Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration (15991 Views)

Best Way To Congratulate A Muslim On The Day Of Eid / Ruling On Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian NY / Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by VitaminB12(m): 11:32am On Dec 15, 2017
yazach:

Did I see you typing Christian calendar?

Mr man nothing like Christian Calendar it is Gregorian

And who is Pope Gregory? Gregorian calendar is the intellectual property of Pope Gregory. One of the greatest Catholic Christian Popes

9 Likes

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Oricha62(m): 11:36am On Dec 15, 2017
uvalued:
Okay thank you for not congratulating Christians... But come oh whether you great or not does it make you beta? I don't give a hoot keep your greetings to yourself. I don't care
We are talking about what is revealed by Allah with evidence from Quran.if you have evidence in your bible then follow it .
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by JoGanya(m): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2017
Hypocritical religion

3 Likes

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 11:55am On Dec 15, 2017
Dindondin:
tell your beggars to stay clear of Christian homes during Christmas. You are illogical & full of untold & unimaginable hate.
If a helpless & starving Muslim needs foof on Christmas day, & a Christian was there to give food, tell himlher to starve to death
This usually happen in war thorn areas.

Well is your problem so deal with it

One thing is sure, you can not go to Ogun festival and eat the sacrificed dog only if you are not a devoted christian
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 11:57am On Dec 15, 2017
VitaminB12:
And who is Pope Gregory? Gregorian calendar is the intellectual property of Pope Gregory. One of the greatest Catholic Christian Popes

So catholic are now Christian.

Will you stop beating around the bush and embrace the truth that nothing like Christian calendar
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by businesscitadel(m): 11:59am On Dec 15, 2017
Who una congratulations epp? Mtchew undecided Another Friday meaningless thread from the stable of Islamic section. undecided undecided
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2017
Q- Can a Muslim great Non Muslims
A- Yes but not for their festivals

Q- Can a Muslim eat Christians food
A- Yes but not the festivity foods(except in case of necessity)

Q- Can a Muslim man marry christian woman
A- Yes but the pious ones among them(also sincerely embrace Islam )

Q- Can a Muslim woman marry a christian man
A- No it is harram
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Ridwan440(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
drakeli:
What about Happy New Year! I hope you know celebrating new year 2018 is celebrating two thousand and eighteen years after the birth of Jesus? Technically, it’s not a Muslim celebration and new year. But you can shout it on roof top that you are in 2017 or 2018. Don’t you see any problem with that as a Muslim acknowledging Christian calendar. So, you need to start writing your own date henceforth using Islamic calendar. Failure to do that is participating in recognizing Christian new year and acknowledgment of its celebration. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
May the good God bless you and continue to enrich you with more knowledge and understanding

2 Likes

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Ridwan440(m): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
yazach:

sit down nothing like Christian calendar. Bitter truth
Salamualeiku brother,
Please it is important we do our home work very well before coming to public furum to share thought. From you response Sir, it seems you dont have enough fact to back up your point.
It is not a must we post some topic self.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by BYSAlhadi(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
There is no any gigantic reference that prohibits a Muslims to congratulate Christians Followers on their festivals. All this references cited were just a literary phantom of the scholars. You just congratulates them what is there? Read the Islamic history very well and see how prophet and his companions entertained the Christians. And read again and see how Christians gives shelter to the Muslims before migration to mecca.

yazach:
Question:

What is the ruling on congratulating the disbelievers on their celebration e.g Christmas ? And how do we respond to them if they greet us with it.

And is it permissible to go to the places where they are having celebrations for that purpose. And does the person (Muslim) take a sin if he does the aforementioned without any intent? Rather he only does it being courteous, or due to shyness or due to being put in an awkward situation, or due to some other reasons. And is it permissible to resemble them in this?

Answer:

Congratulating the disbelievers on their Christmas celebration or other than that from their religious holidays is not permissible according to the consensus. As was related by Ibn Al Qayyim, may Allah have mercy upon him, in his book The ruling on the people beneath the Muslim protection [Ahkham Ad Dhimmah — أحكام أهل الذمة] when he said:

“As for congratulating the disbelievers for their religious ceremonies that have kufr (disbelief) attached to it, then it is not permissible according to the consensus. For example congratulating them for their holidays or their fasts, so the person says, ‘May you have a bless holiday’, or he wishes them well for their holiday or something like that. So this, if the one who says it escapes from falling into kufr (disbelief), is (still) from the impermissible things. And it is on the same level as congratulating them for prostrating to the cross. Rather it is a greater sin with Allah. And it is a more severe abomination than to congratulate them for drinking alcohol and killing someone, committing illegal sexual intercourse and things of this nature. And many of the people who don’t have any religion (or respect for the religion) fall into this. And he doesn’t know the ugliness (evil) of what he has done. So whoever congratulates a person for committing sins, or innovations, or disbelief, then he has exposed himself to the hate, wrath (anger) of Allah.”

