Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban (2673 Views)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / BREAKING: Muslim Youths Burn Down A Kano Sharia Court Over Blasphemous Comments / United State Of America To Have The First Sharia Court In Texas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by Luqhas(m): 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2010
Na wao.my people perish because they lack knowledge.people dat do know anything about sharia just open their mouth and speak.if u hv a thief cm to ur house take all ur belongings away.when u catch the will u thank him sm people if go to the extent of beating an thief to death or burm alive.the sharia dat God prescribe 4 us nows says whem u catch a thief amputate his wrist not even with pain but it will done by medical expert as operation is done without feeling pains.unreasonabble people are now questioning God's judgement.all glory is due to God almighty.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by ayettymama(f): 12:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
^^ ehn go and rejoice now

u can even have his hand for dinner

we are talkin betta tin here

gerrout!

oshisco
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by Brisingr(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01, 2010
@luqhas either medically controlled amputation or d old skool type i mean usin' d machete d outcome is d same
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by TPS360: 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
unconstitutional,
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
Contrary to what some posters assume. I am biased to religion (in general), however that is not the focus here.

The point is if the Sharia Court can put their instructions as law and actually execute it to the point of it becoming legally binding on the Internet group and its discussants, then Nairaland will become a veritable target as well. (issues that have far-reaching effects and sensitive themes than Sharia has been discussed here without incident) is that about to change?

But let us not speculate, why not look at the theme of the discussions that was banned on facebook and twitter and try to raise it here on the religion section, or better yet, raise it in the Islam section and see how far that goes, it is my humble opinion that people who gather discuss openly intelligently are far more likely to be devout in their faith, than those who run their legal systems in contrast with the provisions of the National Constitution.

Let us take that step and discuss it, after-all it is a simple amputation for stealing nothing more than N1,000 (i suspect), but let some seating governor of a sharia state be indicted for stealing billions from the state treasury, all the religious scholars and imams go to sleep over it. why not cut off his legs and gonads grin
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by ayettymama(f): 1:16am On Apr 02, 2010
nigerians and thier funky laws!

gosh- when theres soo much problem in the country

thats what they spend thier time doing!

CRN group should just convert to SNG and lets see hw we can #lightupnigeria

cos to be honest noone gives a whoot about those people!

its thier bizniz wat they wanna do with themselves!
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by iam: 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
sulad82i: I wonder sometimes if some of the people on NL are really educated or they just read through the lines. No wonder so many of you never pass JAMB.
If they make a law for the people not to twitt or put up a facebook message about a particular topic, its obvious that only apply to the citizens of their state(s) who are bound by their laws. If you live in another state that does not allow the law and you twitt, they can not come and get you. I am a Muslim and don't support sharia's cruelty. I believe people should get second chance, we are all sinners,  we ask for God's forgiveness and he grant us. So why can't we human and the laws we made be fashioned in the same way.

some times i dont even no what to say to pple when i read there comments related to issues. today in nigeria pple steal and they are killed and a religious law say if one steals his hand will be amputated which is better killing or amputated..
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by iam: 2:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
some times i dont even no what to say to pple when i read there comments related to issues. today in nigeria pple steal and they are killed and a religious law say if one steals his hand will be amputated which is better killing or amputation
Re: Nigeria Sharia Court Confirms Twitter Debate Ban by Ruqaya(f): 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
There is no proof whatsoever strong enough to change or convince d opinion of a kaafir. So i leave you to GOD to judge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scienctific Error Of Tower Of Babel / Before The Creation Of Heaven, Where Was God / Mary Appears Live In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.