
Rex: I’m going to get my master’s degree at the University of New Haven in Connecticut. I will be specializing in Smart Grids and Large Scale Renewable Energy integration into the grid.
VO: Can you name the professor you’ll be working with.
Rex: I’ll be working with Professor Junhui Zhao at the Smart Grids Lab, and this lab is supported by Prof. Emad Manla. Although he’s an adjunct prof. I will be under the supervision of Prof Ali Golbazi, who happens to be the graduate program chair for electrical and electronics department.
VO: When did you get your BSc?
Rex: in November 2016.
VO: Where?
Rex: The University of Lagos
VO: Oh. Unilag?
Rex: Yes. The best university in Nigeria. <Gives a sheepish smile>
VO: <Forced straight face> Who sponsored you in Unilag?
Rex: My mum. And I also got some external scholarships as an undergraduate.
VO: So why do you think you were denied in your last interview? And what has changed?
Rex: I remember that the last thing the former VO asked was relating to my sponsor, so I guess she felt that it wouldn’t suffice. So I approached my uncle who works at CheengRex International to also serve as my sponsor.
VO: Errrr. But from your i20, the scholarship seems to cover a very significant portion. Why do you think you even need your mum to sponsor you?
Rex: That’s also what I thought. But the interviewer didn’t agree earlier, so I just wanted to make sure there’s no lapses.
VO: <Types> Give me a moment.
Rex: Comes back with bunch of white papers
VO: So, I will not be collecting your documents, if you don't live extravagently, you should be fine during your stay in the United States. Listen carefully, this document will explain what you should do when you get to the US. This would explain how you’ll pick up your passport in 3 working days. When are you to resume school?
Rex: August 22
VO: Ok. You still have time. All the best in your studies.

I salute the veterans here! You all made it possible. Tolatof! You're a G! Texrem, thank you!!! Your stories, insight, experiences, are invaluable. Finally, I get Imperiouxx’s beer and Lagosismyhome’s “God bless your new journey.”
To all those who have been denied once; I feel your pain. Sometimes, you might be very well prepared but you just end up unlucky. Please, keep hope alive. Do what is expedient and hope for the best. And the God factor cannot be overemphasized. I never thought I would be saying this but I prayed more than I prepared when I was going for my second interview. Its true that Atheists get visas, pastors and imams get denied (A nun almost got denied while I was waiting). I’m not going to try to explain Leonardo Mlodinow’s Drunkard’s Walk here. Ultimately, you’ll do what works for you and if it pans out, we congratulate you.

Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerte!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
RexCheeng:
18th of July, 2018
The US Embassy in Lagos at Walter Carrington.

My appointment was for 6:30am so I got there before 6. In spite of the rain and chilly weather, I managed to hustle my way to the front of the queue. Did the necessary biometrics and then joined the queue, waiting to be interviewed. As an avid follower of this thread, I had heard gists about the belligerent African-American VO, and I was on the lookout for her. She approved 2 people I knew personally and denied several others from the transcript I saw here. I was hoping not to meet her, but then, I wasn’t scared of her. My confidence was high. I even initiated conversations with the CGI officials and another person on the queue.

I was number four on the line. After a few minutes (what seemed like forever). The VO’s in sight were ready and they were calling on the applicants. A distant voice at Window 2 called out and I went.

Lo and behold, the infamous dark skinned VO. She gave me a super straight look throughout the interview and kept on interrupting even before I completed my statements.

VO: Pass your i20 and your passport
Rex: <Passes> Good morning
VO: So, why are you going for this course?
Rex: Well, there’s so much potential in terms of the availability of renewable energy sources in Nigeria, yet, we're still generating less than 8,000 MW when we should be generating over 180,000 MW. The knowledge of smart grids will equip me with the skills and knowledge I need to exploit the opportunity when I come back to Nigeria.
VO: Okay. Why are you interested in Smart Grids?
Rex: I find Smart Grids part…
VO: Don’t worry. How many schools did you apply to?
Rex: 5
VO: Why did you choose the one you’re going to?
Rex: The major reason why I chose this school was because it offered me an opportunity to carry out research in the area of smart grids with Prof. Junhui Zhao. I will serve as a research assistant in his Smart Grid and Renewable Energy lab and I wil…
VO: Did you take any tests?
Rex: Yes, I did GRE and TOEFL. I ha…
VO: Can I see your scores?
Rex: Passes it
VO: What would this degree do for you?
Rex: A master's degree will help me in my quest to become a professor of electrical engineering at RexCheeng's University as a master's degree is a prerequisite to become a lecturer over there.
It will also equip me with the skills and pragmatic knowledge of smart grids and large scale renewable energy integration- an important area considering the potential benefits Nigeria's power sector stands to enjoy.
VO: Who’s sponsoring you?
Rex: In addition to the scholarship I got, my mum will be sponsoring me
VO: What does she do?
Rex: She’s the manager of RexCheeng ventures
VO: Do you have a bank statement to prove that she can sponsor you?
Rex: Yes I do. Passes it
VO: Types. Scans. Okay, do you know other countries she’s been to outside Africa?
Rex: Yes. Names it
VO: *Types for long* Talks about Putting me on A.P.
Eventually, I got denied even though my document was legit. I lost hope of going for Fall 2018 again until a miracle just occurred and I was able to get an expedited appointment.

