Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting (3134 Views)

14yr Old Stepdaughter Likes To Sleep In Our Bed / Help! My Wife Won't Sleep In The Same Room With Me / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by fadconsult(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2010
Is it right for a guy to sleep in his wife father's house when both of them are visiting,my father use to say that a man is not suppose tosleep in their in laws house cos yoruba custom forbids it that if the guy dies there,his dead body will pass thru the window for burial, he also practise it,since i was born,av neav seen him do thesame,pls advice me,cos my father inlaw inssit i must stay with them,that am their son
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by eldee(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
Moved to Family.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by DisGuy: 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2010
sad. a grown man, married to a woman asking this question

you think they want to kill you? if you are dead does it really matter where they pass the body?

Are you scared of dying lol
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by benedictac(f): 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
is it not ur family too? or ur wife too should not sleep at ur father's house too now
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by Godalone(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2010
If i have no fear in sleeping in my father's house,then i have no fear in sleeping in my father-inlaw's house
My father-inlaw is also my father,forget about Yoruba culture forbids this or accept that.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by ifyalways(f): 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
Nothing is wrong with it,u guys became same family the day u married their daughter.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by otukpo(f): 4:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
Nothing wey pesn no go hear.

But she can sleep in ur own father's house?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by Sagamite(m): 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2010
fadconsult:

Is it right for a guy to sleep in his wife father's house when both of them are visiting,my father use to say that a man is not suppose tosleep in their in laws house cos yoruba custom forbids it that if the guy dies there,his dead body will pass thru the window for burial, he also practise it,since i was born,av neav seen him do thesame,pls advice me,cos my father inlaw inssit i must stay with them,that am their son

Continue availing yourself to and following moronic concepts all in the name of culture and customs!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by Kunbee: 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2010
^^abi oo undecided undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by Outstrip(f): 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
Tell your in laws to build you your own house right next to theirs so that you do not break tradition. You must make sure you follow the tradition even when it makes no sense whatsoever.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by agathamari(f): 8:32pm On Apr 01, 2010
this is an issue? your kidding? why couldnt a man sleep in his inlaws house? where else is he going to sleep? the car? a tent in the woods?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by usbcable(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
@poster
you should understand that this law was made when we still lived in a close-nit communal setup.wherein what happens in one household is known to the whole village.wont you sleep in your wifes house if her parents stayed abroad(say U.K) for instance.
you should also note that those that promulgated the above law, also said a lady that is being courted should not pass in front of her suitors house during the whole period of the offer-and-acceptance period.
But you wont find it odd that your GF(then)slept in your apartment even before you set eyes on her family talkless her parents.

ABEGI,sleep well well.and please i can come sleep with you if light dey there.NEPA don take light here.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Sleep In His Wife Fathers House When Both Are Visiting by Ndipe(m): 2:05am On Apr 02, 2010
It's also common in my culture. I think men in those days choose to abide by it, because by spending the night at your father inlaw's house, he is basically your oga, temporarily, which most men find condescending.

(1) (Reply)

How To Have A Male Or A Female Child The Bible Way! / A Woman's Most Difficult Task / The Man Tai Solarin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.