End of the Shaykh’s (Ibn Al Qayyim) speech may Allah have mercy upon him.

Shaykh Uthaymeen continues:

So congratulating the disbelievers on the religious holidays is not permissible, as shown by the proof brought by Ibn Al Qayyim. Because in it, (congratulating the kufar on their religious holidays) is an approval for what they are upon from their kufr ceremonies, and showing them that you are please with it. Even if the person is not pleased with the actual kufr itself, it is also not permissible for the Muslim to be pleased with kufr ceremonies, or to congratulate them for it. Because Allah the Exalted is not pleased with that, as Allah the Exalted says,

“If you disbelieve, then verily, Allah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you.”

(Surah Az Zumar, Chapter 39 verse 7)

And the Exalted says,

“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.”

(Surah Al Ma'idah, Chapter 5 verse 3)

So congratulating them with this is not permissible whether this person is your co worker or not. So if they greet us with their holiday greeting we don’t respond to them with it, because it’s not our holiday, and they are holidays that Allah is not pleased with, and because it is something that is either innovated in their religion, or it was legislated but has since been abrogated by the deen of Islam that which Muhammad peace and blessing be upon him, was sent with to all of the creation. And He (Allah) says about it (Islam)

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers”

(Surah Ale Imran, Chapter 3 verse 85)

And for the Muslim to accept their invitations to these occasions (holiday celebrations) is haram. (Impermissible) Because this is worst than congratulating them with it, because this would entail participating with them in this. Also it is haram for the Muslim to imitate the disbelievers by establishing celebrations for these occasions, or to exchanges gifts, or

to distribute sweets, or trays of food, or to stop work or anything like this. Due to the statement of the Prophet (ﷺ)

“Whoever imitates a people is from them”

[Narrated by Abu Dawood in his Sunan, no. 3512; Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 2691].

Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said in his book,

“Follow the straight path and oppose the path to the fire,” Imitating them in some of their celebration causes happiness in their hearts for what they are upon from false hood. And it is possible that this might encourage them to take advantage of this opportunity to humiliate the weak minded”.

End of his (Shaykhul Islam ibn Taymiyyah’s) speech. May Allah have mercy upon him.

And whoever does anything from this is a sinner. And it is the same whether he did it being courteous, or seeking friendship, or due to shyness, or any other reason, because this is from being deceitful in the deen of Allah. And this is from the reasons that reinforce the psyche of the disbelievers and to make them proud of their deen.

— Shaykh Saalih ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah)

[The above is a summary translation of a post taken from sahab.net. Translated by Rasheed Estes Barbee

3 Likes

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Heavance(m): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
drakeli:
What about Happy New Year! I hope you know celebrating new year 2018 is celebrating two thousand and eighteen years after the birth of Jesus?.
I be Christian, but this one weak me o.
so you mean it is 2017 years after Christ was born in Bethlehem? Is that how you were told it is calculated?

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by musa7m(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2017
Dindondin:
A lier & a fanatic. Posting posts that incite people against each other.
Gregorian calendar is a Christian calendar.
Drakeli was right.
If not that we v a mod that can't vet your hate thread properly or maybe he/she is your type, your thread should be in Nairaland abyss.
Your type is so ignorant & so full of untold hate for other religions.
No Christian ll care about your existence or your Christmas greetings. Tell your beggars & others that benefit from Christmas to stay clear of Christian homes lest you suffer the wrath of Allah.
The Gregorian calendar is internationally the most widely used civil calendar. It is named after Pope Gregory XIII, who introduced it in October 1582. It was a refinement to the Julian calendar involving an approximately 0.002% correction in the length of the calendar year.

2017 in various calendars
Gregorian calendar2017
MMXVII
Ab urbe condita2770
Armenian calendar1466
ԹՎ ՌՆԿԶ
Assyrian calendar6767
Bahá'í calendar173–174
Balinese saka calendar1938–1939
Bengali calendar1424
Berber calendar2967
British Regnal year65 Eliz. 2 – 66 Eliz. 2
Buddhist calendar2561
Burmese calendar1379
Byzantine calendar7525–7526
Chinese calendar丙申年 (Fire Monkey)
4713 or 4653
    — to —
丁酉年 (Fire Rooster)
4714 or 4654
Coptic calendar1733–1734
Discordian calendar3183
Ethiopian calendar2009–2010
Hebrew calendar5777–5778
Hindu calendars
 - Vikram Samvat2073–2074
 - Shaka Samvat1938–1939
 - Kali Yuga5117–5118
Holocene calendar12017
Igbo calendar1017–1018
Iranian calendar1395–1396
Islamic calendar1438–1439
Japanese calendarHeisei 29
(平成29年)
Javanese calendar1950–1951
Juche calendar106
Julian calendarGregorian minus 13 days
Korean calendar4350
Minguo calendarROC 106
民國106年
Nanakshahi calendar549
Thai solar calendar2560
Tibetan calendar阳火猴年
(male Fire-Monkey)
2143 or 1762 or 990
    — to —
阴火鸡年
(female Fire-Rooster)
2144 or 1763 or 991
Unix time1483228800 – 1514764799