3rd of August, The US Embassy at Abuja, Diplomatic Drive.
Appointment was for 10am. Go there a few minutes to 10. The embassy was relatively more organized than and not as rowdy as Lagos.
Was interviewed by the super nice white guy.
Rex: Good morning, I love your Ankara.
VO: Looks askance at me. Please pass your documents.
Rex: <passes>
VO: So, why are you going to the US?
Rex: I’m going to get my master’s degree at the University of New Haven in Connecticut. I will be specializing in Smart Grids and Large Scale Renewable Energy integration into the grid.
VO: Can you name the professor you’ll be working with.
Rex: I’ll be working with Professor Junhui Zhao at the Smart Grids Lab, and this lab is supported by Prof. Emad Manla. Although he’s an adjunct prof. I will be under the supervision of Prof Ali Golbazi, who happens to be the graduate program chair for electrical and electronics department.
VO: When did you get your BSc?
Rex: in November 2016.
VO: Where?
Rex: The University of Lagos
VO: Oh. Unilag?
Rex: Yes. The best university in Nigeria. <Gives a sheepish smile>
VO: <Forced straight face> Who sponsored you in Unilag?
Rex: My mum. And I also got some external scholarships as an undergraduate.
VO: So why do you think you were denied in your last interview? And what has changed?
Rex: I remember that the last thing the former VO asked was relating to my sponsor, so I guess she felt that it wouldn’t suffice. So I approached my uncle who works at CheengRex International to also serve as my sponsor.
VO: Errrr. But from your i20, the scholarship seems to cover a very significant portion. Why do you think you even need your mum to sponsor you?
Rex: That’s also what I thought. But the interviewer didn’t agree earlier, so I just wanted to make sure there’s no lapses.
VO: So, I will not be collecting your documents, if you don't live extravagently, you should be fine during your stay in the United States. Listen carefully, this document will explain what you should do when you get to the US. This would explain how you’ll pick up your passport in 3 working days. When are you to resume school?
Rex: August 22
VO: Ok. You still have time. All the best in your studies.

I salute the veterans here! You all made it possible. Tolatof! You're a G! Texrem, thank you!!! Your stories, insight, experiences, are invaluable. Finally, I get Imperiouxx’s beer and Lagosismyhome’s “God bless your new journey.”
To all those who have been denied once; I feel your pain. Sometimes, you might be very well prepared but you just end up unlucky. Please, keep hope alive. Do what is expedient and hope for the best. And the God factor cannot be overemphasized. I never thought I would be saying this but I prayed more than I prepared when I was going for my second interview. Its true that Atheists get visas, pastors and imams get denied (A nun almost got denied while I was waiting). I’m not going to try to explain Leonardo Mlodinow’s Drunkard’s Walk here. Ultimately, you’ll do what works for you and if it pans out, we congratulate you.

Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerte!

love the transcript , read it with a smile ...... never give up , if that what you want . Go back and go strong

Congrats yes you get double..... God bless your new journey and God bless you real good grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RexCheeng: 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

love the transcript , read it with a smile ...... never give up , if that what you want . Go back and go strong

Congrats yes you get double..... God bless your new journey and God bless you real good grin grin
grin grin grin AMEN
Thank you so so so much! You're doing a terrific job!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheGrandChemist(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
RexCheeng:

You could imagine the VO saying you don't even need a sponsor to cover any expenses, hence didn't see the need to collect your documents for administrative processing. Whereas, on the other hand, the first VO requested for your sponsor's statement, even after seeing that your assistantship was good enough. As if that was not enough, she still thought that your sponsor's statement was not good enough as a support, hence your denial. SMH.

This just goes to show that the outcome of a visa interview sometimes is not hinged on your performance. Sometimes, it may just depend on the VO you are interviewing with.

That is why I just shake my head in disgust when some guys come here to boast unnecessarily after they had secured a visa approval.

I love your tenacity, man.

Congratulations.

