Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,033 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913520 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
gbollytee:

Yes. Issued since 19th DEc
well you can call the consulate using the contact at ustraveldocs and also if you are close to to your delivery location, you can just simply go there and make further enquiries, perhaps , your passport is already there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbollytee(m): 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
goodemma20:
well you can call the consulate using the contact at ustraveldocs and also if you are close to to your delivery location, you can just simply go there and make further enquiries, perhaps , your passport is already there.
Thanks. I'll do that. Meanwhile, how do i talk to a representative. It seems like you can only follow the voice prompts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by temitope2598: 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
abeeolars:
Unfortunately Qatar didnt give us the accommodation they promised, they said the hotels in the airport where fully booked, and it will take 8hrs to issue us a transit visa to go outside the airport. Our flight was about 9hrs from Lagos to Doha.

This is probably one of the disadvantages of booking via a travel agency or third party. I booked and paid for my ticket directly from the airline.

I flew Qatar about a week ago too. My stopover was for approximately 9hours. I got a very nice hotel in the city, got my transit visa stamp and transportation to the hotel all done in less than 2hours.
There were more than 10 hotels in the city provided by the airline apart from the airport hotels.

We were all picked up 3hours before our connecting flight the next morning. I think it's safer to book directly from the airline especially in the case of a long stopover.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
gbollytee:

Thanks. I'll do that. Meanwhile, how do i talk to a representative. It seems like you can only follow the voice prompts.
Baba you never call MTN customer care before?, just wait until it asks if you want to speak to a representative and click the corresponding number.Also make sure you have enough airtime.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
kolly4gunn:
Hi guys pls i need list of america university that can accept hnd for masters

Google “list Of US Universities that can accept HND for master’s”

You’re most welcome.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Geedhey(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
goodemma20:
oh, I have been very busy lately, I'll respond right away
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kolly4gunn: 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Google “list Of US Universities that can accept HND for master’s”

You’re most welcome.

Bro i don try and check google but i didnt see the right link
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ladson: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kolly4gunn: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
abeeolars:
Thank you all my good friends and to everyone who posted their transcripts and experiences for others to learn from. I got in few hours ago. The weather in texas feels great at the moment. I also met two nairalanders in my plane. Tosin kept my company during our stop over at Doha. We spent the new year cross over together. A very beautiful and down to heart kinda ladym Unfortunately Qatar didnt give us the accommodation they promised, they said the hotels in the airport where fully booked, and it will take 8hrs to issue us a transit visa to go outside the airport. Our flight was about 9hrs from Lagos to Doha.

My connecting flight was to Houston while hers was to Chicago. I met Sam, the 2nd nairalander in this flight which was 14 hours from Doha to Houston. We hope to visit the town later today.

Anyone in south west texas? Pm me.

All the best to those planning to come here too. If you need any help, I will be glad to assist if I can. Cheers

Bro how far i meed to ask you question let talk on whatsapp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sanctus1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
please can an international student be given admission for summer 2018? heard the best time for international admission is during fall or spring session.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lucasinho(m): 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2018
ismuaalah:
Been a silent follower, Visa approved today at lagos embassy .....transcript loading....it was a long discussion!!!! I will post it when I pick up my passport
wow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
Goodday....
please I need urgent answer to this....
I only see people here talking about Fall or spring session.
Does that mean that you can't get your visa approved when going for Summer section?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbollytee(m): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
goodemma20:
Baba you never call MTN customer care before?, just wait until it asks if you want to speak to a representative and click the corresponding number.Also make sure you have enough airtime.
That option isn't there. I called many times o. No be today i dey call myn customer care now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
brightdocare:
Goodday....
please I need urgent answer to this....
I only see people here talking about Fall or spring session.
Does that mean that you can't get your visa approved when going for Summer section?
No you can. Most people apply for Fall because funding is more available in Fall however as a masters student very few schools (If not None) will admit you for summer because most schools dont offer masters course credit in summer, while you can only do research credit as a Phd student in Summer and no course credit. As an undergraduate student, you can take some course credits in Summer, so in summary, if you have an i20 that stats summers; you are good to go. Cc Sanctus1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
Adesire1:
Hello house! I have a masters degree but thinking of going for another masters in the same course which is special Education with specialization in speech pathology.. reason is because there are some courses that are not available in Nigeria that were not taught which I intend to complete in the Usa . My question is if the second masters will not pose a red flag at the embassy, if yes ,is it advisable to go for a PhD considering the fact that there are some courses I need to take before admission.
Another thing is ...can i apply to schools without GRE?
Lastly ...is it advisable to go with children on a study visa? Thank you.....
Thank God you answered your first question yourself already. Your best and resonable option is the Phd. And yes you can go with your kids if you have proof of funds to support them on an F2 visa. Whether or not you can apply with GRE depends on your school requirement, however PHD Admission is competitive and it's going to be more competitive now withcut in research funding by the US government, so you need to think it through and be thorough with your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
omoluabiguy:

I’m sure you were the guy we were all advising sometime about applying for an associate degree in a community college sometime while you are being adamant about it. Now you had to open a new moniker to seek for advise after reality has dawned on you.
Like an adamant and careless person that you are, you are still arguing with someone who is giving you a tangible advise talking about you seeing phd holders going for bachelors and he should give you other points.

Let me tell you something, you need to go and work on yourself really! You have a lot of sh&ts to get right about your attitude and approach towards life. I know you would come for me, but Someday somehow, you’ll remember someone told you this.

All the best

Happy new year bro...you made a very huge mistake...Am the guy your referring to am yet to apply...and am going for an undergraduate program.

why will I open a new moniker?
I appreciate your advice and I really understand where your coming from and I have considered so many things..Am leaving community colleges not cause you said so...but because I don't want to have any loopholes in my application. people with genuine intention and well stated reasons can still get a visa with the community college.

according to the V.O thread on F1 visa..I was made to understand that applying to community collage is never red flag as long as the school can issue an i20...and you are able to meet up the requirements..you will get your visa
thanks and Don't say something you not sure of next time so you don't get to accuse someone wrongly...For your mind your prophecy really came to past.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omoluabiguy: 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
Niv25:

Happy new year bro...you made a very huge mistake...Am the guy your referring to am yet to apply...and am going for an undergraduate program.

I appreciate your advice and I really understand where your coming from and I have considered so many things..Am leaving community colleges not cause you said so...but because I don't want to have any loopholes in my application. people with genuine intention and well stated reasons can still get a visa with the community college.

according to the V.O thread on F1 visa..I was made to understand that applying to community collage is never red flag as long as the school can issue an i20...and you are able to meet up the requirements..you will get your visa
thanks and Don't say something you not sure of next time so you don't get to accuse someone wrongly...For your mind your prophecy really came to past.

You can deceive yourself all you want! The earlier you listen to advises, the better for you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
femi312:
No you can. Most people apply for Fall because funding is more available in Fall however as a masters student very few schools (If not None) will admit you for summer because most schools dont offer masters course credit in summer, while you can only do research credit as a Phd student in Summer and no course credit. As an undergraduate student, you can take some course credits in Summer, so in summary, if you have an i20 that stats summers; you are good to go. Cc Sanctus1

Thanks bro........I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
Niv25:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aphrodite007(f): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
kolly4gunn:

Bro i don try and check google but i didnt see the right link

Ok so this. Look for schools that offer the course you intend to do. Pick 5 schools that have 60% acceptance rate and above. Mail these schools’ administrators to ask if you can apply with a HND.

kindly put your response here to help people that may have a similar problem. Oh and I hope your GP is strong o, Cos I’m very aware that some unis tell HND students to start from third year in BSc before master’s.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
temitope2598:

This is probably one of the disadvantages of booking via a travel agency or third party. I booked and paid for my ticket directly from the airline.

I flew Qatar about a week ago too. My stopover was for approximately 9hours. I got a very nice hotel in the city, got my transit visa stamp and transportation to the hotel all done in less than 2hours.
There were more than 10 hotels in the city provided by the airline apart from the airport hotels.