1 Like

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by drakeli: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
zesh:

I believe you are wrong about this, the calender is not based on jesus birth.make yoir research please
You can teach us about our calendar mr Muslim as we can teach you about ijirah.
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by drakeli: 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
Heavance:

I be Christian, but this one weak me o.
so you mean it is 2017 years after Christ was born in Bethlehem? Is that how you were told it is calculated?
That’s the fact my friend. Jesus died at 33 years of age. Every year counting has been adding up to it since then by the early Christians and Catholic Church in the first century . Remember, Romans exiled the Jews in 70 AD. That was 37 years after Jesus was crucified.
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 2:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
yazach:

Well is your problem so deal with it

One thing is sure, you can not go to Ogun festival and eat the sacrificed dog only if you are not a devoted christian
Your ignorance, intolerance & inner hatred are my problems. I felicitate with people from other religions. I don't even disregard the African Traditional Religion cos that's my root. I eat food from them given to me when they are celebrating.
Evangelism is different from facilitating.
Mr Yazach, you are not a genuine Muslim. It's you'd kind that wants Muslim boys to marry non Muslim girls but disallow Muslim girls from marrying non Muslim guys.
Your hypocrisy stinks. BTW, this world isn't meant for you alone. That's why Allah didn't create only Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by lawman88(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
yazach:

Did I see you typing Christian calendar?

Mr man nothing like Christian Calendar it is Gregorian

What is this one saying? The Gregorian calendar start with AD $ BC (after the death of Christ and Before Christ). If it is not a christian calendar, why it foundational base is AD & BC? Go and learn....
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
yazach:

So catholic are now Christian.

Will you stop beating around the bush and embrace the truth that nothing like Christian calendar
they are Moslems. JJC
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Dindondin(m): 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
yazach:
Q- Can a Muslim great Non Muslims
A- Yes but not for their festivals

Q- Can a Muslim eat Christians food
A- Yes but not the festivity foods(except in case of necessity)

Q- Can a Muslim man marry christian woman
A- Yes but the pious ones among them(also sincerely embrace Islam )

Q- Can a Muslim woman marry a christian man
A- No it is harram

That's why you are never satisfied n fulfilled with your religion. You can marry another man's daughter but you can't let him marry your daughter. You are a born loser!

3 Likes

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by lawman88(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
yazach:

What is it exactly that Christians can do except to imitate whites and call it theirs. Just name it

Burial ceremony. Naming, Marriage, Festivals, etc
When you lost in discourse you always go raging. It's natural to you Muslims. Why should a Muslim wear suit, wedding ring, kiss bride in the public, bride wearing white gown not copying whites. You need brain formatting

3 Likes

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
Dindondin:

Your ignorance, intolerance & inner hatred are my problems. I facilitate with people from other religions. I don't even disregard the African Traditional Religion cos that's my root.[s] I eat food from them given to me when they are celebrating.
Evangelism is different from facilitating[/s].
Mr Yazach, you are not a genuine Muslim. It's you'd kind that wants Muslim boys to marry non Muslim girls but disallow Muslim girls from marrying non Muslim guys.
Your hypocrisy stinks. BTW, this world isn't meant for you alone. That's why Allah didn't create only Muslims.

If I understand your lie well well, are you saying you can eat sacrifice(ebo, when you are not vulture). I beg stop this pretending attitude
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
lawman88:

When you lost in discourse you always go raging. It's natural to you Muslims. Why should a Muslim wear suit, wedding ring, kiss bride in the public, bride wearing white gown not copying whites. You need brain formatting

What is this one saying now
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
Dindondin:

That's why you are never satisfied n fulfilled with your religion. You can marry another m ;Dan's daughter but you can't let him marry your daughter. You are a born loser!

