Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban (2674 Views)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / BREAKING: Muslim Youths Burn Down A Kano Sharia Court Over Blasphemous Comments / United State Of America To Have The First Sharia Court In Texas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:31am On Mar 31, 2010
@Seun, Nairaland is next with this Religious Section that is conflagration of mockery of Islam and Christianity (though Christians are blog lovers and leverage it well)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8595572.stm

An Islamic court in Nigeria has permanently banned a rights group from holding an internet debate about amputation as a form of punishment.

This follows a temporary order made last week by a court in northern Nigeria preventing Facebook and Twitter being used to discuss the issue.

The ban was initially sought by a pro-Sharia group which said internet sites would be used to mock Islamic law.

The Sharia code runs alongside secular law in 12 of Nigeria's 36 states.

In 2000, Malam Buba Bello Jangebe was the first person in Nigeria to have an amputation carried out under Islamic law after being found guilty of stealing a cow.

The Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria started a Twitter feed, blog and Facebook debate about it so "Nigerians could air their opinions on Sharia law as a whole".

But the Association of Muslim Brotherhood of Nigeria, a pro-Sharia group based in the northern city of Kaduna, argued that the forums would mock the Sharia system.

The court agreed and issued a temporary ban on the internet discussions last week.

Tuesday's ruling makes the ban permanent.
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 31, 2010
This People are Fools, How is that possible, Abi na dem get Facebook site? grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by 77ken: 11:38am On Mar 31, 2010
waiting to hear that twitter and facebook have been shutdown. grin grin
MUTALLABS!
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by MonGee(m): 11:57am On Mar 31, 2010
let's wait & watch how they implement it, lol grin grin
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by beewhyfocs(m): 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
Though ds does nt make sense yet its very possible. Some countries dont allow facebook.
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by Tonyet1(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2010
Would not be surprised if those vampires use this to create another crisis in the country again  undecided undecided undecided Islamism - what a religion!
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by hermosa(f): 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2010
lol, just cos they 'own' Nigeria that don't mean they own facebook and twitter, i swear these guys are hilarious!!
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by hubreality(m): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
They only banned the debate on the amputation act of Sharia not Twitter nor Facebook
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by seunspice(m): 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Poster! It is very evident from your post which side of the wall you are on, but there is definitely no smoke without a fire. Don't come rubbishing Nairaland because of some degenerates who are basically on the same side of the fence as you.
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by comechop(m): 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2010
hubreality:

They only banned the debate on the amputation act of Sharia not Twitter nor Facebook

So what? Who do they think they are to ban debate? Bigotic idiots.
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by sulad82i(m): 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
I wonder sometimes if some of the people on NL are really educated or they just read through the lines. No wonder so many of you never pass JAMB.
If they make a law for the people not to twitt or put up a facebook message about a particular topic, its obvious that only apply to the citizens of their state(s) who are bound by their laws. If you live in another state that does not allow the law and you twitt, they can not come and get you. I am a Muslim and don't support sharia's cruelty. I believe people should get second chance, we are all sinners,  we ask for God's forgiveness and he grant us. So why can't we human and the laws we made be fashioned in the same way.
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by Bethlehem: 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2010
we need to learn to devote more of our time and efforts on issues that are constructive, interesting and educative
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by bawomolo(m): 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
lol na wa o. is this somalia?
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by lafile(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
sulad82i:

I wonder sometimes if some of the people on NL are really educated or they just read through the lines. No wonder so many of you never pass JAMB.
If they make a law for the people not to twitt or put up a facebook message about a particular topic, its obvious that only apply to the citizens of their state(s) who are bound by their laws. If you live in another state that does not allow the law and you twitt, they can not come and get you. I am a Muslim and don't support sharia's cruelty. I believe people should get second chance, we are all sinners,  we ask for God's forgiveness and he grant us. So why can't we human and the laws we made be fashioned in the same way.