Cheers

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Congrats... and yes Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta! grin grin this reminds me of the good old days in the University grin grin grin

Go and succeed and be careful of those Americans Aluta E wink

[quote author=RexCheeng post=70012310][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by stalone001: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
tonasibe:
Visa Transcript
VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning .
VO: pass me your i20.
ME: Passed the documents.
VO: What are you going to do in the United States?
ME: I'm going for a doctorate degree in Pharmaceutical Science at the University of Oklahoma Health Science center
VO: I see...Tell me about your academic background
ME: I hold a Bachelors of Pharmacy degree
VO: When did you graduate?
ME: 2015, then did the mandatory one year internship to become a licensed pharmacist before going for NYSC which I completed in November last year. I started working in a community pharmacy in February.
VO: So you're a licensed pharmacist
ME: Yes.
VO: Cool. I see you've full funding from the grad pharmacy department. Why do you think they offered you this
ME: I would say my CGPA, Research work and the 30- minute Skype interview I had with the faculty members.
VO: Still staring at me
ME: Then perhaps my GRE and TOEFL scores too .
VO: Cool. What are your plans after the program
ME: I'll be coming back to work with NIPRD in Abuja.
VO: I hope you've personal funds apart from the funding.
ME: Yes, I do.
VO: Your Personal account? Parents? Uncle?
ME: Smiles... Personal savings
VO: I'll be approving your visa.

Please i want to ask you some question.Here is my email
stalone001@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nitta08(f): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2018

Congratulations RexCheeng.
Thank God you pulled through.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MasterforceII: 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2018

Congratulations brother! All's well that ends well. Enjoy your stay in America. Rooting for you.

#Fall2018 #YesYouDid

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by haywhizzy21(m): 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
Orlaboday:
I have been a silent follower of this great platform and I had my interview on Saturday 4th August, 2018. I believe it’s only right for me to give back to prospective students/F1 visa applicants.

I got to Walter Carlington at 7:30am, interview time was meant to be for 9:30am (I had to arrive that early because I get paranoid when I’m running late or have to rush).
My siblings had to park far away from the embassy and as I had to wait another 2hrs+ before the interview time, I felt tensed because of the long wait and as I sensed it was about to get to me, I had to walk around the parking area and squat a bit just to get the tension off me and to also get myself ready and confident.
Left the park for the embassy at 9:00am and on getting to the embassy, to my surprise applicants for 9:30am have been passed in. My head was about to spin again but fortunately the man who was in charge came out and said all those with appointment time 7:30am to 10:30am should line up and we were gradually passed in.

We had to do the normal documentation and verification process and then the long wait again under the pavilion. Eventually, we got going and it was time to go to the main building for the interview proper.

It was a big crowd as the hall was crowded to its brim. I was passed to a black lady who requested for my I-20 and Passport, returned it back after some minutes and I was directed to go for the fingerprint.
Afterwards, I had to join a waiting queue to be directed to the different VOs/windows.

I was eventually directed to window 6, a white young lady.

VO - Good morning
Me - Good morning!
VO - Pass your passport and your I-20
Me - I did as told
VO - Where are you going to?
Me - Southern Illinois University Edwardsville for a Masters in History and a major in African History
VO - How many schools did you apply to?
Me - 4 schools. In addition to SIUe, I applied to Illinois State University, Cleveland State University and Wright State University
VO - How many admits?
Me - I got admitted to all except Wright State University
VO - So tell me what you know about SIUe
Me - This kind of caught me by surprise but I responded quickly by saying SIUe is located in Edwardsville, Illinois and it was established in 1957 as a sister University to Southern Illinois University Carbondale
VO - That’s okay! So why did you choose SIUe?
Me - I chose SIUe because the History Department has done more research on the civilizations in Africa than the other schools and this is also my area of research interest. In addition, I was offered a full tuition waiver and a graduate assistantship
VO - What would your research be about?
Me - The influence of the Bantu civilization and migration on other African states
VO - Oh interesting! I know a little about the Bantu civilization. So how much research have you done on it?
Me - I haven’t done much research on it, I however have the advantage of working with professors who have done extensive research on the civilizations in Africa
VO - I see you have an assistantship as well. What will you be doing as a GA?
Me - I will assist a professor in taking an undergraduate class. I will also be in charge of grading papers and assignments and some other office duties that will be assigned to me when I get to Edwardsville
VO - You said you worked as a research assistant in Helsinki. What was it about?
Me - It was a EU-funded project aimed at understanding the difficulties highly educated immigrants face in getting jobs in their expertise in Finland
VO - Did you study in Finland as well?
Me - Yes (wrong answer - so I corrected myself) I told her no I didn’t study in Finland. I however studied in a neighboring country to Finland
VO - So who paid for your education there?
Me - My Dad but (I said something worthless afterwards)
VO - Are you married?
Me - No, I am not!
VO - Kids?
Me - No, I don’t have any kids
VO - Okay (while stretching her hand to get the white paper) So you will get your passport at this location (she circled it) in 3/4 working days. Ensure you take your I-20 with you as you’ll be requested to show it at the POE
Me - Thank you
VO - Do have a nice day!