Your Monika self dindondin grin
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
Judolisco:
Afghanistan: You know what it is.
Tunisia, Senegal & Burkina Faso: All have limited involvement in the Insurgency in the Maghreb, an aftermath of the Algerian Civil War.
Iran & Turkey: Conflict with Kurd separatists (the PJAK & the PKK resp.).
Yemen: Shia insurgency as well as an al-Qaeda led one.
Iraq: Again, we all know what.
Jordan: Assistance against ISIS.
Somalia: The Somali Civil War
Azerbaijan: The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Armenia.
Niger: The Insurgency in the Maghreb. Also supports Nigeria against Boko Haram.
Algeria: The Insurgency in the Maghreb.
Libya: Obvious entry on this list with the Libyan Civil War.
Pakistan: The War against terrorists in the Northwest Frontier Province (Khyber-Pathkunwala), the Baluchistan insurgency and the Kashmir conflict.
Egypt: The Sinai insurgency by local Bedouin.
Syria: The Syrian civil war.
Mali: The Azawad / Northern Mali conflict, as well as the Maghreb Insurgency.
Indonesia: The West Papua conflict. Also, possibly an Islamist insurgency, but I think this has ended.
Sudan: The South Kordofan conflict.
Lebanon: Spillover of the Syrian Civil War
Chad: Involvement in the Mali conflict. Ode

Ode-de! How does this concern celebrating Xmas? And some dey like n share?
sad

1 Like

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
BYSAlhadi:
There is no any gigantic reference that prohibits a Muslims to congratulate Christians Followers on their festivals. All this references cited were just a literary phantom of the scholars. You just congratulates them what is there? Read the Islamic history very well and see how prophet and his companions entertained the Christians. And read again and see how Christians gives shelter to the Muslims before migration to mecca.

I expect to read in your post that the prophet congratulated them for their festivals with evidence.

I don't think their is any statement in the post which says we can not relate with non belivers
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Judolisco(m): 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Ode-de! How does this concern celebrating Xmas? And some dey like n share?
sad
he said we have no laws and I gave a list of countries who follows sharia law, and how sharia have been helping them positively..
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
Judolisco:
he said we have no laws and I gave a list of countries who follows sharia law, and how sharia have been helping them positively..

Did the conflict happen as a result of the Shari'ah or other external influence? angry
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ridwan440:

Salamualeiku brother,
Please it is important we do our home work very well before coming to public furum to share thought. From you response Sir, it seems you dont have enough fact to back up your point.
It is not a must we post some topic self.

Wa alaikum salam
It is really painful when non bepivers knows what they are doing more than a said to be Muslims

Brother you are here saying what you posted above when some Christians will never great you for Christmas even in this thread who you praised above has been debunked by his co christian.

If you as a Muslim can say this when co Christians are debunking it !!!!

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20121201/why-some-do-not-celebrate-christmas/
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
lawman88:

This is nonsense sir! Any right thinking homo sapien would know that this actions are not from Islam! Find another excuse.
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Pataricatering(f): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
No matter how much you argue it , islam was not made to co-exist peacefully with any other religion ! How would you live with other people and not be able to tolerate them ? Basically Muslims also shouldnt have Christian friends since it would be encouraging them to continue in their “ kufr “ ! Islam has to reform , seriously .FYI I’m Muslim
drakeli:
What about Happy New Year! I hope you know celebrating new year 2018 is celebrating two thousand and eighteen years after the birth of Jesus? Technically, it’s not a Muslim celebration and new year. But you can shout it on roof top that you are in 2017 or 2018. Don’t you see any problem with that as a Muslim acknowledging Christian calendar. So, you need to start writing your own date henceforth using Islamic calendar. Failure to do that is participating in recognizing Christian new year and acknowledgment of its celebration. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

4 Likes

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Judolisco(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Did the conflict happen as a result of the Shari'ah or other external influence? angry
external what Twas external influence that started boko haram crises in Nigeria or the civil war in Syria or Libya guy jst face it something is wrong with ur laws, if not why must I swear an allegiance to comment on a thread directed to Christians, I have not seen a single thread on nairaland on a Friday to condemn terrorist groups that slaughter and kill innocent pple everyday.

1 Like

Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
Pataricatering:
No matter how much you argue it , islam was not made to co-exist peacefully with any other religion ! How would you live with other people and not be able to tolerate them ? Basically Muslims also shouldnt have Christian friends since it would be encouraging them to continue in their “ kufr “ ! Islam has to reform , seriously .FYI I’m Muslim

Probably you are Modernist Muslim.

Go and pack the Qur'an and start reforming them! The one with Allaah too inclusive... angry
Re: Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration by yazach: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
Pataricatering:

No you got it wrong totally.
When crusaders took over Palestine, they killed Muslims in tens of thousand but when Salahudeen(muslim) took over, we just spare Christians, we protect their cross and allowed them to worship in their temple.

I know a Muslim country that built churches for Christians, they allowed them to worship, give the free medical service, give them from zakat of Muslims lots more . Mind you this is happening in this present time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Join the Freemasons Without Losing His Faith? / Divorce And Remarriage, Weird Laws / Evidence That Muhammad Was A Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.