We were all picked up 3hours before our connecting flight the next morning. I think it's safer to book directly from the airline especially in the case of a long stopover.
Hello, I try to book direct from airline but the prices I'm seeing on their site are not pocket friendly compare to the prices of agent, I don't know if I tried that in a wrong way, I'll be traveling through Qatar airways, please help me with the procesedure to book direct from the airline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
Niv25:

If I were you, after knowing all this, I would still go with the CC admission. Your eyes will clear.

I don't know why some people are hell bent on this damn CC degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
Adesire1:
Hello house! I have a masters degree but thinking of going for another masters in the same course which is special Education with specialization in speech pathology.. reason is because there are some courses that are not available in Nigeria that were not taught which I intend to complete in the Usa . My question is if the second masters will not pose a red flag at the embassy, if yes ,is it advisable to go for a PhD considering the fact that there are some courses I need to take before admission.
Another thing is ...can i apply to schools without GRE?
Lastly ...is it advisable to go with children on a study visa? Thank you.....

Of what importance are these courses to your career plan that makes you to want to repeat your MS degree?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2018
imperiouxx:

If I were you, after knowing all this, I would still go with the CC admission. Your eyes will clear.

I don't know why some people are hell bent on this damn CC degree.
Because they feel its cheaper, most also feel its an escape route from Nigeria. I am not against people without Bsc going to community colleges, but people with Bsc already are looking for escape route and greener pasture. Whether the grass is green on the other side or not is what they might find out the hard way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hello house base on the existing issue on international Student Loan. Here is what I was able to get

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
Here is it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
omoluabiguy:

You can deceive yourself all you want! The earlier you listen to advises, the better for you

I LISTEN TO ADVICES BRO, SOME ADVICESS AREN'T WORTH TAKING...I FILTER THEM AND TAKEN THE MEANINGFUL ONCE. I STILL APPRECIATE YOUR PROFESSIONAL ADVICES HERE...WE NOT FIGHTING THIS A NEW YEAR. JAH BLESS YOU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
Fwesh101:
Hello house base on the existing issue on international Student Loan. Here is what I was able to get

But this does not provide any new information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
Niv25:

Two things..1) Visa 2) Career ....good luck with both!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pearl93(f): 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hi guys. So I booked my visa interview last week and fortunately got first week Jan. Before This, I was only seeing January 30th. I kept refreshing at midnight and early in the morning especially. Took me many days of sleepless night, but it was worth it. If you need a new visa date, I suggest you do the same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
Pearl93:
Hi guys. So I booked my visa interview last week and fortunately got January 5th. Before This, I was only seeing January 30th. I kept refreshing at midnight and early in the morning especially. Took me many days of sleepless night, but it was worth it. If you need a new visa date, I suggest you do the same.

I have a little problem. My first degree is from the UK and i was sponsored by my parents. But due to the current situation in Nigeria, they can't afford to sponsor my Masters. My boyfriend works with a FTSE 100 company in the U.S and earns about 12k dollars a month. He works offshore. He encouraged me to apply to the U.S instead of the U.K and he promised to foot all bills. So far he has kept his side of the deal by paying for GRE, DHL, application fees, sevis and all. It was also his bank statement that I used in getting my I20. My problem now is he said I must not mention at the interview that he is my boyfriend. He said I should say guardian or uncle. Because the fastest way to get denied is to say I have a boyfriend who is an American citizen. But i don't know how feasible that lie is. I am 23 and he is 35. How can he be my guardian? He has sent his bank statements and there is a closing balance of almost 50k dollars. So it surely covers my tuition and cost of living.

He said I should tell the consulate that he is my uncle and my parents sponsored him in school when things were going well. And now he is repaying back the gesture.

Do you guys think that would fly? I am really confused. I picked relative in my DS160 application. I don't want problems getting the Visa. If the VO asks why my parents are not sponsoring me this time since they paid so much for my first degree in London.

Also, do you know any way i can apply for a graduate assistant? I don't want to put all my hopes on my boyfriend . You know how these things can turn out. Right now I have nothing but him. And it scares me that if anything goes wrong, I would be stranded. He can be a bit impatient and has a bad temper. And honestly, I am not very patient myself. Even if it's an accommodation scholarship. He wants me to live with his friend who is married. Because im not studying in the same state he lives. And I honestly don't want to do that. *sigh*
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.