Profile:
BA - History & International Studies (2:1)
MA - International Relations & European-Asian Studies
IELTS - 7.5
I got full funding to SIUe and partial funding to Illinois State University
Travel History - I have lived in Europe for the past 5yrs and still have a valid residence permit. I have also traveled to Egypt, the UK, Ireland, Sweden (I am not sure how much of this counted)

I had a 14hr flight from Helsinki to Lagos on the 2nd-3rd August, a day to my interview and I didn’t get a proper sleep (anxiety coupled with the jetlag)

Big shout out and thanks to @Shayhune✌��� and to everyone who has contributed positively on this page!

Waoo,, that means ur going for ur second masters ....I use to think this is a reg flag ,well u were able to defend urslef...congrats...enjoy....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Imustreturn(m): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please brethren what's the difference btwn this.two nursing courses?

University of Alabama

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
Orlaboday:
I have been a silent follower of this great platform and I had my interview on Saturday 4th August, 2018. I believe it’s only right for me to give back to prospective students/F1 visa applicants.

Thanks for giving back ...

Congrats ... God bless your new journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
Imustreturn:
Please brethren what's the difference btwn this.two nursing courses?

University of Alabama

RN to BSN is for people who are already nurses and want Bachelous in Nursing. In america after 2 years in a community college you can be Registered nurse (RNs) .

Nursing BSN I guess is the four year straight path of been a nurse with a Bsc and not a nurse with associate degree like above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hazvat(f): 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
Congratulations ekebs. I also apply to same school for Masters but yet to receive i20. Pls is it still possible to get my i20 before July 25 and probably get an appointment date? [qquote author=Ekebs post=69956210]Brothers and Sisters, finally I received my passport with F-1 visa on it. Believe me, it wasn’t easy, but I give God all the Glory.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 30watts: 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please I may not be able to enter the US before my program start date what can I do. I can only enter the US before classes begin.

Abeg SOS!!!!!!, has anyone had this issue in the past. The white paper I received read that one cannot enter the US after the program start date but classes only begin a week after.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
No approval transcript angry

30watts:
Please I may not be able to enter the US before my program start date what can I do. I can only enter the US before classes begin.

Abeg SOS!!!!!!, has anyone had this issue in the past. The white paper I received read that one cannot enter the US after the program start date but classes only begin a week after.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Imustreturn(m): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

RN to BSN is for people who are already nurses and want Bachelous in Nursing. In america after 2 years in a community college you can be Registered nurse (RNs) .

Nursing BSN I guess is the four year straight path of been a nurse with a Bsc and not a nurse with associate degree like above
thank so much ma'am.

Want to start with the application already. Any challenge on the way will get to you.. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
Imustreturn:
thank you ma'am. But can the result I posted get her full scholarship?

i dont know much about the new SAT scoring , but the WAEC looks good. Throw in some of the HBCU like Howard , Lincoln and some others. They tend to give full ride scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Imustreturn(m): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
LagosismyHome:

i dont know much about the new SAT scoring , but the WAEC looks good. Throw in some of the HBCU like Howard , Lincoln and some others. They tend to give full ride scholarship
OK ma'am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James1997: 10:07pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please my interview is on the 13th of this month please my problem is that my bank statements is expired on 15 of May I don't know if that will affect my chance my dad is a busy man he doesn't have time to go to bank for update one please I need reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
James1997:
Please my interview is on the 13th of this month please my problem is that my bank statements is expired on 15 of May I don't know if that will affect my chance my dad is a busy man he doesn't have time to go to bank for update one please I need reply
What are you saying? if you are trying to say you printed your soa 15th of may and you feel it wont be accepted in the embassy the good news is that it hasnt exceeded 6months.They wont deny you a visa because of that it is left for the vo who is gonna interview you to request for a more recent statement then placs you on AP.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 4peace4: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
30watts:

Bros you got your visa and you didn't bother posting your transcript or a simple "visa approved today" then you are here asking yamahyamah question hope you know thunder! is real?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Imustreturn(m): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
Truman state university

Auburn University Montgomery

Please how legit are this schools above?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.