But still, how will they implement it? How will they stop someone in their own house or office or with a mobile phone or blackberry twitting on sharia? Why make laws that u obviously cant implement? It opens the sharia court to mockery - like the ones here on Nairaland.
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by enomakos(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2010
ha ha

i can not stop laughing,whether does guy like it or not people like me will twitt and discourse it on facebook

can they ban me for writing in my own house?
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by cruworld(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
enomakos:

ha ha

i can not stop laughing,whether does guy like it or not people like me will twitt and discourse it on facebook

can they ban me for writing in my own house?
whateva dude, If facebook cannot allow you to use some stupid names for your profile definitely their is a way to prevent this also,
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by adebayosun02: 4:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
sometimes i tend to see some of this northners as IDIOT especially some muslims amg them who tend to kill for the sake of religion
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by sulad82i(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
lafile:

But still, how will they implement it? How will they stop someone in their own house or office or with a mobile phone or blackberry twitting on sharia? Why make laws that u obviously cant implement? It opens the sharia court to mockery - like the ones here on Nairaland.

It's only in China that the Govt intercept and or block it's citizen from some websites not 9ja.  
The ban will only allow them to punish pple that do twitt, and that's if they are caught. They obviously can't stop pple from going online.
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by enomakos(m): 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
@cruworld

let wait an see
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by enomakos(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2010
@cruworld

let wait an see
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by bobokelly(m): 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2010
wait, what is wrong with these people, Islamic is a peaceful religion ,but there are some daft, who turned it up-side down, how can you kill your fellow all in the name of religions, RUBISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by barman2: 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2010
Greater nø of these fanatics(muslims) hv dumb IQs, freedom of expression goes where ?
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by eros(m): 12:10am On Apr 01, 2010
BUAHAHAHAHA cheesy grin cheesy grin

Very funny. These fools will never seize to amaze me. Can you imagine their level of illiteracy. Very well then, lets see them stop the discussion on facebook and twitter. Please anybody knows how i can join these forums and groups so i can bash these backward animals real good. angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by ayettymama(f): 12:14am On Apr 01, 2010
They banned that particular group from discussing it

a group which im sure is based in one of the sharia states

i thinks its filled with actual lawyers from the case

cmon it will be stuipid of them to rule out discussions entirely!

infact- they are only making it worst

now i bet there will be 500 more twitter grps and sites to discuss it!

i dont think these sharia judges went to law school!

neways its not thier fault- i blame the monkey obasanjo- man wouldve sold his soul for a 3rd term!
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by InesQor(m): 12:44am On Apr 01, 2010
grin grin grin grin Chei

This is so freaking DUMB!

cheesy cheesy cheesy Even if the BAN covers only the Sharia states, how will you know my location from my twitter account or my facebook account?

Agreed, IP to location scripts and software can pinpoint the location of your ISP, but not when IP Masking methods still exist!

I never see! cool
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by ayettymama(f): 1:47am On Apr 01, 2010
im guessing if they suspect you

theyll arrest u first

find evidence later!

is that nothow sharia works
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by solokay(m): 7:46am On Apr 01, 2010
This is really Dumb. I bet non of the people that issue the ban know how twitter works talk-less of how to use it and now they want to ban people from using it. Freaking DUMB.
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by InesQor(m): 8:31am On Apr 01, 2010
ayettymama:

im guessing if they suspect you

theyll arrest u first

find evidence later!

is that nothow sharia works
Not me. I'm an internet cowboy. If I want, I can make myself untraceable grin cheesy

Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by Brisingr(m): 8:48am On Apr 01, 2010
They won't block ips or go through d techie stuff if u 're suspected dey chop off ur fingers wonder why people don't leave d states 4 d judges 2 amputate dem selves
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by money2ride: 8:58am On Apr 01, 2010
Thank God I just heard about the topic because of the ban. I would look for it and twitter and also facebook it so well. Dont mind them, they only want cheap popularity/advert for their action. Comedians! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by gReenmAn(m): 10:34am On Apr 01, 2010
Power drunk imbeciles trying to go techy!
Nonsense angry
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by Luqhas(m): 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2010
Na wao.my people perish because they lack knowledge.people dat do know anything about sharia just open their mouth and speak.if u hv a thief cm to ur house take all ur belongings away.when u catch the will u thank him sm people if go to the extent of beating an thief to death or burm alive.the sharia dat God prescribe 4 us nows says whem u catch a thief amputate his wrist not even with pain but it will done by medical expert as operation is done without feeling pains.unreasonabble people are now questioning God's judgement.all glory is due to God almighty.[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Judas Saved Or Did He Lose His Salvation? / Scienctific Error Of Tower Of Babel / Are Religious Countries More Likely To Be Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.